Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-28-2009, 10:40 AM   #211
Lil Kinz

tzugirl2000 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: EXCLUSIVE: Ganz's Official Statement On Account Bannings in Webkinz World!

View Post Originally Posted by catekinz
We are so done with Webkinz/Ganz they have lost their minds and will be losing customers fast!
I fully understand and agree with shutting down hackers and duplicators but I disagree with selling and buying of items. It brings in more users with the desire to collect old retired items and will spend lots of money doing so. Ganz could easily put up a user selling board and they could even profit off that buy charging 2% or 3% of each transaction. I could ramble on and on with how upset I am right now! I would like to find out just how many wrongful bannings Ganz does. I would classify Ganz as the one of the top 10 most greedy companies and they treat their employees horrible, just do some googling around or check out linkedin. Again I have so much retired stuff I wish I could sell it so it wasn't lost from the community but if this is how Ganz wants to treat it's high paying customers or any customers for that matter then I want nothing to do with them. I'll go do business that cares about it's customers.
You have our heart felt sympathy. I know what it is like to look into those beautiful baby eyes and tell them they can’t play with a favorite toy or game anymore – it’s painful. At least I may be able to at least shed some light on the situation.

One could speculate that it hasn’t been a good year for Ganz and it is likely they are dropping as many accounts as possible with no excuses or apologies to reduce their server and admin costs. Perhaps they are shoring up the Profit & Loss statement to sell off this division. I suspect it’s both.

If it is any consolation, we have also spent a ton of cash in a short period of time at the E-store. In doing so, I realized that if Ganz shuts it's door, any E-store items are completely worthless which includes these "priceless" items everyone is so concerned about – they become worthless at Ganz discretion.

So I did some investigating into Ganz as a viable company long term. Bottom line is this Many retailers are fed up with Ganz. Many of them feel they are being treated poorly - changing their terms for order requirements, poor communications, shorting orders, product shortages, distribution nightmares, etc. Many businesses like the Justice Stores (and formerly The Limited Too after their recent buyout) have decreased Kinz shelf space by 50% after their huge Buy One Get One Free sale this summer. A few discussions with small business owners also revealed that sales have fallen off so they too have reduced inventory. I am able to easily make large purchases of Kinz for $6-$8 a piece – 10 -15 toys at a pop. Retailers were glad to unload the inventory.

Employees at Cracker Barrel divulged they were told that Ganz lost their business entirely. Rumor perhaps but I heard this from 2 different sources. Ganz must have went back in on their hands and knees to get that account back since I still see product in the stores.

Add insult to injury, they then introduced the E-Store which directly competes with their retailers bypassing them completely and selling direct to the end user. Talk about biting the hands that fed them. This is typical behavior for a company that has no regard for its customer base. Some companies are successful with this strategy and others are complete failures.

That said, after the massive inventory reductions that have been taken this year, I would bet that year-end bonuses are off the table because lower inventories in the channel would indicate lower top line sales, much tighter margins and I suspect, higher admin costs. That may mean pink slips are coming and another reason to shut down as many accounts as possible. As they try to reign in costs, we can also expect a limit on the number of accounts you can have open coming soon - possibly tied to an email account.

Now they are treating their end users poorly. Given the amount you have invested. I would be pretty ticked off. If you feel strongly about it, you might consider contacting an attorney. A company can write anything they want down in a "wish list" user agreement or non-compete clause. That doesn't mean it will hold up in court and especially a US court. Corporate contracts are disputed everyday over the ridiculous terms they write into “agreements” and disputes can be won with the right team. I hope to see you on the front page of the Wall Street Journal under the headlines "Mom takes on Plumpy the Hippo". It would appear that this Company has allowed it’s ego to get in front of rational business decisions. It happens all the time. I smell a class action lawsuit on the horizon and I would bet a Consumer Advocate Attorney will be more than happy to take the case without a retainer.

Good Luck with your baby's account. I hope you win it back if you want it. My eight year old suggests trying out Poptropica online. She also has a great time with Little Big Planet on PS3. She would move on – she’s eight. Me – I would take on the Evil Doofenschmirtz and make them come clean. Just call me “Perry”…………………
tzugirl2000 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-28-2009, 12:53 PM   #212
Webkinz :)

theacate is on a distinguished road

Default Re: EXCLUSIVE: Ganz's Official Statement On Account Bannings in Webkinz World!

You know I've been thinking about something...

We could all send them emails or call in with our issues but it really doesn't do anything...

Why don't we use the in game "comments and suggestions" to tell them how we feel.. Think about it.. If EVERYONE were to send them all of their info on glitches and issues they are having or just generally how they feel.... It might change something.. At least they would know how upset we are.

TZUGIRL:

Actually CateKinz and I have discussed that very thing at length. A theory we have is they shut down all the accounts on one particular server and then shut down the server. If they run 30 servers and need to chop that number by 10 the best way to slime their way out of them moving accounts is to ban a handful of them for "violating" their user agreement and shut the servers down.

I still wish I could give my account to someone.. I have so much stuff i would hate for it to be lost to the nethers.. However with their comments then i can't go out to the trade rooms and trade any of it out because they will shut me and the recipient down..

I still don't buy the whole duplicating story.. Just a cover story that a lot of people are seeing right through..
theacate is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 04:45 PM   #213
Gifted

Emloveswebkins wows us all with wonderEmloveswebkins wows us all with wonderEmloveswebkins wows us all with wonderEmloveswebkins wows us all with wonderEmloveswebkins wows us all with wonderEmloveswebkins wows us all with wonderEmloveswebkins wows us all with wonderEmloveswebkins wows us all with wonderEmloveswebkins wows us all with wonderEmloveswebkins wows us all with wonder

I don't know how much i should post, but i have talked to people who work for/know people at ganz and the duping is real. On other sites (which will remain unnamed by me) i have seen a certain level 10 trophy be traded, and then all of the sudden there were at least 4 or 5 traded the next day. A person i know said that that they talked to ganz and the duping was real, and their account was banned for having a duped trophy. After a while ganz gave them back their account minus the trophy that was duplicated.

I know some more than this but i dont know if it should be posted if it hasnt been directly sent to me from ganz...
Emloveswebkins is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 08:15 PM   #214

I know the site you are referring to and I have seen similar items go and then if you watch there doesn't seem to be an end to it.. They always have "one or two left" even though if you watch the history of trades they have already given out well over those "one or two" so its all just a bit weird.. My point was they say they just found out about it, when in fact myself and a few others called and spoke to supervisors and said something but we were all just brushed off like no one cared...

The comment that TZUGIRL left makes a lot of sense.. Explains a lot of what has gone on in the past year alone.

Also: I did *finally* get a hold of someone at Ganz.. Now I hope your sitting down for this one.. They banned her account due to pets getting reset too often.. There is only one pet that got reset more than once. A cheeky monkey. Now get this... she was surprised that I mentioned a cheeky monkey.. She said she didn't see anything about a cheeky monkey but a koala... <*scratches head*> the only koala's that are on her account are ones straight from a retailer! How in the world am I suppose to know if a SEALED CODE still on the pet has been used... Did I mention it was from a retailer. oh and the larger one was from my mom in another state.

Now to take this confusion one step further. I did have reset that monkey a few times. It was the whole thing that she couldn't figure out if she wanted the pet on her account or on it's own. I finally gave up and was going to reset it and put it on her account regardless. I was done messing with it.

Now I had been working fairly closely with a support rep at ganz at the time and asked SEVERAL times if there was a limit to how often I could reset a pet.. The answer I got every time I asked was.. As long as the pet isn't past it's 30 day mark it can be reset. I even asked again after that said, is there a limit to resets. The answer was no, just as long as it was under that 30 day mark.

So here I sit now with an account that has been banned due to a pet I bought at a retailer that apparently was reset before I bought it. Or my mom bought it and shipped it.

I'm confused... It still leaves me asking why was her account banned after over 10 months of adopting that monkey (and about the same time the last koala).. Even after I had the help of a supervisor in adopting the pet on her account. Even the supervisor had said they usually only do it once or twice but wouldn't give me direct answer if there was a limit.

I just went back over the user agreement and there is no where in there that says you can't reset a pet once or even more than once. Nothing.. Nowhere can I find it's a big no no.. If we can't reset then why do they have it as an option?

I understand the whole thing of adopting the mystery pet so you can figure out what to name it once you know what type of pet it is but.. This is a little ridiculous.

Sorry.. There's my vent and update...
Old 10-30-2009, 11:26 PM   #215
elrobbins

elrobbins is an unknown quantity at this point

Donation Award 

Hi! I desperately need to vent my frustrations and appreciate this forum for allowing me to do so. I have had a Webkinz account for about 1 1/2 years and have been a mostly inactive member of WI for months as well (but always intend to be more helpful/active when I am feeling better). Two years ago, very soon after getting married, I had to quit my dream job and my volunteering, give up my dream of having kids and basically stop all meaningful things in my life and live 90% of my life in bed because I contracted a rare, excruciating, complex (affects half of my organs and most nerves that control almost everything you do) and usually fatal disease (have not found meds. that keep the disease from progressing yet but there are still more to try, so there is a good chance that if a medicine works I could live a while longer.). I am usually very private about my illness, but need to explain it here to get my frustration across.

I found Webkinz soon after being sick and have been so appreciative of it because I am a big kid at heart and it has been a fabulous thing to distract me from feeling miserable and it is something I can do when I am in really bad shape and don't have the mental ability to do much more (there are times when I am too weak/ill to even play Webkinz also). I have about 15 pets, some signature, many e-store items, many trading card items, deluxe acccount, all access to magic forest games, and bought many virtual items from an online store - like pet specific, a few retired, whatever I really wanted and couldn't get easily trading. I had absolutely no knowledge that this was against policy. It didn't cross my mind because so many were buying and selling. Had I not been sick, my usual overly thorough self would have looked into things more before making purchases. I really couldn't afford all of these purchases but I justified it since it literally kept me sane during some of the times I suffered relentlessly. I am absolutely not overstating how much I suffer soimetimes and how desperately I need a distraction.

I got two neices, a nephew and a few kid friends into Webkinz, bought them pets, sent them items, etc. and play with them online sometimes. I also trade a lot in the clubhouse, mostly to keep myself occupied, make people/Webkinz laugh, and give good trades to nice kids who don't have much. Yesterday I tried to log in and it said my account was perminately banned. This occured either from the purchasing of virtual items (which I of course stopped once Ganz made their statement and I knew it was against policy, and felt like a fool for not knowing that) or from having a copied item(s) in my account - as surely with the number of trades and with the online virtual purchases - my account contained a few copied items if they are as widespread as they seem.

I completely understand why Ganz is banning accounts and am very happy that they have banned those who were copying items and the like. I am also glad they are shutting down buyers/sellers since that is against their user policy, but I think those who were buying/selling in good faith before they made their statement of it being against policy, like myself - perhaps shouldn't be banned. I am an adult and I should have been more thorough before buying, but since I have been extremely ill I make many more mistakes and it also didn't even enter my mind because of so so so many buying and selling- and I am sure others are in the same boat, doing so earnestly without the knowledge of it being wrong amist the sheer number of buyers and sellers and without any statement from Ganz to the topic until now. Couldn't they have made a clear statement before banning accounts (IE giving those who werte buying/selling without knowledge of it being against user policy to stop and not be punished....as I stopped right away and was still punished).

Anyway, I am especially upset for kids accounts that have been shut down when they have done nothing wrong. I am also upset myself because I was doing everything with the best of intentions and am just heartbroken over this. Going through what I am, I know what is really important in life and this is just a game. At the same time, though, I know how much this 'game' has helped me through and I can't imagine starting over. I am going to call Ganz tomorrow and tell them the situation that I was buying without hyaving any idea it was against user policy and will see where that takes me. I am so frustrated though because I am usually too ill to stay put together for any length of time and will loose my composure once I hit a wall physically/mentally and cannot continue to talk. I need most of this energy now for my latest appeal to my insurance for the newest drug that may save me - but since my disease is so rare there are no FDA approvals or trials so I have to reinvent the wheel or pay tens of thousands out of pocket over the next 6 months for a drug that may save my life or may just make me suffer significant side effects.

Thank you to any of you reading this. I did not write this for people to feelsorry for me, but rather because I really needed to vent on the subject to those who would understand and also want to chime in with those unfairly affected by perminant bans (although I do think I am some at fault for (knowingly or not going against the user agreement by buying online Ganz virtual items - whereas innocent kids who are banned for unknowingly having a duplicated item or the like are at no fault whatsoever.) I just think my individual situation warrents that my account not be banned. Please, take away duplicated items and/or even those virtual items purchased fromo nline stores but d- o not perminately ban the whole thing).

Blessings to all of you and looking at the clock now, Happy Halloween!!!

My Webkinz,the Purple Monster, Squirple, was going to be part mad scientist and part hippo. So I will just imagine that for now :bt:
elrobbins is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 12:29 PM   #216
Are we there yet?
Gift Guru

PinkSlicky is a glorious beacon of lightPinkSlicky is a glorious beacon of lightPinkSlicky is a glorious beacon of light

I will have to get back to you, but it seems an overabundance of moon lamps may also lead to banning.

I have a secondary account that the most expensive item on it is a bat chair, I have never bought from "the illegal site", have no clue how to dupe items, this account has two pets that have never been reset (to my knowledge of course), and it has a whopping three rooms on it all decorated with recent w shop other than the bat chairs. The only thing this account has that may be a concern to ganz is close to 100 moon lamps. All bought from the w shop, did not trade for any, and who would dupe moon lamps anyway ? This account was banned yesterday.

Not sure what server it is on, and doubtful I can find out now.
PinkSlicky is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 11:18 PM   #217
webkinzmutter

webkinzmutter will become famous soon enough

View Post Originally Posted by PinkSlicky
I will have to get back to you, but it seems an overabundance of moon lamps may also lead to banning.

I have a secondary account that the most expensive item on it is a bat chair, I have never bought from "the illegal site", have no clue how to dupe items, this account has two pets that have never been reset (to my knowledge of course), and it has a whopping three rooms on it all decorated with recent w shop other than the bat chairs. The only thing this account has that may be a concern to ganz is close to 100 moon lamps. All bought from the w shop, did not trade for any, and who would dupe moon lamps anyway ? This account was banned yesterday.

Not sure what server it is on, and doubtful I can find out now.
Are you talking about my acccount? I got my account banned because I had to many moon lamps Which I bought in the w-shop...I can not help that Ganz's update takes a week to take affect on certain computers and they announced it to be retired while my w-shop still sold them ? Was I wrong I did not think so ... but perhaps I was? What I hated is when I called and ask what the issue was I was told I was a dupper and that Lady had no clue from anything specially knew not much about WW or computers ....I ask for a supervisor and am waiting for his/her call well I guess 15 till 5pm on Friday says everything about the work moral of Ganz reps. besides they have no idea what you talking about because this lady said the moonlamp was her words "Longretired" and she never heard of computers not updating the new items .Even when I told her I have alll the Zum buddies here which I can not play because their update was not in effect on my computer not even with clearing cookies (if she even knew what they were). And that I can not play woodland wonders because of that she said she never heard of that ??I did not believe her because I called twice to ask about it and if my keys got lost because I could not see them .. SO to call me scammer and dupper with no proof and no reason was very very rude and hurt my feelings more then my account being closed!
webkinzmutter is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 12:33 PM   #218
Gifted
ladywine is on a distinguished road

moon lamps? I'm sorry, I know I shouldn't laugh...but moon lamps? who would duplicate those? Stoooopid
ladywine is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 04:13 PM   #219

After dealing with my daughter's account I can tell everyone who has their account banned for whatever inane reason..

CALL THEM! I'm serious..

Also don't start off the call with the info that you know why it was banned. Ask them to tell you why.. You may need to be seated when you hear the answer. Also if you have to talk to supervisor don't wait for a call back. If you don't get a call back in 24 hours CALL THEM back and ask for the super.

When I spoke to the super he even told me he had no callback info for me. As in the rep that took my info never gave it to him. Then why did I give it to her in the first place???

I have actually lost a handful of accounts now due to something a rep told me was OK over 9 months ago. When I found out it wasn't ok by a supervisor, I stopped. I left them on permanent accounts and now they are banned. I can have them unbanned but I lose the pet that had the issue. Not the PSI but just the pet.. Doesn't that defeat the purpose of stopping the duplication?

Yeah I got a lot more to post but the whole thing is a big joke. Check this out....

---------------------------------------------
This is from CateKinz (my hubby)

We have had a conversation with a Ganz support supervisor. Here is what we were told.

He told us that our daughters account was banned for having pets that were reset. Now you may be asking what is a reset pet...

Keep in mind we were seriously heavy players and addicted! So we have spent over $5000 on webkinz stuff in the last 2 years.

We also have had at one time over 60 accounts, we Love to collect things! So we spent tons of money on trading cards to get all the theme items.

Now many of you that have bought trading cards know there are mystery pets. If you buy a box of cards (which is what we did) you would be sure to get 1 mystery pet card per box, sometimes if you got lucky you would get 2. The first time we got a mystery card we adopted it and the name we gave it did not match to what the pet was at all... it was horrible! So we called Ganz to see what our options were. The support rep told us we could either call them and give them the code and they would tell us what it is or we could adopt it on an account by itself and we could submit a ticket from the Webkinz Support website and request a code reset as long as we did so with in the first 30 days.

Now since Webkinz is a Canadian company and we live in the USA, calling them means we would have to pay international toll charges. Agreed it's not as expensive compared to calling over seas, but none the less it costs a bit to call them, so the easier route was adopt the pet on it's own account and request a reset.

Now that you understand pet resetting and that it's an option right there on their own website and nothing said in the Terms of Service policy about pet resetting. Lets go back to the fact that we bought a ton of trading cards and got 30 or more mystery pet cards... Since it was the preferred method to put them on their own account and request the reset, that is what we did. We would find out what the pet was request the reset and put it on our main account. Now sure the question comes is there a limit to the number of times you can reset a pet, and sure we ran in to a case where our daughter couldn't make up her mind on what she wanted to do and we had a pet reset more than once. Which landed us a call with a supervisor as they locked the single pet account. We explained ourselves and he unlocked it and told us that resetting a pet more than once is not allowed. Ok not what the support reps told us but understandable. As time went on we got tired of dealing with support and dealing with all the glitches so we stopped buying Webkinz all together about 6 months ago. Now they come back and lock our little girls account because of reset pets (Mystery card pets) And tell us we can't reset pets at all because they see it as suspicious activity and an attempt to duplicate PSI items. So after talking with the supervisor for a bit he tells us he can unlock the account but will have to remove every pet that was reset. We asked if the PSI will also be removed, he told no just the pet will be removed...

Ok now if reseting a pet is considered duplicating a PSI then what good does it do to remove a pet from an account that has 60+ pets and leave the PSI?

Isn't that still leaving the duplicated item? I mean seriously what are they thinking? Now the best part, while on the phone we asked about one of our accounts with over 150 pets which also has reset pets on it but is not locked and the supervisor said nothing about that account? So what gives? Yep that peaked my interest as well and some comments that a WI member made got me thinking so I did some research on Ganz.. Ganz parent company brings in $9.1 Million a year. Webkinz however had a income of $4.5 Million in Dec of 2008 and today has an income of $2.5 Million, ouch! That sure explains a lot and would coincide with what the other WI member was saying.

Ganz also had 600 employees last year and now only has 276 employee's according to Linkedin. Wow! Talk about a major layoff! This also explains why glitches aren't getting fixed very fast. They are busting their ***** generating new stuff to try and entice new players and anything else they can do to generate new revenue. Losing $2 million in revenues in less than a year hurts any small/medium company!

So now the question comes... Do you buy more and tell everyone you can to buy more webkinz in hopes that it gets better?

Or do you bail out now while the getting is good? I can tell you that we will be bailing out while the getting is good. We have moved on to Build-a-bearville and FreeRealms.

Do your own research on Ganz, I know WI doesn't like direct links but I'm going to put these here anyway, they may break over time, sorry if they do...

http://www.zoominfo.com/Search/Compa...EPFI&pc=indeed
Site Profile for ganz.com (rank #61,056) | Compete
Ganz - Company Profile on LinkedIn
Old 11-02-2009, 08:20 PM   #220
Mad at Ganz!

catekinz will become famous soon enough

Again I'm sorry for the direct links but this says A LOT about what is going on with Webkinz/Ganz

webkinz.com - Quantcast Audience Profile

Loss of $2 million in revenue over the past 6 months. And it's not like the resent actions are going make people have any sorry feelings for Ganz. I would say quite the opposite that Ganz is no longer a trusted company in how they are treating their customers with all these unwarranted banning of accounts on innocent people. I understand what they are saying but seriously this is just a game! And there are plenty of other competitors out there with far better support and much better game functionality. And amazing they actually fix the bugs/glitches quickly!

I can tell you we have lost our trust in Ganz and will not spend another dime with them. You just never know when they might just ban an account for whatever reason they choose. Yes it's their stuff and we are renting it to play their game. But we can also walk away and leave them with no more revenue coming in. See how they like that! I'm sure they have in their minds that they will stop all the scammers and so called duplicators before they get the halloween, thanksgiving, and christmas packages. How about we give them a christmas present of even less revenue, and lets boycott Webkinz and the eStore until the first of the year... Maybe then they would listen to their customers which are paying their bills and supporting their families. We may be 'renting' but we are also the same as stock holders per say in that we the customer are the ones that pay for it all.
catekinz is offline Male Reply With Quote

Tags
code wowewe, dudeness was here (:, frugal!, gp was here!, hurricanes, icky hackers, their serious people!!!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: