Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-13-2011, 08:59 PM   #71
Diabetes Awareness
Gift Guru

rmwtew is a splendid one to beholdrmwtew is a splendid one to beholdrmwtew is a splendid one to beholdrmwtew is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: Ganz Blocks Certain Advertisements Based on Player Age

Thank you, Ganz, for recognizing the problem.
rmwtew is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-2011, 09:04 PM   #72
Meme Queen
Webkinz :)

sabrinafan1 is a golden guidesabrinafan1 is a golden guidesabrinafan1 is a golden guidesabrinafan1 is a golden guidesabrinafan1 is a golden guidesabrinafan1 is a golden guidesabrinafan1 is a golden guidesabrinafan1 is a golden guidesabrinafan1 is a golden guidesabrinafan1 is a golden guidesabrinafan1 is a golden guidesabrinafan1 is a golden guidesabrinafan1 is a golden guide

Thanks Dixiecup for this update.

Like many people said, if they block it, why is it there period?

I personally haven't seen any bad ads. I still don't understand why Ganz put those ads there. Or how they came up with that bright idea . . .
sabrinafan1 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 09:24 PM   #73

Koodo rules the roostKoodo rules the roostKoodo rules the roostKoodo rules the roostKoodo rules the roostKoodo rules the roostKoodo rules the roostKoodo rules the roostKoodo rules the roostKoodo rules the roostKoodo rules the roostKoodo rules the roost

What ads on WW were 'bad' for kids in the first place? I don't see any really bad ones. I wish they would just take away all ads good or bad because they take too long to load.
Koodo is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 09:40 PM   #74
Make your own LUCK
Gift Guru

funkyc63 invented the repfunkyc63 invented the repfunkyc63 invented the repfunkyc63 invented the rep
funkyc63 invented the repfunkyc63 invented the repfunkyc63 invented the repfunkyc63 invented the repfunkyc63 invented the repfunkyc63 invented the rep

I wonder if there will be a way to get the ones I consider too young for me turned off. LOL

Glad to see they are protecting the little ones.
funkyc63 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 09:42 PM   #75
mycatsnores
Banned
Sleeping Awake has lots of talentSleeping Awake has lots of talentSleeping Awake has lots of talentSleeping Awake has lots of talentSleeping Awake has lots of talentSleeping Awake has lots of talentSleeping Awake has lots of talentSleeping Awake has lots of talentSleeping Awake has lots of talentSleeping Awake has lots of talentSleeping Awake has lots of talentSleeping Awake has lots of talentSleeping Awake has lots of talentSleeping Awake has lots of talentSleeping Awake has lots of talent

I hope this is OK to put here! Someone asked how/why it seems they get ads that pertained to places they'd browsed. How do "They" know you were earlier looking at coupons and then all of a sudden you start seeing ads for coupon sites?

You can thank Google for this. Many people use Google as their search engine, and many ad companies (dozens of them!) use Google's resouces to target ads. Google has what is called a "Google Persistant Cookie" that they put on your computer, and it's tough to remove it! Sneaky! This is the built-in "bug" that tracks where you surf and even can take info off your email so they can find keywords of your interests.

If you want to get rid of this cookie and "opt out" of 70 of the advertisers that use this, you can do so by going to: Google Advertising Cookie Opt-out Plugin You have to allow a small program to download (it's safe) in order to tell Google you don't want them snooping.

Also listed on that same page is this site: Opt Out From Online Behavioral Advertising By Participating Companies (BETA) which allows you to opt-out of all the companies that use this Google technology. That little program will look for all the cookie or persistant cookies and give you a list of all the places that use your info. (They will often say they can't 'communiacate to all the sites right then, but you can go back as many times as you want and see if you can catch them in a better mood.)

This might help cut down on the content of "grown up" ads, or embarrassing ones, and will keep these companies from "spying" on your surfing.

If it's not OK to put the URLs in this post, please PM me and I can tell you.

Hope this helps!

We want a Maine Coon webkinz!
Sleeping Awake is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 09:59 PM   #76

victoria19 will become famous soon enough

ok thx wi! i was like what? when i saw something that said age 12 and i'm like what?
victoria19 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 11:48 PM   #77

HampsterGiggles is sweet stuff
HampsterGiggles is sweet stuffHampsterGiggles is sweet stuffHampsterGiggles is sweet stuffHampsterGiggles is sweet stuffHampsterGiggles is sweet stuffHampsterGiggles is sweet stuff

Thx for the update
HampsterGiggles is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 01:13 AM   #78
i wish i was a

BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!

pretty much does nothing to improve my opinion of ganz choosing to bombard us with ads, all of us. its not like they are taking back from displaying third party ads. its making us forget that they added third party ads. the old switcheroo..........to me,this choice is only the best choice of the worst choices they have made. so thats not saying much.

so in the end they DO have the ability to target things to each individual accts if they want to............ they just dont want to very much at all unless it affects their bottom dollar. they could make ww so much more fun by letting us choose certain options and on their end as well.................

this was such a misguided situation fromthe beginning that it jsut made me question their leadership all the more........ so while this is an improvement its not something i consider a solution. and it has many problems to begin with, as one peerson put it they gave the truthful information a few years back to ganz, and now this solution is no solution at all for them. to say ' well at least they are doing something' is kind of like saying "well other than that mrs. lincoln how did you like the play?"...................

all they have done is change WHO they bombard with CERTAIN third party ads, not that they do it soon i predict the blank ads with the age in them will be replaced with disney ads or such ...................
and its no solution for ppl who share accounts with their children. many trusted them with our truthful information, and now they are using that against us and i find that still very unacceptable. especially since we already pay for the priviledge of using ww............. why can they let delux members skip the ads altogether since delux ppl pay even more to use the site to get more benefits........... ??????????????????????????????????

thank you for the article however and the information, as always.
BASMAT is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 05:00 AM   #79
ellawlosok

BloomingRose is on a distinguished road

Not really popping up for me... and is it just me or is this smileyand this one...and this one...and these...NEW? I now am in Check, mz vacation place!!!

my vacation place! In Check, the computers y is z. If zou dont get it, zou have to press the z button to get y. And to press the y button to get z.

Last edited by BloomingRose; 06-14-2011 at 05:00 AM..
BloomingRose is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 05:20 AM   #80
Diabetes Awareness

veron has a spectacular aura about

hmm I don't see anymore webkinz ads!, just plaid white background with black text on it
veron is offline Male Reply With Quote

Tags
soa

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: