Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-14-2011, 08:29 AM   #111
ell, Hello
Webkinz :)

NR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tell
NR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tell

Default Re: Fake Webkinz Advertisements Appearing on Internet

Thank you FIA. I would not have been fooled, but my children may have. Thank you for alerting us!
NR1991 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-14-2011, 04:26 PM   #112
I ♥ Ice Fawns :)

wyn2005 is just really nicewyn2005 is just really nice

Oh my gosh, thats creppy! Has anyone called Ganz??
wyn2005 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 04:43 PM   #113
♥Call me Tricia♥

libra95 will become famous soon enough

I actually saw this advertisement before I saw this notice on WI.
I knew it couldn't be Webkinz affiliated, just because it says "coins." I knew that if it was something from GANZ, it would have said "kinzcash." So, since I knew it was a scam, I clicked on it just to see. It was a simple ten question survey, and at the end it said something to the effect of, "We're calculating your score. Enter your cell phone number below, and we will send your results to your phone."
I obviously exited out of the window then, because I knew for sure that it was a scam.

I just wanted to let you all know what it actually was, and that you can't get hurt by clicking on it, just don't enter your phone number at the end!
libra95 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 05:49 PM   #114
Banned
cheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoW
cheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoW

Thank you FIA! I would have clicked it.
cheekyluver is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 06:20 PM   #115
Lil Kinz

webkinzlover542 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for warning us FIA. I definetly would have clicked on it - but now, I won't, since you warned us. I wonder who's going to tell Ganz about this through phone/computer. I know I can't call them because I'm not 18. But still. This is horrible. Why would people do this? There are little kids, 6 years of age the youngest on there!
webkinzlover542 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 06:55 PM   #116
girle101

pompomkitty10 wows us all with wonderpompomkitty10 wows us all with wonderpompomkitty10 wows us all with wonderpompomkitty10 wows us all with wonderpompomkitty10 wows us all with wonderpompomkitty10 wows us all with wonderpompomkitty10 wows us all with wonderpompomkitty10 wows us all with wonderpompomkitty10 wows us all with wonder

But IF you click, what happens? i did not see that ad yet, but what happens when you click it?
pompomkitty10 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 07:31 PM   #117
Unregistered

View Post Originally Posted by libra95
I actually saw this advertisement before I saw this notice on WI.
I knew it couldn't be Webkinz affiliated, just because it says "coins." I knew that if it was something from GANZ, it would have said "kinzcash." So, since I knew it was a scam, I clicked on it just to see. It was a simple ten question survey, and at the end it said something to the effect of, "We're calculating your score. Enter your cell phone number below, and we will send your results to your phone."
I obviously exited out of the window then, because I knew for sure that it was a scam.

I just wanted to let you all know what it actually was, and that you can't get hurt by clicking on it, just don't enter your phone number at the end!
I know, I was like "coins?? something is fishy here." oh I happened to notice your avvie That's my title too
Old 02-14-2011, 08:02 PM   #118

voldemort is headed for the top!voldemort is headed for the top!voldemort is headed for the top!voldemort is headed for the top!voldemort is headed for the top!voldemort is headed for the top!voldemort is headed for the top!voldemort is headed for the top!voldemort is headed for the top!voldemort is headed for the top!voldemort is headed for the top!voldemort is headed for the top!

i'd have guessed it was a fake ad, they said COINS! not KINZCASH! i'm offended D=
voldemort is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 09:45 PM   #119
Sunshine Bunny

SunshineFlower is on a distinguished road

What the??? Who does that??? That's so mean! I mean who tricks little kids?!? Thx WI for the warning. I would of probaly clicked on that if I saw that ad!

Also, someone needs to call Ganz about this or the POLICE since we paid real money on our acounts. So it's like he/she or they are trying to scam us out of our money.

Also, COINS? Um... wow VERY nice......

Last edited by SunshineFlower; 02-14-2011 at 09:45 PM..
SunshineFlower is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 10:53 PM   #120

kandeekane will become famous soon enough

FYI. Anytime something pops up or even any website that is suspicious you don't want to X off of it. If you click on it even to X off (close it) you are down loading a trojan and/or malware. You need to hit Alt and the F4 key (located at the top of your computer, it is a function key). This will close out the webpage without having to click on anything. Because trojans and malware place their stuff in the X (close button) so as soon as you click on it to close it you have given 'permission' for the trojan/malware to download itself into your computer without realizing it.
kandeekane is offline Female Reply With Quote

Tags
ducki, girlwholovesdog was here, go away evil scammers, go away scammers, goawaymeanscamers, gringersnap♥, heey dog, leave now!, plz help ganz, scam, stop scammers!, t.t.tawnypup, wow really scammers?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: