Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!


Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-06-2009, 06:37 PM   #231
jeepboy01
Webkinz :)
 
Jeepboy01's Avatar
Jeepboy01 has a spectacular aura about

Donation Award 
Default Re: EXCLUSIVE: Ganz's Official Statement On Account Bannings in Webkinz World!

Glad tp hear that they are taking care of these issues!
Jeepboy01 is offline Male Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-06-2009, 08:09 PM   #232
Are we there yet?
Gift Guru
 
PinkSlicky's Avatar
PinkSlicky is a glorious beacon of lightPinkSlicky is a glorious beacon of lightPinkSlicky is a glorious beacon of light

Default Re: EXCLUSIVE: Ganz's Official Statement On Account Bannings in Webkinz World!

View Post Originally Posted by Jeepboy01
Glad tp hear that they are taking care of these issues!
Sadly, they have done nothing to stop the glitch that allows duplication to begin with. Other than closing a few accounts they knew were selling, they have barely put a dent in that market.

They ARE banning accounts for merely having had certain items on them regardless of how they got them. My primary account was banned for having had one item on it that I do not even have any longer. I have had the account for 18 mo, and someone unexpectedly sent me an item about a month ago. As we all know, you cannot refuse a kp from anyone. I sent the item back, yet my account is still banned because I received the item. Yes, this one item is the only reason GANZ has stated for my account being banned. I have a whopping total of six priceless items on my account after 18 months, and they are not even suspect items for duplicators. I have never bought or sold on the "illegal site", and I do not duplicate.

I was sent a kp is what I did wrong in their opinion. I was banned for something that is entirely out of my control, only GANZ has control over this. GANZ has ensured that I could not delete the KP without opening it, and I could not refuse the KP. I sent it back and that was not good enough to secure my account. Now they are still trying to decide if they will reinstate my account or not. I will have to call them over and over and over, and eventually they may decide to reinstate my account, but of course they just as likely may not. The statement they made saying an account that duplicates is vastly different than one that does not is true, however they are really not looking at the accounts.

In other words, they are not really taking care of any issues in my opinion anyway. Oh and yeah, I am a bit upset .
PinkSlicky is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 09:58 PM   #233
I love my FAMILY
Webkinz :)
 
Cupcake Joy's Avatar
Cupcake Joy is sweet stuff
Cupcake Joy is sweet stuffCupcake Joy is sweet stuffCupcake Joy is sweet stuffCupcake Joy is sweet stuffCupcake Joy is sweet stuffCupcake Joy is sweet stuff

Default Re: EXCLUSIVE: Ganz's Official Statement On Account Bannings in Webkinz World!

View Post Originally Posted by PinkSlicky
Sadly, they have done nothing to stop the glitch that allows duplication to begin with. Other than closing a few accounts they knew were selling, they have barely put a dent in that market.

They ARE banning accounts for merely having had certain items on them regardless of how they got them. My primary account was banned for having had one item on it that I do not even have any longer. I have had the account for 18 mo, and someone unexpectedly sent me an item about a month ago. As we all know, you cannot refuse a kp from anyone. I sent the item back, yet my account is still banned because I received the item. Yes, this one item is the only reason GANZ has stated for my account being banned. I have a whopping total of six priceless items on my account after 18 months, and they are not even suspect items for duplicators. I have never bought or sold on the "illegal site", and I do not duplicate.

I was sent a kp is what I did wrong in their opinion. I was banned for something that is entirely out of my control, only GANZ has control over this. GANZ has ensured that I could not delete the KP without opening it, and I could not refuse the KP. I sent it back and that was not good enough to secure my account. Now they are still trying to decide if they will reinstate my account or not. I will have to call them over and over and over, and eventually they may decide to reinstate my account, but of course they just as likely may not. The statement they made saying an account that duplicates is vastly different than one that does not is true, however they are really not looking at the accounts.

In other words, they are not really taking care of any issues in my opinion anyway. Oh and yeah, I am a bit upset .
I am so sorry to hear about your account, I have gone through having my account banned as well and I eventually got it back. It will take a few days, many corrrespondences, and frustrations, but since you did not do anything wrong, I'm sure you will get it back. The Supervisor I spoke to was very helpful, so i am sure they will help you too. Just keep trying to log into your account, as they won't let you know that they un- banned it. Hang in there-you haven't done anything wrong.
Cupcake Joy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 08:10 AM   #234
Webkinz :)
 
meems's Avatar
meems is an unknown quantity at this point

Donation Award 
Default Re: EXCLUSIVE: Ganz's Official Statement On Account Bannings in Webkinz World!

Grandma whats to know is this at the trading floor? At webkinz? She thought trading was a safe place to trade confused a little. If you answer this me and my Grandma have a hard time finding where we posted. We kinda only read the front page this place is very hard for us to get around and look for things. But, Thank you for your help.
meems is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 03:11 AM   #235
Webkinz :)
 
BobbiesZoo's Avatar
BobbiesZoo is the bees knees!BobbiesZoo is the bees knees!BobbiesZoo is the bees knees!BobbiesZoo is the bees knees!BobbiesZoo is the bees knees!BobbiesZoo is the bees knees!

Default Re: EXCLUSIVE: Ganz's Official Statement On Account Bannings in Webkinz World!

It's all very scary, really. All the time and money I have invested! Duplicating items would never have crossed my mind, why do people have to do things like this? If someone trades for an item fairly then Ganz says it's a dupe, what then? I'm sure some of these items are being traded 'round and 'round and it would be hard to find the original source of a dupe when all the other traders have simply traded fairly for the item, not having a clue as to it's origins. I wasn't even aware that you could buy virtual items from an auction site until someone pointed one out! Seemed like a strange and risky thing to me anyhow. It's all very frighting and strange. I'm not trading anymore, for now, just giving a few gifts here and there and not expecting anything in return. I'll get what I get w/the adoption of new pets and thru the eStore.
BobbiesZoo is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 11:56 AM   #236
ʎʞɔɐʍ ɐp sı ɯoɯɹǝʞɔo
Gift Guru
 
rockermom's Avatar
rockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a hero
rockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a hero

WI Subscriber
Default Re: EXCLUSIVE: Ganz's Official Statement On Account Bannings in Webkinz World!

View Post Originally Posted by boograndma
After reading the post here...I am a nervous wreck. I have done nothing wrong but that doesn't seem to matter when "they" decide on banning an account. I think the they need to give us an update and let us know why they are making so many mistakes in banning the wrong accounts.
I would not worry so.

If you have done nothing wrong. Have not received any expensive items (like on the internet) or have them mysteriously appear on your account.....then you should have nothing to worry about.
rockermom is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 12:28 AM   #237
Webkinz :)
 
ladywhitehorse's Avatar
ladywhitehorse has much to be proud ofladywhitehorse has much to be proud ofladywhitehorse has much to be proud ofladywhitehorse has much to be proud ofladywhitehorse has much to be proud of

Default Re: EXCLUSIVE: Ganz's Official Statement On Account Bannings in Webkinz World!

View Post Originally Posted by Cupcake Joy
Hi, this is my very first post to WI, so I hope i am doing it right. My account got banned, and when I spoke to a supervisor he said it was because of duplicating and or selling, and I told him I don't know much about computers aside from being a Webkinz addict. I had to answer a lot of questions and explain who I sent items to(which were only Snow White items)and how I received certain items. It took about a week to clear things up, and because I was totally innocent, they finally gave me my account back. It was very frustrating and depressing being accused of such illegal activity. I am happy to have my account back, but unsure of how much more time, energy and money to spend on it knowing that they could ban the account again at anytime. It's so sad that because of those people duplicating, a lot of us are suffering needlessly. Thanks to all of you on WI, your posts helped me alot during this stressful time.
Well, I'm still very uneasy about this. We have never bought from anyone but Webkinz eStore. Never sold or duplicated anything. Didn't even know it was possible. My daughter is the big player at our house. She has a birthday coming & Christmas will soon be here. Her wish list looks like a Webkinz catalog! I just don't want to spend that much money on Webkinz if her accounts may be closed for no reason. I mean, Snow White items & moon lamps? Really! Not worth the risk of spoiling her birthday & Christmas. I had hoped for another statement from Ganz by now. Our accounts are OK now, but child is worried & so am I. This does not make me want to rush out & buy more pets, no matter how cute they are.
ladywhitehorse is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 09:46 AM   #238
Are we there yet?
Gift Guru
 
PinkSlicky's Avatar
PinkSlicky is a glorious beacon of lightPinkSlicky is a glorious beacon of lightPinkSlicky is a glorious beacon of light

Default Re: EXCLUSIVE: Ganz's Official Statement On Account Bannings in Webkinz World!

View Post Originally Posted by BobbiesZoo
It's all very scary, really. All the time and money I have invested! Duplicating items would never have crossed my mind, why do people have to do things like this? If someone trades for an item fairly then Ganz says it's a dupe, what then? I'm sure some of these items are being traded 'round and 'round and it would be hard to find the original source of a dupe when all the other traders have simply traded fairly for the item, not having a clue as to it's origins. I wasn't even aware that you could buy virtual items from an auction site until someone pointed one out! Seemed like a strange and risky thing to me anyhow. It's all very frighting and strange. I'm not trading anymore, for now, just giving a few gifts here and there and not expecting anything in return. I'll get what I get w/the adoption of new pets and thru the eStore.
GANZ has decided I bought items from "that" site even though I traded for them. They have access to every kp transaction done, and they can see that I traded certain items of equal value right prior to receiving these items; however, because this person is a seller on that site, I am banned for trading with them. So somehow, we are supposed make sure who ever we trade with does not sell items. My account is banned (I don't dupe or buy/sell), but I notice when I go that site, there still seem to be an overabundance of people selling.....yeah GANZ is really fixing this issue .

I guess I was supposed to spend more time on that site looking for ids of selles to NOT trade with than on forums actually trading. At this time, because of two items I traded for on my 18 month old account, the verdict is: "it does not look like you will be getting this account back." It does not matter that I have only 6 priceless items in 18 months and very few items do I have more than one of.

I have decided for myself what matters is that GANZ is in a financial crisis, and this is their way of reducing accounts to make room for the new accounts opened at Christmas. They will not upgrade their servers or acquire more servers, so they must reduce their account load.....hence ban a certain number of accounts and wait to see if they get sued. A common business practice is to take a risky chance to save money on the short term because the amount saved may outweigh any lawsuit judgment against them.

Oh, and yes their answer changed when I called them back. It went from the one item they originally mentioned to now two other items as well (the two I traded for).

Last edited by PinkSlicky; 11-12-2009 at 10:30 AM..
PinkSlicky is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 11:52 AM   #239
Wacky Holidays!
Webkinz :)
 
SnowCrystal's Avatar
SnowCrystal is stuck on replay
SnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replay

Default Re: EXCLUSIVE: Ganz's Official Statement On Account Bannings in Webkinz World!

View Post Originally Posted by PinkSlicky
GANZ has decided I bought items from "that" site even though I traded for them. They have access to every kp transaction done, and they can see that I traded certain items of equal value right prior to receiving these items; however, because this person is a seller on that site, I am banned for trading with them. So somehow, we are supposed make sure who ever we trade with does not sell items. My account is banned (I don't dupe or buy/sell), but I notice when I go that site, there still seem to be an overabundance of people selling.....yeah GANZ is really fixing this issue .

I guess I was supposed to spend more time on that site looking for ids of selles to NOT trade with than on forums actually trading. At this time, because of two items I traded for on my 18 month old account, the verdict is: "it does not look like you will be getting this account back." It does not matter that I have only 6 priceless items in 18 months and very few items do I have more than one of.

I have decided for myself what matters is that GANZ is in a financial crisis, and this is their way of reducing accounts to make room for the new accounts opened at Christmas. They will not upgrade their servers or acquire more servers, so they must reduce their account load.....hence ban a certain number of accounts and wait to see if they get sued. A common business practice is to take a risky chance to save money on the short term because the amount saved may outweigh any lawsuit judgment against them.

According to their own rules, trading is okay. You should keep calling them until they re-instate your account. Even if you look at those sites, there is no possible way you could figure out the WW id of a trader/seller unless you have direct contact with them (unless they put their WW id in the listing). They have not stopped the problem on those trading sites. Even if a seller is selling an item for real money (which is against the rules), some of them also trade (along with selling). Even if you trade item-for-item of equal value on one of those sites (with a seller that also sells items), your account shouldn't be banned according to Ganz's own rules (unless they are re-interpreting the rules differently now). I am sorry that they haven't given your account back yet.

If they would archive some of the accounts that have been inactive for 6 or more months (instead of giving them a "Member of the Day" trophy), then there would be plenty of room on their servers. Just my opinion.
SnowCrystal is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 04:15 AM   #240
I love my FAMILY
Webkinz :)
 
Cupcake Joy's Avatar
Cupcake Joy is sweet stuff
Cupcake Joy is sweet stuffCupcake Joy is sweet stuffCupcake Joy is sweet stuffCupcake Joy is sweet stuffCupcake Joy is sweet stuffCupcake Joy is sweet stuff

Default Re: EXCLUSIVE: Ganz's Official Statement On Account Bannings in Webkinz World!

View Post Originally Posted by ladywhitehorse
Well, I'm still very uneasy about this. We have never bought from anyone but Webkinz eStore. Never sold or duplicated anything. Didn't even know it was possible. My daughter is the big player at our house. She has a birthday coming & Christmas will soon be here. Her wish list looks like a Webkinz catalog! I just don't want to spend that much money on Webkinz if her accounts may be closed for no reason. I mean, Snow White items & moon lamps? Really! Not worth the risk of spoiling her birthday & Christmas. I had hoped for another statement from Ganz by now. Our accounts are OK now, but child is worried & so am I. This does not make me want to rush out & buy more pets, no matter how cute they are.
I was hoping for another statement from Ganz as well. Even though they gave me back my account, I haven't traded or sent a friend a gift since Oct. for fear of sending them something that was duped. I am just like you, didn't know it was possible. I am not a duper/seller. I don't even know what items were suspected, so I don't want to unknowingly trade or send them to my family/friends. Now when I am on WW, I only play for a short while. There isn't much to do. Trading "was" my favorite pastime. It's such a shame. I hope this is cleared up soon. I don't think this is helping them financially.
Cupcake Joy is offline Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
code wowewe, dudeness was here (:, frugal!, gp was here!, hurricanes, icky hackers, their serious people!!!!!

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:30 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright © 2007-2013 Kopi Enterprises, LLC
WebkinzInsider.Com is not an official site of, sponsored by, nor affiliated with Ganz, Inc, Webkinz, Lil'Kinz, or Kinzville Newz and all character names, logos, and images are trademarks owned by Ganz, Inc.
no new posts