Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 2.67 average. Display Modes
Old 03-07-2011, 08:47 PM   #221
Gift Guru

likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!

Default Re: Ganz Changing Monthly Webkinz Plush Line-Up Further

Frankly none of this surprises me. I'm kind of glad they're scaling back on the number of pets they release each month, it was getting a little out of hand, especially for "Super Collectors". And not every pet was worth buying either, some of them were just plain idiotic *Cough*puckerfish*Cough*

But for them to take away POTM, that's strange. They had nothing to lose with this program and obviously it was to help clear out the stray plushies from their vendors' shelves. There are so many pets that never ever got a kick at the POTM can- it costs GANZ nothing to add the extra activities. Between everyone in my family we had the POTM once.

As far as my family is concerned, Tail Towns and Less-Than-Amazing World are of absolutely NO interest to any of us (and one of my kids is a teenager as well). GANZ probably is discontinuing those Signature lines and Endangered Species lines so they can transfer the staff from those units into the new websites. Well, I kind of hope those two new sites are a bust because GANZ can't even get WW right--- how many years has it been in operation and it still has how many glitches?

But we have to look at the reality. GANZ = privately owned corporation. They have had a history of being deceitful and going back on something they promised users especially if it comes to bettering their own bottom line.

They probably realized they can make way more money selling the website to outside advertisers than to make plushies and creative music videos anymore.

Last edited by likmfurry; 03-07-2011 at 08:57 PM..
likmfurry is offline Male Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2011, 08:48 PM   #222
I <3 Orlando Bloo
Webkinz :)

I love growling is a splendid one to beholdI love growling is a splendid one to beholdI love growling is a splendid one to beholdI love growling is a splendid one to behold

View Post Originally Posted by WebKinLover004
This is not good at all. I can live without the signature and endangered pets, found them way to pricey, can't afford spending $30- or more on a stuffed animal or virtual pet. What has me upset is the loss of the pet of the month. I enjoyed the extra activities and special items that you can only get with the pet of the month. I feel Ganz had better give their heads a shake and maintain webkinz the way it has always been. Like a lot of other members, I have no interest in the other sites and have been putting any extra cash I have into my webkinz accounts.

Same here, Although I want to know what Amazing World is about (since I am a teenager and it's directed for teenagers). Hope it doesn't have free chat though, or my parents won't allow it. They hardly even allow my Kinzchat PLUS.
I love growling is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 08:48 PM   #223
BANANA!!!!!!!!
Gift Guru

username123 rocks our collective socksusername123 rocks our collective socksusername123 rocks our collective socksusername123 rocks our collective socksusername123 rocks our collective socksusername123 rocks our collective socksusername123 rocks our collective socksusername123 rocks our collective socksusername123 rocks our collective socks

This is riduculous!!! Ganz is just grabbing for money. Webkinz started it all, and it should be the only one, and they should be focusing all their time, energy, and money on Webkinz, not on any other site, that we know won't be nearly as awesome as Webkinz.
username123 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 08:50 PM   #224
I <3 Orlando Bloo

I love growling is a splendid one to beholdI love growling is a splendid one to beholdI love growling is a splendid one to beholdI love growling is a splendid one to behold

no offense to any Webkinz jr. lovers, but I am not missing that one
Old 03-07-2011, 08:55 PM   #225
deedee6
Gifted

lego has accomplished something fantabulous
lego has accomplished something fantabulouslego has accomplished something fantabulouslego has accomplished something fantabulouslego has accomplished something fantabulouslego has accomplished something fantabulouslego has accomplished something fantabulous

View Post Originally Posted by I love growling
Same here, Although I want to know what Amazing World is about (since I am a teenager and it's directed for teenagers). Hope it doesn't have free chat though, or my parents won't allow it. They hardly even allow my Kinzchat PLUS.
Then how are you allowed on here?
lego is online now Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 08:58 PM   #226
I <3 Orlando Bloo

BEcause they have filters and moderators.

I am not allowed on Face book Farm Town and stuff like that because it has no filter.
Old 03-07-2011, 09:06 PM   #227
virtualpawprints
Gifted

virtualpawprint is not just visiting!virtualpawprint is not just visiting!virtualpawprint is not just visiting!virtualpawprint is not just visiting!virtualpawprint is not just visiting!virtualpawprint is not just visiting!virtualpawprint is not just visiting!virtualpawprint is not just visiting!virtualpawprint is not just visiting!virtualpawprint is not just visiting!virtualpawprint is not just visiting!

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by poobears
The director stated why he didn't like the endangered wall paper because blurred the lines that they had established from the beginning. Outside items outside (trees etc) inside items inside, then the few items that could go to either.

The wallpaper made the inside look like the outside and I guess that was bad for some odd reason and it didnt' conform strict enough to the preset "rules". I would think they would stop the charm forest wallpaper and flooring too if that is the real reason because it is also an outside set that goes inside.

Here's his exact answer. No more outdoor wallpapers.

We don't put every item in every room type simply because those are our rules. We established those rules at the beginning of the site, and with the exception of a few cases, we've stuck to them. The rules are simple. Outdoor items, like trees and pools, go outdoor and treetop. Indoor items go indoor and underwater. Windows and indoor items with flames (like fireplaces and candles) go indoor only. Small, decorative items that don't hang on walls ("presentables," as we call them) generally go everywhere. That's it in a nutshell.
Over the past year I'll admit we blurred the line with our Endangered Species "environments". These wallpapers only work indoor, but look outdoor. So while you could put a television in these rooms, you couldn't add a tree. The eStore has released a number of these wallpapers as well. Looking back, these were a mistake. We won't be doing any more "outdoor wallpapers" in the future.
We do recognize that people want to have freedom designing their spaces, and we do take this into consideration when we choose how an item can be used, but for the foreseeable future we will continue using our placement rules.
Well, IMO they "blurred" the lines way before with the island and beach themes and what about the Charm Forest Paper... They are just looking at excuses for justifying why the room perms for certain items exist and why they will not change the programming.
virtualpawprint is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 09:07 PM   #228
lpndutcher

lpndutcher has a spectacular aura about

I thought losing the Endangered line was bad enough, (especially when I thought proceeds from these pets would do wonders for the real animals...guess that will never happen) but this news is almost devastating! Webkinz World in one thing all 3 of my girls and I do together...!

Losing the POTM program just doesn't make since to me...They already have the POTM virtual items....why can't they just keep that part and the added dailies that go with it...Forget the added POTM eStore items...ect. Whats going to happen to the current POTM items we haven't been able to get yet?

The Small Signatures are really nice and more reasonably priced...so they will be missed as well!

I haven't even gotten a chance to do the Webkinz Jr with my Grandbaby as she is still too young, but I had bought several of them in waiting for the time to come...Will I get the chance? Should I open an account now in case they decide not to let anymore accounts be opened?

As for the other Worlds Ganz is working on...Not too keen on the Tail Towns at all, and the Amazing World seems okay...I may try that one out, but I have put thousands of dollars (as I am sure many of you as well have) into Ganz's Webkinz World...this is very frustrated to see it all go this way!

Too many things going on .... something is bound to get lost, left behind, or forgotten! So Sad!
lpndutcher is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 09:15 PM   #229
webkinzmom52 has a spectacular aura aboutwebkinzmom52 has a spectacular aura about

So does anyone have information on when the POTM will end? Will they still do the Caramel Lion for April and Owl for May? I hope so because I got extras of these to more POTM items.
webkinzmom52 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 09:16 PM   #230
Diabetes Awareness
Gift Guru

momcrom is sweet stuff
momcrom is sweet stuffmomcrom is sweet stuffmomcrom is sweet stuffmomcrom is sweet stuffmomcrom is sweet stuff

I'm not too fussed about the endangered series (though they were beautiful pets... but cost too much). I wish they'd keep the small signatures, just because they are more affordable, but I'm not too upset about that either.

I do not understand doing away with the POTM at all. We don't go out of our way to get them, but the few times we have been lucky enough to adopt a POTM we have loved getting our loot bags!

But if these changes mean that they can spend more time focusing on fixing and improving WW, then I really have no major complaints.

However, if they start neglecting WW while developing new sites, I'll be mighty disappointed.
momcrom is offline Female Reply With Quote

Tags
000000005 was here!, crafter4christ, don't do it ganz!, ducki, ganz are weirdies, ganz ist zehr schlecht, good bye!, james is mangarine, kevinelevin was here!, no ganz no!!!, no more small signatures, no more webkinz jr pets, stargazer1 was here, t.r., terrible choice ganz!, thanks for keeping potm, way to go ganz, what is left?, ••••••••shatner•

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: