Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-25-2009, 01:54 PM   #161
Webkinz :)
blackcat81 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: EXCLUSIVE: Ganz's Official Statement On Account Bannings in Webkinz World!

no one could have said this better. right on.

i meant towards phoebesdad
blackcat81 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-2009, 03:58 PM   #162
Fungirl520

Fungirl520 is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: EXCLUSIVE: Ganz's Official Statement On Account Bannings in Webkinz World!

Thank you for all the information posted here. Webkinz World is a fun place for families to play together. Webkinz Insider is a valuable information tool, making our Webkinz playtime a great experience. I read all these posts with interest, but the bottom line is, if you have followed the Policy and Rules to gain access to the Ganz Webkinz World, then your account(s) will not be affected. Many of us are insane Webkinz collectors, but all our items have been "collected" through purchasing pets, trading cards, eStore, Clubhouse Trading and other Webkinz products.

Seeing a comment "wanting to gain back some of the $ spent" indicates not everyone grasps the concept of Webkinz World. Yes, Ganz profits from our purchases, but most people have no idea of how much money Ganz spends to maintain and upgrade Webkinz World for us. Those that appreciate the opportunity to play, have no worries about having their accounts banned, as we are there to play, not profit.

Thanks to everyone at Webkinz Insider for all their hard work.
Fungirl520 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 04:03 PM   #163

torty is on a distinguished road

WOW is all I can say. Great job WW & WI you rock ! Glad to see WI mentioned ! This place is awesome though I stay quiet alot I am not very knowledgable & have trouble keeping up I do read up . keep up the good work !
torty is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 04:46 PM   #164
ozarkcrazy

CalicoCatLove has a spectacular aura aboutCalicoCatLove has a spectacular aura about

Thanks for telling us VERY important info!!!!!
CalicoCatLove is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 05:33 PM   #165

diannebee will become famous soon enough

maybe people wouldn't be so willing to sell WW items on the DL if WW didn't make it so hard to get them. Take this ghost/candy thing...I have ONE piece of candy. I've been on WW for HOURS since FRIDAY (Asian account). My kids have gotten NOTHING. Chances are, we will NOT get enough candy to fill our baskets to get the pumpkin...I would more than likely just trade for them (but won't get the pumpkin as it will be too late.)

There are some diehards out there who will do just about anything to get stuff for their accounts...(I won't, I'm too cheap! haha!)

If Ganz would be more generous with their 'free' giveaways, there might not be such a black market for the virtual items. (Snow White/Dwarf stuff excluded - THAT was the way to 'give stuff away!)

This is just my opinion.
diannebee is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 06:37 PM   #166

Starbuck is on a distinguished road

A friend of mine got their account banned and when they called the number all they were told was that they were "duplicating and selling". They have almost no computer knowledge besides webkinz. How can this be? My friend is a collector and is wondering what they may have traded for that may have gotten them banned?
Starbuck is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 06:52 PM   #167

beerfeet is not just visiting!beerfeet is not just visiting!beerfeet is not just visiting!beerfeet is not just visiting!beerfeet is not just visiting!beerfeet is not just visiting!beerfeet is not just visiting!beerfeet is not just visiting!beerfeet is not just visiting!beerfeet is not just visiting!beerfeet is not just visiting!

View Post Originally Posted by diannebee
maybe people wouldn't be so willing to sell WW items on the DL if WW didn't make it so hard to get them. Take this ghost/candy thing...I have ONE piece of candy. I've been on WW for HOURS since FRIDAY (Asian account). My kids have gotten NOTHING. Chances are, we will NOT get enough candy to fill our baskets to get the pumpkin...I would more than likely just trade for them (but won't get the pumpkin as it will be too late.)
There are some diehards out there who will do just about anything to get stuff for their accounts...(I won't, I'm too cheap! haha!)

If Ganz would be more generous with their 'free' giveaways, there might not be such a black market for the virtual items. (Snow White/Dwarf stuff excluded - THAT was the way to 'give stuff away!)

This is just my opinion.
I agree it would be nice if things like the Trick or Treating were easier. My son and I have just one account. We have been in that reading room for 45 minutes at a time and have not seen that ghost even one time! Why didn't they make it more like Doug where you at least stand a fair chance of getting something?

The Snow White event was fair, even finding the diamond in Webkinz Newz didn't take more that 30 minutes! You work for a fair amount of time for a nice reward, that seems to be what WW is mostly like and we love it!
beerfeet is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 09:22 PM   #168

wahm2joey is on a distinguished road

Hi all,

I am pretty new to Webkinz Insider, although what I have seen so far is GREAT!

Me and my kids LOVE Webkinz and having read about this, I am now worried...

I love to collect the older room themes and I just literally today discovered the Trading Room in Webkinz World and traded for the Ancient Egyptian wallpaper that I have needed for a long time. I was excited, but having now read this, I am worried that I got something fake that will lead to me and my son's account getting closed. The deal seemed pretty fair, although more in my favor than theirs - but they were offering a TON of the ancient egyptian theme - I just didn't need the other pieces they offered.

Is there any way to find out for sure? I'd gladly give back the wallpaper now just for the piece of mind.
wahm2joey is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 09:24 PM   #169

cainmariko has a spectacular aura about

There isn't any way to tell but I wouldn't worry. They are looking at the people selling the duplicates and the people doing the duplicating. If you're not in either of these categories you should be fine.
cainmariko is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 09:37 PM   #170

wahm2joey is on a distinguished road

View Post Originally Posted by cainmariko
There isn't any way to tell but I wouldn't worry. They are looking at the people selling the duplicates and the people doing the duplicating. If you're not in either of these categories you should be fine.
LOL --- I wouldn't even begin to know HOW to duplicate something like this. I am about as tech-unsavvy as you could get.

I too have seen virtual items for sale on ebay although I haven't bought any. I suspected Ganz would be against it (I remember similar stuff going down with *****ree and their Gymbucks promotions years ago on ebay), but even if they weren't, it's all too much money. I couldn't justify spending that much money on something that at the end of the day is intangible. That and my husband would KILL me. But I can understand the temptation since it can be so hard to collect some of the things, and Webkinz are the first collectors items that really have caught me hook, line, and sinker.

Thank you for the reassurance...all the same, I think I will be staying away from the Trading Room for a while...
wahm2joey is offline Female Reply With Quote

Tags
code wowewe, dudeness was here (:, frugal!, gp was here!, hurricanes, icky hackers, their serious people!!!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: