Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-31-2010, 07:42 AM   #111
The GTS Works!
Webkinz :)

MamaDragon3 has a reputation beyond reputeMamaDragon3 has a reputation beyond reputeMamaDragon3 has a reputation beyond reputeMamaDragon3 has a reputation beyond reputeMamaDragon3 has a reputation beyond reputeMamaDragon3 has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: Ganz Announces Biggest Webkinz Fan Youtube Contest

I just wanted to point out some of the rules (again) for this contest-- 1) You must be 18 to enter the contest or you must have an adult enter FOR YOU. The 13 age is listed as the minimum age for a YouTube account.
2) You must have permission from parents for all people under 18 to appear in the video.

I see a lot of people on this thread that are under 18 talking about entering the contest but here are clips from the rules:

This Contest is open to residents of Canada and the USA who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence at the time of Entry. If the participant is a child under the age of the majority, his or her Entry must be submitted by his/her parent or legal guardian. Residents of the Province of Quebec, States of New York and Florida are excluded from participation in this Contest.

(c) he/she has obtained the consent of all necessary parties (or their parent or legal guardian of any individual under the age of majority) whose work or image is included in the Submission for it to be included in the Submission, for display to the public online, for the Entrant to assign all intellectual property rights in the Submission to the Sponsor, and to waive all moral rights in and to any part of the Submission. If the Entrant is a child under the age of 18, his or her parent or legal guardian warrants that such parent or legal guardian has read and consents to the Contest Rules before any Submission is sent to Sponsor.

So, this reads to me that even if you are say 15, for example, you are not over 18 (age of majority) so you would need to have your PARENTS submit the video for you--you cannot submit it on your personal YouTube account if you are under 18. This really limits the number of ELIGIBLE entries they will have, in my opinion.

My kids are allowed on YouTube if I am in the room with them and they are supervised. Otherwise, we have YouTube on our parental block, so they have to have a password to access the site. I am not crazy about Ganz having a contest on this site. I understand the advertising and the reasoning, I just don't think their reasons show sound judgement.

MamaDragon3 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-2010, 10:06 AM   #112

mrcobra92 is on a distinguished road

i am so entering but youtube? they do realize there 6 and 7 year olds playing this game and looking at webkinznewz this is even more grownupish than the twiter contest i think ganz needs to look at there players more and think how do make a competition for are age group?

this is just as dangerous as saying "ok baby lets go play with daddies power tools" you know what i mean?

i am editing you post yay

Peace out home dogs!

Last edited by mrcobra92; 03-31-2010 at 10:04 AM..
mrcobra92 is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 10:32 AM   #113
ebheads love

rollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshine
rollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshine

View Post Originally Posted by MamaDragon3
I just wanted to point out some of the rules (again) for this contest-- 1) You must be 18 to enter the contest or you must have an adult enter FOR YOU. The 13 age is listed as the minimum age for a YouTube account.
2) You must have permission from parents for all people under 18 to appear in the video.

I see a lot of people on this thread that are under 18 talking about entering the contest but here are clips from the rules:

This Contest is open to residents of Canada and the USA who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence at the time of Entry. If the participant is a child under the age of the majority, his or her Entry must be submitted by his/her parent or legal guardian. Residents of the Province of Quebec, States of New York and Florida are excluded from participation in this Contest.

(c) he/she has obtained the consent of all necessary parties (or their parent or legal guardian of any individual under the age of majority) whose work or image is included in the Submission for it to be included in the Submission, for display to the public online, for the Entrant to assign all intellectual property rights in the Submission to the Sponsor, and to waive all moral rights in and to any part of the Submission. If the Entrant is a child under the age of 18, his or her parent or legal guardian warrants that such parent or legal guardian has read and consents to the Contest Rules before any Submission is sent to Sponsor.

So, this reads to me that even if you are say 15, for example, you are not over 18 (age of majority) so you would need to have your PARENTS submit the video for you--you cannot submit it on your personal YouTube account if you are under 18. This really limits the number of ELIGIBLE entries they will have, in my opinion.

My kids are allowed on YouTube if I am in the room with them and they are supervised. Otherwise, we have YouTube on our parental block, so they have to have a password to access the site. I am not crazy about Ganz having a contest on this site. I understand the advertising and the reasoning, I just don't think their reasons show sound judgement.
Thank you for pointing this out!!! Once again PLEASE BE CAREFUL!! Do not give out personal in formation!!
rollingfur is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 10:55 AM   #114
Gifted

labsrock has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by rollingfur
That is what adults should do. We should always look out for kids. Once again be safe!

I COMPLETELY agree. My little neighbor is obsessed with WW. We have printed off every Webkinz available and she crosses them off as she gets them. For Christmas she received 20+ plush Webkinz. She has over 100 Webkinz and we just started this venture in October. Between the two house holds we have spent a TON of money on plushes in six months. HOWEVER, she isn't even close to 13, so she will not be participating nor will I even though I am an adult.

My WHOLE comcern with this contest is that YouTube is NOT safe! There are VERY unappropriate things on there and within two clicks you could be in a bad place. Some parents are VERY involved in their childrens lives and others don't have a clue what they are doing. The parents that do not monitor their children on the internet is what is scaring me. I just want everyone to be safe.

Congratulations on doing family things with your kids. When I was growing up my parents were in everything I was into. We had game night. We just enjoyed eachother.

EVERYONE BE SAFE ON YOUTUBE!!

I LOVE kids that have Autism. I learn so much from them. It amazes me how technically advanced they can be. My issue is that YouTube is not safe and I worry about kids under 18, even thought the site says 13, things could get sticky quick!

Welcome to WI. I know that the world is becoming my technical, but at the same time I don't think that 8 and 13 year olds should be on YouTube daily. However, that is my opinion. YouTube does not have a sensor, that is a consern for me and others.

What a great mother you are!!! When I take my neighbor to the bus stop do you know that the 6 year olds have cell phones. It blows my mind. Everyday I turn on the news and another child has been taken, stalked or an adults house was robbed by friends on Facebook. Technology is great, but it also has consequences that kids don't understand.

PLEASE BE SAFE ON YOUTUBE!!! Do not post personal information!

You are a very smart young person, don't want to say girl and your a boy, lol. Your parents are very responsible and I know sometime it stinks the things they don't let you do, but they are doing it because they love you.

I know that it stinks that they are using the BEST prize. Hopefully there will be other opportunities. Just hang in there.

Yup, i might be able to convince my dad and he will do all the youtube things (Got a good report card -yes i am a girl
labsrock is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 11:09 AM   #115
ebheads love

rollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshine

View Post Originally Posted by labsrock
Yup, i might be able to convince my dad and he will do all the youtube things (Got a good report card -yes i am a girl
Good job on your report card. I think your kitty is cute. I have two that are the same color.

When you make your video, be sure to involve your parents and be sure not to give our any personal information.

Good luck.
Old 04-01-2010, 12:43 AM   #116

CheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of Awesome
CheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of Awesome

WI Subscriber

Well I just finished my video for the contest. I added it to my video webpage (so people don't have to go to youtube if they don't want to)

Here is the link: http://www.beebuttons.com/WebkinzStuff.html

Hope you like it!
CheekyDB is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 12:44 AM   #117

donnyosmond is cool as a bunny clowndonnyosmond is cool as a bunny clowndonnyosmond is cool as a bunny clowndonnyosmond is cool as a bunny clowndonnyosmond is cool as a bunny clowndonnyosmond is cool as a bunny clowndonnyosmond is cool as a bunny clowndonnyosmond is cool as a bunny clown

can't wait
donnyosmond is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 08:40 AM   #118
ebheads love

View Post Originally Posted by CheekyDB
Well I just finished my video for the contest. I added it to my video webpage (so people don't have to go to youtube if they don't want to)

Here is the link: http://www.beebuttons.com/WebkinzStuff.html

Hope you like it!
I LOVE it. I also LOVE that you didn't put it on YouTube. This way kids that can't go on YouTube will still be able to view your hard work. I am torn because I want to see what everyone has done, but I don't want to condone the contest at the same time. Oh the decisions.

Also I was at the cove with you yesterday when you were doing the dancing with the three on the line. How funny is that?
Old 04-01-2010, 10:14 AM   #119

CheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of Awesome
CheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of Awesome

WI Subscriber

Thanks so much Rollingfur!

To be technically precise it is on youtube, you just don't have to access the youtube page to watch it. But someone who has youtube blocked won't be able to see it on my page either. I set that page up some months ago to be able to showcase some of my other videos.

___

Please watch my youtube Biggest Fan entry -- you can access it here without going to youtube:

http://www.beebuttons.com/WebkinzStuff.html

Thank you!
Old 04-01-2010, 10:19 AM   #120
ebheads love

View Post Originally Posted by CheekyDB
Thanks so much Rollingfur!

To be technically precise it is on youtube, you just don't have to access the youtube page to watch it. But someone who has youtube blocked won't be able to see it on my page either. I set that page up some months ago to be able to showcase some of my other videos.

___

Please watch my youtube Biggest Fan entry -- you can access it here without going to youtube:

http://www.beebuttons.com/WebkinzStuff.html

Thank you!

I saw that it was on YouTube. I was just happy that kids can see it that are not allowed on YouTube. If they have it blocked they can't see it, however if they don't have it blocked they just know they are not allowed on the site. They will be able to view it.

Thank you for offereing another way for kids to view it.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: