Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-30-2010, 05:36 PM   #71
Jenna.....
Banned
WebkinzFireFawn is not just visiting!WebkinzFireFawn is not just visiting!WebkinzFireFawn is not just visiting!WebkinzFireFawn is not just visiting!WebkinzFireFawn is not just visiting!WebkinzFireFawn is not just visiting!WebkinzFireFawn is not just visiting!WebkinzFireFawn is not just visiting!WebkinzFireFawn is not just visiting!WebkinzFireFawn is not just visiting!WebkinzFireFawn is not just visiting!WebkinzFireFawn is not just visiting!

Default Re: Ganz Announces Biggest Webkinz Fan Youtube Contest

Oh my gosh! i'm going to explode right now!

I'm sick and tired of Ganz making contests that i can't enter, i REALLY want one of those Pegasus and i'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOO angry that i can't get one!

Ganz is thinking poorly, really? YOUTUBE? out of all places, it just has to be YouTube.

Sigh. .
WebkinzFireFawn is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-30-2010, 05:38 PM   #72
oo i'm a

smileybrowndog is an unknown quantity at this point

View Post Originally Posted by WebkinzFireFawn
Oh my gosh! i'm going to explode right now!

I'm sick and tired of Ganz making contests that i can't enter, i REALLY want one of those Pegasus and i'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOO angry that i can't get one!

Ganz is thinking poorly, really? YOUTUBE? out of all places, it just has to be YouTube.

Sigh. .
I totally agree with you.
smileybrowndog is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 05:38 PM   #73
Jenna.....
Banned
WebkinzFireFawn is not just visiting!WebkinzFireFawn is not just visiting!WebkinzFireFawn is not just visiting!WebkinzFireFawn is not just visiting!WebkinzFireFawn is not just visiting!WebkinzFireFawn is not just visiting!WebkinzFireFawn is not just visiting!WebkinzFireFawn is not just visiting!WebkinzFireFawn is not just visiting!WebkinzFireFawn is not just visiting!WebkinzFireFawn is not just visiting!WebkinzFireFawn is not just visiting!

View Post Originally Posted by WebkinzMom28
Ok...I have to agree with some of the other posts. What happened to WW being a children's site?? These contests that are on twitter & you tube are definitely not for children! I'm a mom and love my webkinz, but I never loose site of who Webkinz was created for..it wasn't adults!

My children are not allowed on you tube as it is very unsafe in my opinion and so how do I tell DD that she can't enter this contest either? She wants one of the Sparkling Pegasus so bad and she will be heart broken to think this is another contest she won't have a chance at.

Ganz what is going on with your thinking? What happened to having our children's best interest at heart and protecting our children? As I appreciate all the contests and chances to win things, like click to win ect. You need to go back to thinking of our children's best interest instead of your profits!

As much as myself and my daughter love the estore pets and the Pegasus, we will not be entering this contest. With all the creative minds there at Ganz, there has to be someone who can come up with some fun and exciting contests geared more for our children!

Good luck to all who enter and I pray everyone stays safe in the process!
Agreed mom, agreed.
WebkinzFireFawn is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 05:40 PM   #74
Webkinz :)

brtswim knows the way
brtswim knows the way

This is awesome! I love webkinz so much, I already started on my video!
brtswim is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 05:41 PM   #75
Gifted

iluvwebkinz414 knows the way
iluvwebkinz414 knows the wayiluvwebkinz414 knows the wayiluvwebkinz414 knows the way

Smile Re: Ganz Announces Biggest Webkinz Fan Youtube Contest

[QUOTE=rollingfur;18873228]I will say I know that you don't have to show your face. However some people, kids, might not stop and think about that. Lets hope that they do.

My whole issue is the door that YouTube opens. On the right hand side it offers videos that might relate to the topic you are viewing. Within a couple of clicks you can be in a very bad place. This is not safe for children. I don't think it is even a safe place for me.QUOTE]

Exactly. Youtube can lead to some pretty innapropriate things. I'm still going to enter, but without giving out personal info. Good luck to anyone else who decides to enter!
iluvwebkinz414 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 06:00 PM   #76
ebheads love

rollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshine
rollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshine

View Post Originally Posted by CheekyDB
I do have webkinz videos now, that I have posted on youtube. So I will be thinking of something to do to enter for this contest. I also made a special website that my videos are embedded in, so that someone doesn't have to go to youtube to view them.

Even the state government I work for has videos on youtube. More and more companies are putting things up there. And I have searched for many things, craft instructions, outtakes from favorite TV shows, and other topics and have rarely seen anything inappropriate. However, I am old enough to know better than to click on something without reading it first! Kids should have supervision when using the Internet. So your young kids aren't allowed on youtube. Good for you (and them), but let them watch some things while you are there with them. What a great opportunity to point out what your values and standards are! In fact the few things I have seen that I would consider inappropriate are things when a young child has a video with their face and personal information. It is worse that this is happening more with our teenagers -- take this opportunity to teach this to your children now! Don't just ban them from using the site, use it for education as well as entertainment -- while you are sitting there with them. Soon, if not already, they will be able to view it at someone else's house. Teach them now!

I have no problem with Ganz wanting to use youtube or twitter to promote their site/products as long as there are plenty of other opportunities for contests for the younger webkinz players to enter. Younger kids can enter this one if their parents help them. Yes, I know many parents will not have time/interest in doing that. So this contest isn't for everyone. Not everything has to be for everyone. A few earlier posts complained about the ads on the site now -- let me ask -- do you buy everything that your kids see advertized on TV? Why shouldn't Ganz advertize their new pets or their estore items? They are a business you know.

I love this website. We can all state our thoughts and have conversations. I love it. Ok so when I started posted I was thinking strickly about my 7 year old neighbor that is like a family member. The fact that we just told her YouTube is bad and now a contest on YouTube it made me mad! I didn't think about the teenagers. I was in a tunnel. Ok so if you are 13 and older this would be a good oppertunity for parents to help their kids learn. My issue is that the parents around my area and in my life let their kids do what they want.

However, if you are under 13 I don't know how I feel. When my neighbor is at my house I am running around and I try to watch her on the internet, but yesterday I was catching the middle of the videos and I stopped her. I don't know if most of the WW parents are on here reading about how this could be an educational experience. The ones on here are smart and will help and teach their kids. It is just an opening to a dangerous place.

I will be honest I go to YouTube all the time to see something from a movie, video, tv show, etc. I just did it to see the "dude and sweet" part of Dude Where's My Car. However, I knew what to look for.

If you are a kid, be safe, don't put anything personal and only look at videos for Webkinz.

[/QUOTE] Exactly. Youtube can lead to some pretty innapropriate things. I'm still going to enter, but without giving out personal info. Good luck to anyone else who decides to enter! [/QUOTE]

Good luck with the video. Be sure that if you are under 18 you don't show your face or give out personal information. you can make a great video without yourself in it.

Be safe and don't view any bad videos.

Last edited by rollingfur; 03-30-2010 at 06:00 PM..
rollingfur is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 06:10 PM   #77
Majesty84

Arte's Fan is a creator of wonder
Arte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonder

I agree with those that are upset. But, luckily we have a chance at winning a pegasus on webkinz day.
Arte's Fan is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 06:13 PM   #78

CheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of Awesome
CheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of Awesome

WI Subscriber

View Post Originally Posted by rollingfur
. . .

If you are a kid, be safe, don't put anything personal and only look at videos for Webkinz.
Good advice. And I agree with your post.

I know that some forums allow videos to be embedded. Maybe (since things are heading more and more in that direction!) we will be able to do that here one day.

I wish all forums were more careful. Whether or not they are for kids I get nervous when I see people post personal information. We seem to do very well here on WI with great discussions, most revolving around webkinz, sometimes sharing general personal information (favorite subjects in school, weather in the general part of the country we live in, etc.) without needing to post our full names, addresses, credit history etc. Wish all forums were that good about guarding and educating their members. Perhaps we can start educating our members about some of the other sites out there like twitter and youtube -- ?

Last edited by CheekyDB; 03-30-2010 at 06:35 PM.. Reason: fix typo
CheekyDB is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 06:13 PM   #79
Bunny was awesome!
Gift Guru

kinzmom1924 is a forum hero
kinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum hero

WI Subscriber

View Post Originally Posted by dustysky
Ok I just do not understand why they are trying SO hard to make this site more for adults then kids!!!
If I was a parent who was NOT a webkinz fan and was asked to help with this I would have to say, the odds would be good I would not be doing it. NOT because I am a mean Mom, but because if you do not play you have NO idea how "into" it we get.

Anyways I just wish this twitter, youtube etc tec stuff would stop.
I second that! I do not allow my kids to have twitter accounts, facebook, myspace pages, or go to youtube. When my kiddos asked about going on youtube for the first time about a year ago, I told them I would have to see it myself first. When I got on and saw that there were things right on the front page because they were popular videos that I did not want my kids to see I told them not in this lifetime! They are not allowed to view what's there, let alone post images of themselves for who knows who to see.

Why, why, why is Ganz encouraging these kids to go out and get twitter accounts and put things on youtube to try to get special prizes? Do they get some kind of kickback for it or something? Are they now saying that their target demographic is 13 years and older?

I am not pleased with this at all and I started a twitter account just so I could post my distaste of all of this. I am drawing the line in the sand. No twitter, no youtube. It stops at WW and WI. And even now, I am starting to doubt the money I spend on more webkinz if this is the turn it's taking.

Just my two cents. (I found a penny in the wash today, so I was able to add it to the one cent I had and post my opinion. lol!)
kinzmom1924 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 06:24 PM   #80
ebheads love

rollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshine
rollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshine

View Post Originally Posted by CheekyDB
Good advice. And I agree with your post.

I know that some forums allow videos to be embedded. Maybe (since things are heading more and more in that direction!) we will be able to do that here one day.

I wish all forums were more careful. Whether or not they are for kids I get nervous when I see people post personal information. We seem to do very well here on WI with great discussions, most revolving around webkinz, sometimes sharing general personal information (favorite subjects in school, weather in the general part of the country we live in, etc.) without needing to post our full names, addresses, credit history etc. Wish all forums were that good about guarding and educating their members. Perhaps we can start educationg our members about some of the other sites out there like twitter and youtube -- ?
I completely agree! On this site when something mean or not nice is said it is deleted by a mod before you can even respond. On other sites it isn't that way. Take facebook for example. My neighbor is a stay at home mom, no offence to anyone, my mom was a stay at home mom and I work from home. However, my point is that she has tought herself how to use a computer. She lets her daughter on, the 7 year old, because they learn about them in school. A friend told my neighbor that she should join facebook to keep in touch with people back North. She got on, started posting pictures and hanging out. I told her that she should make all of her pictures of her daughter private. She didn't know what I was talking about. I started telling her about people online and all the junk going on. She was shocked. Now think about if a parent doesn't know about YouTube and lets their kids on...

JUST BE CAREFUL. EVERYONE!

View Post Originally Posted by kinzmom1924
I second that! I do not allow my kids to have twitter accounts, facebook, myspace pages, or go to youtube. When my kiddos asked about going on youtube for the first time about a year ago, I told them I would have to see it myself first. When I got on and saw that there were things right on the front page because they were popular videos that I did not want my kids to see I told them not in this lifetime! They are not allowed to view what's there, let alone post images of themselves for who knows who to see.

Why, why, why is Ganz encouraging these kids to go out and get twitter accounts and put things on youtube to try to get special prizes? Do they get some kind of kickback for it or something? Are they now saying that their target demographic is 13 years and older?

I am not pleased with this at all and I started a twitter account just so I could post my distaste of all of this. I am drawing the line in the sand. No twitter, no youtube. It stops at WW and WI. And even now, I am starting to doubt the money I spend on more webkinz if this is the turn it's taking.

Just my two cents. (I found a penny in the wash today, so I was able to add it to the one cent I had and post my opinion. lol!)
You made me laugh. I am an adult and I only go on YouTube if I am looking for something specific. I don't look around or watch the strange stuff.
rollingfur is offline Female Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: