Webkinz Insider Forum

Webkinz Insider Forum (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/)
-   WI News & Announcements (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/wi-news-announcements-146/)
-   -   Ganz Changing Monthly Webkinz Plush Line-Up Further *UPDATED* (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/wi-news-announcements-146/ganz-changing-monthly-webkinz-plush-line-684851/)

Justin03-07-2011 02:12 PM

Ganz Changing Monthly Webkinz Plush Line-Up Further *UPDATED*

A new front page story has been added:

Ganz Changing Monthly Webkinz Plush Line-Up Further *UPDATED*

http://www.webkinzinsider.com/files/...ebkinzLogo.pngAs you may have read earlier, the Webkinz Endangered Signature Red Panda will be the last Signature Endangered Webkinz that Ganz produces. Thanks to Robert at our partner store, Ameriwade, we can also inform you that Ganz is halting production on the Webkinz Small Signature line, the Pet of the Month program, and Webkinz Jr. pets. There's no word on what will happen to those with current Webkinz Jr. accounts, but we will assume that those accounts will continue to work.

All of this reorganization of the Webkinz product line is due to Ganz's re-focusing of age groups to support 3 concurrent virtual worlds -- Webkinz World, Tail Towns and Amazing World. Webkinz World will maintain its target as a site for younger children (and adults like us! :P), Amazing World is being targeted for teens, and Tail Towns is marketed toward adults.

We're not sure about the future of Caring Valley pets, but this program may be ending soon, as well. Based on what Robert's told us, we'll see 4-5 regular Webkinz releases and 1 Webkinz Signature piece each month. If there are any Signature Endangered Webkinz or Small Signatures that you want to buy before they're gone, buy Webkinz at Ameriwade, our partner store!

UPDATE: We've heard an official statement from Ganz. Ganz is ending the Small Signature and Signature Endangered Webkinz, as previously reported -- they felt that 3 signatures per month was just too many. There are currently no plans to end the POTM or Caring Valley programs. Finally, Webkinz Jr. will continue to be supported by Ganz, though no new pets are being produced at this time.

Cheesy103-07-2011 02:16 PM

Re: Ganz Changing Monthly Webkinz Plush Line-Up Further

Oh that stinks, I liked the POTM and Small Signature line up of webkinz. I hope they bring them back soon ;)
Thanks for letting us know Justin!

Justin03-07-2011 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cheesy1 (Post 22515368)
Oh that stinks, I liked the POTM and Small Signature line up of webkinz. I hope they bring them back soon ;)
Thanks for letting us know Justin!

You're welcome, but since they're re-focusing, they won't be bringing them back. Maybe another line, but it's highly unlikely we'll see these again. Sorry!

Evermore03-07-2011 02:17 PM

I don't think Ganz should be spending so much time on other websites. This is what happens. And like the Endangered Pets, I enjoy the Small Signatures. They're cheaper and can be just as cute--or even more so--then the regular Signatures! But that is my opinion. I do not want to cause offense to anyone.:)

~~Evermore:icefawn:

dragonbird03-07-2011 02:19 PM

Well, I will hold out hope that they will continue to maintain WW (the MAIN website that started it all) in the same standards, or higher standards while they are introducing these other websites.

I don't see myself getting immersed in the other sites, but I plan on staying in WW for a long long time! :)

I always did think that caterpillar was suspicious! Looks like he's gone and broken the POTM :P
http://i55.tinypic.com/2ro53is.jpg

SnowCrystal03-07-2011 02:19 PM

WOW!!! No pet of the month either??? (Their eStore sales may also go down because of this--I liked the eStore POTM items.) I thought Ganz said that these new ventures weren't going to take anything away from WW. I guess (in my opinion) that is just not the case.

kingkkaleb03-07-2011 02:20 PM

Oh no, this is terrible! I really did love the signature endangered pets. The value of the items will soar though.

Minku03-07-2011 02:21 PM

Whoa whoa whoa!
No more POTMs? :O
No more small signatures
No more siggy endangers?
Le gasp!
I am so getting the next (and current) POTM.
This is madness!

canonymous03-07-2011 02:22 PM

Thank you for the update Justin!

Mynoey03-07-2011 02:23 PM

Discontinuing the Endangereds makes me sad. I love everything about them and I think some of those are the most beautiful plushies Ganz has made.

I can't see any reason for ending the POTM, especially since having virtual POTM pets available at the estore makes finding POTMs so much easier.

I feel bad for the little ones who play Webkinz Jr. They're going to be so disappointed by not being able to get any new plushies!