Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-25-2009, 10:11 PM   #171
Whoviancoffeelover
Webkinz :)

Fairmaidenbmt defies all odds
Fairmaidenbmt defies all oddsFairmaidenbmt defies all oddsFairmaidenbmt defies all oddsFairmaidenbmt defies all oddsFairmaidenbmt defies all oddsFairmaidenbmt defies all oddsFairmaidenbmt defies all oddsFairmaidenbmt defies all oddsFairmaidenbmt defies all oddsFairmaidenbmt defies all oddsFairmaidenbmt defies all oddsFairmaidenbmt defies all oddsFairmaidenbmt defies all oddsFairmaidenbmt defies all oddsFairmaidenbmt defies all odds

Default Re: EXCLUSIVE: Ganz's Official Statement On Account Bannings in Webkinz World!

Thanks for posting! I didn't know Ganz payed so much attention to us here on WI....Though I have found that Ganz and WI sorta interact in a way... Did they send this in a E-mail?
Fairmaidenbmt is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-2009, 10:27 PM   #172
ozarkcrazy

CalicoCatLove has a spectacular aura aboutCalicoCatLove has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: EXCLUSIVE: Ganz's Official Statement On Account Bannings in Webkinz World!

ok thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!
CalicoCatLove is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 11:34 PM   #173
hy not become a
Gift Guru

Robmomm has disabled reputation

Donation Award 

I just want to point something out real quick: some people are assuming that when they read the word "rare" that it is referring to a Curio Shop rare. However, in this case it is in reference to an item within WW that was last available in 2005/2006 and is considered very rare and priceless. Take a look at the WIGEV and you will see a list of the items that are considered by most to be "priceless", those are the items that cheaters have duplicated and sold to make a profit, not any items that are Curio Shop. These items are so rare and valuable to hardcore collectors that the cheaters found a way to clone them on their accounts and then sell them to others. No offense to anyone out there, but the most serious collector isn't looking to buy a CurioShop item, they are looking for those elusive 2005/2006 items.

If you are a member of the GE, just look at the "dream wants" or "biggest wants" of 95% of the threads...................THOSE are the items that have been exploited because those are the most wanted. There is a huge difference to Ganz in an account with 50 Golden Hippo Fridges (curio shop item) and an account with 50 Red Lava Lamps (rare, retired item). Please don't panic or start to worry about every trade you've ever made, I doubt Ganz is banning accounts "just because". Good Luck everyone and an early Happy Halloween!!
Robmomm is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 11:38 PM   #174

lilkinzmom7 is the cats pajamas!lilkinzmom7 is the cats pajamas!lilkinzmom7 is the cats pajamas!lilkinzmom7 is the cats pajamas!lilkinzmom7 is the cats pajamas!lilkinzmom7 is the cats pajamas!

[QUOTE=teaandpizza;16898965]WHY would people try to ruin webkinz by duplicating items?? That just takes the fun out of everything

And, I thought they would be angry at us for having the GE.. but they applauded it! Go WI!! [/QUOTE

How in the world do you duplicate an item? I never heard of this! I mean I'm still tryin to figure out how to catch a Zippy Zum for cryin out loud!!! LOL Ya hear me?
lilkinzmom7 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 11:44 PM   #175

lilkinzmom7 is the cats pajamas!lilkinzmom7 is the cats pajamas!lilkinzmom7 is the cats pajamas!lilkinzmom7 is the cats pajamas!lilkinzmom7 is the cats pajamas!lilkinzmom7 is the cats pajamas!

View Post Originally Posted by diannebee
maybe people wouldn't be so willing to sell WW items on the DL if WW didn't make it so hard to get them. Take this ghost/candy thing...I have ONE piece of candy. I've been on WW for HOURS since FRIDAY (Asian account). My kids have gotten NOTHING. Chances are, we will NOT get enough candy to fill our baskets to get the pumpkin...I would more than likely just trade for them (but won't get the pumpkin as it will be too late.)

There are some diehards out there who will do just about anything to get stuff for their accounts...(I won't, I'm too cheap! haha!)

If Ganz would be more generous with their 'free' giveaways, there might not be such a black market for the virtual items. (Snow White/Dwarf stuff excluded - THAT was the way to 'give stuff away!)

This is just my opinion.
I agree! It was really fun doing the mining thing! At last, an easy fun way to get the stuff!
Old 10-25-2009, 11:51 PM   #176

View Post Originally Posted by phoebedad
I completely agree lwh, I have reread the postings (and waded through about 100 "OMG this is terrible" useless types of posts!) and still am a little confused about the whole thing. I have seen the same question asked repeatedly with maybe a short reply, but not even that all the time. So here is what I ASSUME this is about since I cannot find a clear and definitive answer.
1) SOme people figured out how to replicate their items on their accounts - this is the exploit that is mentioned. These same people are then using the duplicated items to trade for or to sell in online auction sites for real money.
2) Selling of exclusive, rare, or other items gathered through playing the game is not allowed on auction sites and will get you banned.
3) Selling of pets that come with a plush or a tag on Ebay or similar sites is okay, but it is not okay to sell Estore pets in the same way.

NOt sure if I missed anything, if so, please let us know!!!!!!!!!!!!! ALso, if I have misread or misstated anything, please let us know!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is confusing at best.

I personally do not see what Ganz loses by us selling virtual items on auction sites. I have bought about 50 items on one site myself although nothing super rare as I could not justify spending more that $3 for a virtual item. This was done so my daughters could enjoy the game more as they were tired of w-shop items and wanted something more exciting in their rooms. I have seen members selling their accounts belcause they don't play it anymore. WHere is the harm? You still have to buy at least one or their items yearly so Ganz still gets money from you. And what if I decide to close one of my accounts and ship everything to my other accounts (which is what I am going to do in the next month). Will I be banned suddenly for sending lots of items from one account to multiple accounts? Everything on this account is was acquired by buying pets, buying rare items at the curio shop and trading. I am just tired of playing so many accounts and want to compress a little, but don't want to lose my items.

And I have to mention that it is highly sanctimonious of any member to be so uptight about people selling things on auction sites or Ebay and then run to Ganz screaming about the injustice. Perhaps those types of people should just worry about policing their own lives and not trying to control what other people do.

I should also mention about the fairness comments, or it's just a kids game - why do some people need to go and wreck it! commnets.

I understand the indignation (and I am not defending it) towards people copying their items, then trading them or selling them to other people. This serves to decrease some imaginary value associated with super-rare items in the WI GEV. OKay, I get it. But what about people with multiple accounts so they can catch more leaves or snowflakes, or buy more than one rare item per day, or can do kinz-post sorter 8 times every 8 hours instead of once. The items gathered this way are then traded so that member can get more exclusive items on their main account.

And while we are mentioning fairness, what about WI itself? There is a listing of which rare items will be sold today so we can decide if we want to drop everything to be at the computer at a certain time, or if we just want to let it go because we already have the rare item or arre not interested anyway in it. What about the various tracking threads that allow WI members an advantage in gathering items such as Snow White or Doug items.

Fairness is objective and rarely reaches outside of your own sphere of comfort.
GREAT comments and insight! I enjoyed reading your thoughts, Thanks!
Old 10-26-2009, 12:25 AM   #177

tarayvonne challenges the impossibletarayvonne challenges the impossible
tarayvonne challenges the impossibletarayvonne challenges the impossibletarayvonne challenges the impossibletarayvonne challenges the impossible

May I ask what I said wrong to get my previous post deleted? I only offered a valid point about how the estore should sell the retired items everyone is after in order to ruin it for the sellers of these items on third party auction sites and make money for webkinz world instead of independant sellers not affiliated with Ganz. My comments hurt no one and were not inappropriate. It might have angered the people who have these rares in their possession and don't want the value to decrease, but this in no way should have gotten my post deleted. Just wondering why my post was taken down.
tarayvonne is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 01:37 AM   #178

Hollyberry will become famous soon enough

I agree...putting aside whether or not anyone is for or against the estore if they sold these really rare items for a very reasonable price (no more than a pack of cards) it might eliminate these sellers who are violating the rules.
Hollyberry is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 03:42 AM   #179
1collector
Gifted

wkwcollecter is cool as a bunny clownwkwcollecter is cool as a bunny clownwkwcollecter is cool as a bunny clownwkwcollecter is cool as a bunny clownwkwcollecter is cool as a bunny clownwkwcollecter is cool as a bunny clownwkwcollecter is cool as a bunny clownwkwcollecter is cool as a bunny clown

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by Unregistered
Does this mean that we can't buy Webkinz off eBay?
No.
You can buy pet codes and pets off of ebay.
You just are not allowed to buy the items that are already on an account.

I am unsure if buying and/or selling unused estore item codes is allowed or not.

View Post Originally Posted by Hollyberry
I agree...putting aside whether or not anyone is for or against the estore if they sold these really rare items for a very reasonable price (no more than a pack of cards) it might eliminate these sellers who are violating the rules.
Although some people may think that this is a good idea I for one do not. I do not have very many of the old retired items that this is about (i only have 1 level 10 item) But i do know that i worked VERY hard to trade alot of my items for it and selling it at the estore makes it alot less valuable. In a way I like to show it off. When i invite my webkinz friends over to my house my item is on display.

I had the original elephant statue and was VERY proud of havng it. Then it came out in the estore.... (It wasnt very special anymore)

I do agree that it might slow down the sellers but dont think it is very fair to all the honest and fair webkinz collectors out there.

This may sound self centered but a lot of people like to be ahead of the Jones's. People buy big houses, expensive cars, name brand purses, etc. because they like to essentially 'show off'. Human Beings like attention and items (virtual or real like) make them feel special. There is nothing wrong with this in my eyes. I have to admit that i spend alot more then i need to on designer shoes (even though half of them never leave the closet).

This is the reason why the duplication of items was very VERY wrong to me. These people have devalued the priceless virtual items others have worked very hard to get. In the same way 'knock offs' devalue my shoe collection.

I am truly wishing Ganz will be able to get rid of the duplicated items all together (of couse they would have to compinsate the players who traded fairly for them if they were being respectfull, Mabey they could create a new item to replace the duplicated ones on peoples accounts that traded in good faith for them, which would in turn make an even more rare item for them and keep the value of the real ones high. Just a though though)

I can kind of see the point of the people who were selling thier items to get back what they invested if they didnt know it wasnt allowed.The fact is though that MOST of the people that were selling items DID know that it wasnt allowed!! Reality is that they are stealing from Ganz. Mabey not directly but they are stealing Ganz's revenue.

I am hopping that this will all get taken care of quickly so we can all go back to playing the way we love (sending gifts to people, not wondering if the item yu are trading for is duplicated, etc)

Anyways, Just my 2 cents.

Last edited by wkwcollecter; 10-26-2009 at 03:42 AM..
wkwcollecter is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 07:01 AM   #180

fluffy12161999 is on a distinguished road

Let me just start off by saying that I think that it is very wrong for people to sell the virtual items for any money and that it is beyond wrong to duplicate the rare items in any way. But to say that selling the rare items in the eStore makes your items less special or valuable is just wrong to me too. If the item is only special to someone because of the rarity, I think that is ridiculous. To me, the only reason to have any items in Webkinz is because you like the way they look either on your pet or in your room/house for your own personal satisfaction, not because not many other people have it and/or so you can "brag" about it by showing it off.

I think all items should be available to all people whenever Ganz wants to offer them and I could care less if many other Webkinz users have them also-in fact, I would welcome this as that means these people would be happy looking at their items like myself. As I stated above. worrying about the "value" of a virtual item and then getting upset that Ganz is offering some of these rare items again via eStore seems beyond silly to me. Sorry if this bothers any of you collectors, but to me the reason to collect anything is for the enjoyment of the items and the fun of gathering them. Anything else regarding value should only be important if you have a lot of real money invested in items (like a doll or stamp collection). While you may have a lot invested in the Webkinz pets and eStore items themselves, the other virtual items are supposed to be free and should not be paid for or used to profit anybody.
fluffy12161999 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
code wowewe, dudeness was here (:, frugal!, gp was here!, hurricanes, icky hackers, their serious people!!!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: