Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-14-2010, 09:31 PM   #141
Webkinz :)

4chocolate7 is a glorious beacon of light4chocolate7 is a glorious beacon of light4chocolate7 is a glorious beacon of light

Default Re: Ganz Announces Limited Re-Release of Retired Pets

none of those pets insterst me. Maybe if they had grey squirrel, love puppy, monkey, black lab or chocolate lab I would go buy. But right now i'm getting a ew pet very soon
4chocolate7 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-2010, 09:46 PM   #142
Steelers Nation
Gifted

webkinzchick1 flows towards the sea of knowledgewebkinzchick1 flows towards the sea of knowledgewebkinzchick1 flows towards the sea of knowledgewebkinzchick1 flows towards the sea of knowledgewebkinzchick1 flows towards the sea of knowledgewebkinzchick1 flows towards the sea of knowledgewebkinzchick1 flows towards the sea of knowledgewebkinzchick1 flows towards the sea of knowledge

NONONONONO! D:
The values! Dx Now those PSI's are going to be worthless. Man.. ):

View Post Originally Posted by Hawktalon
What about the Signature Wolf?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
EXACTLY. I didn't know anyone wanted the Elephant or Floppy pig nowadays. Or even the Signature Pig. They'd make a TON of money (from me ) if they brought back the Panda or Timber Wolf.

View Post Originally Posted by Desty
I find it REALLY hard to believe that those were the most requested retired pets. I wonder what the real story is with those pets.
Probably just ones they had extras of.

Last edited by webkinzchick1; 07-14-2010 at 09:46 PM..
webkinzchick1 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 09:52 PM   #143
Rainribbon
Gifted

Rainribbon has a spectacular aura aboutRainribbon has a spectacular aura about

View Post Originally Posted by jaspyr

Because bringing back super rare pets is selfish- think of all the people who paid hard earned $$$ for those pets only to have the newer people get them for.... what.... $12?
It will always be the more recent retired pets.
If there were to bring them back that would be like special treatment. Catering to the newer players. Def. not what a company should do.
I would smell class action. They would make, say, $50,000 off the cheekies and loves and sherbets. Then so many people would quit they would lose up to $100,000 a month. And if a law suit is involved possibly up to maybe $500,000. Not going to do that.

Plus I think it's selfish. I think the fair thing is everyone has to earn specific Webbies the same way.
*Sigh* I have to say that I actually do agree with this, although I'm usually a fan of bringing back things that people want. I was just looking into getting rid of a bunch of my webkinz that have brand new tags and all, and I just want to get my $15 back on each of them, and can't find an outlet to do that .

Last edited by Jennielou; 07-15-2010 at 06:58 PM..
Rainribbon is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 10:22 PM   #144
Whooo hooo
Gift Guru

Tula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clown

Is it just me or is the fact that we have placed "value" on ganz items really more about the player than the company? I am not sure Ganz looks at their items in the same way. They certainly do not have anything on WW to state value of any item they make. The players are the ones that assign a value to it, not Ganz. To them maybe the value is just when the sale is made. To us we have this notion that items on WW have these values and a notion that the values can only go up..never down. This is not realistic though. I am an antique collector and there is a season for everything when it comes to values. Sure the consumer of a product can assign a value but that doesn't mean that item will hold that value to all people or to the company that made the item.

Then there is always the issue of a re-release. Look at toys. In the 1980s we had Carebears and Strawberry Shortcake...what did they do? They tried to make them again over and over after they had finished the line. The only difference is there is a way to tell a reproduction in the antique world and with webkinz there is no way to tell. Wouldn't it be wonderful if Ganz was able to find a way to put in a computer code that would make that re-release pet just slightly different so that older original holds its value?

Ganz would really have to understand the consumer's concept of value of their items though to do that. It would have to go beyond the initial sale to another level for Ganz.

I really believe too that we can not compare production from 2006 to now. When Ganz first got started..sure they were going to be slower moving the webbies out on shelves. Now they see how much money people are putting down on these and they are trying to keep up with consumer demand...and I think they are also trying to be creative and make as many of the desired pet concepts they can. As long as it works they will do that..as long as consumers buy them up they will be producing more and more lines and adding more and more unique stuff to the site.

They just don't mention the value of their items in our terms..only that they own the rights to all virtual items and we are borrowing them in a way because we can't keep them forever..if they pulled the plug...we would not have our stuff anymore. So how much value does any of it really hold then? I just see the difference between the consumer concept of value and Ganz..and I don't think they are the same..thus the re-release of items.

I feel disappointed and mislead by consumer products on a daily basis this is just part of buying stuff.

Last edited by Tula; 07-14-2010 at 10:27 PM..
Tula is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 10:33 PM   #145
Rainribbon
Gifted

I'm actually not that concerned about the game items. I'd really just like to get rid of my stuffed animals, lol. With the codes, and brand new, it's a bit disappointing to see them depreciate (again, because I want to get rid of them), but that's normal.
Old 07-14-2010, 10:36 PM   #146

whistler will become famous soon enough

I don't "collect" or trade items- I see what I like and buy it if I can afford it-
I play webkinz for fun and enjoy it- I try not to make it too stressful-
I will not pay more than $15 for a regular webkinz no matter how rare it is-
I really, really, really want the signature panda and missed out when it was first released- I refuse to pay the $50+ asked for it now- That is my decision- No one can make me do what I don't want to do-
But if Ganz re- released the panda I would be all over that and be very grateful-
I hope there will be very many happy people with a few of these re- releases-
I hope some of you can be happy for those who really want these re-releases for what ever reason as well-
whistler is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 10:42 PM   #147
Rainribbon
Gifted

People are asking $50 for the signature panda? Woah, maybe I can get rid of one of my animals for what I paid lol.
Old 07-14-2010, 11:32 PM   #148
Gratefully
Gifted

WillWork4KC radiates beauty and kindness all aroundWillWork4KC radiates beauty and kindness all aroundWillWork4KC radiates beauty and kindness all aroundWillWork4KC radiates beauty and kindness all aroundWillWork4KC radiates beauty and kindness all aroundWillWork4KC radiates beauty and kindness all aroundWillWork4KC radiates beauty and kindness all around

View Post Originally Posted by Tula

Then there is always the issue of a re-release. Look at toys. In the 1980s we had Carebears and Strawberry Shortcake...what did they do? They tried to make them again over and over after they had finished the line. The only difference is there is a way to tell a reproduction in the antique world and with webkinz there is no way to tell. Wouldn't it be wonderful if Ganz was able to find a way to put in a computer code that would make that re-release pet just slightly different so that older original holds its value?
I remember (only too well) the Care Bear/Cabbage Patch/and for that matter, Beanie Baby crazes. LOL! There is a difference in that Care Bear and Cabbage Patch Kid manufacturers didn't hint at or broach the subject of retirement. Ty did (and does) retire beanie babies and to their credit, have honored that commitment.
WillWork4KC is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 01:28 AM   #149
Whooo hooo
Gift Guru

Tula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clown

View Post Originally Posted by WillWork4KC
I remember (only too well) the Care Bear/Cabbage Patch/and for that matter, Beanie Baby crazes. LOL! There is a difference in that Care Bear and Cabbage Patch Kid manufacturers didn't hint at or broach the subject of retirement. Ty did (and does) retire beanie babies and to their credit, have honored that commitment.

Yes this is true, you just kind of knew when it was out so to speak..but retirement terms really started with the beanie craze. That is the first time I ever heard that term used. Ty had no reason not to honor their retirements..there was nothing more to their product than the product itself..no game play went along with it..and now they are not worth a thing..thats the whole issue..see how values just don't really matter sometimes..no matter how much we would like to think they do.
Tula is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 08:05 AM   #150

adrib is epic beyond epicnessadrib is epic beyond epicnessadrib is epic beyond epicnessadrib is epic beyond epicnessadrib is epic beyond epicness
adrib is epic beyond epicnessadrib is epic beyond epicnessadrib is epic beyond epicnessadrib is epic beyond epicness

Well, i would (like so many others) would rather have had a rerelease of the love puppy, pegasus, etc. The really retired ones. I think these are being re release because Ganz must have had an extra production of them and not enough sales so they retire them and then bring back to sell. just my opinion and am probably wrong but if they are really wanting to bring back popular request retireds, i think we all know that the long retired ones would be the best choices (and would make the average child or parent able to get a pet & items that is currently selling for over $100 on the secondary market)

View Post Originally Posted by jaspyr
That to me is like when companies give a good deal on getting a new phone but only to new costumers- it's as if they've known you too long so they don't care about you any more. It's like handing a love puppy to new costumers because they are new. But handing an old player a cow because they are old.

Their biggest client base is newer players- yes. But the newer players don't care as much about Webkinz as the players of '05, '06, '07, etc. They need to watch their older players and how they feel. Newer players are the players of 2 years. The older players will play forever. If they get rid of the older players- well in the long run... bye bye Webkinz.

It is catering to newer players to give them rare Webkinz because they didn't play back in whatever year.

Just for the record, not everyone knew about Webkinz in 2005 or the children were too young to play at that point. We didn't hear about Webkinz until spring 2009! (As a matter of fact, we bought a penguin at Disney in 08 and threw the tag out not knowing what it was ) So I am biased when I think that it would be nice & fair to the new generation of players to be able to get a love puppy, pegasus, etc. Should i get bent out of shape if I pay $75 for a sherbert bunny or pegasus and then a few years later Ganz releases? That would be selfish of me to not want to see someone get a great deal (and if I get upset, it should be at myself for paying an outrageous price for a stuffed animal & code--which I have) As much as I enjoy playing and setting up the houses, it is still geared for KIDS. When

Last edited by adrib; 07-15-2010 at 08:05 AM..
adrib is offline Female Reply With Quote

Tags
4chocolate7, blooglej wuz here hahaha

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: