Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-14-2011, 07:36 AM   #81
Webkinz :)

Beautykinz is #1 to the fourth.Beautykinz is #1 to the fourth.Beautykinz is #1 to the fourth.Beautykinz is #1 to the fourth.
Beautykinz is #1 to the fourth.Beautykinz is #1 to the fourth.Beautykinz is #1 to the fourth.Beautykinz is #1 to the fourth.Beautykinz is #1 to the fourth.Beautykinz is #1 to the fourth.Beautykinz is #1 to the fourth.Beautykinz is #1 to the fourth.

Default Re: Ganz Blocks Certain Advertisements Based on Player Age

I'll have to check this out on my kids' accounts. I don't recall inappropriate ads in WW, but I know there has been on webkinz Newz and there's no way of turning them off. (I.E. Paris Hilton's new show and a trailer for Super 8" ), so not sure what effect there will be. I just know that I do all the WKN stuff for my kids because I won't let them go on it.
Beautykinz is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-14-2011, 07:43 AM   #82

Jesussavedme has lots of talentJesussavedme has lots of talentJesussavedme has lots of talentJesussavedme has lots of talentJesussavedme has lots of talentJesussavedme has lots of talentJesussavedme has lots of talentJesussavedme has lots of talentJesussavedme has lots of talentJesussavedme has lots of talentJesussavedme has lots of talentJesussavedme has lots of talentJesussavedme has lots of talentJesussavedme has lots of talent

I am glad they made this change. When I called to complain to Ganz a couple of weeks ago EDIT Ganz flat out lied and told me oh, they have nothing to do with the ads on the sides. Then the woman said, oh that is a virus on your computer, and came up with 3 different stories! I said that certain things such as this were not appropriate for my kids.

Last edited by Dixiecup; 06-14-2011 at 08:15 AM.. Reason: please do not use periods or spaces to circumvent the censors
Jesussavedme is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 07:48 AM   #83

PandaPanda flows towards the sea of knowledgePandaPanda flows towards the sea of knowledgePandaPanda flows towards the sea of knowledgePandaPanda flows towards the sea of knowledgePandaPanda flows towards the sea of knowledgePandaPanda flows towards the sea of knowledgePandaPanda flows towards the sea of knowledgePandaPanda flows towards the sea of knowledge

That is a neat idea!
PandaPanda is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 08:18 AM   #84
Pokemon time!

lazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicness
lazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicness

Thank you Ganz.
lazygal is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 08:22 AM   #85
ccgramma is just really niceccgramma is just really nice

I believe Ganz should only select ads appropriate for all ages. G-rated!
ccgramma is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 08:37 AM   #86
yournotme
Gift Guru

yournotme is a WI addict!
yournotme is a WI addict!yournotme is a WI addict!yournotme is a WI addict!yournotme is a WI addict!yournotme is a WI addict!yournotme is a WI addict!yournotme is a WI addict!yournotme is a WI addict!

Donation Award 

This is awesome news - THANK YOU GANZ FOR FINALLY LISTENING TO YOUR PAYING CUSTOMERS!!!

I am so sick of seeing the ads I just wish they thought I was four years old.

I see no reason why my preschooler needs to see verizon ads or ads for high heels, my older son has practically abandoned his account because he hates the ads. It's not just google that has a cookie on my computer Ganz does too I guess to follow us around. After I clear my history and cache and go to Ganz or even here I get a warning that the sites want to open something in my computer. I didn't mind their ads reminding me to go outdoors, read a book, turn off the lights and brush my teeth but I can barely stand the constant bombardment of outside junk they try to shove down my and my kids throats.
yournotme is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 08:40 AM   #87
Lil Kinz
Ginjadore is on a distinguished road

Thanks Ganz I'm really glad I dont have to look at any more underwear ads
now just get rid of the offensive ads and we'll be all set. That ad is creepie and inappropriate for children!!!

Last edited by Dixiecup; 06-14-2011 at 10:34 AM.. Reason: cleaning it up
Ginjadore is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 10:10 AM   #88
Lead me to the cross

coolbigsis is sweet stuff
coolbigsis is sweet stuffcoolbigsis is sweet stuffcoolbigsis is sweet stuffcoolbigsis is sweet stuffcoolbigsis is sweet stuffcoolbigsis is sweet stuffcoolbigsis is sweet stuff

Cool!
coolbigsis is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 10:34 AM   #89

Centex Homes 1 swims in greatness
Centex Homes 1 swims in greatnessCentex Homes 1 swims in greatnessCentex Homes 1 swims in greatness

PBS Kids? No-way. I'm older then THAT. Thanks for this, it makes ad life easier!

View Post Originally Posted by Centex Homes 1
PBS Kids? No-way. I'm older then THAT. Thanks for this, it makes ad life easier!
Ok, i see some game card ads, it looks like it's targeted for 7 year olds. Not even close, GANZ. I'll post here when they figure out the appropiate ads for my viewing.

View Post Originally Posted by Ginjadore
Thanks Ganz I'm really glad I dont have to look at any more underwear ads
now just get rid of the offensive ads and we'll be all set. That ad is creepie and inappropriate for children!!!
Good thing i don't see that! I get State Farm ads and that is just as bad!!

Last edited by Centex Homes 1; 06-14-2011 at 10:32 AM..
Centex Homes 1 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 10:36 AM   #90
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

Centex, this does not mean that they will be posting ads geared to your age range, this means that they won't be posting ads that are offensive when your age range is indicated.
Dixiecup is offline Female Reply With Quote

Tags
soa

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: