Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-30-2010, 04:19 PM   #61
WebkinzMom1028
Webkinz :)

WebkinzMom28 will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Ganz Announces Biggest Webkinz Fan Youtube Contest

Ok...I have to agree with some of the other posts. What happened to WW being a children's site?? These contests that are on twitter & you tube are definitely not for children! I'm a mom and love my webkinz, but I never loose site of who Webkinz was created for..it wasn't adults!

My children are not allowed on you tube as it is very unsafe in my opinion and so how do I tell DD that she can't enter this contest either? She wants one of the Sparkling Pegasus so bad and she will be heart broken to think this is another contest she won't have a chance at.

Ganz what is going on with your thinking? What happened to having our children's best interest at heart and protecting our children? As I appreciate all the contests and chances to win things, like click to win ect. You need to go back to thinking of our children's best interest instead of your profits!

As much as myself and my daughter love the estore pets and the Pegasus, we will not be entering this contest. With all the creative minds there at Ganz, there has to be someone who can come up with some fun and exciting contests geared more for our children!

Good luck to all who enter and I pray everyone stays safe in the process!
WebkinzMom28 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-30-2010, 04:25 PM   #62
ebheads love

rollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshine
rollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshine

View Post Originally Posted by WebkinzMom28
Ok...I have to agree with some of the other posts. What happened to WW being a children's site?? These contests that are on twitter & you tube are definitely not for children! I'm a mom and love my webkinz, but I never loose site of who Webkinz was created for..it wasn't adults!

My children are not allowed on you tube as it is very unsafe in my opinion and so how do I tell DD that she can't enter this contest either? She wants one of the Sparkling Pegasus so bad and she will be heart broken to think this is another contest she won't have a chance at.

Ganz what is going on with your thinking? What happened to having our children's best interest at heart and protecting our children? As I appreciate all the contests and chances to win things, like click to win ect. You need to go back to thinking of our children's best interest instead of your profits!

As much as myself and my daughter love the estore pets and the Pegasus, we will not be entering this contest. With all the creative minds there at Ganz, there has to be someone who can come up with some fun and exciting contests geared more for our children!

Good luck to all who enter and I pray everyone stays safe in the process!
Totally agree! The issue here is that one of the prizes is the Pegasus. So it is going to be one of those things where the thought of it being YouTube, might slip peoples minds because of the prize. I was playing on YouTube and ventured into xrated areas. Think of how fast that is for kids to do too.

A video would be soooo fun for kids to make, but there should be a different place then YouTube. I know there isn't a place, but I am just saying.
rollingfur is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 04:33 PM   #63
crybaby
Gifted
889wlry has accomplished something fantabulous
889wlry has accomplished something fantabulous889wlry has accomplished something fantabulous889wlry has accomplished something fantabulous889wlry has accomplished something fantabulous889wlry has accomplished something fantabulous889wlry has accomplished something fantabulous889wlry has accomplished something fantabulous

My daughter and I play Webkinz together, but this is a contest we won't enter. As a CC, we don't spend time on YouTube because nobody edits what can be posted. This contest was not a good idea by Ganz. Who are they marketing to, exactly? This just makes this website more enticing to children. But what I find almost laughable is trying to appease with the other contest. Come on, just one winner, and are all the people who enter the video contest going to be able to enter this one too? What a joke.
889wlry is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 04:39 PM   #64
Spook is my

batguy will become famous soon enough

first i can't go on youtube it won't work on my computer
then i don't even have a camara!!
batguy is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 04:40 PM   #65
crybaby
Gifted
889wlry has accomplished something fantabulous
889wlry has accomplished something fantabulous889wlry has accomplished something fantabulous889wlry has accomplished something fantabulous889wlry has accomplished something fantabulous889wlry has accomplished something fantabulous889wlry has accomplished something fantabulous889wlry has accomplished something fantabulous

Just another thought... kudos to WI!! Ganz should get some contest ideas from the members here. Guess the Picture, Scavenger Hunt, etc... What great ideas! At least we can keep playing the games here. Thanks WI!!
889wlry is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 04:44 PM   #66
Gifted

iluvwebkinz414 is sweet stuff
iluvwebkinz414 is sweet stuffiluvwebkinz414 is sweet stuffiluvwebkinz414 is sweet stuffiluvwebkinz414 is sweet stuffiluvwebkinz414 is sweet stuff

Smile Re: Ganz Announces Biggest Webkinz Fan Youtube Contest

I'm not really opposed to the contest. It doesn't require showing yourself and giving out personal information. If you do have a young child who wants to enter, just have the parent sign up and help them film a video of them showing off their Webkinz collection without showing anyone's face or saying names or anything.. It's also a great way to get new members to Webkinz and to branch out to teen and adult players.
iluvwebkinz414 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 04:55 PM   #67
Gift Guru

CrystalFlute is the bees knees!CrystalFlute is the bees knees!CrystalFlute is the bees knees!CrystalFlute is the bees knees!CrystalFlute is the bees knees!CrystalFlute is the bees knees!CrystalFlute is the bees knees!

Good luck to everyone who participates. I'm sure there will be some impressive videos made that we will see a lot of in webkinz promotional ads and videos.

Just be safe and protect your privacy when making your videos!

Last edited by CrystalFlute; 03-30-2010 at 05:11 PM..
CrystalFlute is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 05:14 PM   #68
ebheads love

rollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshine
rollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshine

View Post Originally Posted by iluvwebkinz414
I'm not really opposed to the contest. It doesn't require showing yourself and giving out personal information. If you do have a young child who wants to enter, just have the parent sign up and help them film a video of them showing off their Webkinz collection without showing anyone's face or saying names or anything.. It's also a great way to get new members to Webkinz and to branch out to teen and adult players.
I will say I know that you don't have to show your face. However some people, kids, might not stop and think about that. Lets hope that they do.

My whole issue is the door that YouTube opens. On the right hand side it offers videos that might relate to the topic you are viewing. Within a couple of clicks you can be in a very bad place. This is not safe for children. I don't think it is even a safe place for me.

View Post Originally Posted by CrystalFlute
Good luck to everyone who participates. I'm sure there will be some impressive videos made that we will see a lot of in webkinz promotional ads and videos.

Just be safe and protect your privacy when making your videos!
Where did you post go? It was a good one!

I agree, if you choose to do this contest be safe. If you choose to help your kids or a friend be safe. Do not wonder around the site and do not give personal information!
rollingfur is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 05:27 PM   #69

CheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of Awesome
CheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of Awesome

WI Subscriber

I do have webkinz videos now, that I have posted on youtube. So I will be thinking of something to do to enter for this contest. I also made a special website that my videos are embedded in, so that someone doesn't have to go to youtube to view them.

Even the state government I work for has videos on youtube. More and more companies are putting things up there. And I have searched for many things, craft instructions, outtakes from favorite TV shows, and other topics and have rarely seen anything inappropriate. However, I am old enough to know better than to click on something without reading it first! Kids should have supervision when using the Internet. So your young kids aren't allowed on youtube. Good for you (and them), but let them watch some things while you are there with them. What a great opportunity to point out what your values and standards are! In fact the few things I have seen that I would consider inappropriate are things when a young child has a video with their face and personal information. It is worse that this is happening more with our teenagers -- take this opportunity to teach this to your children now! Don't just ban them from using the site, use it for education as well as entertainment -- while you are sitting there with them. Soon, if not already, they will be able to view it at someone else's house. Teach them now!

I have no problem with Ganz wanting to use youtube or twitter to promote their site/products as long as there are plenty of other opportunities for contests for the younger webkinz players to enter. Younger kids can enter this one if their parents help them. Yes, I know many parents will not have time/interest in doing that. So this contest isn't for everyone. Not everything has to be for everyone. A few earlier posts complained about the ads on the site now -- let me ask -- do you buy everything that your kids see advertized on TV? Why shouldn't Ganz advertize their new pets or their estore items? They are a business you know.
CheekyDB is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 05:35 PM   #70
oo i'm a

smileybrowndog is an unknown quantity at this point

This will be very interesting. I am so entering! But seriously, there are younger kids who's parents don't let them have a youtube accounts or twitter accounts. GANZ/Webkinz should really consider just filling out entries or making videos and sending it to the Webinz website.
smileybrowndog is offline Female Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: