Webkinz Insider Forum

Webkinz Insider Forum (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/)
-   WI News & Announcements (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/wi-news-announcements-146/)
-   -   Ganz Announces Best Dressed Pet Contest Winners (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/wi-news-announcements-146/ganz-announces-best-dressed-pet-contest-476275/)

RajahDT403-02-2009 03:29 PM

Re: Ganz Announces Best Dressed Pet Contest Winners

Quote:

Originally Posted by IzHannah (Post 13263232)
This is exciting! Congrats to the 4 winners! Not a bad idea to use RETIRED wshop items in the contest...that person was a shoo-in!

That's exactly why I don't think it should be allowed. Those items are not available to everybody. I thought that was the reason for the rule about it being W-Shop items. If they didn't have that rule, people would use clothes that are not available to everybody. That would give them an unfair advantage. I just don't think they are setting a very good example about following rules.

theacate03-02-2009 04:06 PM

I agree.. It should have been kept to current WShop items. I don't think it does make it fair for everyone. Those of us that joined after those items were removed didn't get the opportunity to buy it.. But than again there seems to be a few flaws in their picking of winners. Seems like it's a bit unfair over all.

oh well..

Congrats to those that won.. The Phoenix is an awesome pet! I love mine!

:):):):)

FrogKissingLady03-02-2009 04:16 PM

I also think it is unfair that a person won using retired clothing and kinz style...the rules said WSHOP, not Persephone shop or retired. the object of the contest was to go and buy clothes to dress your pet in, not find items that are no longer available in wshop.

bflyangel03-02-2009 04:35 PM

First Off.. Congrats to ALL the winners!

While I don't agree with the one person winning who used the retired W Shop items I DO commend them for taking the risk and using them. IMHO it should not have won because, as others said, my understanding of this contest was to see what people could do with the many items available to everyone. I guess technically this is not against the rules but it is bending the rules on the part of Ganz.

Princessapreeel03-02-2009 04:40 PM

guys honestly i really wonder if these winners are not just picked randomly i mean how is someon suppose to pick the top 5 out of thousands of thousands of entries (im not saying these are good they all are) but i mean is that really possible (we kinda saw the same thing happen here with the design contest) and this could definately explain why duplicate rooms are picked and even non law abiding outfits.....anyway just a thought and congrats to ALL of the winners hopefully some of them are here on WI

rickekinz03-02-2009 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Princessapreeel (Post 13265660)
guys honestly i really wonder if these winners are not just picked randomly i mean how is someon suppose to pick the top 5 out of thousands of thousands of entries (im not saying these are good they all are) but i mean is that really possible (we kinda saw the same thing happen here with the design contest) and this could definately explain why duplicate rooms are picked and even non law abiding outfits.....anyway just a thought and congrats to ALL of the winners hopefully some of them are here on WI

I agree with you. I think they are random wins. It would so time consuming to choose 5 out of thousands! Congrats to the winners!

magicw03-02-2009 05:13 PM

The contest rules should say to use only "current" w-shop items. I have some retired w-shop items as well, but never would have thought to use them in this contest. Anyhoo, congrats to the winners. And as another post said, all the entries were probably just as good. Do you think they actually pay someone to look at all of them or it's basically a random drawing?

daisyrockgirl03-02-2009 05:32 PM

Don't you think the cow looks odd? There looks like a little thing hanging off of the hat... I'm confused, it looks like it has a dog ear! If that even is a cow... like I said, I'm confuzzled. Someone should write to ganz, that's not fair about the fawn!

---------- daisyrockgirl added 12 Minutes and 18 Seconds later ----------

Nevermind I found out it's a yellowish tank top! I would edit my post but I can't

crum9803-02-2009 05:49 PM

Whoever had the fire fawn I don't think they should of won. That's not fair. :(

Renesme03-02-2009 06:29 PM

Congratz to all winners! Tho i think the fawn won under unfiar cercumstances. it was only for CURRENT wshop items. i didnt enter but i think it was totally unfair on both ganz part and the owner of the fawn. i did love the outfit tho. and i also believe that it was random. thosands of ppl entered and they picked 5?!!??! dont think so. well, gratz to the winners. you guyz did great!