Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-15-2010, 09:28 AM   #151
Webkinz :)

kirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owl
kirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owl

Donation Award 
Default Re: Ganz Announces Limited Re-Release of Retired Pets

View Post Originally Posted by adrib
Well, i would (like so many others) would rather have had a rerelease of the love puppy, pegasus, etc. The really retired ones. I think these are being re release because Ganz must have had an extra production of them and not enough sales so they retire them and then bring back to sell. just my opinion and am probably wrong but if they are really wanting to bring back popular request retireds, i think we all know that the long retired ones would be the best choices (and would make the average child or parent able to get a pet & items that is currently selling for over $100 on the secondary market)

Just for the record, not everyone knew about Webkinz in 2005 or the children were too young to play at that point. We didn't hear about Webkinz until spring 2009! (As a matter of fact, we bought a penguin at Disney in 08 and threw the tag out not knowing what it was ) So I am biased when I think that it would be nice & fair to the new generation of players to be able to get a love puppy, pegasus, etc. Should i get bent out of shape if I pay $75 for a sherbert bunny or pegasus and then a few years later Ganz releases? That would be selfish of me to not want to see someone get a great deal (and if I get upset, it should be at myself for paying an outrageous price for a stuffed animal & code--which I have) As much as I enjoy playing and setting up the houses, it is still geared for KIDS. When
I have to agree on the new players. My grandaughter intorduced me to WW a year and a half ago. We now have 425 pets. I do not consider myself a casual player. I would not invest this kind of money in this, if we didn't enjoy it, and yes a lot of the pets are duplicates, because I will not pay the prices for the older ones. Would I buy the cheeky dog and cat and love puppy etc. if they were re released? Of course I would. If they are never released again, I can live with it. That's life. This is something my grandaughter and I do for fun, not the value of some PSI. I try not to lose sight of the fact this is a game we enjoy.
kirtoglou is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-2010, 10:23 AM   #152
Lil Kinz

Mihai is an unknown quantity at this point

Fantastic!!
Mihai is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 11:29 AM   #153
B2UTYFUL
Gifted

poochie10 has a reputation beyond reputepoochie10 has a reputation beyond reputepoochie10 has a reputation beyond reputepoochie10 has a reputation beyond reputepoochie10 has a reputation beyond reputepoochie10 has a reputation beyond repute

ohhhhh, the lil'kinz gorilla's so cute! i hope i can get it!
poochie10 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 12:01 PM   #154
onderful World!
Gifted

ArtySmarty is headed for the top!ArtySmarty is headed for the top!ArtySmarty is headed for the top!ArtySmarty is headed for the top!ArtySmarty is headed for the top!ArtySmarty is headed for the top!ArtySmarty is headed for the top!ArtySmarty is headed for the top!ArtySmarty is headed for the top!ArtySmarty is headed for the top!ArtySmarty is headed for the top!ArtySmarty is headed for the top!

Having read through the comments again today, people seem to be the most upset about Ganz going back on their word--they retired something and then re-released it.

Second, Ganz is certainly aware of what a re-release will do to the value of a formerly retired pet--they are not unintelligent. Yet, they choose to do so anyways. Simply put, it's poor business practice and I hope Ganz pays attention to this in the future.

That said, I'm going to go play WW.
ArtySmarty is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 12:26 PM   #155

adrib is epic beyond epicnessadrib is epic beyond epicnessadrib is epic beyond epicnessadrib is epic beyond epicnessadrib is epic beyond epicness
adrib is epic beyond epicnessadrib is epic beyond epicnessadrib is epic beyond epicnessadrib is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by kirtoglou
I have to agree on the new players. My grandaughter intorduced me to WW a year and a half ago. We now have 425 pets. I do not consider myself a casual player. I would not invest this kind of money in this, if we didn't enjoy it, and yes a lot of the pets are duplicates, because I will not pay the prices for the older ones. Would I buy the cheeky dog and cat and love puppy etc. if they were re released? Of course I would. If they are never released again, I can live with it. That's life. This is something my grandaughter and I do for fun, not the value of some PSI. I try not to lose sight of the fact this is a game we enjoy.

Thank you! I like your comments and agree! Have a great day!!
adrib is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 01:21 PM   #156
I Love me some

Animalia has much to be proud ofAnimalia has much to be proud ofAnimalia has much to be proud ofAnimalia has much to be proud ofAnimalia has much to be proud of

Click the image to open in full size. Originally Posted by Animalia
Because bringing back super rare pets is selfish- think of all the people who paid hard earned $$$ for those pets only to have the newer people get them for.... what.... $12?
It will always be the more recent retired pets.
If there were to bring them back that would be like special treatment. Catering to the newer players. Def. not what a company should do.
I would smell class action. They would make, say, $50,000 off the cheekies and loves and sherbets. Then so many people would quit they would lose up to $100,000 a month. And if a law suit is involved possibly up to maybe $500,000. Not going to do that.

Plus I think it's selfish. I think the fair thing is everyone has to earn specific Webbies the same way.

Lots of extra stock... the Siggie Pig no one probably even requested.

FYI- in a previous post it says that it is a quote from me. It is a glitch. This is NOT my opinion on the matter.
- Animalia

I am very tired of this thread. I do understand that Ganz stated they will not be re-releasing retired pets a few years ago. But that was in the past. Ganz has EVERY right to do whatever they want with their merchandise. Nobody on here (unless they work for the creative department of Webkinz) has a right to call Ganz dishonest. They did not state in writing or ofiicially to the public that they would never re-release a retired pet. I understand that it would effect the worth of the items but that is just something we all have to get used to. Just like holiday items loose value during their season, so it will happen to these pets. But these pets are only being released for a short amount of time and then will be back to their original status. I recall earlier this year that the lil' Kinz unicorn came out of retirement and nobody had ANY negative critisism. And nobody attacked Ganz for their actions. I understand we all have opinions but everyone please calm down and trust that Ganz knows what they are doing. Like many people have said on this thread, Ganz probably found an extra supply of these pets and took them out of retirement for a while. My opinion on the subject is that it is a good decision made by Ganz. Please don't be selfish thinking " Oh no, my items lost value!" Think about all those kids who never got a chance to get the pets. Ganz listens to popular demand not to self centered opinions made by a select few. It is definately for the better, and definately out of our hands. So could everyone stop fighting over this minor detail. I know I'e only been on here for a half a year but I've learned that everyone on here is kind a friendly. Lets keep it that way and drop the subject. I also know some people after readin this will think, "Who does he think he is?!" But rest assured I know what will happen if the bickering continues. I just wish that everyone coould get along. I'm pretty sure the good people here at WI can't really go through and delete every negative comment on this thread. At least not very easily. So lets just be content with Ganz's decisions.

-Animalia

Okay there are some typos but the message is still true.

Last edited by Animalia; 07-15-2010 at 01:21 PM..
Animalia is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 01:32 PM   #157
Gift Guru

koto is just really nicekoto is just really nice

Isn't that nice, why don't they re release the big three instead of plushies that can still be very easily found....
koto is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 01:55 PM   #158
Lil Kinz
paws13579 is an unknown quantity at this point

does that mean they migt have the cheeky dog and cat or the love puppy
paws13579 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 03:03 PM   #159
uv Deluxies
Gifted

lemony is epic beyond epicnesslemony is epic beyond epicnesslemony is epic beyond epicnesslemony is epic beyond epicness
lemony is epic beyond epicnesslemony is epic beyond epicnesslemony is epic beyond epicnesslemony is epic beyond epicnesslemony is epic beyond epicnesslemony is epic beyond epicnesslemony is epic beyond epicnesslemony is epic beyond epicnesslemony is epic beyond epicnesslemony is epic beyond epicnesslemony is epic beyond epicnesslemony is epic beyond epicness

Is it really Ganz's fault if someone spent hundreds of dollars on a retired webbie,,,and they bring it back???? I mean they do have that right....

Oh and why would there be a lawsuit...as some posted?
lemony is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 03:32 PM   #160
Mrs. Glorfindel

View Post Originally Posted by Gwenda
GANZ reserves the right to modify(no more family deluxe,bring bake retired whatever) and/or discontinue the website Webkinz Insider - Webkinz Cheats | Recipes | Webkinz Codes .com, or access thereto, at any time without notice.
The text in green is on the tag of every pet you buy.
They can do what they want & they will as long as it makes them money, then............
Just to let you know, you used the wrong website.

I've read all the comments on her, and I agreed with a lot of them. I agree that Ganz probably just found some that they had laying around and decided to get rid of them this way. I also agree that I wish they'd bring back some other retired pets. I would like to get a PLUSH (not eStore) Lave Dragon, because I am fantasy crazy. I'd also like to see the Grey Squirrel again. But I'm not particularly excited about this selection of Webbies. BTW, I didn't know the Signature Kinz were retired. So, that's my take on this. Thanks.
-Lorawen "Dream Maiden", aka Mrs. Glorfindel

P.S. Yeah, I'm LOTR crazy.

Tags
4chocolate7, blooglej wuz here hahaha

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: