Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-27-2009, 07:21 AM   #261
Gift Guru

katrinasmom has a reputation beyond reputekatrinasmom has a reputation beyond reputekatrinasmom has a reputation beyond reputekatrinasmom has a reputation beyond reputekatrinasmom has a reputation beyond repute

Donation Award 
Default Re: Ganz announces a W Shop Theme to be Retired Next Week

My bet is on the baseball theme, as it is partially covered by the newer sports theme and is an old theme with older graphics, nothing animated and it doesn't really mix well with other themes. The space theme goes well with the TC stuff and special space beds--those won't be discontinued. And it's been featured heavily lately in the Curio Shop and is offered on sale today. At 8 AM KT, the chair (with legs, not the beanbag) v is on sale on Deluxe accounts for $102 instead of $120.

I would also like to caution those thinking of mounting a campaign against Ganz for not telling us which theme. I read all the posts last night and thought about this very carefully. I think it will likely backfire. Next time, Ganz won't give us any warning again! Stop and think:

1. Why do you care? Only one item will no longer be available. If you have built a room or buy one of each item (very doable--it's not an expensive set), you will have it. You can have it. You just don't know which item will be retired so you can buy 10 for trading down the road. That's it, isn't it? BUT--if Ganz tells us what is retiring, EVERYONE will buy a bunch and then it will lose its value. You can't have it both ways. I think Ganz doesn't tell us, so you will have the opportunity if you are clever, to acquire something valuable.

2. Ganz customer service reps are there to help us with problems in WW. They are not there for us to badger about Ganz policies. You can leave feedback on several forums about your dissatisfaction. I'm sure they have thought this through carefully, and the Webkinz Newz announcement was a step to try to be more satisfying to their customers who didn't like the sudden retirement with no warning.

3. This leaves us some mystery and intrique and something to ponder about. There can be positives to this, not just negatives. Look how many of us have gotten caught up in thinking about this!

My other thought is that the theme that might be retired from the Curio Shop and no longer offered would be the country theme. I don't believe it will be the dog or the cat as there are too many of those Webkinz still being issued and they are popular pieces. There are newer wooden pieces still active in the W shop to replace the old wagon wheel pieces and dark wooden items. But I've stocked up on all three...just in case. Hey, I never said I wasn't capable of hoarding stuff that might be valuable to trade!
katrinasmom is offline Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-27-2009, 07:21 AM   #262
ell I love cats.
Webkinz :)

Cutiecutepie has disabled reputation

probably the kids, space, or automobile theme (:
Cutiecutepie is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 07:22 AM   #263
4u2nvme2
Gifted

4u2nvme2 will become famous soon enough

I think it will be one of these: Kid's room, beach room or the sweets and treats.
4u2nvme2 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 07:27 AM   #264
ants a musical

rodentyawn is a splendid one to beholdrodentyawn is a splendid one to beholdrodentyawn is a splendid one to beholdrodentyawn is a splendid one to behold

I knda think it's the sky theme. It seems like it's been around for a long time, and I don't think that they would retire the kid's theme because it's kinda the "beginner or 'I have no money' theme"
rodentyawn is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 07:34 AM   #265
e all fall down
Gift Guru

suneshin3 knows the way
suneshin3 knows the waysuneshin3 knows the waysuneshin3 knows the waysuneshin3 knows the way

i have no idea which one! ill do some research though, i want to have a few of that totally retired item.
suneshin3 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 07:37 AM   #266
Call me Dianna!

Demi radiates beauty and kindness all aroundDemi radiates beauty and kindness all aroundDemi radiates beauty and kindness all aroundDemi radiates beauty and kindness all aroundDemi radiates beauty and kindness all aroundDemi radiates beauty and kindness all aroundDemi radiates beauty and kindness all around

maybe the diner theme! that was really popular and ganz used for the video
Demi is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 07:44 AM   #267

Phoebe's Mom has much to be proud ofPhoebe's Mom has much to be proud ofPhoebe's Mom has much to be proud ofPhoebe's Mom has much to be proud ofPhoebe's Mom has much to be proud of

I find this annoying for one simple reason--we're talking about virtual items and virtual money, for goodness sake! Why can't Ganz give us a head's up--"We're retiring the XXX Theme at the end of the day on XXX," and give everyone a chance to buy the items? Why should Ganz care which items are rare? They don't get any more money for them. At least a few hints would be nice.

They have new people joining all the time, so some folks won't have any of the older items. Just my two cents worth. But I agree that complaining could backfire and result in them just retiring things with no warning next time.

Come on, Ganz--give us Webkinz Lovers a couple of clues!
Phoebe's Mom is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 07:50 AM   #268
sawyersuperstar

Sawyer4325 has a spectacular aura about

i do not think it is the kids theme that is for webkinz peeps with less money. i think it is the blue skys theme.
Sawyer4325 is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 07:52 AM   #269
Gifted
Miranda is just really niceMiranda is just really nice

Maybe that is the piece they will retire from the W-shop and the curio shop -- the chair! Because everyone gets one when they become a member.

View Post Originally Posted by ICanHasWebkinz?
I would normally say Kids theme but its chair comes in every pet's adoption box when you open your first account. I would guess the Sky theme, because I think it is fairly old and the graphics are pretty un-advanced.
Miranda is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 07:55 AM   #270
ould you?
Gift Guru

Amygirl8 has disabled reputation

I doubt the kids theme. Some pieces are already in the curio shop, that's the only reason it may go. Ganz is unpredictable. I wouldn't be surprised if randomly got rid of a super cool theme. I'm looking for the dog beds right now, cuz i luv them!
Amygirl8 is offline Female Reply With Quote

Tags
baseball theme?, football theme?, good bye old theme!, goodbye kids theme, kevinelevin was here!, retire the kids theme!, see you later old theme, t.r., which one?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: