Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-20-2011, 09:27 PM   #61
e love webkinz
Gift Guru

scienter is headed for the top!scienter is headed for the top!scienter is headed for the top!scienter is headed for the top!scienter is headed for the top!scienter is headed for the top!scienter is headed for the top!scienter is headed for the top!scienter is headed for the top!scienter is headed for the top!scienter is headed for the top!scienter is headed for the top!

Default Re: Expired Accounts Have Limitations

View Post Originally Posted by robertcleveland
One thing I found annoying was you couldn't use a welcome back code, I had 2 extra accounts almost expired and I was waiting for the grace period to finish and have the place to use the welcome back code, now I have 2 codes and no way to use them , I was looking forward to those E-store points I guess Ganz happened.
same here
scienter is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2011, 04:01 PM   #62
Gifted

bp13 is a splendid one to beholdbp13 is a splendid one to beholdbp13 is a splendid one to beholdbp13 is a splendid one to behold

I guess it's good that the expired accounts don't shut down completely--and it's good for little ones, who are not using the trading and posting a lot. But really, it still does expire / sort of shut down. I have mixed feelings about it.
bp13 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 11:30 AM   #63
Webkinz :)

MusicLover101 has a spectacular aura about

I think thats really unfair. I mean I wanted to be a GG SO BAD but now I can't be one
MusicLover101 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 12:53 PM   #64
ebkinz Lover!

zebultux is worth the waitzebultux is worth the wait
zebultux is worth the waitzebultux is worth the waitzebultux is worth the waitzebultux is worth the waitzebultux is worth the waitzebultux is worth the waitzebultux is worth the waitzebultux is worth the waitzebultux is worth the waitzebultux is worth the waitzebultux is worth the waitzebultux is worth the waitzebultux is worth the waitzebultux is worth the waitzebultux is worth the wait

They were not saying that our account will not expire anymore? I'm confuse now...

My account says it's automatic renewal, I guess it's because my deluxe subscription?

Click the image to open in full size.

On my daughter account that says it expires in January 2012 because I am adopt a new pet for her today, thinking that it would renew his account forever ...
I was wrong it seems ...

Click the image to open in full size.

So, is it me who has misunderstood, or for some people, the account will never expire, deluxe member or not?

Please, explain to me, thanks!!!
zebultux is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 02:35 PM   #65
Unregistered

pigtoes95:

i'm confused how do you know if you have resrictions? so do they still expire?

my account says it epxires november 11 i thought they werent going to expire! i am so confused i hAVE deluxe membership so doesnt that mean it wont expire?

Answer:

Remember before if your account expired you could NOT play anymore until you adopt another webkinz?
Well, now, if your account expires, you'll still be able to play, just not:
Trade, Send packages, or buy party boxes.
Old 01-24-2011, 07:46 PM   #66
Gifted

frostfur has disabled reputation

Darn, I was so excited to get rid of the 5 extra accounts I'm tired of taking care of. XD
This stinks too cause now I can't take stuff off expired accounts my friends no longer play on.
Oh well, I'll live.
It's still nice to not have to keep adopting new pets.
frostfur is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 09:22 PM   #67
Gifted

poobears is sweet stuff
poobears is sweet stuffpoobears is sweet stuffpoobears is sweet stuffpoobears is sweet stuffpoobears is sweet stuffpoobears is sweet stuff

Full access to your account will still expire in a year if you don't adopt a pet. You can still access the limited portion of your account. You just can't trade, send items etc. They still need to keep people aware of when their full access ends so they keep the expiration dates there.

I agree that no matter what Ganz does people will complain. My goodness they are giving free access to account people haven't bothered with in ages but that still isn't enough. If you haven't played in over a year why would they keep your accounts on their servers? You abandoned the account for over a year!

Ganz is a business. A business needs profits to grow. If they let everyone play everything for free how would they keep their business going? They aren't being mean they are running a business, no profit, no webkinz at all.
poobears is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 08:40 PM   #68
Unregistered

View Post Originally Posted by Tula
Well I know my comment will not be popular but I feel these few things are the perfect ones to remove from accounts that are free. Here is why. Personally I feel that many many will be opening accounts and making them free. This increases the security risks for those who trade in the trading room and sending gifts out of kinzpost. It makes a lot of sense that someone could have malicious accounts just to try to get information in order to access other people's accounts. The best way to do that is to have access to their kinzpost and the trading room. If you remove those two security risky activities then chances are you will be a safer community once you go free accounts. It really does make sense and I think it was the right move.
It would also keep people from sending all your stuff to another account. I agree with you with safety, but I think that once accounts are opened, people might send all their stuff.
Old 01-29-2011, 02:15 PM   #69

kandeekane will become famous soon enough

You are also not eligible to win 'click to win' stuff at the webkinz news site. For instance the floating restaurant shirt going on this weekend.

If you have been "Sharing" with your friends and "Helping" others and you have extra accounts then you have been a full member this whole time so what is your complaint? You had to adopt a webkinz or buy a deluxe membership to even play on webkinz at all so what is the big deal? If you like to trade and send kinzpost then nothing changes for you. You just adopt another webkinz like you have in the past or buy deluxe. If you just want to play games and don't care about trading or sending then the free thing is good.

View Post Originally Posted by grammak
So if I understand it all correctly - ME and ALL my friends must now become FULL MEMBERS to be able to send GIFTS or TRADE with each other. My definition of that is SHARING - we HELP each other to grow our accounts. We even have extra accounts so that we can SHARE with strangers or new members (inclucding Rares & Outlet items & YES Gift Box Items|||!!!) . Did I miss something here? I am extremely upset about this new improvement?????

Last edited by kandeekane; 01-29-2011 at 02:15 PM..
kandeekane is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 04:40 PM   #70

Bloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum master
Bloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum master

View Post Originally Posted by grammak
So if I understand it all correctly - ME and ALL my friends must now become FULL MEMBERS to be able to send GIFTS or TRADE with each other. My definition of that is SHARING - we HELP each other to grow our accounts. We even have extra accounts so that we can SHARE with strangers or new members (inclucding Rares & Outlet items & YES Gift Box Items|||!!!) . Did I miss something here? I am extremely upset about this new improvement?????
View Post Originally Posted by kandeekane
If you have been "Sharing" with your friends and "Helping" others and you have extra accounts then you have been a full member this whole time so what is your complaint? You had to adopt a webkinz or buy a deluxe membership to even play on webkinz at all so what is the big deal? If you like to trade and send kinzpost then nothing changes for you. You just adopt another webkinz like you have in the past or buy deluxe. If you just want to play games and don't care about trading or sending then the free thing is good.
Grammak and all others on this thread who think that Ganz has taken something away from you, you misunderstand what has happened. Kandeekane is correct. As long as you are now a member, everything remains the same. Everything is good.

The confusion stems from Ganz's use of the new term "Full Member." You mistakenly think that that now makes you a lesser member, but all Ganz did was change the terminology. Nothing was taken away from you. All those who were Members at the time of the change are now Full Members. That change of name was necessary to differentiate paid-up members (those who have bought a pet or a Deluxe Membership) from the new category of players who do not buy anything but still keep limited access to their expired accounts. I assume they will now be called Members, though I didn't see that stated anywhere. All you have to do to keep your full membership when your year is up is do what you have always done: buy a new Webkins or Deluxe Membership.

As for all those kids who were mourning their lost pets because they couldn't afford to renew their accounts, they can have them back.

This time Ganz has definitely done something good.
Bloo's Pal is offline Female Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: