Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-03-2009, 01:23 AM   #31
darleina
Gift Guru

darleina is just really nicedarleina is just really nice

Default Re: Ganz Announces Best Dressed Pet Contest Winners

Congrats to Everyone who won ! They all look great ! I am sure there were Alot of Pet in Great outfits that looked just Fantastic !!! It must have been Really hard to pick only 5 from the many ,many entries that were submitted.I think we sould be happy for all of the winners ! Whinning about somebody using a retired wshop item (when there was no Clear rule that you could not ) well it seems more like sour grapes because you did not win ! All not everybody can win !!! I think the Fire Fawn looked Great !!! CONGRATS again !!!
darleina is offline Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-2009, 07:50 AM   #32
Anti Twilight.
Webkinz :)

lizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonder

View Post Originally Posted by FIA
A WI Front Page entry has been added:

Ganz Announces Best Dressed Pet Contest Winners

The winners of the Best Dressed Pet contest have been announced. Congratulations to Carmel, Angie, carrie, raeven, and adam michael. Ganz has e-mailed each one of these players a code for a Webkinz Phoenix.

NOTE: In response to all of the questions we have been getting about the Fire Fawn's outfit, the Orange Army Shirt and the Red Sports Pants used to be wShop items. They were retired from the wShop back in August of 2007. The Orange Army Shirt isn't available in Webkinz World anymore. The Red Sports Pants are now a KinzStyle item that you can get with the code that comes with the Red Sports Pants for your plushie. The Pants cannot be purchased in the online KinzStyle Shop.

Click the image to open in full size.
Congratulations to all the winners! That was a good idea to use retired items!

---------- lizzyxwebkinz added 1 Minutes and 17 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by cooljeff429
This is a unfair contest. The contest asked for only pets wearing clothing from the Wshop. Since this is one of the rules, everyone should follow it. This a very unfair misbeing.:goo::husky:
If your talking about the Fire Fawn those are retired W-shop items. They retired August 2007

Last edited by lizzyxwebkinz; 03-03-2009 at 07:50 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
lizzyxwebkinz is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 09:27 AM   #33
Gifted

Myrmaid73 will become famous soon enough

Congratulations to the contest winners. Your pets look GREAT!!!!!
Myrmaid73 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 11:31 AM   #34

berribrite is not just visiting!berribrite is not just visiting!berribrite is not just visiting!berribrite is not just visiting!berribrite is not just visiting!berribrite is not just visiting!berribrite is not just visiting!berribrite is not just visiting!berribrite is not just visiting!berribrite is not just visiting!berribrite is not just visiting!

I agree with a lot of the comments here that the winners must be randomly picked. My daughter had the same outfit as one of the winners too. Congrats to the winners!!!
berribrite is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 12:28 PM   #35
puppiefun

TurtleLuvr is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations to the winners! I HAVE the Orange Army Shirt!!!!!!
TurtleLuvr is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 12:43 PM   #36
ill PM
Gift Guru

Ergoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talent

Donation Award 

I am so happy the winners were finally announced and even though I didn't win my little Nonie (the elephant) still thinks that she was dressed to the nines. I was concerned about using retired items, because of some of the results in past contest, so I am glad to see that it didn't disqualify anyone. I would like to extend my congratulations to all of the winners - that is an absolutely fantastic prize and is one of my favorite eStore pets.
Ergoiam is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 07:55 PM   #37

Cakesterb is on a distinguished road

Congrats to all the winners!
I like the second one the best!
Cakesterb is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 08:50 PM   #38
So this is love
Gift Guru

sydney88 is a golden guidesydney88 is a golden guidesydney88 is a golden guidesydney88 is a golden guidesydney88 is a golden guidesydney88 is a golden guidesydney88 is a golden guidesydney88 is a golden guidesydney88 is a golden guidesydney88 is a golden guidesydney88 is a golden guidesydney88 is a golden guidesydney88 is a golden guidesydney88 is a golden guide

What if this contest had been a trophy room contest? If someone only used rare and retired trophies and won, is that anything different from this? No, it's not. You call a trophy a trophy whether it's retired or not, right? A Wshop item is a Wshop item whether it's current or retired. You have to remember that Ganz thinks differently than we do about the value of an item.

I believe that the selections are randomly chosen. I believe they look over the five random winners just to make sure that none of them are completely revolting, and then they post them as winners. Honestly, I am so glad they choose winners this way, because I don't want any of them to waste their time poring over contest entries when they could be doing better things, like fixing glitches and creating new and exciting activities for us to do in WW.
sydney88 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 09:23 PM   #39
venom7878
Gifted

venom7878 has a spectacular aura about

I disagree with the previous post. Your analogy doesn't suit this situation. The w-shop only rule was made to prevent an unfair advantage. Using an item that was last open to user in August '07 is rather unfair. Ganz should have taken control and shown loopholes don't pay off. I'd guess it's random, because I'd seen better than that Penguins on our very boards. Too bad I didn't enter.
venom7878 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 09:33 PM   #40
So this is love
Gift Guru

sydney88 is a golden guidesydney88 is a golden guidesydney88 is a golden guidesydney88 is a golden guidesydney88 is a golden guidesydney88 is a golden guidesydney88 is a golden guidesydney88 is a golden guidesydney88 is a golden guidesydney88 is a golden guidesydney88 is a golden guidesydney88 is a golden guidesydney88 is a golden guidesydney88 is a golden guide

View Post Originally Posted by venom7878
I disagree with the previous post. Your analogy doesn't suit this situation. The w-shop only rule was made to prevent an unfair advantage. Using an item that was last open to user in August '07 is rather unfair. Ganz should have taken control and shown loopholes don't pay off. I'd guess it's random, because I'd seen better than that Penguins on our very boards. Too bad I didn't enter.
I understand what you are saying, but I read the contest rules thoroughly and saw nothing about Ganz saying use only Wshop items to prevent "unfair advantages." I think that is just what is assumed. My point is, they don't look at retired items the way we do. Look at how items are valued in the trading room. If someone tried to trade an orange camo shirt for a googles PSI, the googles PSI owner would receive the warning that they are about to exchange an item of value for a regular item, when in fact the orange camo shirt is worth much more.
I think that the only winner who broke the rules is the cow, because in my opinion those sunglasses are not red. They are pinkish/purplish. The rules did not state that Wshop seasonal or retired have to be excluded. It just says Wshop, so the fire fawn did nothing wrong in my books.

Last edited by sydney88; 03-03-2009 at 09:35 PM..
sydney88 is offline Female Reply With Quote

Tags
pounder

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: