Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-13-2011, 03:43 PM   #41
Shopping for Bunnies
Webkinz :)

Shoppingmall562 is the cats pajamas!Shoppingmall562 is the cats pajamas!Shoppingmall562 is the cats pajamas!Shoppingmall562 is the cats pajamas!Shoppingmall562 is the cats pajamas!Shoppingmall562 is the cats pajamas!

Default Re: Webkinz World censors ads for underage children

I think this is a good idea for Ganz, but what ads would they have to censor? I don't think any of the ads would be worth censoring, but it is a good idea.
Shoppingmall562 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-2011, 03:43 PM   #42
•// ❣ ѕoх ❣ //•

luvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicness
luvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicness

This happened to me it said 12 yrs old and i didn't know what it was hopefully it'll be fixed soon
luvzfrogs is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 03:57 PM   #43
AbbyFlower7

AbbyL714 is a jewel in the roughAbbyL714 is a jewel in the rough

that's nice
AbbyL714 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 03:59 PM   #44

triplets mom is a glorious beacon of lighttriplets mom is a glorious beacon of lighttriplets mom is a glorious beacon of light

Why would Ganz even accept ads that aren't appropriate for all ages? Webkinz is for children, even if there are a number of adults playing along. If I had an account, now I would have to be careful not to have my account open on the computer next to my child because he might see an inappropriate ad???
triplets mom is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 04:01 PM   #45
Bunny saves the clan
luckypleo is a ray of sunshineluckypleo is a ray of sunshine
luckypleo is a ray of sunshineluckypleo is a ray of sunshineluckypleo is a ray of sunshineluckypleo is a ray of sunshineluckypleo is a ray of sunshineluckypleo is a ray of sunshineluckypleo is a ray of sunshineluckypleo is a ray of sunshineluckypleo is a ray of sunshine

I didn't think there was anything worth censoring on webkinz. I mean, if you wanna get really overprotective then I believe I saw one for a dating service on W newz, but it wasn't "bad", I wish they'd focus more on things like this though, I see they take so much time making their lovely popup adds for the estore, yet the years boxes look so tacky, they could have at least put the time into making it so that it replaced it with something cute, like how it used to be adds for the w shop and doctor quack.
luckypleo is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 04:06 PM   #46

triplets mom is a glorious beacon of lighttriplets mom is a glorious beacon of lighttriplets mom is a glorious beacon of light

View Post Originally Posted by myJbees
I am pleased to see some positive action on this matter (being a mommy of little ones who adore WW, as well as one who writes to Ganz about this very issue).

I quite agree with those of you who feel that is it so sad that they must block any of the ads that they allow. It would be a blessing to see them removed entirely

Thanks so much for the good information, Dixie, I haven't seen this yet.
Hugs ♥Q

PS ~ I would love to see the ads changed at WKN as well. My little ones do not EVER visit that site without my presence at the computer with them!

I agree with you here! The ads at WKN are getting much more adult in nature. A few months ago they had just public service announcements up and I thought we were moving in the right direction, but that did not last long. And the ads do "mine" information from your computer and display local ads or ads related to a search that has been done on the computer previously. This can lead to VERY INAPPROPRIATE ads. WI ads do the same thing. Unfortunately, we had a bad experience with a very adult ad appearing on a public computer on WI- I was lucky the kids weren't looking over my shoulder when it happened! We reported it and got an immediate response from a mod, but we notice that ads still mine information here, so it could happen again...
Old 06-13-2011, 04:15 PM   #47
rosie1960

barbie1960 is just really nicebarbie1960 is just really nice

Thanks for all the updates.Everyone have a great day and God bless.
barbie1960 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 04:25 PM   #48
deedee6
Gifted

lego has accomplished something fantabulous
lego has accomplished something fantabulouslego has accomplished something fantabulouslego has accomplished something fantabulouslego has accomplished something fantabulouslego has accomplished something fantabulouslego has accomplished something fantabulous

View Post Originally Posted by Hazzy2324
If it has to be censored, Ganz should not use the ad in the first place.
That's what I was thinking
View Post Originally Posted by K1tCat123
My account is 4 years old but I haven't checked! Thanks for sharing
It's not the account age. It's the birth date you put in.

View Post Originally Posted by marnabear
You might be surprised how many adults play and they usually are on every day where kids are not on so often. But we adults don't like the ads either - at least this one doesn't.
If we turn 3rd party off that censor will go away!?! Sign my little friend up!

Last edited by lego; 06-13-2011 at 04:25 PM..
lego is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 04:29 PM   #49
elcome Holidays!
Gift Guru

leeann15 is epic beyond epicnessleeann15 is epic beyond epicnessleeann15 is epic beyond epicnessleeann15 is epic beyond epicnessleeann15 is epic beyond epicnessleeann15 is epic beyond epicnessleeann15 is epic beyond epicnessleeann15 is epic beyond epicnessleeann15 is epic beyond epicness
leeann15 is epic beyond epicnessleeann15 is epic beyond epicness

WI Subscriber
Donation Level 2 

View Post Originally Posted by triplets mom
Why would Ganz even accept ads that aren't appropriate for all ages? Webkinz is for children, even if there are a number of adults playing along. If I had an account, now I would have to be careful not to have my account open on the computer next to my child because he might see an inappropriate ad???
My thoughts exactly!!!! The adds should not be there in the first place. There should be no need to sensor if the adds were not accepted.
leeann15 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 04:30 PM   #50

View Post Originally Posted by lego
That's what I was thinking

It's not the account age. It's the birth date you put in.

If we turn 3rd party off that censor will go away!?! Sign my little friend up!
But if you turn off 3rd party ads, you cannot play in many of the promotions they run, such as the HOP promotion. Once ads are turned off, you cannot turn them back on for 30 days...

Tags
soa

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: