Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-28-2009, 10:16 PM   #451
Music298
Webkinz :)

Music298 is a name known to allMusic298 is a name known to allMusic298 is a name known to all

Default Re: Ganz announces a W Shop Theme to be Retired Next Week

okay I bought all of baseball theme (plus extra of wall and floor and what i think will be gone for good) and also the banners and posters etc. of cheerleader and some unique foot ball items. now i have 280kc (so little)!
Music298 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-28-2009, 10:32 PM   #452
Music298

Music298 is a name known to allMusic298 is a name known to allMusic298 is a name known to all

View Post Originally Posted by AddictedMom
That is me too! I am on a buying frenzy using any kinzcash I can find! Aye, aye, aye!!

Now, where are we going to put all this stuff???

I already spent over 5000 kc on buying room themes!!! and i can't sell my other wshops because i have almost none (i only have the kids toy box and beach ice box but those might retire too so i need to keep them) so I might have to sell rare-but-not-rares like the medieval trophy pedestal and bee costume and other. . . i wish ganz will give us better hints and not just "one of the older themes" !!!
Music298 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 10:42 PM   #453
Goofball
Gift Guru

volleyuup rules the roostvolleyuup rules the roostvolleyuup rules the roostvolleyuup rules the roostvolleyuup rules the roostvolleyuup rules the roostvolleyuup rules the roostvolleyuup rules the roostvolleyuup rules the roostvolleyuup rules the roostvolleyuup rules the roostvolleyuup rules the roost

I'm going to guess that the Kids Theme will go next.
volleyuup is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 02:15 AM   #454

Ritzcracker is stuck on replay
Ritzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replay

I'm reposting this, as I missed an item that was added to a theme - the jungle blender, and I couldn't seem to locate the edit button. Thanks CMV_W for pointing this out.

I was looking through the different themes today. Someone earlier mentioned that previously retired themes were all small, so I counted the number of items in the different themes. I did not include themes that I remember being added in the last two years. Here are my findings; I'm starting with the smallest theme (I can't remember the proper names for all the themes). I also took note as to which of these had items added to the theme in more recent times. Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong with any of them, or if I missed anything.

Cheerleader: 10
Diner: 11 - Sign added
Classroom: 13
Baseball: 14
Candy: 15 Chocolate room divider added
Beach: 16 Picnic cooler added
Kids: 16
Frog/swamp: 16
Wizard: 17
Pop Star: 17 Sandwich maker added
Jungle: 18 Blender added
Atlantis: 18
Blue Sky: 19
Fantasy: 19
Winter/ice: 20
Space: 21
Ballerina: 21
Garage/car: 22
Football: 22
Pirate: 22 Dogbeard picture added
Rock Star: 23
Funky Girl: 28 Rug added

I also took note of the graphics - some of them definitely look older than the others. The ones that I got this impression of were the baseball and football themes, the diner theme, the kids theme, the candy theme, as well as the cheerleader theme.

Then I did a bit of reasoning and putting all the info together. I can't see them retiring the classroom theme, with more people doing classes to get recess and wanting to make classrooms, and there isn't anything else like it. I also can't see them retiring the diner theme - it has a newer sign, and again, there isn't anything else like it.

That would leave the most likely contenders (in my opinion) the cheerleader theme, the baseball theme, the candy theme, and the kids theme. They are all smaller themes with older looking graphics, and no newer items added.

I made two new rooms today with the cheerleader and the baseball theme. I also bought a few pieces of the kids theme that I like. I already have the candy theme. I guess I'll find out if I was right....
Old 08-29-2009, 02:32 AM   #455

Ritzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replay

View Post Originally Posted by poguee_smiles
Des anyone else tie in the beach room contest with the retirement of that theme? Have they made any other room contest before?
There have been quite a few room design contests before. One of the first ones was a fall room design contest, and there have been a number of others. The one you're referring to wasn't specifically a beach theme, if I remember right, but rather a vacation theme. The winner, again if I'm remembering right, had made an indoor swimming pool using blue flooring surrounded by mats to create the illusion of a pool. The most recent contest is to design a classroom for the new sea dragon - it runs this weekend.

So I don't think that is a hint. Actually I doubt that theme is the one that will retire. It's a big theme, quite popular, and has a newer item - the cooler.
Ritzcracker is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 02:33 AM   #456

View Post Originally Posted by poguee_smiles
Are they going to take the whole theme away? Or bits and pieces? I wish they would make them CSO items for a while!
They are going to make most of the theme CSO. They have said that at least one item would retire for good.
Ritzcracker is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 02:55 AM   #457
Gift Guru

katrinasmom has a reputation beyond reputekatrinasmom has a reputation beyond reputekatrinasmom has a reputation beyond reputekatrinasmom has a reputation beyond reputekatrinasmom has a reputation beyond repute

Donation Award 

I have had one more thought today about why I think the kid's theme will NOT be the one to retire:

The gumball machine is part of the kids theme. Many pets have that as their favorite toy, so Ganz will want to keep it available so that you may buy it to make your pets happy.

I'm still betting on the baseball theme. Have my stuff hoarded...despite my cautions to everyone not to get carried away. Only one item will be retired for good--everything else will be available in the Curio Shop for a good long while. Many like me are buying some extra items for trade, so if you become gifted, you'll be able to sweet talk us out of one, no doubt, to complete your set. This is really not a cause for panic or unusual buying behavior, unless you have lots of KC and want to gamble and buy some stuff that might become retired for trading.

Someone asked why items have to retire. I'm sure it's to make room for all the new themes and keep the size of WW down a bit. And so much more is being added than taken away. I can't complain, personally, about what is being done. And I am very happy for the warning this time. Yes, it's not completely specific, but how about this mystery and intrique in our lives? There are pluses and minuses to this. If we all knew which items, we'd all buy a kazillion and then they would have no value to speak of. I'm really OK with the way Ganz has handled this.

And please don't call Ganz service reps trying to find out. Hasn't been all that long that we've had live reps to reach without leaving a message and waiting for a call back. Let's not abuse them, and take away from them helping others with legitimate problems in adopting pets, stuck items, etc. They need the reps time! And it might backfire--we might lose our live reps answering the phones or lose the announcement that a theme is retiring next time. You can write to Ganz thru the feedback form and express your wishes without taking away from others. It might have MORE impact that way!
katrinasmom is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 08:28 AM   #458
scotlandd

scotlandd is the best-est!scotlandd is the best-est!scotlandd is the best-est!scotlandd is the best-est!scotlandd is the best-est!
scotlandd is the best-est!scotlandd is the best-est!scotlandd is the best-est!

i do not like the kid theme i know it is baseball theme but i like the baseball themegood bye one of the themes
scotlandd is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 08:32 AM   #459
hy not smile!?!

poguee_smiles is not just visiting!poguee_smiles is not just visiting!poguee_smiles is not just visiting!poguee_smiles is not just visiting!poguee_smiles is not just visiting!poguee_smiles is not just visiting!poguee_smiles is not just visiting!poguee_smiles is not just visiting!poguee_smiles is not just visiting!poguee_smiles is not just visiting!poguee_smiles is not just visiting!

I am now thinking it's the diner... they could definitely make an updated diner for sure! Something more elegant or modern like the new themes have been.
poguee_smiles is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 08:44 AM   #460
BC is a

Maddiebear is a splendid one to beholdMaddiebear is a splendid one to beholdMaddiebear is a splendid one to beholdMaddiebear is a splendid one to behold

View Post Originally Posted by Ritzcracker
I'm reposting this, as I missed an item that was added to a theme - the jungle blender, and I couldn't seem to locate the edit button. Thanks CMV_W for pointing this out.

I was looking through the different themes today. Someone earlier mentioned that previously retired themes were all small, so I counted the number of items in the different themes. I did not include themes that I remember being added in the last two years. Here are my findings; I'm starting with the smallest theme (I can't remember the proper names for all the themes). I also took note as to which of these had items added to the theme in more recent times. Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong with any of them, or if I missed anything.

Cheerleader: 10
Diner: 11 - Sign added
Classroom: 13
Baseball: 14
Candy: 15 Chocolate room divider added
Beach: 16 Picnic cooler added
Kids: 16
Frog/swamp: 16
Wizard: 17
Pop Star: 17 Sandwich maker added
Jungle: 18 Blender added
Atlantis: 18
Blue Sky: 19
Fantasy: 19
Winter/ice: 20
Space: 21
Ballerina: 21
Garage/car: 22
Football: 22
Pirate: 22 Dogbeard picture added
Rock Star: 23
Funky Girl: 28 Rug added

I also took note of the graphics - some of them definitely look older than the others. The ones that I got this impression of were the baseball and football themes, the diner theme, the kids theme, the candy theme, as well as the cheerleader theme.

Then I did a bit of reasoning and putting all the info together. I can't see them retiring the classroom theme, with more people doing classes to get recess and wanting to make classrooms, and there isn't anything else like it. I also can't see them retiring the diner theme - it has a newer sign, and again, there isn't anything else like it.

That would leave the most likely contenders (in my opinion) the cheerleader theme, the baseball theme, the candy theme, and the kids theme. They are all smaller themes with older looking graphics, and no newer items added.

I made two new rooms today with the cheerleader and the baseball theme. I also bought a few pieces of the kids theme that I like. I already have the candy theme. I guess I'll find out if I was right....
You do have a point about the themes. I mean, I was a member when the candy theme came out, same with cheerleading theme. That was February 2007 and May 2007. The other themes are very old looking, because the are old.
Maddiebear is offline Female Reply With Quote

Tags
baseball theme?, football theme?, good bye old theme!, goodbye kids theme, kevinelevin was here!, retire the kids theme!, see you later old theme, t.r., which one?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: