Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-19-2010, 09:36 AM   #51
Webkinz :)

Star Child wows us all with wonderStar Child wows us all with wonderStar Child wows us all with wonderStar Child wows us all with wonderStar Child wows us all with wonderStar Child wows us all with wonderStar Child wows us all with wonderStar Child wows us all with wonderStar Child wows us all with wonderStar Child wows us all with wonder

Default Re: Ganz Changes Trash Recycling Programming Again

View Post Originally Posted by Darlabell
I still think everyone, including Ganz is loosing site of the fact that this is SUPPOSE to be a site for children! My granddaughters are so frustrated with this that they don't even want to TRY and that's sad, because it should be teaching them about recycling....not garbage snatching!!!

That is just what I keep thinking!!! I know that there are many adults who love playing on Webkinz. I'm one of them, but...like Darlabell said, this is SUPPOSE to be a site for children! Ganz keeps making Webkinz World a place where games are too hard to play in order to win a prize, items costs way too much KC, the best items to buy are in the eStore (where kids can't go unless their parents buy a membership to it), and there are too many glitches on a daily basis. I also agree with Darabell about the "garbage snatching". That is not teaching our children anything but how to take from others in order to "win". Ganz needs to rethink this.

Star Child
Star Child is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-19-2010, 09:42 AM   #52

Pinky Sue has a spectacular aura about

Today is the first time I have ever spotted any trash. I just got 8 pieces in a 35 minutes. I just went around to different parks looking in Kid Chat Plus. I was seeking parks with no people. Sometimes there wasn't anything, sometimes one thing and once three things. I was almost the only one in every park. I decided to come look here for tips how this works since I wanted to hit 10 to see if anything happened. I've wondered what that trash looked like, now I know.
Happy Hunting.
Pinky Sue is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 09:51 AM   #53
eldon2

quellie has a reputation beyond reputequellie has a reputation beyond reputequellie has a reputation beyond reputequellie has a reputation beyond reputequellie has a reputation beyond repute

View Post Originally Posted by Pinky Sue
Today is the first time I have ever spotted any trash. I just got 8 pieces in a 35 minutes. I just went around to different parks looking in Kid Chat Plus. I was seeking parks with no people. Sometimes there wasn't anything, sometimes one thing and once three things. I was almost the only one in every park. I decided to come look here for tips how this works since I wanted to hit 10 to see if anything happened. I've wondered what that trash looked like, now I know.
Happy Hunting.
Switched rooms starting with park #1. No trash anywhere.
Glad that it's working for you.
I'm probably the only one who enjoyed going to a room yesterday and being the only one to see litter and pick it up without any other pets.
quellie is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 09:53 AM   #54
Gifted

Lela2241 rules the roostLela2241 rules the roostLela2241 rules the roostLela2241 rules the roostLela2241 rules the roostLela2241 rules the roostLela2241 rules the roostLela2241 rules the roostLela2241 rules the roostLela2241 rules the roostLela2241 rules the roostLela2241 rules the roostLela2241 rules the roost

View Post Originally Posted by Star Child
That is just what I keep thinking!!! I know that there are many adults who love playing on Webkinz. I'm one of them, but...like Darlabell said, this is SUPPOSE to be a site for children! Ganz keeps making Webkinz World a place where games are too hard to play in order to win a prize, items costs way too much KC, the best items to buy are in the eStore (where kids can't go unless their parents buy a membership to it), and there are too many glitches on a daily basis. I also agree with Darabell about the "garbage snatching". That is not teaching our children anything but how to take from others in order to "win". Ganz needs to rethink this.

Star Child
I totally agree. This is a site for kids (and I must say I would still consider myself one, I'm not that old.) but when they keep changing the programing it just gets more and more confusing. I guess that may be why they created Webkinz Jr... Ganz really needs to get their act together. Every time they add a new feature, there is some glitch with it, and they have to change it, which makes it a lot more confusing for the members. The Estore is another example of this type of thing. If this is a kids site (and I think it used to say ages 8 and under or something?) then why do they sell virtual thinga for real money? Please, how many kids under 8 years old have a ton of money to spend? It seems to me that Webkinz woud help teach kids how to save their money, but now that idea has totally gone down the drain. People are waisting REAL MONEY on VIRTUAL ITEMS. They don't get anything real. And when their account expires, all the money they spent on Estore items will be wasted. Ok, I think I've ranted enough about the Estore, let me go back to the park topic. I personally don't really care which way they have it, but they need to pick a way and stick with it. It really does teach "garbage snatching." It should be just a fun game thing to teach kids tht recycling can be fun and good for the environment. (And you get a prize if you do it a lot!) But everyone is stampeding each other for each and every piece of trash. No manners, no "may I please hae that piece?" or anything. Just the same pattern, see garbage, attack garbage. It's getting people way to worked up. Now they just need to come up with a way to make it a little less of a contest. But when they do, they really need to post the change in the webkinz newzpaper or something. Otherwise people will be way to confused. OK, I'm done ranting...for now.
Lela2241 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 09:57 AM   #55
uvz my bunny <3
Gifted
LavenderDance is a splendid one to beholdLavenderDance is a splendid one to beholdLavenderDance is a splendid one to beholdLavenderDance is a splendid one to behold

THANK YOU! I can get trash again! I still don't get much, but atleast som.
LavenderDance is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 09:58 AM   #56
eldon2

quellie has a reputation beyond reputequellie has a reputation beyond reputequellie has a reputation beyond reputequellie has a reputation beyond reputequellie has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with Lela. Kids don't need the frustration.
They are losing interest and going to other sites. Picking up litter is good idea, but........
Old 02-19-2010, 10:00 AM   #57
Gifted

Lela2241 rules the roostLela2241 rules the roostLela2241 rules the roostLela2241 rules the roostLela2241 rules the roostLela2241 rules the roostLela2241 rules the roostLela2241 rules the roostLela2241 rules the roostLela2241 rules the roostLela2241 rules the roostLela2241 rules the roostLela2241 rules the roost

OMG now I can't even get into the park. I can click on it, and then it directs me to the page where it has the option between kinzchat and kinzchat plus, but the options don't show up. Grrr, I want to collect some trash!
Lela2241 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 10:02 AM   #58
eldon2

Enough of the park for me today.
Old 02-19-2010, 10:47 AM   #59
ohiomommyquilter

mamaquilts has much to be proud ofmamaquilts has much to be proud ofmamaquilts has much to be proud ofmamaquilts has much to be proud ofmamaquilts has much to be proud of

View Post Originally Posted by Darlabell
I still think everyone, including Ganz is loosing site of the fact that this is SUPPOSE to be a site for children! My granddaughters are so frustrated with this that they don't even want to TRY and that's sad, because it should be teaching them about recycling....not garbage snatching!!!
Yes this is a site for children. Even with that said, I'm frustrated too with picking up garbage in the parks. I averge about 2 pieces per cycle and that's a high estamite.

This morning at around 7 am, was the best I've ever done. In 6 minutes I picked up 20 pieces of garbage and than it switched back to the old way. Yesterday, I spent about 40 minutes in and out of rooms and never got one piece.

This is a trial and error for Ganz too. Personally I think they should make is cycle in a non pattern style with trash showing up at different times through out the day.
mamaquilts is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 10:56 AM   #60
eldon2

View Post Originally Posted by mamaquilts
Yes this is a site for children. Even with that said, I'm frustrated too with picking up garbage in the parks. I averge about 2 pieces per cycle and that's a high estamite.

This morning at around 7 am, was the best I've ever done. In 6 minutes I picked up 20 pieces of garbage and than it switched back to the old way. Yesterday, I spent about 40 minutes in and out of rooms and never got one piece.

This is a trial and error for Ganz too. Personally I think they should make is cycle in a non pattern style with trash showing up at different times through out the day.
I agree that it should be very random. People just go to the park now and lurk waiting for trash. It was meant to be a social/meeting/fun place.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: