Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-30-2010, 09:49 PM   #101
anna decorate?
Gifted

Symphonie wears the mantle of perfection with graceSymphonie wears the mantle of perfection with graceSymphonie wears the mantle of perfection with graceSymphonie wears the mantle of perfection with graceSymphonie wears the mantle of perfection with graceSymphonie wears the mantle of perfection with graceSymphonie wears the mantle of perfection with grace

Default Re: Ganz Announces Biggest Webkinz Fan Youtube Contest

haven't read all the comments in this thread yet, but if somebody else hasn't already said it I will:

Bindidog and friends should DEFINITELY enter this competition with the Nutcracker and we should all unite and "vote" (view) that video - it would win for sure!
Symphonie is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-30-2010, 09:52 PM   #102
ShootingStars•°˜”° ҉
Gifted

mickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a boss
mickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a boss

Good luck everyone!
mickey26 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 10:01 PM   #103
anna decorate?
Gifted

Symphonie wears the mantle of perfection with graceSymphonie wears the mantle of perfection with graceSymphonie wears the mantle of perfection with graceSymphonie wears the mantle of perfection with graceSymphonie wears the mantle of perfection with graceSymphonie wears the mantle of perfection with graceSymphonie wears the mantle of perfection with grace

View Post Originally Posted by Webkinzrules77
Youtube is unsafe? But I do agree it is very unfair. I mean, I barely know how to make Youtube videos as it is. And since the majority of Webkinz World players won't get to do this, I'm wondering if Ganz made this up right before they fell asleep. I am still entering it though (love that sparkling pegasus or whatever!) but when you think of how many OTHER kids do, and can't make the videos, it is very depressing. And if they are bad videos, I'll bet you anything they will (sadly) get TONS of bad comments.
Any technology that is a medium for free speach can be "unsafe" in the wrong hands. And let me tell you there are SOME wrong hands on YouTube. But there are some neat things too.

As for the younger kids here on who's parents don't get why you like Webkinz - I'm sorry! It is sad but each generation seems to have a larger and larger gap between the kids & adults (I don't mean in years, but in interest). I mean my parents attended EVERYTHING I did as a kid - band, dance, etc. I try to go to all my DS's little league games, but it is hard with my work schedule sometimes. But we do all play webkinz together. We also play board games together, card games together... we try to do lots of family stuff. I'm ranting now LOL - I do that sometimes. I hope that someone from wins this contest, and I hope that many of you younger members DO get help from your parents - who knows, you may discover a talent for computer graphics, film editing, or some other future career this way!
Symphonie is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 10:33 PM   #104
az up Doc?
Webkinz :)

KinzDiva is the cats pajamas!KinzDiva is the cats pajamas!KinzDiva is the cats pajamas!KinzDiva is the cats pajamas!KinzDiva is the cats pajamas!KinzDiva is the cats pajamas!

Click the image to open in full size. Today, 08:01 PM #103 Symphonie

It isn't that we don't help our kids do stuff that their generation enjoys...my kid has Autism and is AMAZING with the computer. His dream is to design video games and possibly be a screenwriter. The people at Best Buy (they know us by name) are trying to come up w software that he can use by himself because he is so creative and technical, but hasn't quite got the engineering down yet. After all, he's still only two years into elem. school. Our complaint is that this contest isn't fair to EVERYONE. If Ganz want to have a contest for older kids, 13+ to win prizes...AWESOME...I'll be the first in line, perhaps something with the Signatures. However, if they want to make a contest for all of Webkinz World then all of Webkinz World should be able to mentally and physically participate. That means ages 3 and up. In my opinion it should take place on the WW site. I don't want to have to leave WW to enter a WW contest. I'd be sweet to see what people come with on Utube, but it's not an equal opprotunity.
KinzDiva is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 10:35 PM   #105
ST1222
Lil Kinz

lgirlplano is on a distinguished road

A huge percentage of kids between the ages of 8 and 13 already have U tube accounts, and visit the site daily. They also have cell phones, and use twitter. This is 2010, it's all about keeping up with the latest and greatest. Perhaps Ganz is trying to keep kids in the 8 to 13 years age bracket still interested in Webkinz. I know several kids that play and most of the ones over 10 are embarrassed to tell their friends that they play, as it used to be geared just towards younger kids.

lgirlplano is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 11:09 PM   #106
WebkinzMom1028

WebkinzMom28 will become famous soon enough

View Post Originally Posted by lgirlplano
A huge percentage of kids between the ages of 8 and 13 already have U tube accounts, and visit the site daily. They also have cell phones, and use twitter. This is 2010, it's all about keeping up with the latest and greatest. Perhaps Ganz is trying to keep kids in the 8 to 13 years age bracket still interested in Webkinz. I know several kids that play and most of the ones over 10 are embarrassed to tell their friends that they play, as it used to be geared just towards younger kids.

Well from reading the comments here from other parents, I think there's a huge percentage of children that are not allowed on twitter or you tube! My children are around that age bracket and DO NOT have twitter or you tube accounts, nor do they have a cell phone and won't have for a long time. I let my daughter on this site, WW, and Build a Bear only! Call me old fashion if you want, but I can't and won't put a price tag on my children's safety! I am very protective of them and that is not going to change anytime soon! I also have a Autistic son, who is very talented with the computer, But I want him to spend his time on the computer doing safe things, not public websites that are not for children.

This contest idea is just totally wrong and not appropriate for our children. I really wish whoever thought this crazy idea up would rethink it and make the contest one that is fair & safe for all of our children! OK...I'm done ranting for a little while!! Just makes me upset with all the money us parents spend on Webkinz products, that Ganz doesn't keep their standards high and their reputation as a safe children site in focus!!

Also, I just want to say I enjoy and appreciate all the parents on this forum, you are more help and support than you know!! Thanks to Justin, Wendy, and the rest of the Mods that make this site a wonderful, safe place to be!! I love this place!!
WebkinzMom28 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 01:00 AM   #107
HAPPY DAYS

mommysbabe19 is epic beyond epicnessmommysbabe19 is epic beyond epicnessmommysbabe19 is epic beyond epicnessmommysbabe19 is epic beyond epicnessmommysbabe19 is epic beyond epicnessmommysbabe19 is epic beyond epicness
mommysbabe19 is epic beyond epicnessmommysbabe19 is epic beyond epicnessmommysbabe19 is epic beyond epicnessmommysbabe19 is epic beyond epicnessmommysbabe19 is epic beyond epicnessmommysbabe19 is epic beyond epicnessmommysbabe19 is epic beyond epicnessmommysbabe19 is epic beyond epicnessmommysbabe19 is epic beyond epicnessmommysbabe19 is epic beyond epicnessmommysbabe19 is epic beyond epicnessmommysbabe19 is epic beyond epicnessmommysbabe19 is epic beyond epicnessmommysbabe19 is epic beyond epicnessmommysbabe19 is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by dustysky
Ok I just do not understand why they are trying SO hard to make this site more for adults then kids!!!
If I was a parent who was NOT a webkinz fan and was asked to help with this I would have to say, the odds would be good I would not be doing it. NOT because I am a mean Mom, but because if you do not play you have NO idea how "into" it we get.

Anyways I just wish this twitter, youtube etc tec stuff would stop.
I agree with Dustysky. This isn't fair to children like me, even though my grandmother is addicted to Webkinz as I am. However, this is supposed to be a kids site, not an adults like FACEBOOK or TWITTER. This truly upsets me. If ANYONE hosts a contest about Webkinz they should have it on the Webkinz Newz or on WI. NOT ON YOUTUBE!!! > These people are starting to lose their minds!
mommysbabe19 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 04:25 AM   #108
here's Bunny?

susbrain is not just visiting!susbrain is not just visiting!susbrain is not just visiting!susbrain is not just visiting!susbrain is not just visiting!susbrain is not just visiting!susbrain is not just visiting!susbrain is not just visiting!susbrain is not just visiting!susbrain is not just visiting!susbrain is not just visiting!

I just finnished reading all of these very wonderful, truthful, and creative posts above mine, and I only saw two posts mention anything about the way they are picking the winners. Yeah, I think it is unfair to have it on youtube as well, but what I think is really unfair is how we will win. Why does it have to be the video with the most views? I disagree 100% to that. We should not have to be skilled at making videos just to have a chance to win this great prize! And what if someone only finds out about this contest, say, April 15th, uploads their video that day. They would not have as many views as the people who entered April 1st!
Anyways, I think that overall it was a good idea, because my sister and I had lots of fun and laughs while making our video today. We named it The Epicly Tubular Webkinz Video! If I win the grand prize, the sparkling pegasus goes to my very best friend! The sabertooth tiger goes to my wild little brother! The cloud sheep will be for my little friend (who loves sheep)! And the griffin and afghan hound go to my wonderful little sister who did a great job helping out with the video!
Good luck to everyone who enters!
-susbrain
susbrain is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 04:44 AM   #109
Gifted

labsrock has disabled reputation

This is REALLY dissapointing! First twitter and NOW youtube?? As far as my parents are concerned, that is the most unsafe website in this world- unapropiate adds, bad videos, swear words all over the comment boxes! I don't blame my parents! And Why do they have to make the awesomest prizes ever in a contest like THIS. In my opinion i think Ganz should be ashamed of themselves! I'm just so fed up with Ganz! They make prizes that i can't get on a regular bases cause of my lack of parents who will only use a credit card online with paypal paypass or whatever it's called and the lack of me being to young to have one. To Ganz: This is NOT cool. Just cause a few people under 13 think youtube is awesome it doesn't mean everyone else does. as some other people said, your best money makers are the little ones under 10. cause soon after that they quit webkinz cause they think it's for little kids. Now your trying to keep your older former fans by doing this? That's Out of hand!! I'll stop ranting about my discomforts and problems (With Ganz) I won't quit WW because of this but this is like the worst idea you have ever had Ganz. Think twice next time please!

Last edited by labsrock; 03-31-2010 at 05:03 AM..
labsrock is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 07:31 AM   #110
ebheads love

rollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshine
rollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshine

View Post Originally Posted by supergirl1990
Thanks rollingfur! I actually feel really good knowing people (adults) really care about some of the horrlible stuff on youtube! Don't worry I will be very safe.
That is what adults should do. We should always look out for kids. Once again be safe!

View Post Originally Posted by KinzDiva
Ganz, are you serious? I'm sorry but your marketing department needs a makeover! Most responsible parents DO NOT allow their children (who are your primary demo.) to Tweet or post on UTube. Yes, I could "help" (code for "do") my child participate in this contest but what would be the objective? I will not encourage him to compete with a bunch of teens and adults. Ganz should make the contests fair for EVERYONE! Four year olds who beg their parents for the plushies are your biggest money makers...don't count them out...they put food on your table. FYI, my kid checks the Webkinz Catalog very day for new additions to his wish list...when I log into WI, he is on my lap looking for the new stuff. Don't discount him just because he's a little guy. He's your bread and butter Ganz...tune in! He has adopted more than 45 Webkinz since December 2009...he deserves a chance to win a contest (fairly), just like every one else.
I COMPLETELY agree. My little neighbor is obsessed with WW. We have printed off every Webkinz available and she crosses them off as she gets them. For Christmas she received 20+ plush Webkinz. She has over 100 Webkinz and we just started this venture in October. Between the two house holds we have spent a TON of money on plushes in six months. HOWEVER, she isn't even close to 13, so she will not be participating nor will I even though I am an adult.

View Post Originally Posted by Symphonie
Any technology that is a medium for free speach can be "unsafe" in the wrong hands. And let me tell you there are SOME wrong hands on YouTube. But there are some neat things too.

As for the younger kids here on who's parents don't get why you like Webkinz - I'm sorry! It is sad but each generation seems to have a larger and larger gap between the kids & adults (I don't mean in years, but in interest). I mean my parents attended EVERYTHING I did as a kid - band, dance, etc. I try to go to all my DS's little league games, but it is hard with my work schedule sometimes. But we do all play webkinz together. We also play board games together, card games together... we try to do lots of family stuff. I'm ranting now LOL - I do that sometimes. I hope that someone from wins this contest, and I hope that many of you younger members DO get help from your parents - who knows, you may discover a talent for computer graphics, film editing, or some other future career this way!
My WHOLE comcern with this contest is that YouTube is NOT safe! There are VERY unappropriate things on there and within two clicks you could be in a bad place. Some parents are VERY involved in their childrens lives and others don't have a clue what they are doing. The parents that do not monitor their children on the internet is what is scaring me. I just want everyone to be safe.

Congratulations on doing family things with your kids. When I was growing up my parents were in everything I was into. We had game night. We just enjoyed eachother.

EVERYONE BE SAFE ON YOUTUBE!!

View Post Originally Posted by KinzDiva
Click the image to open in full size. Today, 08:01 PM #103 Symphonie

It isn't that we don't help our kids do stuff that their generation enjoys...my kid has Autism and is AMAZING with the computer. His dream is to design video games and possibly be a screenwriter. The people at Best Buy (they know us by name) are trying to come up w software that he can use by himself because he is so creative and technical, but hasn't quite got the engineering down yet. After all, he's still only two years into elem. school. Our complaint is that this contest isn't fair to EVERYONE. If Ganz want to have a contest for older kids, 13+ to win prizes...AWESOME...I'll be the first in line, perhaps something with the Signatures. However, if they want to make a contest for all of Webkinz World then all of Webkinz World should be able to mentally and physically participate. That means ages 3 and up. In my opinion it should take place on the WW site. I don't want to have to leave WW to enter a WW contest. I'd be sweet to see what people come with on Utube, but it's not an equal opprotunity.
I LOVE kids that have Autism. I learn so much from them. It amazes me how technically advanced they can be. My issue is that YouTube is not safe and I worry about kids under 18, even thought the site says 13, things could get sticky quick!

View Post Originally Posted by lgirlplano

Welcome to WI. I know that the world is becoming my technical, but at the same time I don't think that 8 and 13 year olds should be on YouTube daily. However, that is my opinion. YouTube does not have a sensor, that is a consern for me and others.

View Post Originally Posted by WebkinzMom28
Well from reading the comments here from other parents, I think there's a huge percentage of children that are not allowed on twitter or you tube! My children are around that age bracket and DO NOT have twitter or you tube accounts, nor do they have a cell phone and won't have for a long time. I let my daughter on this site, WW, and Build a Bear only! Call me old fashion if you want, but I can't and won't put a price tag on my children's safety! I am very protective of them and that is not going to change anytime soon! I also have a Autistic son, who is very talented with the computer, But I want him to spend his time on the computer doing safe things, not public websites that are not for children.

This contest idea is just totally wrong and not appropriate for our children. I really wish whoever thought this crazy idea up would rethink it and make the contest one that is fair & safe for all of our children! OK...I'm done ranting for a little while!! Just makes me upset with all the money us parents spend on Webkinz products, that Ganz doesn't keep their standards high and their reputation as a safe children site in focus!!

Also, I just want to say I enjoy and appreciate all the parents on this forum, you are more help and support than you know!! Thanks to Justin, Wendy, and the rest of the Mods that make this site a wonderful, safe place to be!! I love this place!!
What a great mother you are!!! When I take my neighbor to the bus stop do you know that the 6 year olds have cell phones. It blows my mind. Everyday I turn on the news and another child has been taken, stalked or an adults house was robbed by friends on Facebook. Technology is great, but it also has consequences that kids don't understand.

PLEASE BE SAFE ON YOUTUBE!!! Do not post personal information!

View Post Originally Posted by labsrock
This is REALLY dissapointing! First twitter and NOW youtube?? As far as my parents are concerned, that is the most unsafe website in this world- unapropiate adds, bad videos, swear words all over the comment boxes! I don't blame my parents! And Why do they have to make the awesomest prizes ever in a contest like THIS. In my opinion i think Ganz should be ashamed of themselves! I'm just so fed up with Ganz! They make prizes that i can't get on a regular bases cause of my lack of parents who will only use a credit card online with paypal paypass or whatever it's called and the lack of me being to young to have one. To Ganz: This is NOT cool. Just cause a few people under 13 think youtube is awesome it doesn't mean everyone else does. as some other people said, your best money makers are the little ones under 10. cause soon after that they quit webkinz cause they think it's for little kids. Now your trying to keep your older former fans by doing this? That's Out of hand!! I'll stop ranting about my discomforts and problems (With Ganz) I won't quit WW because of this but this is like the worst idea you have ever had Ganz. Think twice next time please!
You are a very smart young person, don't want to say girl and your a boy, lol. Your parents are very responsible and I know sometime it stinks the things they don't let you do, but they are doing it because they love you.

I know that it stinks that they are using the BEST prize. Hopefully there will be other opportunities. Just hang in there.

Last edited by rollingfur; 03-31-2010 at 07:31 AM..
rollingfur is offline Female Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: