Webkinz Insider Forum

Webkinz Insider Forum (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/)
-   WI News & Announcements (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/wi-news-announcements-146/)
-   -   Ganz Announces Best Dressed Pet Contest Winners (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/wi-news-announcements-146/ganz-announces-best-dressed-pet-contest-476275/)

FIA03-02-2009 01:39 PM

Ganz Announces Best Dressed Pet Contest Winners
 
A WI Front Page entry has been added:

Ganz Announces Best Dressed Pet Contest Winners

The winners of the Best Dressed Pet contest have been announced. Congratulations to Carmel, Angie, carrie, raeven, and adam michael. Ganz has e-mailed each one of these players a code for a Webkinz Phoenix.

NOTE: In response to all of the questions we have been getting about the Fire Fawn's outfit, the Orange Army Shirt and the Red Sports Pants used to be wShop items. They were retired from the wShop back in August of 2007. The Orange Army Shirt isn't available in Webkinz World anymore. The Red Sports Pants are now a KinzStyle item that you can get with the code that comes with the Red Sports Pants for your plushie. The Pants cannot be purchased in the online KinzStyle Shop.

http://www.webkinzinsider.com/files/...ressedpets.jpg

Babybreau03-02-2009 01:43 PM

Re: Ganz Announces Best Dressed Pet Contest Winners
 
Congrats to 4 of the winners!!

I'm not impressed by the 2nd winner - that person used an item that is NOT in the W-shop.
In the w-Shop is a GREEN camo t-shirt - not an orange/brown one.

Also needless to say, all outfits posted on WI were just as good, if not better!!

FIA03-02-2009 01:44 PM

Re: Ganz Announces Best Dressed Pet Contest Winners
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Babybreau (Post 13263005)
Congrats to 4 of the winners!!

I'm not impressed by the 2nd winner - that person used an item that is NOT in the W-shop.
In the w-Shop is a GREEN camo t-shirt - not an orange/brown one.

Also needless to say, all outfits posted on WI were just as good, if not better!!

The Orange Army Shirt used to be a wShop item. ;)

IzHannah03-02-2009 02:04 PM

Re: Ganz Announces Best Dressed Pet Contest Winners
 
This is exciting! Congrats to the 4 winners! Not a bad idea to use RETIRED wshop items in the contest...that person was a shoo-in!

SnowCrystal03-02-2009 02:13 PM

Re: Ganz Announces Best Dressed Pet Contest Winners
 
Congrats to the winners!!!

I am not sure that the pants that are on the Fire Fawn were ever in the W Shop. I have a pair, but that is because I got them with a code when I bought the clothing item at a Hallmark shop. Does anyone know if they were ever in the W Shop in Webkinz World (I think they were called red sport pants--similar to the black sport pants in the W Shop)?

FIA03-02-2009 02:15 PM

Re: Ganz Announces Best Dressed Pet Contest Winners
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SnowCrystal (Post 13263360)
Congrats to the winners!!!

I am not sure that the pants that are on the Fire Fawn were ever in the W Shop. I have a pair, but that is because I got them with a code when I bought the clothing item at a Hallmark shop. Does anyone know if they were ever in the W Shop in Webkinz World (I think they were called red sport pants--similar to the black sport pants in the W Shop)?

Yep, the Red Sports Pants were in the wShop. They were removed from the wShop at the same time as the Orange Army Shirt. You can now get them if you purchase the Red Sports Pants for your plushie.

SnowCrystal03-02-2009 02:21 PM

Re: Ganz Announces Best Dressed Pet Contest Winners
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by FIA (Post 13263381)
Yep, the Red Sports Pants were in the wShop. They were removed from the wShop at the same time as the Orange Army Shirt. You can now get them if you purchase the Red Sports Pants for your plushie.

Thanks for the quick reply! That was before I joined WW, so I am glad that there are knowledgeable members like you, FIA! Thank you!

bballmars03-02-2009 02:42 PM

Re: Ganz Announces Best Dressed Pet Contest Winners
 
Congratulations to all the winners! It must be hard to win contests. :)
I'm a bit disapointed that the retired wshop was aloud...after all, its not available anymore.

Babybreau03-02-2009 02:57 PM

Re: Ganz Announces Best Dressed Pet Contest Winners
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by FIA (Post 13263016)
The Orange Army Shirt used to be a wShop item. ;)

Well that's hardly fair now isn't it?
All contests in the past have always had to use ONLY CURRENT wshop items - so why should this one be any different?

It doesn't make the contest fair for EVERYONE.

sarastuff99903-02-2009 03:21 PM

Re: Ganz Announces Best Dressed Pet Contest Winners
 
WOW! I thought my outfits were good! I think all of the people who won really deserved it! :thumbup: CONGRATS!!!

RajahDT403-02-2009 03:29 PM

Re: Ganz Announces Best Dressed Pet Contest Winners
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by IzHannah (Post 13263232)
This is exciting! Congrats to the 4 winners! Not a bad idea to use RETIRED wshop items in the contest...that person was a shoo-in!

That's exactly why I don't think it should be allowed. Those items are not available to everybody. I thought that was the reason for the rule about it being W-Shop items. If they didn't have that rule, people would use clothes that are not available to everybody. That would give them an unfair advantage. I just don't think they are setting a very good example about following rules.

theacate03-02-2009 04:06 PM

Re: Ganz Announces Best Dressed Pet Contest Winners
 
I agree.. It should have been kept to current WShop items. I don't think it does make it fair for everyone. Those of us that joined after those items were removed didn't get the opportunity to buy it.. But than again there seems to be a few flaws in their picking of winners. Seems like it's a bit unfair over all.

oh well..

Congrats to those that won.. The Phoenix is an awesome pet! I love mine!

:):):):)

FrogKissingLady03-02-2009 04:16 PM

Re: Ganz Announces Best Dressed Pet Contest Winners
 
I also think it is unfair that a person won using retired clothing and kinz style...the rules said WSHOP, not Persephone shop or retired. the object of the contest was to go and buy clothes to dress your pet in, not find items that are no longer available in wshop.

bflyangel03-02-2009 04:35 PM

Re: Ganz Announces Best Dressed Pet Contest Winners
 
First Off.. Congrats to ALL the winners!

While I don't agree with the one person winning who used the retired W Shop items I DO commend them for taking the risk and using them. IMHO it should not have won because, as others said, my understanding of this contest was to see what people could do with the many items available to everyone. I guess technically this is not against the rules but it is bending the rules on the part of Ganz.

Princessapreeel03-02-2009 04:40 PM

Re: Ganz Announces Best Dressed Pet Contest Winners
 
guys honestly i really wonder if these winners are not just picked randomly i mean how is someon suppose to pick the top 5 out of thousands of thousands of entries (im not saying these are good they all are) but i mean is that really possible (we kinda saw the same thing happen here with the design contest) and this could definately explain why duplicate rooms are picked and even non law abiding outfits.....anyway just a thought and congrats to ALL of the winners hopefully some of them are here on WI

rickekinz03-02-2009 04:45 PM

Re: Ganz Announces Best Dressed Pet Contest Winners
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Princessapreeel (Post 13265660)
guys honestly i really wonder if these winners are not just picked randomly i mean how is someon suppose to pick the top 5 out of thousands of thousands of entries (im not saying these are good they all are) but i mean is that really possible (we kinda saw the same thing happen here with the design contest) and this could definately explain why duplicate rooms are picked and even non law abiding outfits.....anyway just a thought and congrats to ALL of the winners hopefully some of them are here on WI

I agree with you. I think they are random wins. It would so time consuming to choose 5 out of thousands! Congrats to the winners!

magicw03-02-2009 05:13 PM

Re: Ganz Announces Best Dressed Pet Contest Winners
 
The contest rules should say to use only "current" w-shop items. I have some retired w-shop items as well, but never would have thought to use them in this contest. Anyhoo, congrats to the winners. And as another post said, all the entries were probably just as good. Do you think they actually pay someone to look at all of them or it's basically a random drawing?

daisyrockgirl03-02-2009 05:32 PM

Re: Ganz Announces Best Dressed Pet Contest Winners
 
Don't you think the cow looks odd? There looks like a little thing hanging off of the hat... I'm confused, it looks like it has a dog ear! If that even is a cow... like I said, I'm confuzzled. Someone should write to ganz, that's not fair about the fawn!

---------- daisyrockgirl added 12 Minutes and 18 Seconds later ----------

Nevermind I found out it's a yellowish tank top! I would edit my post but I can't

crum9803-02-2009 05:49 PM

Re: Ganz Announces Best Dressed Pet Contest Winners
 
Whoever had the fire fawn I don't think they should of won. That's not fair. :(

Renesme03-02-2009 06:29 PM

Re: Ganz Announces Best Dressed Pet Contest Winners
 
Congratz to all winners! Tho i think the fawn won under unfiar cercumstances. it was only for CURRENT wshop items. i didnt enter but i think it was totally unfair on both ganz part and the owner of the fawn. i did love the outfit tho. and i also believe that it was random. thosands of ppl entered and they picked 5?!!??! dont think so. well, gratz to the winners. you guyz did great!

Jubjubkikogirl03-02-2009 06:32 PM

Re: Ganz Announces Best Dressed Pet Contest Winners
 
Oh my goodness! Thoses outfits are so fashionable! Hail to the fashion royalty:bow: Lol! :2funny:

EXOTERIC03-02-2009 07:48 PM

Re: Ganz Announces Best Dressed Pet Contest Winners
 
Congratulations to all the winners!!

cooljeff42903-02-2009 07:56 PM

Re: Ganz Announces Best Dressed Pet Contest Winners
 
This is a unfair contest. The contest asked for only pets wearing clothing from the Wshop. Since this is one of the rules, everyone should follow it. This a very unfair misbeing.:goo::dalm::husky:

WebkinzPatsie03-02-2009 07:56 PM

Re: Ganz Announces Best Dressed Pet Contest Winners
 
:'( :'(I did a Santa suit in all red that used to be in the w-shop everything but the belt and black boots were red and I did not win. It is not fair at all!! Are any of them Webkinz insider members?:'(:'(

soccerox703-02-2009 08:11 PM

Re: Ganz Announces Best Dressed Pet Contest Winners
 
Yay! I think I have a pair of those somewhere in my WW house! Cool!

icucme03-02-2009 09:01 PM

Re: Ganz Announces Best Dressed Pet Contest Winners
 
Congrats to the winners! It is a bit unfair to the webkinz members that do not have retired Wshop items, I don't know if the rules stated that that was allowable, so everyone assumed like I did that you had to use what was currently on sale.

Dogluver62003-02-2009 09:10 PM

Re: Ganz Announces Best Dressed Pet Contest Winners
 
Congrats to everyone who won!

The guidelines might have been a little misleading. They never stated whether or not you were allowed to use retired wShop :)

eyelinerpuppy03-02-2009 11:03 PM

Re: Ganz Announces Best Dressed Pet Contest Winners
 
I realize that the items on the Fire Fawn are retired WShop items, but I don't believe that is fair. And I submitted the SAME outfit and the cheeky cat. How is that fair?

---------- eyelinerpuppy added 4 Minutes and 49 Seconds later ----------

I submitted the SAME exact outfit as the cheeky cat except on a B&W cheeky dog. Is that fair?!?!??

---------- eyelinerpuppy added 0 Minutes and 40 Seconds later ----------

No, I don't think it is.

---------- eyelinerpuppy added 25 Minutes and 30 Seconds later ----------

I so sad because I submitted the same outfit as cheeky cat, I really wanted the Phoenix! My friend said for one day it was in the eStore...

SnowCrystal03-03-2009 12:02 AM

Re: Ganz Announces Best Dressed Pet Contest Winners
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by eyelinerpuppy (Post 13274361)
I realize that the items on the Fire Fawn are retired WShop items, but I don't believe that is fair. And I submitted the SAME outfit and the cheeky cat. How is that fair?

---------- eyelinerpuppy added 4 Minutes and 49 Seconds later ----------

I submitted the SAME exact outfit as the cheeky cat except on a B&W cheeky dog. Is that fair?!?!??

---------- eyelinerpuppy added 0 Minutes and 40 Seconds later ----------

No, I don't think it is.

---------- eyelinerpuppy added 25 Minutes and 30 Seconds later ----------

I so sad because I submitted the same outfit as cheeky cat, I really wanted the Phoenix! My friend said for one day it was in the eStore...


I'm sorry you didn't win. I don't think that Ganz looks through all of the entries. If they did, on the last room design contest they would have noticed that there were 2 entries that were exactly the same. The WI member that designed one of the rooms had it stolen, and the thief was awarded the prize (instead of the rightful owner of the room). I wish I could give both of you prizes for your entries. You designed a winning outfit!!!


The Phoenix should be back in the estore sometime in the future. Watch for it on Wednesdays or on the weekends. I hope you can get one.

CrystalFlute03-03-2009 01:21 AM

Re: Ganz Announces Best Dressed Pet Contest Winners
 
congratulations to all of the winners! it must've been so exciting to receive that code in their email :)
as to the rest of us, all we can do is keep our fingers crossed for better luck next time!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:14 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright © 2007-2013 Kopi Enterprises, LLC