Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 2.67 average. Display Modes
Old 03-07-2011, 02:12 PM   #1
rleong

Justin has disabled reputation

Default Ganz Changing Monthly Webkinz Plush Line-Up Further *UPDATED*

A new front page story has been added:

Ganz Changing Monthly Webkinz Plush Line-Up Further *UPDATED*

Click the image to open in full size.As you may have read earlier, the Webkinz Endangered Signature Red Panda will be the last Signature Endangered Webkinz that Ganz produces. Thanks to Robert at our partner store, Ameriwade, we can also inform you that Ganz is halting production on the Webkinz Small Signature line, the Pet of the Month program, and Webkinz Jr. pets. There's no word on what will happen to those with current Webkinz Jr. accounts, but we will assume that those accounts will continue to work.

All of this reorganization of the Webkinz product line is due to Ganz's re-focusing of age groups to support 3 concurrent virtual worlds -- Webkinz World, Tail Towns and Amazing World. Webkinz World will maintain its target as a site for younger children (and adults like us! :P), Amazing World is being targeted for teens, and Tail Towns is marketed toward adults.

We're not sure about the future of Caring Valley pets, but this program may be ending soon, as well. Based on what Robert's told us, we'll see 4-5 regular Webkinz releases and 1 Webkinz Signature piece each month. If there are any Signature Endangered Webkinz or Small Signatures that you want to buy before they're gone, buy Webkinz at Ameriwade, our partner store!

UPDATE: We've heard an official statement from Ganz. Ganz is ending the Small Signature and Signature Endangered Webkinz, as previously reported -- they felt that 3 signatures per month was just too many. There are currently no plans to end the POTM or Caring Valley programs. Finally, Webkinz Jr. will continue to be supported by Ganz, though no new pets are being produced at this time.
Justin is offline Male Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2011, 02:16 PM   #2
Gifted

Cheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fish
Cheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fish

Default Re: Ganz Changing Monthly Webkinz Plush Line-Up Further

Oh that stinks, I liked the POTM and Small Signature line up of webkinz. I hope they bring them back soon
Thanks for letting us know Justin!
Cheesy1 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 02:17 PM   #3
rleong

Justin has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by Cheesy1
Oh that stinks, I liked the POTM and Small Signature line up of webkinz. I hope they bring them back soon
Thanks for letting us know Justin!
You're welcome, but since they're re-focusing, they won't be bringing them back. Maybe another line, but it's highly unlikely we'll see these again. Sorry!
Justin is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 02:17 PM   #4
Webkinz :)

Evermore knows the way
Evermore knows the wayEvermore knows the way

I don't think Ganz should be spending so much time on other websites. This is what happens. And like the Endangered Pets, I enjoy the Small Signatures. They're cheaper and can be just as cute--or even more so--then the regular Signatures! But that is my opinion. I do not want to cause offense to anyone.

~~Evermore
Evermore is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 02:19 PM   #5
icked Webbies
Gift Guru

dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!
dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!

Well, I will hold out hope that they will continue to maintain WW (the MAIN website that started it all) in the same standards, or higher standards while they are introducing these other websites.

I don't see myself getting immersed in the other sites, but I plan on staying in WW for a long long time!

I always did think that caterpillar was suspicious! Looks like he's gone and broken the POTM
Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by dragonbird; 03-07-2011 at 03:02 PM..
dragonbird is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 02:19 PM   #6
Wacky Holidays!

SnowCrystal is stuck on replay
SnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replay

WOW!!! No pet of the month either??? (Their eStore sales may also go down because of this--I liked the eStore POTM items.) I thought Ganz said that these new ventures weren't going to take anything away from WW. I guess (in my opinion) that is just not the case.
SnowCrystal is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 02:20 PM   #7

kingkkaleb is just really nicekingkkaleb is just really nice

Oh no, this is terrible! I really did love the signature endangered pets. The value of the items will soar though.
kingkkaleb is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 02:21 PM   #8
mimiemmy

Minku has a brilliant futureMinku has a brilliant futureMinku has a brilliant futureMinku has a brilliant futureMinku has a brilliant future

Whoa whoa whoa!
No more POTMs? :O
No more small signatures
No more siggy endangers?
Le gasp!
I am so getting the next (and current) POTM.
This is madness!
Minku is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 02:22 PM   #9
SmilesRContagious
Wiki SysOp

canonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicness
canonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicness

Thank you for the update Justin!
canonymous is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 02:23 PM   #10
Gift Guru

Mynoey is sweet stuff
Mynoey is sweet stuffMynoey is sweet stuffMynoey is sweet stuffMynoey is sweet stuffMynoey is sweet stuffMynoey is sweet stuff

Discontinuing the Endangereds makes me sad. I love everything about them and I think some of those are the most beautiful plushies Ganz has made.

I can't see any reason for ending the POTM, especially since having virtual POTM pets available at the estore makes finding POTMs so much easier.

I feel bad for the little ones who play Webkinz Jr. They're going to be so disappointed by not being able to get any new plushies!
Mynoey is offline Female Reply With Quote

Tags
000000005 was here!, crafter4christ, don't do it ganz!, ducki, ganz are weirdies, ganz ist zehr schlecht, good bye!, james is mangarine, kevinelevin was here!, no ganz no!!!, no more small signatures, no more webkinz jr pets, stargazer1 was here, t.r., terrible choice ganz!, thanks for keeping potm, way to go ganz, what is left?, ••••••••shatner•

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: