Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-26-2009, 07:40 AM   #181
310webkinz
Webkinz :)

310webkinz is a splendid one to behold310webkinz is a splendid one to behold310webkinz is a splendid one to behold310webkinz is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: EXCLUSIVE: Ganz's Official Statement On Account Bannings in Webkinz World!

I didn't know that could be done. How do you duplicate something like that? I guess the really smart computer hackers have figured out a way, but that's awful. I've been checking my items and so far, none look like they were duplicated. Although...they might not look like they're different, which is bad. I'm glad Ganz is doing something about this, even if they're 4 years late. LOL.
310webkinz is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-26-2009, 08:10 AM   #182
ishes she was a

webkinzmomof4 is a splendid one to beholdwebkinzmomof4 is a splendid one to beholdwebkinzmomof4 is a splendid one to beholdwebkinzmomof4 is a splendid one to behold

Donation Award 
Default Re: EXCLUSIVE: Ganz's Official Statement On Account Bannings in Webkinz World!

View Post Originally Posted by phoebedad
I completely agree lwh, I have reread the postings (and waded through about 100 "OMG this is terrible" useless types of posts!) and still am a little confused about the whole thing. I have seen the same question asked repeatedly with maybe a short reply, but not even that all the time. So here is what I ASSUME this is about since I cannot find a clear and definitive answer.
1) SOme people figured out how to replicate their items on their accounts - this is the exploit that is mentioned. These same people are then using the duplicated items to trade for or to sell in online auction sites for real money.
2) Selling of exclusive, rare, or other items gathered through playing the game is not allowed on auction sites and will get you banned.
3) Selling of pets that come with a plush or a tag on Ebay or similar sites is okay, but it is not okay to sell Estore pets in the same way.

NOt sure if I missed anything, if so, please let us know!!!!!!!!!!!!! ALso, if I have misread or misstated anything, please let us know!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is confusing at best.

I personally do not see what Ganz loses by us selling virtual items on auction sites. I have bought about 50 items on one site myself although nothing super rare as I could not justify spending more that $3 for a virtual item. This was done so my daughters could enjoy the game more as they were tired of w-shop items and wanted something more exciting in their rooms. I have seen members selling their accounts belcause they don't play it anymore. WHere is the harm? You still have to buy at least one or their items yearly so Ganz still gets money from you. And what if I decide to close one of my accounts and ship everything to my other accounts (which is what I am going to do in the next month). Will I be banned suddenly for sending lots of items from one account to multiple accounts? Everything on this account is was acquired by buying pets, buying rare items at the curio shop and trading. I am just tired of playing so many accounts and want to compress a little, but don't want to lose my items.

And I have to mention that it is highly sanctimonious of any member to be so uptight about people selling things on auction sites or Ebay and then run to Ganz screaming about the injustice. Perhaps those types of people should just worry about policing their own lives and not trying to control what other people do.

I should also mention about the fairness comments, or it's just a kids game - why do some people need to go and wreck it! commnets.

I understand the indignation (and I am not defending it) towards people copying their items, then trading them or selling them to other people. This serves to decrease some imaginary value associated with super-rare items in the WI GEV. OKay, I get it. But what about people with multiple accounts so they can catch more leaves or snowflakes, or buy more than one rare item per day, or can do kinz-post sorter 8 times every 8 hours instead of once. The items gathered this way are then traded so that member can get more exclusive items on their main account.

And while we are mentioning fairness, what about WI itself? There is a listing of which rare items will be sold today so we can decide if we want to drop everything to be at the computer at a certain time, or if we just want to let it go because we already have the rare item or arre not interested anyway in it. What about the various tracking threads that allow WI members an advantage in gathering items such as Snow White or Doug items.

Fairness is objective and rarely reaches outside of your own sphere of comfort.
First...People are selling webkinz items unauthorized and that hurts Ganz and that is why it is bad. THis is their company and they get to decide where and how their items are purchased. Most businesses have that RIGHT! Second, the original members should have the priceless items and no one has a right to duplicate them. They were members first. Third, people who have multiple accounts get extra items, well they are paying to have these accounts and Ganz/Webkinz profits, nothing wrong with that. You want more items you too can have more accounts.

If you don't like how Ganz has handled this, the you open your own game website and you can let others profit off your hard work. Ganz does not have to!
webkinzmomof4 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 09:03 AM   #183
vonyumyum

JEWEL MY DREAM is a jewel in the roughJEWEL MY DREAM is a jewel in the rough

Hope it makes people who do use "fake" items think about what they are doing!
P.S. Horses ROCK!!!:abn::clyde::ppony::ph:
JEWEL MY DREAM is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 09:22 AM   #184
petitepal is on a distinguished road

Maybe none of this would have happened if everyone had not turned all of these so called "priceless" items into such a big deal. I think everyone lost sight of the fact that this was meant to be an enjoyable site for children and then as usual once adults get involed in turns into this! And I to think WI is a great site but once that "priceless" list came out it turned the trading room and everything else involved in webkinz world into cutthroat world! I think it is great that Ganz is bring back some of these items to the e-store and I sure hope to see the red lava, purple witch hat and some of the other older items there in the future which will put a rest to all this "priceless" nonsense!
petitepal is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 09:33 AM   #185

cainmariko has a spectacular aura about

I don't know what happened but I had some posts on here last night and they aren't here now. It's not just adults that cause the problem, children also cause it. As I tried had stated last night, someone who lives in my town wanted me to trade my Majestic Throne and Golden Hippo Fridge for a Cool Chimpmunk mask and a Chimpunk Hoodie. To me that isn't fair. I don't think that the chimpmunk stuff is that old and it didn't cost you anything to get the stuff you just clicked on ads. The Egyptian stuff cost me a good about of kinzcash. Some people are just greedy and when others see that, it spreads.
cainmariko is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 09:53 AM   #186
ow I'm a

cheekybernard is a jewel in the roughcheekybernard is a jewel in the rough

thanks for keeping us up to date!!!!!!!!!!!!
cheekybernard is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 11:21 AM   #187
Kenzielemur has a brilliant futureKenzielemur has a brilliant futureKenzielemur has a brilliant futureKenzielemur has a brilliant futureKenzielemur has a brilliant future

I have noticed on ebay lots of people are selling estore pets and estore items and just the code tags and no pets included. I even seen some auctions on there last night of the Witch dress that was given away those codes are being sold. I did report that auction.
Kenzielemur is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 11:30 AM   #188
Lil Kinz

tzugirl2000 is on a distinguished road

I agree with the phoebedad's post. I bought items for my daughter too - mostly the rare items neither of us have time or are available to sit at the computer to acquire. Let's face it - their marketing strategies must be run by someone with ADD. I do agree with Ganz that the duplication of items is trademark and patent infringment. I get that. However, the secondary market of selling items folks sat at their desk all day to acquire should not be penalized. That is a simple form of capitalism. For Ganz to close out accounts for that reason would be like General Motors going after every used car dealer in North America. Should every American that ever had a garage sale go to prison? Heaven forbid you re-sold a Webkinz. Where do you stop? Secondary markets exist and support the host in instrinsic ways. Just like this website. If Ganz operates their P&L poorly and the company closes it's doors - this website would loose thousands of advertising dollars. Plus all that money we dumped into our kid's webkinz is "virtually" gone and you have absolutely NO recourse. I do not look forward to that tear fest with my little girl. I hope she grows out of these before they go belly up.
tzugirl2000 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 12:16 PM   #189
Gift Guru

tkprit is cool as a bunny clowntkprit is cool as a bunny clowntkprit is cool as a bunny clowntkprit is cool as a bunny clowntkprit is cool as a bunny clowntkprit is cool as a bunny clowntkprit is cool as a bunny clowntkprit is cool as a bunny clown

View Post Originally Posted by petitepal
Maybe none of this would have happened if everyone had not turned all of these so called "priceless" items into such a big deal. I think everyone lost sight of the fact that this was meant to be an enjoyable site for children and then as usual once adults get involed in turns into this! And I to think WI is a great site but once that "priceless" list came out it turned the trading room and everything else involved in webkinz world into cutthroat world! I think it is great that Ganz is bring back some of these items to the e-store and I sure hope to see the red lava, purple witch hat and some of the other older items there in the future which will put a rest to all this "priceless" nonsense!
Ganz is the one who 'made' priceless items by retiring items and continuing to showcase them in clubhouse rooms and WW games (first time I ever saw Wacky Jeans was in Fashion Class).

The lists (like WIGEV) are there to help people (esp young people) from getting conned out of hard-to-get items. But they're merely guidelines; they change based on Ganz' actions.

Ganz could easily unretire these items -- they'd just lose a bunch of customers if they did. Part of the WW fun is in acquiring hard-to-find items and decorating with them (and trading them). It's all just pixels, but kids want hard-to-find pixels as much as adults do. If plumpys were suddenly back in the wshop, the kids who want them so much suddenly wouldn't give two hoots about them.

It's the whole nature of WW. Can't blame a list for that.
tkprit is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 12:38 PM   #190
phoebedad is a name known to allphoebedad is a name known to allphoebedad is a name known to all

View Post Originally Posted by webkinzmomof4
First...People are selling webkinz items unauthorized and that hurts Ganz and that is why it is bad. THis is their company and they get to decide where and how their items are purchased. Most businesses have that RIGHT! Second, the original members should have the priceless items and no one has a right to duplicate them. They were members first. Third, people who have multiple accounts get extra items, well they are paying to have these accounts and Ganz/Webkinz profits, nothing wrong with that. You want more items you too can have more accounts.

If you don't like how Ganz has handled this, the you open your own game website and you can let others profit off your hard work. Ganz does not have to!
Wow! Got anger? I do not believe that I bad-mouthed Ganz at all, just questioned how they are affected by me buying items from someone that does not want to play anymore. And no, you are completely off base when you somehow come to the argument that Ganz profits from us setting up multiple accounts. If you were to think about this, I mean actually think, you would realize that Ganz does not profit, and in fact has to upgrade their memory or buy extra servers to maintain a larger platform in order to maintain all the extra accounts in the system. And again, I mentioned specifically that I currently play 9 accounts.

And only members that were here from the beginning should be allowed to own the original items? That sounds a little pretentious and exclusive to me. No, I would rather agree with a post a little farther down that mentions garage sales and used car dealers for the second-hand sale of used items.
phoebedad is offline Male Reply With Quote

Tags
code wowewe, dudeness was here (:, frugal!, gp was here!, hurricanes, icky hackers, their serious people!!!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: