Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-24-2009, 02:19 AM   #281
biggreenmonster518
Gifted

prettyirishgirl has much to be proud ofprettyirishgirl has much to be proud ofprettyirishgirl has much to be proud ofprettyirishgirl has much to be proud ofprettyirishgirl has much to be proud of

Default Re: Ganz Announces Find a Rare Diamond Contest *UPDATE*

View Post Originally Posted by Twizzlerz
how long after refreshing should one wait before refreshing again?
it is pretty immediate - if its not there when done loading go ahead and try again
prettyirishgirl is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-24-2009, 02:20 AM   #282
Webkinz :)

kkww05 rocks our collective sockskkww05 rocks our collective sockskkww05 rocks our collective sockskkww05 rocks our collective sockskkww05 rocks our collective sockskkww05 rocks our collective sockskkww05 rocks our collective sockskkww05 rocks our collective sockskkww05 rocks our collective socks

View Post Originally Posted by rayleigh14
It actually doesn't use FOIL (FOIL is for multiplying two algebraic equations, for instance (x-2)*(x+3)), but it does use order of operations (PEMDAS--parentheses, exponents, multiplication, division, addition, subtraction). I agree that it's age inappropriate for the younger kids, but the math geek in me just had to clarify
Lol, at least I'm not the only geek here! (see a couple posts above yours)

Also, WW is back up now and I just tried the second code I got, and this time it worked! Yay! To everyone who hasn't gotten one yet, don't give up! And thanks to everyone who had great tips on how to find the diamonds!
kkww05 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 02:21 AM   #283
Gift Guru

asterravos is cool as a bunny clownasterravos is cool as a bunny clownasterravos is cool as a bunny clownasterravos is cool as a bunny clownasterravos is cool as a bunny clownasterravos is cool as a bunny clownasterravos is cool as a bunny clownasterravos is cool as a bunny clownasterravos is cool as a bunny clown

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by kkww05
It is really upsetting that they are responding in that way to people who are unfortunate enough to get one of the used codes...I am one of those people, and my DD was devastated! It took us over an hour of clicking to get it!

I agree that this game is unfair to younger players, and they do say that no one under 18 is allowed to enter the contest. I thought Webkinz is supposed to be for kids? However, FOIL is not needed for this math problem, order of operations (PEMDAS) is. Sorry, I'm just a nerd and studying to be a future teacher, I don't mean to be patronizing...
View Post Originally Posted by rayleigh14
It actually doesn't use FOIL (FOIL is for multiplying two algebraic equations, for instance (x-2)*(x+3)), but it does use order of operations (PEMDAS--parentheses, exponents, multiplication, division, addition, subtraction). I agree that it's age inappropriate for the younger kids, but the math geek in me just had to clarify

Thanks for the math lessons, now I officially feel pathetic. I knew FOIL didn't sound right but it was all I could think of off the top of my head. We don't use simple acronyms in college calc! It's sad that I knew it was 'please excuse my dear aunt sally' but wrote FOIL anyway. Oh well. Either one I don't expect small children to know. I don't even expect them to know division or multiplication.

I hope everyone is getting lots of diamonds/dresses still! And for those with used codes, keep trying!
asterravos is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 02:21 AM   #284
ho's a lurkyloo?
Gift Guru

mathmom2 is an unparalleled talent
mathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talent

Donation Level 2 

View Post Originally Posted by asterravos
The answer is 1 (just in case you need additional help). I think it's very unfair of Ganz to expect the age range they target to be able to do this math problem that requires both the use of FOIL and more complex numbers.
No FOIL was needed, just order of operations ... they learn that in the 4th grade.
mathmom2 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 02:22 AM   #285
Call me Zingy ;)
Banned
zingyginger is a WI addict!
zingyginger is a WI addict!zingyginger is a WI addict!zingyginger is a WI addict!zingyginger is a WI addict!zingyginger is a WI addict!zingyginger is a WI addict!zingyginger is a WI addict!

Kinda late coming here but how do I get the diamond to appear?
zingyginger is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 02:22 AM   #286
Im Done 'Wif

Princess_Starr. has much to be proud ofPrincess_Starr. has much to be proud ofPrincess_Starr. has much to be proud ofPrincess_Starr. has much to be proud ofPrincess_Starr. has much to be proud of

I'm hoping that this contest isn't like the flying rug one where it was impossible to win anything.. I'm crossing my fingers hoping that I'll win something!
Thanks for posting this up! You guys always are the best with getting news up. =]
Princess_Starr. is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 02:22 AM   #287
ho's a lurkyloo?
Gift Guru

mathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talent

Donation Level 2 

View Post Originally Posted by zingyginger
Kinda late coming here but how do I get the diamond to appear?
It just does. Go to the main page and look, if not there, refresh.
Old 10-24-2009, 02:23 AM   #288
Gift Guru

asterravos is cool as a bunny clownasterravos is cool as a bunny clownasterravos is cool as a bunny clownasterravos is cool as a bunny clownasterravos is cool as a bunny clownasterravos is cool as a bunny clownasterravos is cool as a bunny clownasterravos is cool as a bunny clownasterravos is cool as a bunny clown

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by mathmom2
No FOIL was needed, just order of operations ... they learn that in the 4th grade.
Blah, I just can't get away with anything I clearly need to revisit simple math before continuing on in college calc.
asterravos is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 02:23 AM   #289

kkww05 rocks our collective sockskkww05 rocks our collective sockskkww05 rocks our collective sockskkww05 rocks our collective sockskkww05 rocks our collective sockskkww05 rocks our collective sockskkww05 rocks our collective sockskkww05 rocks our collective sockskkww05 rocks our collective socks

Thanks for the math lessons, now I officially feel pathetic. I knew FOIL didn't sound right but it was all I could think of off the top of my head. We don't use simple acronyms in college calc!

I hope everyone is getting lots of diamonds/dresses still! And for those with used codes, keep trying! It's sad that I knew it was 'please excuse my dear aunt sally' but wrote FOIL anyway. Oh well. Either one I don't expect small children to know. I don't even expect them to know division or multiplication.

Aw, don't feel bad! They look pretty similar, and younger kids really wouldn't know how to do either one. I'm just a nerd!
kkww05 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 02:25 AM   #290
ho's a lurkyloo?
Gift Guru

Donation Level 2 

Blah, I just can't get away with anything I clearly need to revisit simple math before continuing on in college calc.
My friend has a 4th grader, the only reason I know that's when it's taught .. I have had to help her w/ her homework. lol

Calc is much different. Not a ton of basic math going on in there. Tons of algebra though.

Tags
310webkinzloveshorses!, 82 dress 20 bad codes, all hail mr. burrito, bear10176 was here!!!, cheese, cutiecutepie(:, devil queen, ihacoks got dresses, im at 72dresses, save snow white

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: