Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-14-2010, 12:22 PM   #111
Webkinz :)

Lawliet will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Ganz Announces Limited Re-Release of Retired Pets

I didn't know those were retired, I've always seen them in stores. I guess nobody ever bought them, lol.
Lawliet is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-2010, 12:36 PM   #112
zacspet defies all odds
zacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all odds

MAYBE THE RHINO AND POSIIBLY THE GORILA WERE MOST WANTED BACK BUT THE FLOPPY PIG AND SIGNITURE PIG COME ON GANZ I WOULD THINK THE RHINO AMERICAN ALIBINO CHEEKY DOG CHEEKY CAT PINK AAND WHITE DOG AND THE GORRILA

NOT THAT I WANT THOES WEBKINZ BACK EXEPT AMERICAN ALBINO BECAUSE THE VALUE OF THEIR PSI AND PSF WOULD GO DOWN TERRIBLY I MEAN SOME PEOPLE WOULD TRADESHIMMERING GOLD DRESSES FOR A CHEEKY DOG PSI OR MAYBE EVEN PSF

ps HORSES ROCK:clyde::abn: make a pink pony smiley
zacspet is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 12:54 PM   #113
Unregistered

Thumbs up Re: Ganz Announces Limited Re-Release of Retired Pets

i want the cheeky dog : )
Old 07-14-2010, 12:59 PM   #114
ill be lost w/o LOST
Gifted

Pixel Pony has a reputation beyond reputePixel Pony has a reputation beyond reputePixel Pony has a reputation beyond reputePixel Pony has a reputation beyond reputePixel Pony has a reputation beyond reputePixel Pony has a reputation beyond repute

View Post Originally Posted by miss spots
i have not gone wild on retired pets. the only one i did get was the sherbet bunny, and i paid 55 for it.
i have to agree with you that if ganz were to UNRETIRE those major league retired pets, there would probably be many to stand with you in that suit.
well it would just be sad and selfish of anyone who DID join in a Class Action lawsuit against Ganz. Really, common sense tells you they found extra stock and they need to move it. Any company would do that with extra stock.

A class action suit would be just the thing that Ganz would need to push thm to just take webkinz offline and then ALL webkinz lovers would be outta luck. Is this really what those of you who are fussing about the limited release REALLY want? Then all the $$$$ you have put into webkinz (not to mention the time and effort spent playing and building your wkw empire) would ALL be lost, just cause some greedy consumers got upset.
And really, these pets and their items are not all that sought after anyway. NONE of their psi's are really in high demand.

And, believe me, this is not the only example of people spending money for a collectible only to see it drop in value. It happens on many fronts and for many reasons. It is simply the CHANCE you take when YOU decide to pay a ridiculous amount of money for something.

Never did Ganz endorse the people who put these pets on ebay and the like and get a silly high price for them. Neither have they ever said buyers should pay a silly price for a webkinz.
View Post Originally Posted by wiiboy829
GUYS! Let's just roll with it.
My sentiments exactly! Stuff happens. Why get all worked up over a game?
View Post Originally Posted by laurenbay5
WHY WHY WHY couldn't they do the Love Puppy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well, probably because they didn't find a bunch of extra love puppies laying around. I highly doubt they have actually MADE new stock of all these re-released pets.
View Post Originally Posted by ♠sara♠
Ok, this makes me mad. i hope this doesn't become a regular thing. if they're just going to bring things back, values will go down. the reason certain things are so valuable is because you can't get them anymore.
It happens all the time in the real world of collecting ANYTHING. Not just a Ganz/Webkinz product. It is the risk you take if/when you decide to spend big money on a collectible, or trade big for an item in wkw. (and after all, the items are just pixels, people, remember? )
[QUOTE=jaspyr;20091226]
View Post Originally Posted by Animalia
Because bringing back super rare pets is selfish- think of all the people who paid hard earned $$$ for those pets only to have the newer people get them for.... what.... $12?
It will always be the more recent retired pets.
If there were to bring them back that would be like special treatment. Catering to the newer players. Def. not what a company should do.
I would smell class action. They would make, say, $50,000 off the cheekies and loves and sherbets. Then so many people would quit they would lose up to $100,000 a month. And if a law suit is involved possibly up to maybe $500,000. Not going to do that.

Plus I think it's selfish. I think the fair thing is everyone has to earn specific Webbies the same way.

Lots of extra stock... the Siggie Pig no one probably even requested.
As far as I know the siggy pig was never even specifically retired.
As far as "catering to the newer players" I don't believe Ganz is catering to any "group" of players....they have extra stock they need to sell.
And honestly, if you did a survey of ALL webkinz players, I would imagine there is a much larger group of newer players than older players, as folks loose interest and move on to a new hobby/game. (that is just my thoughts)
It is simple business smarts to know your biggest client base and keep them happy.
View Post Originally Posted by Nakisha
Agreed. I would be thrilled to see all the retired pets come back one by one, and then go retired again... etc. I never approved the ridiculous prices on ebay; this was a KIDS game. Kids don't have that money. And I don't think Webkinz should be for the rich amongst us.
And rare items are nice and all... but hey, we can get over that, can't we? Besides, don't we áll want those special items? I don't mind, personally. I got some ''highly valueable'' items and don't care if they go down in worth the least. I like sharing the joy.

No, bring them all back, let everybody enjoy all the webbies and make us all smile.
AGREED! As I've already stated, a decision to pay big bucks for a "collectable" item ALWAYS carries a risk, whether it is webkinz or not.
[QUOTE=Silver8328;20094014]
View Post Originally Posted by jaspyr
You don't think that you not wanting Ganz to re-release pets is being selfish? I think if anyone is being selfish it's those that don't want other people to get a chance at getting hard to find pets.

And yes lets think about those that spent all their hard earned money to buy them. It was their choice, no one forced them to grossly over pay for something. Ganz probably shouldn't of used the word retired if they had any intention of bringing them back but as far as we know they still are technically retired. Like many people have stated, Ganz just probably found left over stock and are trying to get rid of them. I highly doubt they are making more just to sell, which would be my definition of un-retiring. So my understanding is they still are retired they are just pushing old stock by making them sound special and "unretired". If they just happen to find left over stock of the cheekys or other rare pets then great and I hope they find enough for everyone who wants one.

I personally don't think Ganz will re-release those rare pets though. I think if they were going to do that they would of already. But I do like the idea of making lil versions with a different PSI.
Agreed again. I have traded BIG for some items, and I have paid more than I should have to get a Sherbet Bunny and a Pegasus, and even a Sunflower Lion code. But I knew when I made the choice to do so, that I was accepting the risk that those webkinz prices could one day be much less. The reason we even still see these pets available is because someone out there, or many someones, bought up a whole bunch of them just to make money on themat a later date. Now, what if THEY decided to flood the market at once with all of the them and the value of the precious Cheekys or Love Puppy went down??? THAT is the risk you take!
When you decide to pay big, you have to be ok with that decision no matter what comes in the future!

C'mon people.....it's a game, and to be devoted to a game/hobby we love, we have to be somewhat OCD about it, but it is really not worth it to threaten lawsuits, claim dishonesty, deceit and whatnot.

There are no guarantees in life, in or out of webkinz world.

Chill out a bit, enjoy your webbie game and webbie world for what it is at the moment, and if you are seriously THAT angry over a change to the webkinz universe, then maybe you should consider stepping away from the computer for a bit and evaluate the really important things in life and decide what is best for you, personally, for your entertainment needs.
Just cause the company has a limited release on some "retired" pets is no reason to "take them down" or ruin the fun for millions of other people by taking them to court!
Breathe.....in......breathe out.......cleansing breathes.......

it will be ok.......really it will!
Pixel Pony is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 01:13 PM   #115
idgie6

puppy girl is cool as a bunny clownpuppy girl is cool as a bunny clownpuppy girl is cool as a bunny clownpuppy girl is cool as a bunny clownpuppy girl is cool as a bunny clownpuppy girl is cool as a bunny clownpuppy girl is cool as a bunny clownpuppy girl is cool as a bunny clownpuppy girl is cool as a bunny clown

WI Subscriber

Is the Love puppy going to come back?? Cool idea other webkinz fan will love to have a webkinz that's Retired!
puppy girl is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 01:21 PM   #116

kirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owl
kirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owl

Donation Award 

I agree with the pros and cons of what Ganz has done. We have been on Webkinz for about a year and a half. We have never had the chance to get the REALLY RARE pets. I have seen the cheeky dog and cheeky cat for sale. The dog was $799.00 and the cat was $399.00. We could never afford this and I would never spend that kind of money, even if I had it. On the other hand if I had purchased these pets and they were released again, at the normal price, I would have a fit. I believe they found a bunch of these pets and want to force there retailers to take them, to sell. Many stores, where I have shopped, tell me they have no say in what Ganz sends them. They have to take what they get. I know the Crackerbarrel by me, is practically giving away the opposum, as they had to take so many of them. Reading again, there Feedback Friday, these were NOT the most requested pets. It also seems they made a decision really fast on this, because they knew what they were going to do, before they asked!!!! Feedback Friday is a joke!
kirtoglou is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 01:57 PM   #117

websy is the cats pajamas!websy is the cats pajamas!websy is the cats pajamas!websy is the cats pajamas!websy is the cats pajamas!websy is the cats pajamas!

I was hoping ganz would bring something back that you actually can't find!
FOR REAL! I saw the rhino at a STORE for $3! It's been retired for a long time now!
They still have the signature pig at American greetings. GRR...

Ganz was trying to be to safe on that one...
websy is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 02:01 PM   #118
Unregistered

I was thinking they were gonna sell Webkinz like the pink and white dog or the brown cow. It's kinda of disappointing but at least they are selling retired pets
Old 07-14-2010, 02:14 PM   #119
Gifted

hpharrypotterhp is a forum hero
hpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum hero

Okay, I'm definitely calming down now.
Some of the fun of WW is trying to find rare and retired stuff, or retired pets, etc. None of those webbies were ever really popular and I can still find them at my local Hallmark, so yes, I'm sure this really won't do anything but maybe make some people panic that they won't seem them again after this and buy them.

I very much doubt they will ever bring back one of those "enormous rarities". They would get a lot of compliants, and it just wouldn't be fun to see/have a Cheeky, Love Pup, Sherbet Bunny anymore. I mean, don't you get a rush of exhilaration when you see a Cheeky Dog in the trade rooms?

hpharrypotterhp is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 02:25 PM   #120
Steelers Nation

webkinzboy13 will become famous soon enough

i think that is a dumb idea if it is retired then they should not come back, bad idea on ganz' part
webkinzboy13 is offline Male Reply With Quote

Tags
4chocolate7, blooglej wuz here hahaha

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: