Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-14-2010, 06:12 PM   #131
Banned
jaspyr has a reputation beyond reputejaspyr has a reputation beyond reputejaspyr has a reputation beyond reputejaspyr has a reputation beyond reputejaspyr has a reputation beyond reputejaspyr has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: Ganz Announces Limited Re-Release of Retired Pets

View Post Originally Posted by jaspyr
As far as I know the siggy pig was never even specifically retired.
As far as "catering to the newer players" I don't believe Ganz is catering to any "group" of players....they have extra stock they need to sell.
And honestly, if you did a survey of ALL webkinz players, I would imagine there is a much larger group of newer players than older players, as folks loose interest and move on to a new hobby/game. (that is just my thoughts)
It is simple business smarts to know your biggest client base and keep them happy.
That to me is like when companies give a good deal on getting a new phone but only to new costumers- it's as if they've known you too long so they don't care about you any more. It's like handing a love puppy to new costumers because they are new. But handing an old player a cow because they are old.

Their biggest client base is newer players- yes. But the newer players don't care as much about Webkinz as the players of '05, '06, '07, etc. They need to watch their older players and how they feel. Newer players are the players of 2 years. The older players will play forever. If they get rid of the older players- well in the long run... bye bye Webkinz.

It is catering to newer players to give them rare Webkinz because they didn't play back in whatever year.
jaspyr is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-2010, 06:21 PM   #132
Webkinz :)

Pengo is a glorious beacon of lightPengo is a glorious beacon of light

Does Ganz understand NOTHING except "cash grab"? They are actually starting to make me a little bit sick.
Pengo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 06:48 PM   #133
Gratefully
Gifted

WillWork4KC radiates beauty and kindness all aroundWillWork4KC radiates beauty and kindness all aroundWillWork4KC radiates beauty and kindness all aroundWillWork4KC radiates beauty and kindness all aroundWillWork4KC radiates beauty and kindness all aroundWillWork4KC radiates beauty and kindness all aroundWillWork4KC radiates beauty and kindness all around

candyclara987,

The government launched (and won) an anti-trust case against Microsoft. Had Ganz used the term "semi-retired" there would be no controversy. They chose the terminology and publicly announce retirements. Violation of trust and consumer confidence are serious matters.

IMHO this is an integrity issue. Sadly ethics (business and personal) have seemed to go the way of the dinosaurs.

Ganz would be wise to concentrate on the design and development of new "classics" instead of flooding the market with any idea that comes to mind.

Last edited by WillWork4KC; 07-14-2010 at 08:34 PM..
WillWork4KC is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 07:25 PM   #134

MissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck Norris
MissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck Norris

Hey everyone,

I know you are all shocked and some are upset about this move. Please remember that we should always give the company and people working there a bit of respect, its okay to be upset and not trust them, but we still need to be polite in our wording. But, more importantly we need to give the members of WI some respect no matter how you feel on the issue.

There is no need to call each other names, or insult what the other thinks. I think that we all are great players and members of this forum, and can find a way to state our opinion in a polite, respectful way, without using words that may be hurtful to another members feelings.

Thank you all so much,

--MissGnomie.
MissGnomie is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 08:34 PM   #135

tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.
tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.

View Post Originally Posted by Amygirl8
Do NOT make the cheeky cat and dog. There will be a lot of tears and would cause Ganz a BIG BIG BIG problem. Think realistically, not selfishly

However I am pleased, since these aren't too "retired-worthy" pets. They ahve them at my local green earth, but I'll be able to get myself a floppy pig soon Maybe..
Why not?
tarabella9 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 08:37 PM   #136
Banned
jaspyr has a reputation beyond reputejaspyr has a reputation beyond reputejaspyr has a reputation beyond reputejaspyr has a reputation beyond reputejaspyr has a reputation beyond reputejaspyr has a reputation beyond repute

View Post Originally Posted by tarabella9
Why not?
Because thinking selflessly you would understand how it would feel if you earned money to buy a coveted Webkinz and then everyone could find it for $12 a year or two later.
Old 07-14-2010, 08:41 PM   #137
Banned

*removing quote--missgnomie*

Sorry but I am flagging this because MissGnomie just barely said that you need to be nice about this. Your post was very rude and innappropiate for WI. From what I can tell you did not even understand WillWork4KC's point. You could have just asked her to explain a bit more.

Last edited by MissGnomie; 07-14-2010 at 08:47 PM.. Reason: .
Old 07-14-2010, 09:12 PM   #138
Gift Guru

likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!

This re-release of retired pets is a lot like the pets that get selected for POTM. It's overstock that GANZ wants to move, that's why the Chihuahua (or was it Pug) got two turns at Pet Of The Month: there's lots of them in stock and GANZ is trying to profit by clearing them out.

So now's your chance to get one if you missed them before they were retired! And if you miss them this time around... don't worry, "retired" doesn't seem to mean they are gone forever (actually I expect to see them as eStore once the plush sells out).
likmfurry is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 09:25 PM   #139
onderful World!
Gifted

ArtySmarty is headed for the top!ArtySmarty is headed for the top!ArtySmarty is headed for the top!ArtySmarty is headed for the top!ArtySmarty is headed for the top!ArtySmarty is headed for the top!ArtySmarty is headed for the top!ArtySmarty is headed for the top!ArtySmarty is headed for the top!ArtySmarty is headed for the top!ArtySmarty is headed for the top!ArtySmarty is headed for the top!

Ganz is a company that is trying to make money; I get that. Ganz, however, is well aware that once a pet's retirement is announced, it creates more value among collectors for that plushie/codes/PSI/PSF. Collectors will pay more money for those items, operating on the basis that a RETIRED item actually means retired and that no more will be available. It has, as the Gift Exchange would say, a dynamic value. Everyone is aware that there is a chance that values will drop. But Ganz re-releasing so-called "retired" pets really skews those values; in fact, after these recent re-releases of retired pets and e-store "replicas", I would never pay high prices for a retired pet or item. Who knows what Ganz will do in the future with these alleged retirements?

If you say it's retired, Ganz, fine and keep it retired!! (and in a side note, if you say you're a family company, have Family Deluxe option!)

We all play WW on the basis that you keep your word--without that, you're going to lose your customer base fast and the value of your items as collectibles will drop precipitously.

Personally, I've decided to bit more conservative in my Ganz purchases these days due to these exact issues.
ArtySmarty is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 09:31 PM   #140

Gwenda has a reputation beyond reputeGwenda has a reputation beyond reputeGwenda has a reputation beyond reputeGwenda has a reputation beyond reputeGwenda has a reputation beyond reputeGwenda has a reputation beyond repute

GANZ reserves the right to modify(no more family deluxe,bring bake retired whatever) and/or discontinue the website Webkinz Insider - Webkinz Cheats | Recipes | Webkinz Codes .com, or access thereto, at any time without notice.
The text in green is on the tag of every pet you buy.
They can do what they want & they will as long as it makes them money, then............

View Post Originally Posted by Gwenda
GANZ reserves the right to modify(no more family deluxe,bring bake retired whatever) and/or discontinue the website w w w web kinz .com, or access thereto, at any time without notice.
The text in green is on the tag of every pet you buy.
They can do what they want & they will as long as it makes them money, then............
Gwenda is offline Female Reply With Quote

Tags
4chocolate7, blooglej wuz here hahaha

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: