Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-30-2010, 06:52 PM   #81
Webkinz :)

Doggyfan is not just visiting!Doggyfan is not just visiting!Doggyfan is not just visiting!Doggyfan is not just visiting!Doggyfan is not just visiting!Doggyfan is not just visiting!Doggyfan is not just visiting!Doggyfan is not just visiting!Doggyfan is not just visiting!Doggyfan is not just visiting!Doggyfan is not just visiting!

Default Re: Ganz Announces Biggest Webkinz Fan Youtube Contest

I'm just shocked! You know the main person at Gantz had to approve this and I think they are out of their mind. They must be getting paid to run these contest to get people to sign up for twitter and utube. I don't consider utube to be a safe site and basically what Gantz has done by posting this contest is direct their main customer (underage children) to an unsafe place. We had people we knew from our neighborhood that were getting divorced and when they seperated their 2 young girls started making videos and putting them on utube (it's amazing to me that kids know how to do all this), they would show their rooms and their whole house, I was shocked. I eventually brought it to the parents attention and they had them pull the videos and cancel their account but I can only imagine the preditors that watched (innocent videos but they gave their names and even had other neighbors children on when they came over to visit without their parents knowing). I only knew because my daughter told me what they were doing and I had explained to her how dangerous utube is. It makes you wonder what type of people Gantz has hired that have come up with these ideas to post on these sites. Thirteen years and up, that's a preditors dream come true, underage teenagers. Gantz you really need to stop and consider what you're doing and how this is going to reflect on you as a company geared toward children.
Doggyfan is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-30-2010, 06:54 PM   #82

SillyMili10 will become famous soon enough

View Post Originally Posted by dustysky
Ok I just do not understand why they are trying SO hard to make this site more for adults then kids!!!
If I was a parent who was NOT a webkinz fan and was asked to help with this I would have to say, the odds would be good I would not be doing it. NOT because I am a mean Mom, but because if you do not play you have NO idea how "into" it we get.

Anyways I just wish this twitter, youtube etc tec stuff would stop.
Ya, I totally agree.I mean, webkinz has kids around the ages of 8,9,10, etc, and even *edited - please do NOT reveal your age. This is personal information --Missgnomie*

Last edited by MissGnomie; 03-30-2010 at 08:04 PM..
SillyMili10 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 06:57 PM   #83
-Alicia‚ô•

teaandpizza defies all odds
teaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all odds

Sounds cute, might do it..
teaandpizza is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 07:02 PM   #84
ebheads love

rollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshine
rollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshine

View Post Originally Posted by Doggyfan
I'm just shocked! You know the main person at Gantz had to approve this and I think they are out of their mind. They must be getting paid to run these contest to get people to sign up for twitter and utube. I don't consider utube to be a safe site and basically what Gantz has done by posting this contest is direct their main customer (underage children) to an unsafe place. We had people we knew from our neighborhood that were getting divorced and when they seperated their 2 young girls started making videos and putting them on utube (it's amazing to me that kids know how to do all this), they would show their rooms and their whole house, I was shocked. I eventually brought it to the parents attention and they had them pull the videos and cancel their account but I can only imagine the preditors that watched (innocent videos but they gave their names and even had other neighbors children on when they came over to visit without their parents knowing). I only knew because my daughter told me what they were doing and I had explained to her how dangerous utube is. It makes you wonder what type of people Gantz has hired that have come up with these ideas to post on these sites. Thirteen years and up, that's a preditors dream come true, underage teenagers. Gantz you really need to stop and consider what you're doing and how this is going to reflect on you as a company geared toward children.
Wow this is what I am talking about. Some parents don't know what their kids are doing and I don't think it is a good idea.

People are saying that they are a company and they need to think like a business. Yes, but when your business is about kids, children, 3-6 and 7-13, those kids can't go on these sites. You have to think about the integrity of your company too!

I was told that they pulled the original "Wishing Well" from the site because parents thought it was too much like gambling. Maybe they will rethink this idea too.
rollingfur is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 07:06 PM   #85

supergirl1990 will become famous soon enough

I'm sooooooooooooo excited!!!! Too bad I'm only **.... He he but I''ll get my ** year old webkinz loving sister to help!!!! I am thinking of doing it with me my friend Emma, my friend Sara and as I said befor my sister!!! We are weird and entertaining!!!! (Is that good in a bad or good way I may nevere know!!!!) Anyway this will be a lot of fun!!! Thanks Ganz may the best win!!!! (LOL and that will be mez!!!! ) # of times ! was used 31!!! oops 34. :gwolf:

View Post Originally Posted by supergirl1990
I'm sooooooooooooo excited!!!! Too bad I'm only **.... He he but I''ll get my ** year old webkinz loving sister to help!!!! I am thinking of doing it with me my friend Emma, my friend Sara and as I said befor my sister!!! We are weird and entertaining!!!! (Is that good in a bad or good way I may nevere know!!!!) Anyway this will be a lot of fun!!! Thanks Ganz may the best win!!!! (LOL and that will be mez!!!! ) # of times ! was used 31!!! oops 34. :gwolf:
Sorry when I said "is that GOOD in a bad..." I meant to say "is that WEIRD in a bad..." Oh well

Never EVER give out your age or the age of others on WI. This is for your own safety. Thanks -- JacksMom

Last edited by JacksMom; 03-30-2010 at 07:42 PM..
supergirl1990 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 07:12 PM   #86
ebheads love

rollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshine
rollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshine

Well here is the ad. Please be safe when making this video. DO NOT USE PERSONAL INFORMATION! If you are under 18 ask your parents FIRST!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpguntitled.JPG (137.6 KB, 13 views)
rollingfur is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 07:34 PM   #87

hiphopten wears the mantle of perfection with gracehiphopten wears the mantle of perfection with gracehiphopten wears the mantle of perfection with gracehiphopten wears the mantle of perfection with gracehiphopten wears the mantle of perfection with gracehiphopten wears the mantle of perfection with gracehiphopten wears the mantle of perfection with grace

This is really bothersome to me and just from reading the last page of this thread, I see Im not alone. Bravo!

Does Ganz think the average ww player is old enough to be directed towards Utube?? I thought Twitter encouragement was bad but anyone familiar with Utube knows this is wrong!

And kids will go and do it...even though the ask your parents thing is there and the age requirement.

Im on a mostly adult forum and we did not encourage this for the handful of kids there. WI is a huge forum full of kids and I hope everyone is careful and Ganz really rethinks this in the future!!
hiphopten is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 07:46 PM   #88
Diabetes Awareness

DogLUVR rules the roostDogLUVR rules the roostDogLUVR rules the roostDogLUVR rules the roostDogLUVR rules the roostDogLUVR rules the roostDogLUVR rules the roostDogLUVR rules the roostDogLUVR rules the roostDogLUVR rules the roostDogLUVR rules the roostDogLUVR rules the roost

I TOTALLY agree! This "sounds" like a cool idea, but GANZ is for kids!!!! Kids should NOT be using a site like youtube!Sure yutube has its own blocks to prevent kids from seeing certain videos, but there is still tons of stuff out there that slips through these filters. I'm not sure GANZ thought this one through
DogLUVR is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 08:02 PM   #89
God made u beautiful
Gifted

webbieluvr1924 is a forum hero
webbieluvr1924 is a forum herowebbieluvr1924 is a forum herowebbieluvr1924 is a forum herowebbieluvr1924 is a forum herowebbieluvr1924 is a forum herowebbieluvr1924 is a forum herowebbieluvr1924 is a forum herowebbieluvr1924 is a forum herowebbieluvr1924 is a forum herowebbieluvr1924 is a forum herowebbieluvr1924 is a forum herowebbieluvr1924 is a forum hero

I see all the parent's points on this thread. Being a kid, even I agree. I'm not allowed on YouTube whenever I want, and I think that this is really unfair for kids like me. (GANZ is being unfair, not the parents ). The site can be really inappropriate and GANZ shouldn't be encouraging kids to go on it.

Originally Posted by webkinznewz
If you are under the age of 13, please ask your parents for permission before continuing.
Does GANZ really think that kids are going to listen to this?

Last edited by webbieluvr1924; 03-30-2010 at 08:02 PM..
webbieluvr1924 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 08:05 PM   #90

MissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck Norris
MissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck Norris

Please remember not to post personal information -- this includes your age, or the age of an older/younger sibling.
MissGnomie is offline Female Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: