Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-30-2010, 11:52 AM   #11
Diabetes Awareness
Webkinz :)

gracekiara is a glorious beacon of lightgracekiara is a glorious beacon of lightgracekiara is a glorious beacon of light

Default Re: Ganz Announces Biggest Webkinz Fan Youtube Contest

Ganz is constantly amazing me with it's greediness and willingness to make it's 'target' customers feel less than and left out...is webkinz supposed to be for 6 to 12 year olds or not?...remember when ads in webkinz world were about eating vegetables and taking time away from computer to play outside?...remember when ganz seemed to care about the health and well-being of young people it says its site was created for?...this latest contest like the twitter one before it is just another example of leaving those younger players behind...the constant ads we now see on webkinz world are ALL geared towards tempting players to deluxe up or buy extra things at the e-store...two things totally beyond the power of 6 to 12 year olds...come on ganz...wise up and realize you're not fooling anybody...you are alienating your younger customers and angering the older customers that care about them...i used to think ganz was a great company...a long long long long time ago...if anyone there [with any power at all] is listening then perhaps some policy changes are long overdue...
gracekiara is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-30-2010, 11:52 AM   #12
hershey954

Ginger945 is a name known to allGinger945 is a name known to allGinger945 is a name known to all

View Post Originally Posted by dustysky
Ok I just do not understand why they are trying SO hard to make this site more for adults then kids!!!
If I was a parent who was NOT a webkinz fan and was asked to help with this I would have to say, the odds would be good I would not be doing it. NOT because I am a mean Mom, but because if you do not play you have NO idea how "into" it we get.

Anyways I just wish this twitter, youtube etc tec stuff would stop.
I totally agree with you!!! I mean this is an awesome contest but its like they want to make it unfair for the kids... for ex. I want to get e-store but my mom says it a waste of money for something that is just on-line only... and I want e-store really bad!! It's like they purposely make the better and cooler stuff on-line and then they make so there is no other way to get it.
Ginger945 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 11:59 AM   #13
Super Collector
Gift Guru

jagular is an abundance of joyjagular is an abundance of joyjagular is an abundance of joy
jagular is an abundance of joyjagular is an abundance of joyjagular is an abundance of joyjagular is an abundance of joyjagular is an abundance of joyjagular is an abundance of joyjagular is an abundance of joy

Donation Level 2 

oh my! i don't know how well i will do with this one. at least it runs for a while and not just the weekend
jagular is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 12:04 PM   #14
hershey954

Ginger945 is a name known to allGinger945 is a name known to allGinger945 is a name known to all

View Post Originally Posted by Amygirl8
There's another contest for the younger kids to participate in on Webkinz News, 10 fav pet names or somethin.
They do have another contest if you can't do the youtube one BUT there will only be one winner... AND they also state that youtube is to be viewed and used by the age of 13 and older. They know that at least 50% of their players are kids, so it doesn't make since that they would do this webkinz contest on youtube, and they should have made other contest equally awesome as the youtube one...
Ginger945 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 12:10 PM   #15

jep624 flows towards the sea of knowledgejep624 flows towards the sea of knowledgejep624 flows towards the sea of knowledgejep624 flows towards the sea of knowledgejep624 flows towards the sea of knowledgejep624 flows towards the sea of knowledgejep624 flows towards the sea of knowledgejep624 flows towards the sea of knowledge

To be honest, I think this is unfair to kids (like me) who are unable to post on to YouTube.
I mean "Hello Ganz" a majority of the webkinz owners are ages 8 thru 13.

Well I guess I won't be entering this one.

Wasn't webkinz created so children would have safe place on the internet to play, but not anymore since Ganz is encouraging children to use unsafe websites.

But this is just my opinion.
jep624 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 12:15 PM   #16
Proud Aspie

Webkinzrules77 is just really niceWebkinzrules77 is just really nice

Youtube is unsafe? But I do agree it is very unfair. I mean, I barely know how to make Youtube videos as it is. And since the majority of Webkinz World players won't get to do this, I'm wondering if Ganz made this up right before they fell asleep. I am still entering it though (love that sparkling pegasus or whatever!) but when you think of how many OTHER kids do, and can't make the videos, it is very depressing. And if they are bad videos, I'll bet you anything they will (sadly) get TONS of bad comments.
Webkinzrules77 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 12:17 PM   #17
Swim, Write, Music
Gift Guru

MarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be great
MarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be great

Wow. That's such an interesting prize. I can't believe they did YouTube though, because not many people can make good videos. Good luck to all who enter though.

Thanks for the information!
MarielofRedwall is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 12:18 PM   #18
♥ FTP ♥
Gift Guru

kittyhub54 rules the roostkittyhub54 rules the roostkittyhub54 rules the roostkittyhub54 rules the roostkittyhub54 rules the roostkittyhub54 rules the roostkittyhub54 rules the roostkittyhub54 rules the roostkittyhub54 rules the roostkittyhub54 rules the roostkittyhub54 rules the roostkittyhub54 rules the roost

Hmm...i must think of ideas! Why are they making it on Youtube? I guess it makes sense but it makes it difficult for others to enter who are under 13.... good luck everyone!
kittyhub54 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 12:33 PM   #19

SchmoopiePie has a reputation beyond reputeSchmoopiePie has a reputation beyond reputeSchmoopiePie has a reputation beyond reputeSchmoopiePie has a reputation beyond reputeSchmoopiePie has a reputation beyond reputeSchmoopiePie has a reputation beyond repute

I think they are LONG overdue for another ad-clicking event like the snow white one! I know they are doing the Chipmunk Squeakquel one but that is on webkinznewz like the snow white queen dress one was. That's cool too, but the ads that are actually in the Webkinz site itself are SOOOOOO much better and more exciting! They would be a lot fairer to the kids actually playing too. Most kids are probably not aware of WebkinzNewz or Insider so they will never find out about these Twitter & YouTube contests and never have a chance to win the Pegasus. They are upsetting the kids, their parents, and any other people who care about them. Not a good business decision if you ask me , but hey I'm not getting paid the big bucks, so....
SchmoopiePie is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 12:34 PM   #20
~2 Days Til ~ Disney
Banned
mom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicness
mom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicness

Wow thanks for the interesting info . Good luck to all that enter
mom w charm is offline Female Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: