Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-13-2011, 03:21 PM   #71
ShootingStars•°˜”° ҉
Gifted

mickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a boss
mickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a boss

Default Re: Fake Webkinz Advertisements Appearing on Internet

Thank you for the warning!
I sure hope no little kids click it.
~mickey
mickey26 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2011, 03:23 PM   #72
Webkinz :)

ginny19 defies all odds
ginny19 defies all oddsginny19 defies all oddsginny19 defies all oddsginny19 defies all oddsginny19 defies all oddsginny19 defies all oddsginny19 defies all oddsginny19 defies all oddsginny19 defies all oddsginny19 defies all oddsginny19 defies all oddsginny19 defies all oddsginny19 defies all oddsginny19 defies all odds

View Post Originally Posted by emajade
That is just EVIL. Scamming little kids. I wish there was a way we could actually catch these people.
My mother works on a forum~ Once someone was scamming people on there for money, and they had to alert the police in the person's area. Yes, you can actually catch those people. And no, putting in fake personal info will NOT prevent this- Information like your state, town, phonenumber, internet provider, and a ton of other stuff can be gotten from your IP address, and your IP is left on every site you go to.
So yes, the person who set that all up could be severely punished. The person my mom caught was sent to jail for financial fraud. I think this counts, because they can ask for account info and we paid real money for our accounts.
ginny19 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 03:26 PM   #73
She's a Grooooovy
Gift Guru

EXOTERIC is a forum hero
EXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum hero

HOLY MINT CHOCOLATE COW!!

View Post Originally Posted by FroggyDoodle
If they did click the link and take the quiz...I'd do a virus scan on the computer ASAP!!!....as well, if at any time after clicking the link your cuz had to enter their WW name/password....CHANGE THE PASSWORD ON THE WW ACCOUNT. By doing this there may have been a keylogger virus installed...which would basically allow whoever is behind the add to access the password associated with the account...and even worse, will be able to access all passwords typed in on the computer...

Very good post and extremely true Froggy..as another measure I would contact Ganz right away too. This is pretty serious stuff. Regardless if there is a lot of a little on the account. Malware & Spyware can be really hard to identify and get rid of.
It's really important to teach everyone, both kids and grown ups, that this is a
WOLF IN A SHEEP'S CLOTHING!!

Click the image to open in full size.
EXOTERIC is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 03:28 PM   #74

4chocolate7 is a glorious beacon of light4chocolate7 is a glorious beacon of light4chocolate7 is a glorious beacon of light

+u can tell it fake cause it said "coins" not kinzcash
4chocolate7 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 03:33 PM   #75
Sheryl is wacky!

slbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicness
slbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicness

I, also, have seen this ad many times over the past few weeks and just ignored it because I knew it had to be some kind of scam. I hope this is taken care of so nothing bad happens.
slbradshaw is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 03:36 PM   #76

MixedCelery has a brilliant futureMixedCelery has a brilliant futureMixedCelery has a brilliant futureMixedCelery has a brilliant futureMixedCelery has a brilliant future

That's scary... I'm going to have to watch out for that...
When you think about it, it looks just like the "Win a Free XBox" Advertisements. They didn't even use the right currency.
MixedCelery is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 03:36 PM   #77
Pokemon time!

lazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicness
lazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicness

My pop-ups are block anyway. Where is the Internet Police?
lazygal is online now Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 03:42 PM   #78
I'm Ninja :)

webkinzgirl520 is the cats pajamas!webkinzgirl520 is the cats pajamas!webkinzgirl520 is the cats pajamas!webkinzgirl520 is the cats pajamas!webkinzgirl520 is the cats pajamas!webkinzgirl520 is the cats pajamas!

wow thats really sad that webkinz would do a scam
thank you for the info!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
webkinzgirl520 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 03:42 PM   #79
This Time

webkinzfan32 has a reputation beyond reputewebkinzfan32 has a reputation beyond reputewebkinzfan32 has a reputation beyond reputewebkinzfan32 has a reputation beyond reputewebkinzfan32 has a reputation beyond reputewebkinzfan32 has a reputation beyond repute

Scary... I hope it's not dangerous.
webkinzfan32 is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 03:54 PM   #80
TIRED OF BEING WACKY

girlwholovesdog flows towards the sea of knowledgegirlwholovesdog flows towards the sea of knowledgegirlwholovesdog flows towards the sea of knowledgegirlwholovesdog flows towards the sea of knowledgegirlwholovesdog flows towards the sea of knowledgegirlwholovesdog flows towards the sea of knowledgegirlwholovesdog flows towards the sea of knowledgegirlwholovesdog flows towards the sea of knowledge

I'll call ganz.
girlwholovesdog is offline Male Reply With Quote

Tags
ducki, girlwholovesdog was here, go away evil scammers, go away scammers, goawaymeanscamers, gringersnap♥, heey dog, leave now!, plz help ganz, scam, stop scammers!, t.t.tawnypup, wow really scammers?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: