Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-24-2010, 10:23 AM   #981
Webkinz :)
charlesandbeth is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Fall Fest Leaf Timing and Other Questions Answered

Anyone else having trouble with your time resetting? I go to do my jumbleberry fields, and then I go to my room to wait for a leaf. The time goes back to when I log in, so then my count is off. I don't understand why they change the timing of the leaves for "when the kids are in school". We are in Arizona, so our times are off from the time it is on the East coast. That means when the leaves are falling fast, my kids are still in school. They should just leave the time the same all day so everyone has an equal chance to get some leaves.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-24-2010, 10:23 AM   #982
teowed

teowed has a spectacular aura about

its a sham that my dialup cumputer had more leaves falling than my wireless cumputer
teowed is offline Female
Old 09-24-2010, 10:27 AM   #983

Lucky7s is an unknown quantity at this point

signed in 40 minutes ago 1 leaf so far on the contact us page (doing the survey)

red leaf = cornucopia

i just want a lumber jack coat and a candle. just one of each n i'd be thrilled!

come onnnnnnnnnnnnn leafs! Go Leafs, Go!
Old 09-24-2010, 10:28 AM   #984
Gifted

Jackal wows us all with wonderJackal wows us all with wonderJackal wows us all with wonderJackal wows us all with wonderJackal wows us all with wonderJackal wows us all with wonderJackal wows us all with wonderJackal wows us all with wonderJackal wows us all with wonderJackal wows us all with wonder

Reposting on a new page so people can see it without wading through the whole thread...

GUIDE TO 2010 FALLFEST, aka How the heck do I find leaves

How often do the leaves show up?

The leaves are programmed to have a chance of appearing on a timed cycle. Based on reports from various WI members, the cycle now appears to be 5 minutes from about 2pmKT-10pmKT, 9 minutes from 10pmKT-midnightKT and from 7amKT-2pmKT, and 11 minutes from midnightKT-7amKT. ([notranslate]Ganz[/notranslate] is reportedly doing this so that more leaves can be found during the period when kids are home after school finishes for the day, and less when everyone is supposed to be asleep.)

More detailed information about leaf timing can be found in this post. It conflicts with the timing I've been experiencing (e.g. 4 minutes at peak instead of 5; 8 minutes at non-peak waking time instead of 9), but is still extremely helpful, as well as predictive for a changing schedule on Saturday!

What this means is that if, for example, you log on at 3:03pmKT (during the 5-minute cycle period), you have a chance of seeing a leaf at 3:08, 3:13, 3:18, 3:23, 3:28, and so-on.

Notice that I say a CHANCE. There is no guarantee that a leaf will actually show up at each 5- or 9- minute interval. I've been tracking my login times and leaf-appearing times, and based on my records, I believe that the odds of getting a leaf at each interval are 1 in 4. This means that if you log on during the 5-minute interval period and wait around for 20 minutes (that's four cycles), you will probably see one leaf; and if you log on during the 9-minute interval period and wait around for 36 minutes (that's four cycles), you will probably see one leaf. However, you could be lucky and see two, three, or even four leaves during that time...or you could be unlucky and see none.

But I'm awake from midnightKT-7amKT, and waiting 11 minutes for each leaf chance is TOO LONG!

One WI member has offered the following tip on how to prevent the much slower leaf-changing schedule from kicking in at midnightKT: (Although note that this is not going to work on Thursday night for American accounts due to the system maintenance which is scheduled at 12amET!)

View Post Originally Posted by Lucky7s
before the clock strikes midnight, go to QUIZZY's
when you do a question, your clock will become out of sync, and jump back to whatever time it was when you logged in.
this happened to me last night. when the real time hit 2:00 am, i didnt get logged out, because i had logged in after 1:00 am and then after a little while i had gone to Quizzys. asfter i did a question it reset my clock back to when i logged in, so when real time was 2:00 am, my kinztime was only 1:15 or something, and didnt get logged out. when i did log out and try to log back in after 2 i was unable to. might work. might not. last night i got a globe and a lumber jack hat After midnight. GOOD LUCK
HOWEVER, another WI member said that this could be a risky tip to try, because the last time there was a maintenance from midnight to 3am, she didn't log off after midnight, and didn't get kicked off, but everything she did was not counted the following day. So try it at your own risk.

What happens if I'm online when the leaf timing schedule changes over?

We don't know for sure. But I personally have noticed that if I'm online during a leaf timing change, I stop seeing leaves. At least one other WI member has reported experiencing this, too. So it's possible (definitely not confirmed, but possible) that if you're online when the schedule changes, you stop seeing leaves altogether. Therefore, if you're online during a leaf timing changeover, and you stop seeing leaves, give logging out and logging back in a try, you might see an improvement.

Do I have to be anywhere specific in Webkinz World to see the leaves?

Yes. You have to be somewhere in Webkinz World where you can see your dock. No dock, no leaves.

Some WI users have claimed that they have more luck seeing leaves in specific dock-displaying spots in WW, for example, the Contact Us page on the newspaper, or Quizzy's. However, no actual study of this has been done, and the official word on the WI wiki is that it doesn't matter where in WW you are, as long as you can see your dock, the odds of seeing a leaf are the same.

However, certain dock-displaying spots in WW may make leaf-spotting and catching easier. One WI member pointed out that the newspaper's Contact Us page is mostly white (so leaves are easy to see), doesn't have a lot of animation going on (so your system will respond faster), and there's less to accidentally click on while you're trying to catch the leaf (so you run less risk of getting something else instead of the leaf).

You're full of it! I've been waiting around forever and have seen zero leaves!

Based on reports from WI members, there does appear to be a genuine problem with some people not seeing leaves, even after waiting around for a lot of intervals. One WI member reported calling [notranslate]Ganz[/notranslate] and was told that you will only see leaves if you are "activated" when you log in. We don't know what this means exactly, or why activation does or doesn't happen, but it appears that sometimes when you log in, you're "activated" (and will see leaves), and sometimes when you log in, you're not (and will not see leaves). The best advice to deal with this is that if you've gone through a whole bunch of interval cycles without seeing any leaves, log off and then log back on, to try and "activate" yourself. And once you see a leaf, stay logged in and keep waiting through the intervals for more to show up.

Another WI member called [notranslate]Ganz[/notranslate] and was told that they have received lots of complaints and that their technical department was aware of them. However, as of the morning of Thursday the 23rd, the reps had not heard anything back from the technical department yet. The rep did suggest using Firefox as a browser and clearing cookies all the time...although the WI member said doing this didn't help.

See also the question "What happens if I'm online when the leaf timing schedule changes over?" further up in this guide.

What if my WW clock gets out of sync with the actual time?

We've seen conflicting reports from WI members about this one - some say that if your WW clock gets out of sync, the leaves will stop falling, and some say that if your WW clock gets out of sync, the leaves will fall faster. So it's hard to say. My own personal experience is that when my WW clock gets out of sync it doesn't affect a darn thing, and the leaves continue to have a chance of coming every 5 or 9 minutes.

You're wrong - it's between 2pm and 9:30pm where I am and the leaves are still falling on a 9-minute cycle

Based on what I've been reading on this thread, I believe that whether the leaves come every 5 minutes or every 9 minutes is based on the KT of the account you're logged into, not on the time where you actually are. So, for example, if where you live it is 3pm Eastern Time, but you log into your Asian account, it will be 5:15amKT on the account, which means the leaf chance interval will be 9 minutes. (This calculation is based on information from this thread, which says that KT on Asian accounts is 15 hours ahead of Eastern Time.) Similarly, if you are living in Vancouver where it's Pacific Time, and it's 8pm there, I think (not sure, but I think it works like this) that if you log into an American account (which is based on Eastern Time), the KT will be 11pm, which means you'll be on a 9-minute interval instead of a 5-minute interval.

I'm seeing leaves but I can't click on them!

From various reports from multiple WI members, it does indeed seem that some people are actually unable to click on leaves. Or, they click on them, but the dreaded "Please Wait..." appears and never goes away. Obviously, this is very frustrating, and we don't know why it's happening. One WI member provided the tip that if you click in front of the leaf instead of on the leaf itself, you will be able to catch them if you were having trouble before. Another WI member pointed out that if you're in an outside room and it's raining, this slows things right down and may affect your ability to successfully click on a leaf, so if you're going to watch for leaves when you're in a room, make sure it's an inside room. An inside room with as few animated items as possible is also a good idea. So try those tips. If it still doesn't work, then I would give [notranslate]Ganz[/notranslate] a call, because this is obviously a technical problem for you.

Okay, I've caught lots of leaves but all I'm getting are the old prizes!

It's very clear from WI member reports that the new prizes (Lumberjack Hat, Lumberjack Boots, Woolly Galoshes, Autumn Tree Globe, Colorful Corn Display and Gourd Table Candle) are much more rare than the old prizes (Autumn Striped Sweater, Autumn Sunset Toque, Baked Butternut Squash, Decorative Cornucopia, Decorative Wheat Sheaf, Fall Festival Place Setting, Hot Apple Cider, Potted Elm Tree, and Pressed Leaf Wall Plate). The ratio I've been getting is one new prize for every four or five leaves I catch. (By contrast, if the chances of getting any prize was truly the same as getting any other prize, I should actually be getting two new prizes for every five leaves I catch.) And I haven't caught any Autumn Tree Globes.

What are the prizes, anyway?

Have you checked the Wiki?
- List of prizes
- Pictures of prizes

We're also getting reports that which prize you get is directly linked to the colour of leaf you see:

Yellow
- Autumn Sunset Toque
- Gourd Table Candle
- Potted Elm
- Pressed Leaf Wall Plate
- Woolly Galoshes

Orange
- Autumn Striped Sweater
- Baked Butternut Squash
- Fall Festival Place Setting
- Lumberjack Hat
- Colorful Corn Display

Red
- Autumn Tree Globe
- Decorative Cornucopia
- Decorative Wheat Sheaf
- Hot Apple Cider
- Lumberjack Coat

My pets are getting all sad and unhealthy and hungry waiting around for these leaves.

One WI member offered the very tip that if you wait in your room and leave the TV on, your pet's health and happiness will stay strong.

As for hunger, make sure you have a fair bit of food on hand and make sure to feed your pets every once in a while as they're waiting.

HTH!

Last edited by Jackal; 09-24-2010 at 11:25 AM..
Jackal is offline Female
Old 09-24-2010, 10:33 AM   #985

hiphopten wears the mantle of perfection with gracehiphopten wears the mantle of perfection with gracehiphopten wears the mantle of perfection with gracehiphopten wears the mantle of perfection with gracehiphopten wears the mantle of perfection with gracehiphopten wears the mantle of perfection with gracehiphopten wears the mantle of perfection with grace

Euro is still most active for me. US is slow as usual but its morning, so no surprise.

A few hats and a globe this morning BUT I have 10 accounts up for 3 hours now.

I also would prefer to see that long post less frequent..no offense Jackal.

The end time is also 10pm... rather than 9:30..this I know.

Leaf!! new candle!! yay

Last edited by hiphopten; 09-24-2010 at 10:33 AM..
Old 09-24-2010, 10:35 AM   #986

Lucky7s is an unknown quantity at this point

i guess [notranslate]ganz[/notranslate] figure if there's less leaves floating during school hours, less kids will suddenly be feeling too sick to go to school? i know im suddenly feeling too sick to go to work!

unfortunately ima have to go, and thus ill have only tomorrow to get my lumberjack coat and candle thingy. hopefully tomorrow...

i dont know why they dont just leave it a steady amount all day. at least then kids and non kids alike wouldnt be fretting missing out while at school/work if they knew theyd have Ample Leaves to click afterwords. it seems unless youre glued to the computer for 5 consecutive days you're UNLIKELY to get all of the items. even just one of each. if these items show up in curio shop later LOL i dont know if ill be happy (to get another chance at getting them) or SO MAD that i wasted SO MUCH TIME trying to get leaves! and if they DO appear in curio shop all those ppl in trading rooms are gunna feel rooked about trading something they valued for a stinkin lumberjack coat or cande. oY!
Old 09-24-2010, 10:35 AM   #987
charlesandbeth is on a distinguished road

Also, I don't really think [notranslate]Ganz[/notranslate] is doing anything about the leaves falling slowly because there have been several of these floating things, and [notranslate]Ganz[/notranslate] always says they are working on it. It doesn't ever seem to get fixed.
Old 09-24-2010, 10:44 AM   #988

WebkinzBatRulz is the cats pajamas!WebkinzBatRulz is the cats pajamas!WebkinzBatRulz is the cats pajamas!WebkinzBatRulz is the cats pajamas!WebkinzBatRulz is the cats pajamas!WebkinzBatRulz is the cats pajamas!

im in Pink Runway Room 40 all by myself waiting for more people and a leaf...
WebkinzBatRulz is offline Female
Old 09-24-2010, 10:57 AM   #989
Gifted

isabella1665 is epic beyond epicnessisabella1665 is epic beyond epicnessisabella1665 is epic beyond epicnessisabella1665 is epic beyond epicness
isabella1665 is epic beyond epicnessisabella1665 is epic beyond epicnessisabella1665 is epic beyond epicnessisabella1665 is epic beyond epicnessisabella1665 is epic beyond epicnessisabella1665 is epic beyond epicnessisabella1665 is epic beyond epicnessisabella1665 is epic beyond epicnessisabella1665 is epic beyond epicnessisabella1665 is epic beyond epicnessisabella1665 is epic beyond epicnessisabella1665 is epic beyond epicnessisabella1665 is epic beyond epicnessisabella1665 is epic beyond epicness

Well, I am not having the best time collecting leaves. Four accounts and 2 leaves per hour. In 2 full hours, I have collected 8 leaves. [notranslate]Ganz[/notranslate] shake those trees!
isabella1665 is offline Female
Old 09-24-2010, 10:58 AM   #990

WebkinzBatRulz is the cats pajamas!WebkinzBatRulz is the cats pajamas!WebkinzBatRulz is the cats pajamas!WebkinzBatRulz is the cats pajamas!WebkinzBatRulz is the cats pajamas!WebkinzBatRulz is the cats pajamas!

This Fall Fest is completely dull
Do I like it? No, not at all
Those leaves just don't want to fall
It is making my skin crawl!

Here I sit for hours
Waiting for a single leaf
It's beyond my powers
[notranslate]Ganz[/notranslate] come on give us relief!

5 days of this stuff
No leaves in sight
This baloney is enough!
I cannot stay up all night

Oh a leaf flies by
I click and click and click
Hard as I may try
It wont work; this makes me sick!

I wait wherever
My dock appears
This takes for ever
I'm bored to tears

Ok I think I will quit
No more leaves for me
Off this chair on which I sit
Wait...well...maybe.

--------

To tune of La Cucaracha

I'm searching high
I'm searching low
Where are those leaves?
Why on earth won't they just blow?
Where on earth could the be?

I clicking here.
I clicking there.
But they don't seem to exist
They are just not anywhere
Oh darn one I missed!

My eyes are going blurry!
I'm in a hurry!
To get all that I can
But those leaves won't scurry
And I got a real sore hand!
WebkinzBatRulz is offline Female
Closed

Tags
3 1 0 w e b k i n z, boo!, bring on the leaves!!, f l a m e d a n c e, followyourheart<33, go leafs go!, gp was here!, hippobirdietwoewe, je rocks!, lightning bolt was here, luv leaves!, marielofredwall was here!, more leaves, please!, show yourself leaves

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: