Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-11-2008, 07:10 PM   #1
rleong

Justin has disabled reputation

Arrow EXCLUSIVE: Webkinz Insider staff member Meets Webkinz Creative Director!!

One of our staff members, cynalot, signed two of her children up for the March Break
focus group and while she was there had an opportunity to meet and discuss a few
things with the Creative Director of Webkinz.

While her children taking part in the 20 minute session, cynalot chatted to the
coordinator and mentioned that she was an active member of a fansite for Webkinz.
After finding out that the site was Webkinz Insider, cynalot was asked if she would like
to meet the Creative Director of Webkinz.

"I only had an opportunity to speak to him for a few minutes. I sent my regards on
Justin's behalf and asked him what was going on with the Curio Shop"

"I think he thought I was going to complain about the one rare limit and the lack of
advance notice but was very surprised when I explained how the different time zones
were seeing a different rare schedule and how the rares had been known to switch
mid-hour in the Asian and European Curio Shop."

According to the Creative Director, the rare schedules are fully automated and random, but each time
zone is supposed to follow the same schedule so there is a bug somewhere in the
Curio system.

"On my way out, I passed his office and had the opportunity to pop in and ask him
one last question about the recent surprise retirees. He told me that yes, the love
puppy and sherbert bunny are officially retired. Originally they had intended to keep the
door open, but since they had no plans for a re-release this year or next year that it was
simpler to just retire them altogether. He also said that there were mistakes on the list
that they are working to fix as we speak."

As to the Focus group, the children were asked to do three different activities and
answer a few questions.

Both of her children put on a felt board show, made a marble contraption and did a
counting exercise. They were also asked to choose their favorites out of six prototype
stuffed animals.

"I was asked to fill out a few questionnaires and also asked to choose my favorites out
of the six prototypes. They clearly stated that they could not tell me what the focus
group was for, but my impression was that these were not future webkinz. If I were to
guess I would have to say that perhaps Ganz is considering an offshoot website
specifically for the preschooler."

[Click for Article...]
Justin is offline Male
Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2008, 07:10 PM   #2
Webkinz :)

rainbowwebkinz is a name known to allrainbowwebkinz is a name known to allrainbowwebkinz is a name known to all

Default Re: EXCLUSIVE: Webkinz Insider staff member Meets Webkinz Creative Director!!

Cool!! Omg
rainbowwebkinz is offline Female
Old 03-11-2008, 07:10 PM   #3
creampuff8

Dakoyoko will become famous soon enough

Default Re: EXCLUSIVE: Webkinz Insider staff member Meets Webkinz Creative Director!!

Oh no! How could they reitre them?
Old 03-11-2008, 07:16 PM   #4
Gift Guru

Jazicat has much to be proud ofJazicat has much to be proud ofJazicat has much to be proud ofJazicat has much to be proud of

Thank you for the information! As always WI and their members are the best!
Jazicat is offline Female
Old 03-11-2008, 07:24 PM   #5
fleurfrance
Gifted

Fleur19 will become famous soon enough

Oh, wow! That's great to hear! So there IS a bug..... I hope it works out for them. I hope one of the mistakes on the list is the Lil' Leopard, it's crazy to retire it so soon. And I'd like to hear more about these prototypes and her suspicion of a new Ganz site.
Old 03-11-2008, 07:46 PM   #6
megamu
Gift Guru

megamom is a glorious beacon of lightmegamom is a glorious beacon of lightmegamom is a glorious beacon of light

Thank you for sharing! I just knew they were interested in WI!! It's like a free focus group with their primary market base...plus it's a lot of fun! Maybe they're undercover in here!
Old 03-11-2008, 07:59 PM   #7
bubblemonkey13

I wish I could have met him.

But i am only a kid so that probably wouldn't work. I have so many questions for him!! LOL

I am glad they asked about the curio shop stuff
Old 03-11-2008, 08:09 PM   #8
Good Luck Chefs!!

AChip is a golden guideAChip is a golden guideAChip is a golden guideAChip is a golden guideAChip is a golden guideAChip is a golden guideAChip is a golden guideAChip is a golden guideAChip is a golden guideAChip is a golden guideAChip is a golden guideAChip is a golden guideAChip is a golden guideAChip is a golden guide

Thank you for sharing this and how cool to get to talk to him!!!

---------- AChip added 3 Minutes and 20 Seconds later ----------

P.S. Glad to hear about the Curio Shop, not that it has a bug but that it
is not supposed to be changing as it is.

Last edited by AChip; 03-11-2008 at 08:09 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
AChip is offline Female
Old 03-11-2008, 08:34 PM   #9
T0MMY! xD
Gifted

sp0ngeb0br0cksny is just really nicesp0ngeb0br0cksny is just really nice

cool but too bad the sherbert bunny and love puppy are retired! he told us they would re-release.. fine. i guess i'll never be able to get them.. lol
sp0ngeb0br0cksny is offline Male
Old 03-11-2008, 08:54 PM   #10
arm and fuzzy
Gift Guru

Googlesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyond
Googlesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyond

Man i would have asked him about the cheeky raccoon!
I wonder if the raccoons retirement is a glitch too?
Googlesboogles is offline Male
Closed

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: