Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-27-2009, 10:29 PM   #391
MicsKinz
Gift Guru

AddictedMom has much to be proud ofAddictedMom has much to be proud ofAddictedMom has much to be proud ofAddictedMom has much to be proud ofAddictedMom has much to be proud of

Donation Award 
Default Re: Ganz announces a W Shop Theme to be Retired Next Week

View Post Originally Posted by Joani
Okay silly question. Don't know if anyone asked this yet. Aren't we going to be able to find out a little early due to the Asian accounts? This would give us some time to at least run and buy some of the stuff, no?
The items will be retired/sent to the Curio Shop during a general maintenance where all the time zones are down. No one will get any "heads up" as to which one it finally is.

The fact that it is being retired to the Curio Shop is no big deal as we could just buy it when it shows up there. It's that "at least one" item that will be completely retired that is bugging me.

I just hope it is one of the oldest themes as that is what I am concentrating on. Pleeeeease!!
AddictedMom is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-27-2009, 10:40 PM   #392
Webkinz :)

catena724 is on a distinguished road

AACK>.
I think it is the Ichiban theme. The bed, table and seats, are NOT listed in the catalog at Webkinz Newz! Neither are the mats or window. It isn't listed as a theme choice either for a search. And, it is the latest theme on sale in the W shop..

I still need the bed and window and storage chest. Hope I have enough KC!..
catena724 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 11:07 PM   #393

haddy is a glorious beacon of lighthaddy is a glorious beacon of lighthaddy is a glorious beacon of light

I think it will be the kid theme because the long lost kid sink is already a curio only item.
haddy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 11:09 PM   #394
van

vanessajoyce is on a distinguished road

I just hope it isn't the Country theme . . . I love that one when I get some weird rare that doesn't really go with any other theme. Somehow that one always works, I think.

I wonder if the Swamp theme might go? I hope not -- even though it's kind of hard to do more than one room with it. I LOVE the wallpaper for that one especially.

But Kids, Baseball and Atlantis could go and I wouldn't even bother buying pieces before they retired. Especially the Atlantis theme -- it seems so redundant when all the underwater Webkinz are really underwater now. Any new rares or PSIs that would go with the Atlantis theme wouldn't go in a regular room now anyway!
vanessajoyce is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 11:12 PM   #395
~{Midnight.Train}~

Lolo12 is cool as a bunny clownLolo12 is cool as a bunny clownLolo12 is cool as a bunny clownLolo12 is cool as a bunny clownLolo12 is cool as a bunny clownLolo12 is cool as a bunny clownLolo12 is cool as a bunny clownLolo12 is cool as a bunny clown

Wow... I really dislike it when they retire themes. Well, with the exception of the Cat theme. I wasn't honestly sorry to see that one go...
Lolo12 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 02:08 AM   #396

Ritzcracker is stuck on replay
Ritzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replay

View Post Originally Posted by catena724
AACK>.
I think it is the Ichiban theme. The bed, table and seats, are NOT listed in the catalog at Webkinz Newz! Neither are the mats or window. It isn't listed as a theme choice either for a search. And, it is the latest theme on sale in the W shop..

I still need the bed and window and storage chest. Hope I have enough KC!..
Don't worry, it won't be that one. That is a very recent theme - just a few months old, if I remember right.
Ritzcracker is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 02:21 AM   #397
Gift Guru

CrystalFlute is the bees knees!CrystalFlute is the bees knees!CrystalFlute is the bees knees!CrystalFlute is the bees knees!CrystalFlute is the bees knees!CrystalFlute is the bees knees!CrystalFlute is the bees knees!

I'm going to guess the sweets n treats theme, probably because it doesn't have as many items as some other themes and they seem to retire the smaller themes first.
I feel like announcing it but not revealing the theme is to encourage people to go to the wshop and purchase all of the items, using up all of one's kinzcash, and then they'd release like the colossal movie screen to regular members and they'd need fast kinzcash and would then have to buy more products or something in order to get the kc back quickly. I don't understand why they would announce a retirement, but not the theme. At least when they retired the cat theme, they let everyone know a week ahead of time so everyone could get the items they wanted! I am tempted to go buy more items from my favorite themes, but at the same time I don't want to deplete my kc. And true there are items I love, but don't have extras of because I assume they'll be at the wshop for when I need them.
CrystalFlute is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 02:22 AM   #398
Gift Guru

CrystalFlute is the bees knees!CrystalFlute is the bees knees!CrystalFlute is the bees knees!CrystalFlute is the bees knees!CrystalFlute is the bees knees!CrystalFlute is the bees knees!CrystalFlute is the bees knees!

or the dog theme, because they almost retired that one last time
CrystalFlute is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 02:44 AM   #399

Ritzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replay

I was looking through the different themes today. Someone earlier mentioned that previously retired themes were all small, so I counted the number of items in the different themes. I did not include themes that I remember being added in the last two years. Here are my findings; I'm starting with the smallest theme (I can't remember the proper names for all the themes). I also took note as to which of these had items added to the theme in more recent times. Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong with any of them, or if I missed anything.

Cheerleader: 10
Diner: 11 - Sign added
Classroom: 13
Baseball: 14
Candy: 15 Chocolate room divider added
Beach: 16 Picnic cooler added
Kids: 16
Frog/swamp: 16
Wizard: 17
Pop Star: 17 Sandwich maker added
Jungle: 18
Atlantis: 18
Blue Sky: 19
Fantasy: 19
Winter/ice: 20
Space: 21
Ballerina: 21
Garage/car: 22
Football: 22
Pirate: 22 Dogbeard picture added
Rock Star: 23
Funky Girl: 28 Rug added

I also took note of the graphics - some of them definitely look older than the others. The ones that I got this impression of were the baseball and football themes, the diner theme, the kids theme, the candy theme, as well as the cheerleader theme.

Then I did a bit of reasoning and putting all the info together. I can't see them retiring the classroom theme, with more people doing classes to get recess and wanting to make classrooms, and there isn't anything else like it. I also can't see them retiring the diner theme - it has a newer sign, and again, there isn't anything else like it.

That would leave the most likely contenders (in my opinion) the cheerleader theme, the baseball theme, the candy theme, and the kids theme. They are all smaller themes with older looking graphics, and no newer items added.

I made two new rooms today with the cheerleader and the baseball theme. I also bought a few pieces of the kids theme that I like. I already have the candy theme. I guess I'll find out if I was right....
Old 08-28-2009, 03:02 AM   #400

View Post Originally Posted by CrystalFlute
or the dog theme, because they almost retired that one last time
The dog theme is already retired to the Curio shop.

Tags
baseball theme?, football theme?, good bye old theme!, goodbye kids theme, kevinelevin was here!, retire the kids theme!, see you later old theme, t.r., which one?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: