Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-13-2011, 09:40 PM   #101
hut? Mighty Moolitia
Gifted

AuntMary57 is an unparalleled talent
AuntMary57 is an unparalleled talentAuntMary57 is an unparalleled talentAuntMary57 is an unparalleled talentAuntMary57 is an unparalleled talentAuntMary57 is an unparalleled talentAuntMary57 is an unparalleled talentAuntMary57 is an unparalleled talentAuntMary57 is an unparalleled talentAuntMary57 is an unparalleled talentAuntMary57 is an unparalleled talentAuntMary57 is an unparalleled talent

WI Subscriber
Donation Award 
Default Re: Fake Webkinz Advertisements Appearing on Internet

View Post Originally Posted by YYZRules
I'm getting a little mad at Ganz. First the E-Store, next the Deluxe Membership, and then they add ads (try saying that five times)! No offence Ganz, but this wouldn't of happened if they didn't add ads.

Don't get me wrong, I love Webkinz, but the things Ganz will do....
First off, thanks WI for letting us know about this! I'm allegedly an adult (LOL!) and I'm pretty internet savvy but even I may have clicked on this!

As to what everyone has said about "coins" and "fonts" and "slightly off", I agree BUT the boxes the Trading Cards at Dollar Tree are in don't EXACTLY have the Webinkz logo on them...it's just sorta "Webkinz-esque"...as is this ad.

And as to this being Ganz's fault? Oh no, it's not Ganz that is doing this! I imagine their legal team will have big fun starting Monday stomping the peeps that are behind this!

Copyrights and trademarks, branding...BIG BUCKS. Ganz won't take this one lying down!

Thanks again for the heads up WI...this site is the BEST!
AuntMary57 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2011, 09:59 PM   #102
Gift Guru

sadddleprincess has a spectacular aura aboutsadddleprincess has a spectacular aura about

Who ever came up with this was not even smart enough to say "KinzCash" instead of "Coins" that made me raise my eyebrows after just seeing that screenshot and not reading the headline.

Does anyone know if this is potentially viral or is it just going to try and get you to enter your Webkinz username and password?

I'm getting a little mad at Ganz. First the E-Store, next the Deluxe Membership, and then they add ads (try saying that five times)! No offence Ganz, but this wouldn't of happened if they didn't add ads.

WW has always ad some kind of ads in it, but that is neither here nor there since these ads are not on Ganz owned sites. They are people on other sites trying to exploit Ganz customers.

Last edited by sadddleprincess; 02-13-2011 at 09:59 PM..
sadddleprincess is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 11:19 PM   #103
Webkinz :)

noel911 is an unknown quantity at this point

This is crazy!! Webkinz has a lot of little kids who enjoy it. It would be so easy for scammers to get there information. Why are people so mean? I just don't get it.
noel911 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 11:20 PM   #104
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

WOW...I hope that Ganz catches this, too This is scary stuff
Dixiecup is online now Female Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 11:47 PM   #105
I AM CANADIAN!
Gift Guru

FroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talent

View Post Originally Posted by FroggyDoodle
Unfortunately this is not Ganz not protecting it's site....this is someone exploiting Ganz for their own benefit....and I'm sure Ganz is more than aware of it...It's all the other sites allowing the popup who's security needs tightening!
View Post Originally Posted by sadddleprincess

WW has always ad some kind of ads in it, but that is neither here nor there since these ads are not on Ganz owned sites. They are people on other sites trying to exploit Ganz customers.
I have to repost this....everyone has to realize that like I said, and saddleprincess reiterated....this IS NOT a Ganz issue....this is OTHER SITES exploiting the popularity of Ganz and it's members!!!! It is the security on those OTHER SITES allowing this!!! I do not believe these ads are showing up on a Ganz site...it is other sites!
FroggyDoodle is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 12:06 AM   #106
1234swees

kinzscout is an unknown quantity at this point

Thumbs down Re: Fake Webkinz Advertisements Appearing on Internet

That's terrible! I did do it was , a long time ago actually. It was like an IQ quiz. I was all happy until the end, when it asked for it cellphone's number. I don't have one!
kinzscout is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 01:26 AM   #107
balletrockstar85
Gifted

balletrockstar is just really niceballetrockstar is just really nice

It looks like a phishing site where they try to get your password and stuff, to me. I hope people don't get tricked by this. It is a shame that someone would do this.
balletrockstar is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 02:12 AM   #108
Mark The Seal

Buttercup is a forum hero
Buttercup is a forum heroButtercup is a forum heroButtercup is a forum heroButtercup is a forum heroButtercup is a forum heroButtercup is a forum heroButtercup is a forum heroButtercup is a forum heroButtercup is a forum heroButtercup is a forum heroButtercup is a forum heroButtercup is a forum hero

Thank you for this warning. I have not seeing this ad. If, I do. I will not click on it.
Buttercup is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 04:39 AM   #109
Steelers Nation

webkinzboy13 will become famous soon enough

That's simply pathetic. Young kids are pretty gullible & if they click it then they could end up with viruses!
webkinzboy13 is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 08:27 AM   #110

luvteh is not just visiting!luvteh is not just visiting!luvteh is not just visiting!luvteh is not just visiting!luvteh is not just visiting!luvteh is not just visiting!luvteh is not just visiting!luvteh is not just visiting!luvteh is not just visiting!luvteh is not just visiting!luvteh is not just visiting!

Thumbs down Re: Fake Webkinz Advertisements Appearing on Internet

Wow. What kind of weird-o would do that? Trick kids WHILE using copyrighted images, how sad. That is just wrong, mean, and also stealing. SOOOOOOO BAAAAAD. thnks 4 lettn' us know FIA, you are so awesome 4 that. ps. HAPPY V-DAY!
luvteh is offline Male Reply With Quote

Tags
ducki, girlwholovesdog was here, go away evil scammers, go away scammers, goawaymeanscamers, gringersnap‚ô•, heey dog, leave now!, plz help ganz, scam, stop scammers!, t.t.tawnypup, wow really scammers?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: