Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!


Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 2.67 average. Display Modes
Old 03-07-2011, 05:10 PM   #131
Guest
VeronicaGee is a glorious beacon of lightVeronicaGee is a glorious beacon of lightVeronicaGee is a glorious beacon of light

Default Re: Ganz Changing Monthly Webkinz Plush Line-Up Further

View Post Originally Posted by poobears
The director stated why he didn't like the endangered wall paper because blurred the lines that they had established from the beginning. Outside items outside (trees etc) inside items inside, then the few items that could go to either.

The wallpaper made the inside look like the outside and I guess that was bad for some odd reason and it didnt' conform strict enough to the preset "rules". I would think they would stop the charm forest wallpaper and flooring too if that is the real reason because it is also an outside set that goes inside.

Here's his exact answer. No more outdoor wallpapers.

We don't put every item in every room type simply because those are our rules. We established those rules at the beginning of the site, and with the exception of a few cases, we've stuck to them. The rules are simple. Outdoor items, like trees and pools, go outdoor and treetop. Indoor items go indoor and underwater. Windows and indoor items with flames (like fireplaces and candles) go indoor only. Small, decorative items that don't hang on walls ("presentables," as we call them) generally go everywhere. That's it in a nutshell.
Over the past year I'll admit we blurred the line with our Endangered Species "environments". These wallpapers only work indoor, but look outdoor. So while you could put a television in these rooms, you couldn't add a tree. The eStore has released a number of these wallpapers as well. Looking back, these were a mistake. We won't be doing any more "outdoor wallpapers" in the future.
We do recognize that people want to have freedom designing their spaces, and we do take this into consideration when we choose how an item can be used, but for the foreseeable future we will continue using our placement rules.
Well maybe it's time the reconsidered these "rules" because so many outdoor items would look great indoors and viceversa. Not every item, but many would be fine. I wonder why they made the Wonderland theme w/ indoor and outdoor items then. This just doesn't sound like a very CREATIVE explanation from the CD.

BTW, this whole issue has bothered me from the beginning before any endangered pets etc. Are they going to get rid of the Charm Forest walls and floors too? Why can't I put my estore sailing ship in my beach theme room? I think they need to come up with a better answer for this. Also, why do so many things go in underwater rooms when they don't make any more sense as going indoors or outdoors?
VeronicaGee is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2011, 05:10 PM   #132
ebkinz Day - YAY!
Gifted
 
WetNose's Avatar
WetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicness
WetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicness

WI Subscriber
Default Re: Ganz Changing Monthly Webkinz Plush Line-Up Further

I'm sad to see these things ended, especially POTM. (I love the videos!) I can only hope that they will have new features that will please us.
WetNose is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 05:13 PM   #133
Webkinz :)
 
meatloafbandit's Avatar
meatloafbandit has a reputation beyond reputemeatloafbandit has a reputation beyond reputemeatloafbandit has a reputation beyond reputemeatloafbandit has a reputation beyond reputemeatloafbandit has a reputation beyond reputemeatloafbandit has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: Ganz Changing Monthly Webkinz Plush Line-Up Further

I agree with everyone; Webkinz JR wasn't very popular AT ALL. And the plushes were very expensive and not very creative. Sig End makes somewhat sense, but still abit hard to swallow. Not too bad though What really gets me is the small sig and POTM!! Small sigs were the cutest of the sigs (I'd say) and POTM was something to look forwards to!
meatloafbandit is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 05:16 PM   #134
est of Weird.
Webkinz :)
 
stargazer1's Avatar
stargazer1 has a reputation beyond reputestargazer1 has a reputation beyond reputestargazer1 has a reputation beyond reputestargazer1 has a reputation beyond reputestargazer1 has a reputation beyond reputestargazer1 has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: Ganz Changing Monthly Webkinz Plush Line-Up Further

View Post Originally Posted by stargazer1
The more I think about this, the more angry I get with Ganz. Way to go, guys. This idea is brilliant. And this is maybe what... the fifth time I've been angry with you?

You're making a BIG mistake.

Like as in: Webkinz is a piece of paper. Ganz is taking the paper and copying it. Then they edit the copies and name them Tail Towns and Amazing World. After making two new websites(which will probably be fails and not have half as many players as WW), they go and punch a couple holes through the original paper...removing some of the greatest wallpapers and cutest animals made.

As for the little kiddies enjoying WJ, they're going to be very upset once they find out there's no more cuddly animals to collect.

POTM was a great thing as well; the music videos/songs always entertained me. Taking it away is a shock- a ton of players try to go spend more money on the featured pets so they can get rares. Taking this great feature away is just taking your money away.


Way to go Ganz. Don't you know adults and teens use WW? There is CERTAINLY no need for new sites focused on them. I was excited for the release of Tail Towns, but not anymore; not after this. I'll be sure and tell all my friends to not visit these new sites, and make sure to never join them myself.

PS: And no offense, but I don't think many people care if they can't have extra trees in an indoor room with outdoor wallpaper.
Requoting. I hope my rant is helpful!

View Post Originally Posted by Evermore
I don't think Ganz should be spending so much time on other websites. This is what happens. And like the Endangered Pets, I enjoy the Small Signatures. They're cheaper and can be just as cute--or even more so--then the regular Signatures! But that is my opinion. I do not want to cause offense to anyone.

~~Evermore
With you all the way.

Last edited by stargazer1; 03-07-2011 at 05:16 PM..
stargazer1 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 05:16 PM   #135
Webkinz :)
 
BobbiesZoo's Avatar
BobbiesZoo is the bees knees!BobbiesZoo is the bees knees!BobbiesZoo is the bees knees!BobbiesZoo is the bees knees!BobbiesZoo is the bees knees!BobbiesZoo is the bees knees!

Default Re: Ganz Changing Monthly Webkinz Plush Line-Up Further

So, how will we get the rest of the POTM items?
BobbiesZoo is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 05:17 PM   #136
est of Weird.
Webkinz :)
 
stargazer1's Avatar
stargazer1 has a reputation beyond reputestargazer1 has a reputation beyond reputestargazer1 has a reputation beyond reputestargazer1 has a reputation beyond reputestargazer1 has a reputation beyond reputestargazer1 has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: Ganz Changing Monthly Webkinz Plush Line-Up Further

View Post Originally Posted by BobbiesZoo
So, how will we get the rest of the POTM items?
By trade. :/
stargazer1 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 05:18 PM   #137
ow! I'm a
Gift Guru
 
ohseven's Avatar
ohseven is the cats pajamas!ohseven is the cats pajamas!ohseven is the cats pajamas!ohseven is the cats pajamas!ohseven is the cats pajamas!ohseven is the cats pajamas!

WI Subscriber
Default Re: Ganz Changing Monthly Webkinz Plush Line-Up Further

View Post Originally Posted by poobears
The director stated why he didn't like the endangered wall paper because blurred the lines that they had established from the beginning. Outside items outside (trees etc) inside items inside, then the few items that could go to either.

The wallpaper made the inside look like the outside and I guess that was bad for some odd reason and it didnt' conform strict enough to the preset "rules". I would think they would stop the charm forest wallpaper and flooring too if that is the real reason because it is also an outside set that goes inside.

Here's his exact answer. No more outdoor wallpapers.

We don't put every item in every room type simply because those are our rules. We established those rules at the beginning of the site, and with the exception of a few cases, we've stuck to them. The rules are simple. Outdoor items, like trees and pools, go outdoor and treetop. Indoor items go indoor and underwater. Windows and indoor items with flames (like fireplaces and candles) go indoor only. Small, decorative items that don't hang on walls ("presentables," as we call them) generally go everywhere. That's it in a nutshell.
Over the past year I'll admit we blurred the line with our Endangered Species "environments". These wallpapers only work indoor, but look outdoor. So while you could put a television in these rooms, you couldn't add a tree. The eStore has released a number of these wallpapers as well. Looking back, these were a mistake. We won't be doing any more "outdoor wallpapers" in the future.
We do recognize that people want to have freedom designing their spaces, and we do take this into consideration when we choose how an item can be used, but for the foreseeable future we will continue using our placement rules.

I found this ridiculous back when I read it in the creative questions contest and I find it ridiculous now. He never answered the question of why items can't go anywhere, not really answered it. Just "these are the rules we made." Well, great, we KNEW that. WHY did you make those rules, and WHY do you feel the need to stifle creative decorating in such a way? THAT was the real question being asked, I feel, and it was certainly not answered.

I find it utterly ridiculous that they are using this cop-out on these gorgeous and popular wallpapers. They're bad because they blur the lines between inside and outside??? Really Ganz??? In an *imaginary, fantasy world* like WW??? How is this a bad thing?

Still disappointed in the loss of the beautiful endangered wallpapers and exclusives. Still totally unhappy with the explanation from Ganz. It's dishonest. It's ridiculous. If the reason for the discontinuing is that the Endangered Pets were not making a profit, then SAY THAT. Don't wrap it up in some baloney about the "horror" of blurring inside and outside in a fantasy world! How dumb do you think we are??

<end rant> whew, I guess I feel strongly about this!
ohseven is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 05:19 PM   #138
Gifted
 
lilduckey99's Avatar
lilduckey99 is cool as a bunny clownlilduckey99 is cool as a bunny clownlilduckey99 is cool as a bunny clownlilduckey99 is cool as a bunny clownlilduckey99 is cool as a bunny clownlilduckey99 is cool as a bunny clownlilduckey99 is cool as a bunny clownlilduckey99 is cool as a bunny clownlilduckey99 is cool as a bunny clown

Default Re: Ganz Changing Monthly Webkinz Plush Line-Up Further

View Post Originally Posted by ohseven
I found this ridiculous back when I read it in the creative questions contest and I find it ridiculous now. He never answered the question of why items can't go anywhere, not really answered it. Just "these are the rules we made." Well, great, we KNEW that. WHY did you make those rules, and WHY do you feel the need to stifle creative decorating in such a way? THAT was the real question being asked, I feel, and it was certainly not answered.

I find it utterly ridiculous that they are using this cop-out on these gorgeous and popular wallpapers. They're bad because they blur the lines between inside and outside??? Really Ganz??? In an *imaginary, fantasy world* like WW??? How is this a bad thing?

Still disappointed in the loss of the beautiful endangered wallpapers and exclusives. Still totally unhappy with the explanation from Ganz. It's dishonest. It's ridiculous. If the reason for the discontinuing is that the Endangered Pets were not making a profit, then SAY THAT. Don't wrap it up in some baloney about the "horror" of blurring inside and outside in a fantasy world! How dumb do you think we are??

<end rant> whew, I guess I feel strongly about this!
You just saved me from typing a lot, thank you

I agree with everything you said 100%.
lilduckey99 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 05:20 PM   #139
Banned
cheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoW
cheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoW

Default Re: Ganz Changing Monthly Webkinz Plush Line-Up Further

The two signature lines and webkinz jr. I will not miss but the pet of the month and caring valley i will surely miss because I set them on the shelf that moth like the are the ruler.
cheekyluver is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 05:21 PM   #140
est of Weird.
Webkinz :)
 
stargazer1's Avatar
stargazer1 has a reputation beyond reputestargazer1 has a reputation beyond reputestargazer1 has a reputation beyond reputestargazer1 has a reputation beyond reputestargazer1 has a reputation beyond reputestargazer1 has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: Ganz Changing Monthly Webkinz Plush Line-Up Further

View Post Originally Posted by ohseven
I found this ridiculous back when I read it in the creative questions contest and I find it ridiculous now. He never answered the question of why items can't go anywhere, not really answered it. Just "these are the rules we made." Well, great, we KNEW that. WHY did you make those rules, and WHY do you feel the need to stifle creative decorating in such a way? THAT was the real question being asked, I feel, and it was certainly not answered.

I find it utterly ridiculous that they are using this cop-out on these gorgeous and popular wallpapers. They're bad because they blur the lines between inside and outside??? Really Ganz??? In an *imaginary, fantasy world* like WW??? How is this a bad thing?

Still disappointed in the loss of the beautiful endangered wallpapers and exclusives. Still totally unhappy with the explanation from Ganz. It's dishonest. It's ridiculous. If the reason for the discontinuing is that the Endangered Pets were not making a profit, then SAY THAT. Don't wrap it up in some baloney about the "horror" of blurring inside and outside in a fantasy world! How dumb do you think we are??

<end rant> whew, I guess I feel strongly about this!
This is the greatest rant ever! XD
stargazer1 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
000000005 was here!, crafter4christ, don't do it ganz!, ducki, ganz are weirdies, ganz ist zehr schlecht, good bye!, james is mangarine, kevinelevin was here!, no ganz no!!!, no more small signatures, no more webkinz jr pets, stargazer1 was here, t.r., terrible choice ganz!, thanks for keeping potm, way to go ganz, what is left?, ••••••••shatner•

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:06 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright © 2007-2013 Kopi Enterprises, LLC
WebkinzInsider.Com is not an official site of, sponsored by, nor affiliated with Ganz, Inc, Webkinz, Lil'Kinz, or Kinzville Newz and all character names, logos, and images are trademarks owned by Ganz, Inc.
no new posts