Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-23-2009, 11:14 PM   #81
Webkinz :)

tarayvonne challenges the impossibletarayvonne challenges the impossible
tarayvonne challenges the impossibletarayvonne challenges the impossibletarayvonne challenges the impossibletarayvonne challenges the impossible

Default Re: EXCLUSIVE: Ganz's Official Statement On Account Bannings in Webkinz World!

View Post Originally Posted by nmiller8
It is a little confusing. Back when the big glich happened, my son's account was hacked and ALL his items where kinzposted to other accounts (like 30+ accounts). I called Ganz as soon as I noticed, they saw what had happened and WHO did it but nothing was done to fix my sons account. Ganz even saw that my son HAD 5 BLUE racers that were the first to be mailed.

To this day my son's account is still very empty and Ganz says there is nothing they can do to give my son back his items.

Now Ganz is going to start banning accounts... why didn't they do something to the person who took my son's items?
Wow, that's terrible! An older child tricked my seven year old into telling them her username and password but she told me as soon as she got off the bus that so and so was going to be her friend on webkinz and needed her info in order to do so. I immediately got on her account and changed her password before any damage was done. For your son's sake-it's too bad that Ganz couldn't return the items. I'm sorry for your little guy!
tarayvonne is offline Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-2009, 11:19 PM   #82
spongiebobbie
Gift Guru

CatCaretaker has a reputation beyond reputeCatCaretaker has a reputation beyond reputeCatCaretaker has a reputation beyond reputeCatCaretaker has a reputation beyond reputeCatCaretaker has a reputation beyond reputeCatCaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: EXCLUSIVE: Ganz's Official Statement On Account Bannings in Webkinz World!

I have never heard of the duplication problem...and thought when I read that on a GG thread that it was a made-up thing...sad to hear that it isn't....but impressed that I read about it ? sometime within the last day or two...and already it's fixed!

Also glad that those people who are selling virtual items for crazy money can't do that. I think that was awful. There is no way anyone wants to trade me for my stuff if they can sell it for mega money. (OK no one wants to trade for my stuff anyways! Lol! But that's not the point!)

Like how Ganz has paid WI compliments. I think the WI community through their enthusiasm either reporting glitches, saying what they would like to see in WW if they could create, and every topic Webkinz just makes people excited about areas they might now know about...and that has to be good for Ganz! I think Justin and Wendy, every Administrator, Mod, and even every community member should be proud! Thanks for the Shout Out Ganz!

Ganz...Also impressed that my blue box has finally turned into a Candy Cane and I was able to harvest today! Hooray!

Hint....Still waiting for the woodland wonders key glitch to be fixed...I need my prize!
CatCaretaker is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 11:20 PM   #83

EatingPie789 is on a distinguished road

umm....I guess this is a big deal or I haven't been noticing it. Oh well this post really doesn't concern me.
EatingPie789 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 11:20 PM   #84
sara77elaine

sara77elaine has a spectacular aura aboutsara77elaine has a spectacular aura about

View Post Originally Posted by nmiller8
It is a little confusing. Back when the big glich happened, my son's account was hacked and ALL his items where kinzposted to other accounts (like 30+ accounts). I called Ganz as soon as I noticed, they saw what had happened and WHO did it but nothing was done to fix my sons account. Ganz even saw that my son HAD 5 BLUE racers that were the first to be mailed.

To this day my son's account is still very empty and Ganz says there is nothing they can do to give my son back his items.

Now Ganz is going to start banning accounts... why didn't they do something to the person who took my son's items?
Oh no, how unfair! I can't believe they wouldn't give your stuff back, especially since they know your account was tampered with & they knew where the items went. Terrible! So sorry to hear this...
My daughter was cheated in the trading room a few weeks back & has yet to be back on the site. Not sure she will come back. Unfair things happen in life, she knows that, but things like your situation & ours make it so something that was once fun isn't seen the same way & may never be the same.
Sara
sara77elaine is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 11:25 PM   #85
Janet_xo3 has a spectacular aura aboutJanet_xo3 has a spectacular aura about

I don't get what "exploits" are.......never heard of any of it before. I guess I shouldn't be surprised. My question is can I trade safely in the trading room? Should I not trade my retired items?
Janet_xo3 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 11:27 PM   #86

lgr626 will become famous soon enough

Sorry to sound so stupid, but I don't understand what they are talking about. What is an "exploit" and how do people "generate" it? Are they talking about people hacking or manipulating an account so that they get more prizes or something? It wasn't very clear from their statement (unless you knew what they were talking about in the first place). It sounded like some people have come up with a way to somehow manipulate the prizes they receive in WW or maybe find a way to generate rare items?! I'm confused. Can anybody explain this to me?
lgr626 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 11:35 PM   #87

tarayvonne challenges the impossibletarayvonne challenges the impossibletarayvonne challenges the impossibletarayvonne challenges the impossible

Oh I forgot, is it safe to send gifts after they reopen kinzpost or will they be thinking everyone is a rare item seller now? I have several kids and friends I kinzpost my extra rares to for fun because I want to share what I have. Back when I first started I made some great friends who gave me retired things that they had extra of just to be nice. I have never forgot their kindness and now I try to "pay it forward" to friends I make in the clubhouse. Especially kids who add me as a friend and then I go to my page and look up theirs to see what they have. Usually it's nothing compared to the 180 pets I have. So when I adopt a new pet and get some rare I already have in my collection I send it to the little kids. I like to think that when they get that pretty kinzpost box their eyes light up when they open it and see something great that they couldn't otherwise get. It makes me happy to think I'm making them happy. Now all I feel is scared that Ganz will think these gifts are something other than what they really are. How do we know what is acceptable to them if we have no idea what will be considered wrong in their eyes? Now I feel as though all kinzposts will possibly be judged or watched. I honestly don't feel safe to send anything to anyone because what if? I have a huge account and it would be a great monetary loss for me if it were shut down. I even have most every estore item released so far. I just feel worried now about trading and kinzpost.
Old 10-23-2009, 11:36 PM   #88
Gifted

BubbaGump has a reputation beyond reputeBubbaGump has a reputation beyond reputeBubbaGump has a reputation beyond reputeBubbaGump has a reputation beyond reputeBubbaGump has a reputation beyond reputeBubbaGump has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm, maybe that explains my incredible run of luck in the trading rooms a couple of weeks ago. I managed to trade for 3 gold safes in the same day. Not that I was looking for gold safes, but people just kept offering them in trades; I thought maybe they had been un-retired and I just hadn't heard about it yet. Oh well, at least I have 4 gold safes now (I already had 1), I hope this doesn't affect the value.
BubbaGump is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 11:43 PM   #89

View Post Originally Posted by BubbaGump
Hmm, maybe that explains my incredible run of luck in the trading rooms a couple of weeks ago. I managed to trade for 3 gold safes in the same day. Not that I was looking for gold safes, but people just kept offering them in trades; I thought maybe they had been un-retired and I just hadn't heard about it yet. Oh well, at least I have 4 gold safes now (I already had 1), I hope this doesn't affect the value.
That's probably because recently the trade value went down due to the estore offering it for sale awhile back. Lots of people on here were angry about that. Like when the elephant statue replica was offered for sale for one day-I thought people were going to lose thier minds over that and the blue dragster replica. I was happy because I had neither of them and was glad to be able to get them since I wasn't a webkinz member when they were available still. I bet that's why you were able to trade for them easily.

oops *their typo error
Old 10-23-2009, 11:45 PM   #90

Doggyfan is not just visiting!Doggyfan is not just visiting!Doggyfan is not just visiting!Doggyfan is not just visiting!Doggyfan is not just visiting!Doggyfan is not just visiting!Doggyfan is not just visiting!Doggyfan is not just visiting!Doggyfan is not just visiting!Doggyfan is not just visiting!Doggyfan is not just visiting!

View Post Originally Posted by Munchies
Actually, we werent really the last to know, it was brought up in the Gift Guru section, but closed alittle after..

And theres always the people who dont belong to a forum that dont know about it
Wow I just learned of this yesterday when I saw a couple of post on here. The first post I saw had just opened and been closed and then a little while later I saw someone else post. So I'm kind of shocked and wondering how long some WI members have had this information (how long ago was it posted in the gift guru section and why was it closed)? I'm not a gift guru and think this information would have been very helpful to us in the regular section. I come on WI several times (a ton) a day and whether this was just a rumor or not it would have been great if we had all been given the heads up to watch out. I certainly applaud Gantz and their effort to rid us of people that would duplicate and take advantage of others but what are the innocent people who now wonder if their items are ligit suppose to do? I'm just so shocked to hear this has been rumoured for months and we just now get the news yesterday. You have to wonder if someone with this capability is an employee or exemployee.
Doggyfan is offline Female Reply With Quote

Tags
code wowewe, dudeness was here (:, frugal!, gp was here!, hurricanes, icky hackers, their serious people!!!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: