Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-01-2010, 11:03 AM   #121
WebkinzMom1028
Webkinz :)

WebkinzMom28 will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Ganz Announces Biggest Webkinz Fan Youtube Contest

[QUOTE=rollingfur;18880156]
What a great mother you are!!! When I take my neighbor to the bus stop do you know that the 6 year olds have cell phones. It blows my mind. Everyday I turn on the news and another child has been taken, stalked or an adults house was robbed by friends on Facebook. Technology is great, but it also has consequences that kids don't understand.

Thank you so much rollingfur! I try really hard to be a good mother, but I'm not perfect. LOL... Just ask my children, they don't always think so! I'm told all the time that I am way to strict on them and I tell them that's because I love them & someday (when they have their own children) they'll understand! I think you are pretty terrific yourself! If children in this world had people to look out for them like you do your little neighbor, there might not be so many tragedies committed against children nowadays. It just breaks my heart to see how some children are left to fend for themselves and no one seems to be there for them.

I still think this contest is a bad idea BTW ....not sure our opinions matter to Ganz though!
WebkinzMom28 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2010, 02:25 PM   #122
Wacky Holidays!

SnowCrystal is stuck on replay
SnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replay

I see that they have the videos on Webkinz Newz now. I wonder if you view it through Webkinz Newz, if that counts toward the number of times the video is viewed?

I also saw a young teenage girl (maybe not even technically a teenager yet) with a long video and at the end she is dancing to the "Hug a Pug" song. One of her pet's names is Amber (can anyone say "Amber Alert"). I am not trying to be funny. I really think this is a bad idea for the safety of the children. I am not sure how secure YouTube is; but if predators can somehow hack and get these kids' email addresses, that is NOT good (or if they can communicate with these kids through YouTube, then that is also BAD). I am not familiar with how YouTube works; but I don't even want to be on there. You can tell that many of the videos were done by young children. Ganz doesn't even seem to care.

Ganz has also not thought about the royalties involved if someone uses a song which is not a Ganz song. There are laws that govern this sort of thing. Is Ganz going to pay royalties to the songwriters and/or singers? If the song is the property of someone else, then you shouldn't use it without their permission. (Ganz had no warning about using these types of songs. It is most likely the obligation of the video creator to get the permission or pay the royalties; but now that Ganz has the videos on their website, I wonder if there will be some legal action taken against them.)
SnowCrystal is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 03:09 PM   #123
ebheads love

rollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshine
rollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshine

[QUOTE=WebkinzMom28;18899270]
View Post Originally Posted by rollingfur
What a great mother you are!!! When I take my neighbor to the bus stop do you know that the 6 year olds have cell phones. It blows my mind. Everyday I turn on the news and another child has been taken, stalked or an adults house was robbed by friends on Facebook. Technology is great, but it also has consequences that kids don't understand.

Thank you so much rollingfur! I try really hard to be a good mother, but I'm not perfect. LOL... Just ask my children, they don't always think so! I'm told all the time that I am way to strict on them and I tell them that's because I love them & someday (when they have their own children) they'll understand! I think you are pretty terrific yourself! If children in this world had people to look out for them like you do your little neighbor, there might not be so many tragedies committed against children nowadays. It just breaks my heart to see how some children are left to fend for themselves and no one seems to be there for them.

I still think this contest is a bad idea BTW ....not sure our opinions matter to Ganz though!
Don't worry your kids will thank you one day. I didn't care for my mom when I was a teen. She was strick and I didn't like it. As an adult I tell her all the time that I would have done a TON of things had she not been so strick. I still did things taht were not good, but didn't do what I could have because I was afraid I would be grounded for life. So just know they will thank you one day.

You know what is funny? I don't even have kids and I am TOTALLY against this contest. I think that some of them are amazing, however having kids on the video themselves is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo dangerous. Turn on the tv, watch the news, heck watch to catch a predator and you will not eat for the night. I am so worried about the youth and technology. I don't know why kids can't just be kids. Why do they have to be subjected to things that are on YouTube. Three clicks and you can be in a VERY bad place.

When I saw that the videos were on Webkinz News I though that maybe they were trying to let kids see the videos that are not allowed on YouTube, however it is still a VERY wrong contest!!! Plus I accidently hit the "YouTube" logo and boom I was directed to YouTube.

View Post Originally Posted by SnowCrystal
I see that they have the videos on Webkinz Newz now. I wonder if you view it through Webkinz Newz, if that counts toward the number of times the video is viewed?

I also saw a young teenage girl (maybe not even technically a teenager yet) with a long video and at the end she is dancing to the "Hug a Pug" song. One of her pet's names is Amber (can anyone say "Amber Alert"). I am not trying to be funny. I really think this is a bad idea for the safety of the children. I am not sure how secure YouTube is; but if predators can somehow hack and get these kids' email addresses, that is NOT good (or if they can communicate with these kids through YouTube, then that is also BAD). I am not familiar with how YouTube works; but I don't even want to be on there. You can tell that many of the videos were done by young children. Ganz doesn't even seem to care.

Ganz has also not thought about the royalties involved if someone uses a song which is not a Ganz song. There are laws that govern this sort of thing. Is Ganz going to pay royalties to the songwriters and/or singers? If the song is the property of someone else, then you shouldn't use it without their permission. (Ganz had no warning about using these types of songs. It is most likely the obligation of the video creator to get the permission or pay the royalties; but now that Ganz has the videos on their website, I wonder if there will be some legal action taken against them.)

GREAT post!!! I don't know much about YouTube either, but I do know that there isn't sensoring. I also searched for Webkinz the other day and it offered me Webkinz must d*e. Really do I want kids watching this stuff? Have you seen the news story about the lady that had her house robbed by a "friend" on facebook. What is say that people won't do bad things watching these videos?

People have been saying that kids already have videos on YouTube and are on the site all the time. Well that is their parents problem, my issue is that Ganz a site that for CHILDREN, is condoning going on this site. Yes there are already videos on the site about Webkinz and a bunch of the comments are REALLY bad, but that fact that Ganz wants you do it is WRONG! I think it is a HORRIBLE idea. I didn't like it in the begining, but after watching three videos with actual kids showing their faces I am ticked!!!

Wow I think for the first time in my life I am on a soup box. Oh crap I am my mother...

Last edited by rollingfur; 04-01-2010 at 03:09 PM..
rollingfur is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 05:26 PM   #124

brtswim knows the way
brtswim knows the way

Are we allowed to put the links to our videos in our Signature?
brtswim is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 10:56 PM   #125

mrcobra92 is on a distinguished road

I am not sure but i swear that ganz is trying to make kinds get in trouble and i am worried for webkinz to they could get in really big trouble for the copyright protection of some of the songs. i have seen a few videos where little 7 year olds come out and dance with there stuffed webkinz. and i saw one where a kid comes out and dances to lady gagas bad romance and he is showing his face right in the camera and said hie email. this is a bad idea for all users ** webkinz no-mater where.

again this is just as dangerous as saying "come on baby lest go play with daddies power tools!"
mrcobra92 is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 12:23 AM   #126
caprica00,
Gift Guru

TNVOLS is epic beyond epicnessTNVOLS is epic beyond epicnessTNVOLS is epic beyond epicnessTNVOLS is epic beyond epicnessTNVOLS is epic beyond epicnessTNVOLS is epic beyond epicness
TNVOLS is epic beyond epicness

Thanks as always for the update..we will be passing on this one...try to keep my 2 off of Y-tube...not enough monitoring!!
TNVOLS is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 08:08 AM   #127
I'm a belieber!!

Texasboy121898 is on a distinguished road

I would sign up but I don't have a account!
Texasboy121898 is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 06:17 PM   #128

Sudowoodo1231 is an unknown quantity at this point

Wink Re: Ganz Announces Biggest Webkinz Fan Youtube Contest

Im entering! I already have over 2000 veiws on that!
If i don't win, hopefully, me and my friend can at least win a prize in the runner-ups
Good Luck To You All
Sudowoodo1231 is offline Female Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: