Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-21-2010, 02:49 PM   #91
Webkinz :)

wild_card is the cats pajamas!wild_card is the cats pajamas!wild_card is the cats pajamas!wild_card is the cats pajamas!wild_card is the cats pajamas!wild_card is the cats pajamas!

Default Re: Find Zofia Sweet Zum today and tomorrow

View Post Originally Posted by wild_card
Seems like a good theory. However, my screen resolution is 1366 pixels (which is pretty high resolution--I think average is 1024) and I have not seen a single zum. I have tried waiting for it but still don't get anything. Yet your theory inspired me, so I also tried to zoom out in my browser so that I can see the entire background, and so far nothing to report. I will let you know if I see any using this approach.

Thanks,
wild_card
JACKAL YOUR THEORY IS CORRECT!!!! I caught my first zum! Just zoom out in your browser so that you see the whole background, and the zums will start flying!! Good luck everyone!
Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-2010, 02:51 PM   #92
Gifted

Jackal wows us all with wonderJackal wows us all with wonderJackal wows us all with wonderJackal wows us all with wonderJackal wows us all with wonderJackal wows us all with wonderJackal wows us all with wonderJackal wows us all with wonderJackal wows us all with wonderJackal wows us all with wonder

Seems like a good theory. However, my screen resolution is 1366 pixels (which is pretty high resolution--I think average is 1024) and I have not seen a single zum. I have tried waiting for it but still don't get anything. Yet your theory inspired me, so I also tried to zoom out in my browser so that I can see the entire background, and so far nothing to report. I will let you know if I see any using this approach.
Thanks!

Yes, 1024 is most common these days, I believe. 1366 is very high, but (assuming the theory is right) that would leave you with a "black hole" of 145 pixels on each side. So you'd see the floater faster with the wider resolution, and it wouldn't float offscreen as much, but it still wouldn't show up right away.

I've switched to a 1600 resolution and am seeing the floaters right off the bat when they show up. I also waited and watched a floater for a really long time to see if it would float off my screen, and it didn't. It bumped up against the left side a few times, and a little bit of it disappeared offscreen (which would make sense if the theory is right: at a 1600 resolution, there would be a "black hole" of 28 pixels on each side, which, I'd say, is about how much of the Zum disappeared off my screen when it went right over to the far left edge)...but it never disappeared entirely.
Jackal is offline Female
Old 10-21-2010, 02:51 PM   #93

mom2girls has a spectacular aura about

Patience is definitly the key to this contest. I started finding them quickly when I made myself count to 15 SLOWLY before refreshing.
mom2girls is offline Female
Old 10-21-2010, 02:51 PM   #94

MAKroll is epic beyond epicnessMAKroll is epic beyond epicnessMAKroll is epic beyond epicnessMAKroll is epic beyond epicness
MAKroll is epic beyond epicnessMAKroll is epic beyond epicnessMAKroll is epic beyond epicnessMAKroll is epic beyond epicnessMAKroll is epic beyond epicnessMAKroll is epic beyond epicnessMAKroll is epic beyond epicnessMAKroll is epic beyond epicnessMAKroll is epic beyond epicnessMAKroll is epic beyond epicnessMAKroll is epic beyond epicnessMAKroll is epic beyond epicness

Thank you Wild Card, very glad you found your first zum!
How exactly do i "zoom out"
MAKroll is offline Male
Old 10-21-2010, 02:52 PM   #95

MeRules is on a distinguished road

I just got on webkinz newz, and I found it on the first try, internet explorer. Got the Winged tee. For the rest of you, good luck!
Old 10-21-2010, 02:53 PM   #96

wild_card is the cats pajamas!wild_card is the cats pajamas!wild_card is the cats pajamas!wild_card is the cats pajamas!wild_card is the cats pajamas!wild_card is the cats pajamas!

View Post Originally Posted by MAKroll
Thank you Wild Card, very glad you found your first zum!
How exactly do i "zoom out"
Which browser are you using?
Old 10-21-2010, 02:53 PM   #97

MAKroll is epic beyond epicnessMAKroll is epic beyond epicnessMAKroll is epic beyond epicnessMAKroll is epic beyond epicness
MAKroll is epic beyond epicnessMAKroll is epic beyond epicnessMAKroll is epic beyond epicnessMAKroll is epic beyond epicnessMAKroll is epic beyond epicnessMAKroll is epic beyond epicnessMAKroll is epic beyond epicnessMAKroll is epic beyond epicnessMAKroll is epic beyond epicnessMAKroll is epic beyond epicnessMAKroll is epic beyond epicnessMAKroll is epic beyond epicness

Safari ..
MAKroll is offline Male
Old 10-21-2010, 02:53 PM   #98

MeRules is on a distinguished road

View Post Originally Posted by MAKroll
Congratz! you could ask your parents, or post the question on here? I think you can do that, sorry if that is wrong.
Answer is 2 Hope you win the zum!
Old 10-21-2010, 02:54 PM   #99
Gifted

Jackal wows us all with wonderJackal wows us all with wonderJackal wows us all with wonderJackal wows us all with wonderJackal wows us all with wonderJackal wows us all with wonderJackal wows us all with wonderJackal wows us all with wonderJackal wows us all with wonderJackal wows us all with wonder

View Post Originally Posted by myJbees
Please note that you do need to scroll down the screen to look for Zofia! Sometimes she is appearing more than half way down the page -not just floating down, but entering the screen at the lower point. So, if you are just refreshing at the top, you will miss her completely.
I don't believe that's true. We've never seen instances of the floater disappearing offscreen in a vertical direction. You should never need to scroll up or down to look for it.

JACKAL YOUR THEORY IS CORRECT!!!! I caught my first zum! Just zoom out in your browser so that you see the whole background, and the zums will start flying!! Good luck everyone!
Oh, yay!

I don't know if it's possible to zoom out in every type of browser software, though. wild_card, what browser are you using and what do you do to zoom out in it?
Jackal is offline Female
Old 10-21-2010, 02:54 PM   #100

I figured out how to zoom out.
MAKroll is offline Male
Closed

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: