Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 2.67 average. Display Modes
Old 03-07-2011, 04:59 PM   #121
Gifted

lilduckey99 is cool as a bunny clownlilduckey99 is cool as a bunny clownlilduckey99 is cool as a bunny clownlilduckey99 is cool as a bunny clownlilduckey99 is cool as a bunny clownlilduckey99 is cool as a bunny clownlilduckey99 is cool as a bunny clownlilduckey99 is cool as a bunny clownlilduckey99 is cool as a bunny clown

Default Re: Ganz Changing Monthly Webkinz Plush Line-Up Further

View Post Originally Posted by megan100160
I'm afraid that they're going to start babying WW down to the level of WJ. This really aggravates me, for I have neither the time nor the desire to invest money in another site. Unless it's something out of this world amazing, I will not be laying a finger on Amazing World or Tail Towns... oi.

No more signature endangered pets?!? I loved those! No more small signature pets?!? They were so much more affordable than the other signatures! No more POTM?!? That barely even costs them any extra!!! They just release a pet they've already made!!!!!

This is just fan-tastic. They're compromising the quality of WW in order to make $$$ on their two new sites. I'm not impressed.
I agree with everything you just said xD That's going to be really sad if Webkinz becomes WJ and Webkinz goes into ruins so the can focus on other sites They should know a lot of adults and older kids get on Webkinz.

I think this is a sad mistake. The Sig. Endangered were in my honest opinion the best, cutest signatures there were. The just looked so realistic, the plush and virtual image. And the PSIs were the best. My favorite PSI of all time is my Red Wolf's PSI.

I also adored the POTM videos and songs *shows playlist on ipod* I'm sure they could continue with it, all it is is re-releasing older pets.

Who knows, it could back fire and they could start it all up again. But overall, I find this a big mistake
lilduckey99 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2011, 05:01 PM   #122
cometz43
Webkinz :)

its not rice is an unknown quantity at this point

View Post Originally Posted by lilduckey99
I agree with everything you just said xD That's going to be really sad if Webkinz becomes WJ and Webkinz goes into ruins so the can focus on other sites They should know a lot of adults and older kids get on Webkinz.

I think this is a sad mistake. The Sig. Endangered were in my honest opinion the best, cutest signatures there were. The just looked so realistic, the plush and virtual image. And the PSIs were the best. My favorite PSI of all time is my Red Wolf's PSI.

I also adored the POTM videos and songs *shows playlist on ipod* I'm sure they could continue with it, all it is is re-releasing older pets.

Who knows, it could back fire and they could start it all up again. But overall, I find this a big mistake

I agree with you to!
its not rice is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 05:01 PM   #123
Gifted

lilduckey99 is cool as a bunny clownlilduckey99 is cool as a bunny clownlilduckey99 is cool as a bunny clownlilduckey99 is cool as a bunny clownlilduckey99 is cool as a bunny clownlilduckey99 is cool as a bunny clownlilduckey99 is cool as a bunny clownlilduckey99 is cool as a bunny clownlilduckey99 is cool as a bunny clown

View Post Originally Posted by lilduckey99

I find it silly what the creative director said about the outdoor looking wallpapers. If that's the reason behind this, Ganz may lose a customer.

Old 03-07-2011, 05:02 PM   #124
cometz43

its not rice is an unknown quantity at this point

Angry Re: Ganz Changing Monthly Webkinz Plush Line-Up Further

JUST STICK WITH ONE SITE GANZ!
its not rice is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 05:03 PM   #125
Gifted

That was really strange, how'd I quote myself

I meant to add I find it silly what the Creative Director said. If the outdoor looking wallpapers are the reason, I'm not going to be very happy.
Old 03-07-2011, 05:06 PM   #126
oooow

Lanawas is a saintly comradeLanawas is a saintly comradeLanawas is a saintly comradeLanawas is a saintly comrade
Lanawas is a saintly comradeLanawas is a saintly comradeLanawas is a saintly comrade

Aww I like the endangered pets and signatures, even though I never got to buy any
I really hope they don't do drastic measures to WW I want webkinz world the way it is now, and would like to see a few changes that concern everyone- such as freezing, glitches, etc..
Not the entire site to take to the extremes...but lets hope its for the best
Lanawas is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 05:06 PM   #127
est of Weird.

stargazer1 has a reputation beyond reputestargazer1 has a reputation beyond reputestargazer1 has a reputation beyond reputestargazer1 has a reputation beyond reputestargazer1 has a reputation beyond reputestargazer1 has a reputation beyond repute

The more I think about this, the more angry I get with Ganz. Way to go, guys. This idea is brilliant. And this is maybe what... the fifth time I've been angry with you?

You're making a BIG mistake.

Like as in: Webkinz is a piece of paper. Ganz is taking the paper and copying it. Then they edit the copies and name them Tail Towns and Amazing World. After making two new websites(which will probably be fails and not have half as many players as WW), they go and punch a couple holes through the original paper...removing some of the greatest wallpapers and cutest animals made.

As for the little kiddies enjoying WJ, they're going to be very upset once they find out there's no more cuddly animals to collect.

POTM was a great thing as well; the music videos/songs always entertained me. Taking it away is a shock- a ton of players try to go spend more money on the featured pets so they can get rares. Taking this great feature away is just taking your money away.

Way to go Ganz. Don't you know adults and teens use WW? There is CERTAINLY no need for new sites focused on them. I was excited for the release of Tail Towns, but not anymore; not after this. I'll be sure and tell all my friends to not visit these new sites, and make sure to never join them myself.

PS: And no offense, but I don't think many people care if they can't have extra trees in an indoor room with outdoor wallpaper.
stargazer1 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 05:07 PM   #128
. Fun In The Sun! .
Gifted

MyPersian is the cats pajamas!MyPersian is the cats pajamas!MyPersian is the cats pajamas!MyPersian is the cats pajamas!MyPersian is the cats pajamas!MyPersian is the cats pajamas!

Hmmm. The implications of all these changes are a little alarming. What exactly is the future of Webkinz World. Are they going to try to "baby" Webkinz down to try to force teens and adults into their new sites? Well I am going to put a hold on any further investments into Webkinz World until I see where this is all going. And I certainly have NO interest in the new sites. I got addicted to Webbies quite by accident through my kids and have no intention of getting myself attached to any other virtual money-waster.
MyPersian is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 05:07 PM   #129

jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!

I'm not surprised at any of these changes:

1. POTM, well, just about everyone had the animals to begin with, so there was no reason to buy another one. So, no need to get creative with POTM goodie bags.

2. Webkinz Jr. They only did two lines of the pets (12 total) and it took - at least here, nearly a full year to sell only 6 of them. If there's no interest, then they need to be pulled.

The Small signature decision is disappointing though - some of us, such as myself, that's the only way we can purchase a signature at a time. For me, $25 for a plush or materials to make 10 or more jewelry projects to sell I'm going to go to the craft shop. I am however, more willing to spend $15 for a smaller signature, given they're a $1 more than the regular ones.

And only six/month (5 regulars and one signature) has been LONG overdue. It's why they're making such drastic changes right now - people aren't buying as many now.

I'm a lucky one, we have several small siggies here, but that won't be long to happen. Hopefully this doesn't mean the end of , just a realization they were growing too quickly and hopefully for them stopping before it was too late.

(BTW - Ganz, since you're removing the POTM program, please put those exclusives in the Wish Factory or Curio shop - there are several I'd like).
jadewarlock is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 05:08 PM   #130
Bunniez luv karrits

karrit defies all odds
karrit defies all oddskarrit defies all oddskarrit defies all oddskarrit defies all oddskarrit defies all oddskarrit defies all oddskarrit defies all oddskarrit defies all oddskarrit defies all oddskarrit defies all oddskarrit defies all oddskarrit defies all oddskarrit defies all oddskarrit defies all odds

I've been reading everyone's comments about the latest announcements & I admit I have mixed emotions about many of these decisions myself. But I find that I'm not really too upset over any of them.

Discontinuing of the Endangered line isn't unexpected. I liked some of the pets they released but I only bought the ones I really liked. They released as the first Signature pet the Panda which really should have been part of the endangered series even though they didn't introduce the endangered line for another year. I don't think it was ever going to become a profitable line for them.

The Small Signature pets were introduced to try to placate those who said the Signature pets cost too much. Personally I found it very baffling to see which pets were released as full size & which got released as small. They released the Yorkie as a full size Signature & then a few months later a small Golden Retriever when they already had a full size Golden & a regular Webkinz pet. I thought the Yorkie would have fit better with the Small signatures since in real life it is a smaller dog.

The POTM was always a strange thing to me. Even in the early days it seemed like an obvious ploy to sell overstock of old pets by adding the POTM designation to them. Then they started repeating with the Caring Valley Pet of the Month. How many of the same pet did they really expect everyone to buy & add to their accounts? I adopted my Polar bear back when it originally was the POTM. It was a poor decision on Ganz part to repeat several of the pets as POTM and also at Caring Valley Pets. I believe they only had one or two of the Lil Kinz as POTM & then they started the whole Webkinz Cares Program through Walgreens with the Lil Kinz Pets that didn't appear to be selling. My feelings on the POTM are that whether you had the Lil Kinz, Regular Webkinz or a Signature if the Golden Retriever or Polar Bear was POTM you should have been able to participate in the POTM activities and I also thought if you already had the pet on your account you should have been awarded a POTM Loot bag without having to adopt another one. The fact that you didn't made me more unwilling to buy a specially designated pet. I've got a whole backlog of pets tht I've never adopted because invariably some of them would end up becoming POTM's so I wanted to be able to get the loot bags if & when that ever happened. I do have a Caramel Lion & a Gray Owl waiting that I will adopt in April & May but now at least I can maybe start adopting some of the others I've got stashed away.

If they continue to offer us some nice games, contest or whatever like the Peek-a-News & the "floaty, clicky" things where we win some exclusive prizes in place of things like the POTM I think that is a move for the better that doesn't require us to pay out more $$ just to get something.

To me the loss of the Webkinz Cares/Caring Valley pets since they were just re-tagged older pets may be a good move. As I've already said, how many of the same pets are any of us really going to buy & add to our accounts just because they put a different tag on them? I would much rather just have given a donation of say $5 to any charity and get a special code without buying yet another of a repeat pet. I think that if they move in a different direction such as creating something new & special instead to raise money for charities going forward they might entice more people to buy the charity type pets.
karrit is offline Female Reply With Quote

Tags
000000005 was here!, crafter4christ, don't do it ganz!, ducki, ganz are weirdies, ganz ist zehr schlecht, good bye!, james is mangarine, kevinelevin was here!, no ganz no!!!, no more small signatures, no more webkinz jr pets, stargazer1 was here, t.r., terrible choice ganz!, thanks for keeping potm, way to go ganz, what is left?, ••••••••shatner•

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: