Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-24-2010, 09:43 PM   #61
Webkinz :)
trixietangles is a jewel in the roughtrixietangles is a jewel in the rough

Default Re: Ganz Announces "Mazin' Hamsters Demo" Preview

View Post Originally Posted by jasmine1919
I wonder if it's compatible with Macintosh computers...
It is, I played on my Mac
trixietangles is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-2010, 10:05 PM   #62

Centex Homes 1 swims in greatness
Centex Homes 1 swims in greatnessCentex Homes 1 swims in greatnessCentex Homes 1 swims in greatness

View Post Originally Posted by SnowCrystal
Congrats! I just ran around in circles! LOL!

Did you win anything for getting the flag?
No, you don't win anything. The Hamster just cheers. Then they ask you if you'd like to play this again.

I liked the Demo. I liked there was a Living Room and a Kitchen in there, it made this even cooler. It is kind of easy, but fun in the same time. I would get this when it comes out. I like the new 3-d stuff Ganz is doing. They should do more 3-d stuff.

Last edited by Centex Homes 1; 06-24-2010 at 10:05 PM..
Centex Homes 1 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 10:07 PM   #63

lovepup+sherbet has a spectacular aura aboutlovepup+sherbet has a spectacular aura about

i need to download the thing to play the demo
lovepup+sherbet is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 10:10 PM   #64

Centex Homes 1 swims in greatnessCentex Homes 1 swims in greatnessCentex Homes 1 swims in greatness

View Post Originally Posted by Popra
I just went through the maze, once in a ball, once without. It was actually really cool. However, they should've made the hamster cuter, because it's... lack of good looks distracted me from the maze. I mean, if they made the virtual cuter, I would buy it.

Current Mazin Hamsters: +=++
Made Cuter: +=++
I think the Hamster looks just fine. Ganz shouldn't edit it.
Old 06-24-2010, 10:12 PM   #65
GO SAINTS!!!!
Gifted

evlangelfire89 is just really niceevlangelfire89 is just really nice

it keeps telling me to download the unity player... like 3 times now...
evlangelfire89 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 10:13 PM   #66

View Post Originally Posted by SnowCrystal
I just tried it and when I quit the maze, I was able to rate it; then when I tried to get out of it--it completely crashed Internet Explorer.
Sorry to hear. I hope Internet Explorer works for you next time.

Please do not use blue ink as it is reserved for Staff. Thanks ~ COWS4YOU

Last edited by COWS4YOU; 06-24-2010 at 10:16 PM.. Reason: removed blue ink
Old 06-24-2010, 10:22 PM   #67
mycatsnores
Banned
Sleeping Awake has lots of talentSleeping Awake has lots of talentSleeping Awake has lots of talentSleeping Awake has lots of talentSleeping Awake has lots of talentSleeping Awake has lots of talentSleeping Awake has lots of talentSleeping Awake has lots of talentSleeping Awake has lots of talentSleeping Awake has lots of talentSleeping Awake has lots of talentSleeping Awake has lots of talentSleeping Awake has lots of talentSleeping Awake has lots of talentSleeping Awake has lots of talent

Well, far be it for me to not be jaded

1} I just about threw up playing this game. It's that "3-D car sick" thing. I realize that Ganz has a new toy with this 3-D stuff but really, it's outdated already. There are a lot of game sites out there and none use loading bars or all this old web technology yet. Part of me would be thrilled to death if they spent more time and energy fixing their glitchy web site, turning out some fresh, new FREE games and updating their navigation and creating a better dock.

2} Did I mention I almost threw up? Just an aside....kids/people with migraines or epilepsy can't and shouldn't play these type of games because they can trigger episodes.

3} Whoever said the hamsters look like teddy bears was being kind. They look like demented Q-Tips and they might be cute, but we're looking at Hamster Tushie the whole time.

4} Yes, yes, it's not polished yet but as with the Zingoz Bowling AND with the Kinzville Park, it crashes my comp and locks me up. Please see #1. Most people can't afford Cray Super Computers and a lot of kids are on the 2nd Best Comp in the house, so making games that only work on new, expensive, fast video card/lotsa RAM comps is ok but possibly not keeping in mind the demographic of the site

5} Yes the 3-D can be useful if you're playing Myst or World of Warcraft but I'm curious as to why Ganz thinks this is THE new forum to create things in. I'd be so happy if they put their site on good old fashioned HTML, and the pages loaded fast, there were no endless loading bars, you didn't have to ad unwanted programs to your comp just to stay 'current' with Webkinz fun. I'd be happy to throw a party and be able to actually get in, or be able to name my rooms again so I find my stuff.

6} Did I mention I almost threw up? I hoped the flag at the end of the game was Pepto Bismol

7} I suppose it's kind of psychedelic, watching all the cool designs in the tubes go by. Woohoo!
Big hugs to all. I hope you're having a wonderful summer!

:goo:
Sleeping Awake is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 10:31 PM   #68

mjsiowa is just really nicemjsiowa is just really nice

Donation Level 3 

View Post Originally Posted by trixietangles
I tried it and think it is dumb, but then it could be that age thing eh! LOL
Nah! Not the age thing! Wnen a 6 year old and her Gramma think "what does it give you? And is there any kinzcash or zummies - then you know it is NOT an age thing!
mjsiowa is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 11:04 PM   #69
ish you were a
Gift Guru

melsch has a spectacular aura about

View Post Originally Posted by lamb
Doesn't work on Linux (Ubuntu) so only 1 of our three computers will even be able to access it. I'm going to have to be sharing my computer all the time now with the kiddos. Not really liking this fact much.
Same for me, I am not even going to bother trying it on the computer with windows after reading the reviews from others.
melsch is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 11:14 PM   #70
oo hoo! Nickelcat is
Gifted

Nickelcat knows no boundsNickelcat knows no bounds
Nickelcat knows no boundsNickelcat knows no boundsNickelcat knows no boundsNickelcat knows no boundsNickelcat knows no boundsNickelcat knows no boundsNickelcat knows no bounds

I just tried it and had no problems loading the game or playing it. I had already installed the Unity player for the Zingoz Bowling game and I am using Firefox. However, it did take quite a while to completely load up.

I thought it was pretty cute and I enjoyed exploring all the different tube configurations and the various rooms. I also tried going through the porthole with fan blades in it and could not get through.

I am interested to see what my younger child (grade school age) thinks of it. I will probably end up buying her a Mazing Hamster plush to access the full game, but I doubt I'll buy myself one.

When I tried to exit the demo, it took a while for the page to close. Webkinz closed fine, too, but then I got a message that said my Flash player crashed!

I think this is a nice addition, but better suited to some players than all of them. To each his own!

Nickelcat
Nickelcat is offline Female Reply With Quote

Tags
boringggggg

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: