Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-16-2010, 04:51 PM   #181
Gifted

hpharrypotterhp is a forum hero
hpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum hero

Default Re: Ganz Announces Limited Re-Release of Retired Pets

View Post Originally Posted by Moonbow
Remember most people like the rare pets (Such as love puppy, cheeky cat. ECT.), because they're rare, if they un-retire them (even temporarily), they will not be rare. Also people who have bought the pets for hundreds will be angry and complain to ganz, they will lose customers most likely, and there could be a small chance they discontinue webkinz.
Exactly.
Some people (I bet most) like the rare pets only because they are dreams, and they are rare, and only the people who actually liked the pets (a very few percent) because they were the pets would buy them.
hpharrypotterhp is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-2010, 04:34 PM   #182
I Love me some
Webkinz :)

Animalia has much to be proud ofAnimalia has much to be proud ofAnimalia has much to be proud ofAnimalia has much to be proud ofAnimalia has much to be proud of

View Post Originally Posted by hpharrypotterhp
I'm sorry, Animalia, but some of your posts have seemed slightly offensive to me. If it's selfish to complain about your pet loosing super-rare status, is it selfish to want your gold to go up in value? Exactly. And if it's just a virtual image or a plush, why do people need them so bad? Some of your statements can be counter-productive.
Well not to be rude to you either hpharrypotterhp but I don't think you completely understood what I was saying. I said it is selfish to think of only yourself. I , like veryone else, like to keep my rare items rare. I would be mad too if I had spent countless time trying to get a super rare item and they brought it back. I don't care if people care about their items. So don't twist it around on me. I think it's selfish when people think "I don't care if no one else got the pet or item, because I did!" I don't care if ganz brings back the rare pets. It's up to them. Again I never said that it's selfish to want to have rare items. I said it was selfish to care only about yourself and what you want. Oh and to answer your last question. Those people DON' T need those pets or items. There are only a handful of things people need. Water, Food, Air, and God. If Webkinz never even existed we would all get along just fine. No one EVER needs a Webkinz. They only want it. I also do not appreciate you calling my posts offensive. They are opinionated. That means they are MY opinion. If you don't like them don't comment or read them. And if they truely are offensive I wouldn't post them. And furthermore if WI found them offensive then they would let me know. So please don't try and interperate what I'm trying to say in a neghative way. No harm meant.

-Animalia
Animalia is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 05:05 PM   #183
I Love me some

Animalia has much to be proud ofAnimalia has much to be proud ofAnimalia has much to be proud ofAnimalia has much to be proud ofAnimalia has much to be proud of

But no hard feelings hpharrypotterhp. You would be amazing in a speech and debate class.
Animalia is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 09:08 AM   #184
(:
Dot Jr. is sweet stuff
Dot Jr. is sweet stuffDot Jr. is sweet stuffDot Jr. is sweet stuffDot Jr. is sweet stuffDot Jr. is sweet stuff

Gorilla. Gorilla. Retired in '07? I feel bad for someone who bought one from like Ebay for $50.00.
Dot Jr. is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 09:45 AM   #185

jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!

I'm sadly not too surprised at these "re-releases." I have a friend who sells these and she tells me that some of these pets "sell out" in the ordering quickly, but then - voila - we see them being unretired for a "limited release."

Personally, I feel like people are being duped a bit, that Ganz has either kept some back or found some from over producing, so they gloss it over as being a re-release. I don't like it one bit - it's not fair to the stores and harms Ganz's already at times shaky credibility, and in turn harms some of those who were lucky to get said pets and use say the PSF to trade with.

Now, I have the gorilla already as well as the elephant. The other pets don't interest me and the Signature Pig never had been retired - at least I know of. It's just so... to me on the whole issue because it'd be better to keep a pet retired than risk your credibility and make people question if you're keeping pets away from people to possibly bring them out of retirement for some reason.
jadewarlock is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 10:13 AM   #186
krqcmom
Gift Guru

Jarrah knows the way
Jarrah knows the wayJarrah knows the wayJarrah knows the way

The problem here is one of credibility - once Ganz breaks a commitment they have lost the trust of their clients.

Many people have bought all the "retired" pets with the understanding that this was the last chance. Retiring pets generally sell for more than non retiring pets.

it takes a long time to gain trust and an instant to loose it. Those who paid large sums for retired pets trusting that Ganz would not release them again naturally feel betrayed. Those who bought pets they might not otherwise have purchased for fear of not having another chance will loose trust in Ganz.

This may not be a bad thing - we may all save money now that the only pets to buy are those we like as purchasing any retired pet is a bad risk right now.

That "exclusivity" is part of what made WW fun - trading up until you could finally get that rare item. I was working hard to get to the point where I could finally trade for my dream elephant statue when they were sold on the estore - and have only traded for items that I want for decorating purposes since - because at any point a virtual item could loose it's value when a "replica" shows up.

In this case it's worse than replicas as there is no way to tell the difference between a 2007 pet and a 2010 - at least replicas could not be traded so my "real" elephant statue still has some value.
Jarrah is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 01:14 PM   #187

UnKnoWnPOPSTAR is an unknown quantity at this point

I want the Signature Piggy !
UnKnoWnPOPSTAR is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 04:40 PM   #188
Rainribbon
Gifted

Rainribbon has a spectacular aura aboutRainribbon has a spectacular aura about

I'd actually really like to have a love puppy, not because it's rare, but because I think it's adorable. I have a number of retired pets I bought when I was into webkinz that I think are ugly, and which I'd love to get rid of now, but can't get back what I paid on them (e.g. black and white and gold and white cats.) Some of those listed as returning are among the ones I have that I'd be happy to get rid of lol.

View Post Originally Posted by Moonbow
Remember most people like the rare pets (Such as love puppy, cheeky cat. ECT.), because they're rare, if they un-retire them (even temporarily), they will not be rare. Also people who have bought the pets for hundreds will be angry and complain to ganz, they will lose customers most likely, and there could be a small chance they discontinue webkinz.
Rainribbon is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 12:50 PM   #189

Snowbunny_098 is the cats pajamas!Snowbunny_098 is the cats pajamas!Snowbunny_098 is the cats pajamas!Snowbunny_098 is the cats pajamas!Snowbunny_098 is the cats pajamas!Snowbunny_098 is the cats pajamas!

I wish Ganz would re-release some pets that retried before they released like the pink and white dog or the brown cow.well at least i like the floppy pig:fp:
Snowbunny_098 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 12:56 PM   #190
»ᶫᵒᵛᵉᵧₒᵤ«
Gifted

btad wows us all with wonderbtad wows us all with wonderbtad wows us all with wonderbtad wows us all with wonderbtad wows us all with wonderbtad wows us all with wonderbtad wows us all with wonderbtad wows us all with wonderbtad wows us all with wonder

WOW! That is so awesome! I am getting the Pig! It's so cute! :fp:

I <3 PIGS!
btad is offline Female Reply With Quote

Tags
4chocolate7, blooglej wuz here hahaha

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: