Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-30-2010, 12:35 PM   #21

CheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of Awesome
CheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of Awesome

WI Subscriber
Default Re: Ganz Announces Biggest Webkinz Fan Youtube Contest

Well, I have to put my thinking cap on for this one! I can't see the video that is out there (blocked at work), so can't wait till I get home!

At least I already have things on youtube. I agree with many of the earlier posts about how this seems not quite the right venue for a contest. But maybe they are just mixing it up. They know a lot of us use various sites and tools on the internet, and want to test the waters. It will get them more publicity. Not a bad thing from their standpoint.

But not all webkinz players can enter. With this in mind perhaps they should have some contests limited to younger players. Oh well, maybe just LOTS MORE CONTESTS. We will be so busy we won't notice/care that we can't enter all of them!
CheekyDB is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-30-2010, 12:38 PM   #22
blessedx5
Gift Guru

blessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable character
blessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable character

I have to agree that it is pretty unfair to the kids. I was going to say that if I wasn't a webbie mom myself I probably wouldn't let my kids enter this one.But the truth is I AM a webbie mom AND I still am probably NOT going to let them enter.

My reasons are pretty simple.
1. My kids are not allowed to go to youtube anyways. As far as I am concerned it is unsafe and has unsuitable content that is too easily accessed thus the 13 and over rule. i won't even get into viruses etc.
and
2. Most decent videos made about the "biggest webkinz fan" are probably going to have to show that fan. I certainly do not want a video of my kids floating around the internet as well as encouraging people to view it. I have not checked the rules about this yet so hopefully there is something about no actual people or something. Could you imagine a WI member winning and not even being able to show the video here because it would violate the rules. LOL

Somedays I really wish Ganz would go back to being for kids.
blessedx5 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 01:00 PM   #23
Wacky Holidays!
Webkinz :)

SnowCrystal is stuck on replay
SnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replay

View Post Originally Posted by blessedx5
I have to agree that it is pretty unfair to the kids. I was going to say that if I wasn't a webbie mom myself I probably wouldn't let my kids enter this one.But the truth is I AM a webbie mom AND I still am probably NOT going to let them enter.

My reasons are pretty simple.
1. My kids are not allowed to go to youtube anyways. As far as I am concerned it is unsafe and has unsuitable content that is too easily accessed thus the 13 and over rule. i won't even get into viruses etc.
and
2. Most decent videos made about the "biggest webkinz fan" are probably going to have to show that fan. I certainly do not want a video of my kids floating around the internet as well as encouraging people to view it. I have not checked the rules about this yet so hopefully there is something about no actual people or something. Could you imagine a WI member winning and not even being able to show the video here because it would violate the rules. LOL

Somedays I really wish Ganz would go back to being for kids.
It is nice that they are having more contests, but....

They are actually encouraging people to be in the video with one of their suggestions of dancing to one of the POTM songs!

I don't believe that this is particularly "safe" for anyone under the age of 18 (or even perhaps 25!) if they actually appear in the videos.

If you look at the rules, they are still excluding people from Quebec, Florida and New York.

They are excluding anyone who doesn't have a video recorder (like me!). I am supposed to go and buy one just for this contest? I don't think so! LOL! Maybe I will get my niece to record me! My sister has a video camera!

It is not clear if the winner will be the most viewed entry from April 1st through the 24th or if they are going to pick a few of them and then those "few" videos are going to be the ones where you have to watch them on the 24th (and then just the number of "hits" on the 24th count).
SnowCrystal is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 01:02 PM   #24
Gifted

iluvwebkinz414 knows the way
iluvwebkinz414 knows the wayiluvwebkinz414 knows the wayiluvwebkinz414 knows the way

Smile Re: Ganz Announces Biggest Webkinz Fan Youtube Contest

I don't think it's that big of a deal. I mean, there are other contests for kids to enter (Webkinznews, Communal Contests, Stadium Competitions, etc.) that don't involve signing up for a website that can give out personal information. I think its great that GANZ is reaching out to teens and adults with these Twitter and Youtube contests. Plus, if your face can't be shown on Youtube (like myself), you could just show off your Webkinz Collection or something without showing yourself. I am excited to enter! I think it will be fun.
iluvwebkinz414 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 01:07 PM   #25
warrior catz rule
xocaij is a splendid one to beholdxocaij is a splendid one to beholdxocaij is a splendid one to beholdxocaij is a splendid one to behold

wow! i want to win sooooo bad! i want all those estore pets, especially the sabertooth tiger and the griffin!!! Maybe i will show off my awesome furniture and stuff i made for my plushies! hmm... how can i advertise it though... LOL
xocaij is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 01:08 PM   #26
Gifted

BloogleJ rules the roostBloogleJ rules the roostBloogleJ rules the roostBloogleJ rules the roostBloogleJ rules the roostBloogleJ rules the roostBloogleJ rules the roostBloogleJ rules the roostBloogleJ rules the roostBloogleJ rules the roostBloogleJ rules the roostBloogleJ rules the roostBloogleJ rules the roost

No way! Webkinz is really taking over the world. I mean, look at everything they have done. \
- Zhu Zhu pets
- Twitter
- Youtube
GANZ just won't stop branching out, will they?
BloogleJ is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 01:11 PM   #27
Gifted

CalleyCo knows the way
CalleyCo knows the wayCalleyCo knows the wayCalleyCo knows the way

I will be entering!
CalleyCo is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 01:13 PM   #28

Lunagrrl defies all odds
Lunagrrl defies all oddsLunagrrl defies all oddsLunagrrl defies all oddsLunagrrl defies all oddsLunagrrl defies all oddsLunagrrl defies all oddsLunagrrl defies all oddsLunagrrl defies all oddsLunagrrl defies all oddsLunagrrl defies all oddsLunagrrl defies all oddsLunagrrl defies all oddsLunagrrl defies all oddsLunagrrl defies all oddsLunagrrl defies all odds

Donation Award 

Oh boy, Webkinz fans on YouTube always fight, I'm afraid this will make it worse.

I love the contest idea, though.

If my mom only let me have a YouTube account. ):
Lunagrrl is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 01:18 PM   #29
blessedx5
Gift Guru

blessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable character
blessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable character

Okay, I went and looked and I don't see anything about people being in the video. It doesn't say that they have to be but it also doesn't say they don't have to be. lol Interesting.

I did however see this and can't say it left a warm fuzzy feeling.
Quote:
By uploading the Submission, you (and your parents/legal guardians, if you’re under age 1 grant us a perpetual, royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, and distribute such materials or incorporate such materials into any form, medium, or technology (now known or later developed or devised) throughout the world. In addition, you waive any “moral rights” in those materials.
Now I know these are probably standard rules etc but you might want to think about what they are saying. For example if you show yourself (or your child) in the video and submit it. Ganz now has the right to do WHATEVER they want with the images. Most likely nothing would happen but you never really know. They could take your childs picture and put it on any type of thing they want to. They could sell it to another company on the other side of the world that may end up using it or selling it themselves to whoever they want. There is no telling the product your child's face may end up on. Moral or unmoral. And there is nothing you could do about it.

Just food for thought.
blessedx5 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 01:42 PM   #30
I Wish You Would

panda886 rocks the forumpanda886 rocks the forum
panda886 rocks the forumpanda886 rocks the forumpanda886 rocks the forumpanda886 rocks the forumpanda886 rocks the forumpanda886 rocks the forumpanda886 rocks the forumpanda886 rocks the forumpanda886 rocks the forumpanda886 rocks the forumpanda886 rocks the forumpanda886 rocks the forum

This is very disappointing. So many people I know don't use YouTube. My parents don't approve of me using it, because they think it's unsafe.

And for the other contest, for kids younger than 13, I think that contest should have more than one winner. That way more kids can have the chance to win this awesome prize. Way to be all about the money, Ganz. **sighs** This is why I'm starting to like Build-a-Bearville better.
panda886 is offline Female Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: