Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-25-2009, 07:29 AM   #151
Webkinz :)
phoebedad is a name known to allphoebedad is a name known to allphoebedad is a name known to all

Default Re: EXCLUSIVE: Ganz's Official Statement On Account Bannings in Webkinz World!

View Post Originally Posted by ladywhitehorse
I've read this thread several times & I just don't get it. I do not want to know how these things are done. Don't want to stir up trouble, break any rules, or in any way be difficult. I'm guessing that we are okay since I don't even know enough to follow the conversation. Daughter doesn't know what they are talking about either. The last few days have been eventful & have left us feeling confused & a little frightened. I guess I'm looking for some answers on a 1st grade level. I do not want to do anything wrong & it is hard because I don't understand what is happening. Maybe it's just me?
I completely agree lwh, I have reread the postings (and waded through about 100 "OMG this is terrible" useless types of posts!) and still am a little confused about the whole thing. I have seen the same question asked repeatedly with maybe a short reply, but not even that all the time. So here is what I ASSUME this is about since I cannot find a clear and definitive answer.
1) SOme people figured out how to replicate their items on their accounts - this is the exploit that is mentioned. These same people are then using the duplicated items to trade for or to sell in online auction sites for real money.
2) Selling of exclusive, rare, or other items gathered through playing the game is not allowed on auction sites and will get you banned.
3) Selling of pets that come with a plush or a tag on Ebay or similar sites is okay, but it is not okay to sell Estore pets in the same way.

NOt sure if I missed anything, if so, please let us know!!!!!!!!!!!!! ALso, if I have misread or misstated anything, please let us know!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is confusing at best.

I personally do not see what Ganz loses by us selling virtual items on auction sites. I have bought about 50 items on one site myself although nothing super rare as I could not justify spending more that $3 for a virtual item. This was done so my daughters could enjoy the game more as they were tired of w-shop items and wanted something more exciting in their rooms. I have seen members selling their accounts belcause they don't play it anymore. WHere is the harm? You still have to buy at least one or their items yearly so Ganz still gets money from you. And what if I decide to close one of my accounts and ship everything to my other accounts (which is what I am going to do in the next month). Will I be banned suddenly for sending lots of items from one account to multiple accounts? Everything on this account is was acquired by buying pets, buying rare items at the curio shop and trading. I am just tired of playing so many accounts and want to compress a little, but don't want to lose my items.

And I have to mention that it is highly sanctimonious of any member to be so uptight about people selling things on auction sites or Ebay and then run to Ganz screaming about the injustice. Perhaps those types of people should just worry about policing their own lives and not trying to control what other people do.

I should also mention about the fairness comments, or it's just a kids game - why do some people need to go and wreck it! commnets.

I understand the indignation (and I am not defending it) towards people copying their items, then trading them or selling them to other people. This serves to decrease some imaginary value associated with super-rare items in the WI GEV. OKay, I get it. But what about people with multiple accounts so they can catch more leaves or snowflakes, or buy more than one rare item per day, or can do kinz-post sorter 8 times every 8 hours instead of once. The items gathered this way are then traded so that member can get more exclusive items on their main account.

And while we are mentioning fairness, what about WI itself? There is a listing of which rare items will be sold today so we can decide if we want to drop everything to be at the computer at a certain time, or if we just want to let it go because we already have the rare item or arre not interested anyway in it. What about the various tracking threads that allow WI members an advantage in gathering items such as Snow White or Doug items.

Fairness is objective and rarely reaches outside of your own sphere of comfort.

Last edited by phoebedad; 10-25-2009 at 07:29 AM..
phoebedad is offline Male Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-2009, 08:26 AM   #152
Gifted

monkeys12rule is not just visiting!monkeys12rule is not just visiting!monkeys12rule is not just visiting!monkeys12rule is not just visiting!monkeys12rule is not just visiting!monkeys12rule is not just visiting!monkeys12rule is not just visiting!monkeys12rule is not just visiting!monkeys12rule is not just visiting!monkeys12rule is not just visiting!monkeys12rule is not just visiting!

Default Re: EXCLUSIVE: Ganz's Official Statement On Account Bannings in Webkinz World!

I wonder if trading snow white items count as a scam....

I got tricked once in the trading room. Someone claimed the item was estore, and I, not knowing at the time that you can't trade estore items, traded a science thing for it. It turned out to be food.
monkeys12rule is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 08:28 AM   #153
SmilesRContagious
Wiki SysOp

canonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicness
canonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicness

Thanks very much for posting this statement.
It helps calm things down.
canonymous is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 10:01 AM   #154
rleong

Justin has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by phoebedad
And while we are mentioning fairness, what about WI itself? There is a listing of which rare items will be sold today so we can decide if we want to drop everything to be at the computer at a certain time, or if we just want to let it go because we already have the rare item or arre not interested anyway in it. What about the various tracking threads that allow WI members an advantage in gathering items such as Snow White or Doug items.

Fairness is objective and rarely reaches outside of your own sphere of comfort.
You are drawing a completely fallacious parallel here, in comparing the duplication of items and their resale, and our site allowing members to post information about upcoming rare items from their accounts.

We don't use any black magic or hack any information to obtain this... We simply provide a community for people all over to talk about Webkinz World. Some of those members have Asian accounts, and they'll tell us when rare items arrive in their accounts. Then we post it on the top of the forum everyday. There's no cheating involved.

Same goes for Doug.

I'm not certain how we gave any advantages for the Snow White costumes... other than mentioning where people were seeing them.

Our members are more informed than other players.. I'm really having a hard time making the jump that you've made in your reasoning that having more information is equivalent to the outright cheating that Ganz has taken action against.

All of this information, and implied unfair advantage, is public to anyone who wants to visit... If someone wanted to know more information about rares, google "webkinz rare items" and guess what's at the top? We're also in the top 5 if you simply google "webkinz". "Doug webkinz world"? Top slot. "snow white webkinz" #2....
Justin is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 10:42 AM   #155
Unregistered

what is the webkinz number because my account has been banded for about two months and i did not d any thing
Old 10-25-2009, 11:18 AM   #156
phoebedad is a name known to allphoebedad is a name known to allphoebedad is a name known to all

View Post Originally Posted by Justin
You are drawing a completely fallacious parallel here, in comparing the duplication of items and their resale, and our site allowing members to post information about upcoming rare items from their accounts.
I apologize if you misunderstood my post. My comparing this statement by Ganz to WI was directly in response to the numerous posts decrying the cheating by some, but failing to see that all is not equal by the action of many others. As I mentioned, many, many, many, many people have multiple accounts so they can get around restrictions built into the system to provide an equal footing. I should state that I myself play 9 accounts - my two kids, my 3, a neighbors, and my three nieces. And yes, when I go to the trading room, this gives me an advantage to gain the items that I desire as I have a lot to trade.

As I said, my message was a direct response to the previous posts about the wrongness of cheating the system while in essence, it is being done probably by many of the people that are speaking out against it. Again, in my message, I stated that I do not condone duplication of materials (exploiting), especially if these items are to be sold or used to cheat others out of their money or items. But I urge restraint and to look inward before pointing a finger at others to see if you are also using unfair advantages.

Again, I apologize if you misunderstood my post, it was in no way a slam against WI. This is a wonderful site that is geared towards playing a childrens game, and only enhances our playing time. But a little closer reading ALWAYS prevents misunderstandings, especially when reading comments on a computer screen.
phoebedad is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 11:27 AM   #157

bigtoe has a spectacular aura about

Wow. I feel somewhat overwhelmed by this announcement and reading the first six pages of posts.

Here I go -
Thank you to WI for letting us know what is going on (I, like many others, had no clue any of these things were happening), for providing a safe place to trade, and for providing us with their website that greatly enhances our fun in WW.

Thank you to Ganz for so quickly fixing the problem, letting us know there was a problem, for utilizing the WI site and acknowledging its success.

I have, on occasion, expressed my dismay with Ganz in the frequency of prize give-aways. For example, when the Snow White/Dwarf contest first appeared, I was disappointed in the lack of frequency of the game. My thought was that once the game was created, the cost to Ganz/Disney was the same if one fairy dress was given away or a million dresses were given away, so why not make the game available more frequently?

This situation, however, is entirely different. Having to fix a problem created by hackers/cheaters/whatever they're called, cost Ganz time and money. That time and money spent fixing this problem is time and money that is now not available to improving/enhancing WW. If you've ever wondered "what's the big deal?" about cheating in WW, please recognize it takes away from the game and would slowly degrade it to the point that people wouldn't participate any more.

Again, kudos to Ganz.
bigtoe is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 12:20 PM   #158
1collector
Gifted

wkwcollecter is cool as a bunny clownwkwcollecter is cool as a bunny clownwkwcollecter is cool as a bunny clownwkwcollecter is cool as a bunny clownwkwcollecter is cool as a bunny clownwkwcollecter is cool as a bunny clownwkwcollecter is cool as a bunny clownwkwcollecter is cool as a bunny clown

Donation Award 

Wow this is such a shocking thread. I have read through EVERY post on here and did a search to further my understanding. Here si the conclusion I came up with.

The "Exploit" Ganz is refering to is people have been using items they already have and making copies of them. These copies then were traded/sold etc to others in mass quantities. When people did this they flooded the market with TONS of priceles items making the rarness and value of these items less. Example: a year or two ago it was very hard to find anyone trading level 10 priceless items in the trading room, Now you can likley find someone that has one in a couple hours or so. I am assuming (don't quote me on this) that Ganz has figured out how they were dog this and changed thier programing so it can no longer be done. I also am presuming that they found a way to track where the duplicated items came from originally (if they were obtained 'legally' or by cheating). Now they are in the process of tracking down as many of the duplicates as they can and shutting down the accounts which were duplicating them and/or selling them.

If you had traded someone for one of these duplicated items even though they may find it in your account, they most likely wont ban your account (I dont know if they will remove it or not). People that obtained these items from trading generally have thier houses all designed, and items displayed in thier homes. People who are selling or duplicating these items generaly have LOTS and LOTS of storage rooms with items and almost no designed rooms.

Now for people selling thier items. There have always been people selling thier virtual items at first they were selling thier items mainly on ebay and then Ganz anounced that selling of the items is not allowed. After that people started 'giving away' thier items as a gift when you bought something for outragious prices. Ganz then anounced that this is not allowed either. Although Ganz has made it very clear that selling of the virtual items is not allowed people have still found ways to do it. Ganz is now shutting down the accounts of people found to be Selling or buying from these people.

Pet codes ARE allowed to be bought and sold freely. I still am not clear on weather or not estore codes (like a circus wallpaper code or something) are allowed to be bought and sold. Anyone Know?

Hopfully this helps all of you out there wondering what is going on.

sorry about the masses of spelling errors, My keys on my computer are sticking.

Last edited by wkwcollecter; 10-25-2009 at 12:20 PM..
wkwcollecter is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 12:42 PM   #159
Unregistered

Post Re: EXCLUSIVE: Ganz's Official Statement On Account Bannings in Webkinz World!

Does this mean that we can't buy Webkinz off eBay?
Old 10-25-2009, 01:48 PM   #160

cainmariko has a spectacular aura about

I think what some people are failing to see is that people are selling their items on these auction like sites and are making ALOT of money. I will admit I have looked at one of these sites because I'm a collector and like to try and get things I don't have but there is a line. I saw a Halloween Hat from Halloween 2005 sell for $250.00, this is beyond insane! I've seen every item in the Webkinz World for sale and I've thought about buying but didn't because I don't want my account shut down. If I were Ganz I'd have someone searching the net for things like this and having the seller's account shut down. The reason I looked at the sites as I was looking for the Chimpmink masks and clothing because anyone that has had one that I have found in the trading rooms wants ALOT for them. One person wanted my Majestic Throne and Golden Hippo Fridge for a Mask and a Hoodie. I asked them if they were kidding and they told me that it's a fair trade, needless to say I passed. But the point I'm trying to make someone that may have been playing Webkinz from the beginning can actually make their money back and then some for what they put into the game. This shouldn't be happening at all.

This is just an example of a listing on one of these auction/selling sites.:

WRITING TROPHY (INKWELL) LEVEL TEN $150
MEMBER OF DAY TROPHY (VERY RARE) LEVEL TEN $200
UN-OPENED 2007 VALENTINES HEART BOX $75
SWIRLING LEAF TIARA $25
WINTERMINT BED $100
MAGICAL DOG BED $50
MYSTICAL PANDA BED $50
ALL ZUM PRIZES
ALL MAGIC MIRE UNLOCKS
SILVER MENORAH $15
BLM TREE $15
RED & GREEN TREE $15
SILVER TREE $15
CRAFTY CRITTER TROPY $240
DUNK TROPHY $100
BLUE BOUNCE TROPHY $100
YEAR 1, 2, 3, 4 TROPHIES $35 each
SILVER POP $25
ORIGINAL BLUE DRAGSTER $25
ORIGINAL ELEPHANT STATUE $25
ORIGINAL SKATER KAT $55
RED LAVA $75
PURPLE LAVA $55
WHITE EARS $75
CAT SUIT$55
WACKY JEANS $100
WITCH HAT $250
ELF SUIT $75
PLUMPY GLASSES $55
HALLOWEEN WALLS AND FLOORS FROM 06 $75
MONSTER GATE $75
GHOSTLY URN $55
GARGOYLE LAMP $55
BOTH SKATES $50
BLUE AND WHITE BALL CAP $75
SPIDER WEB WINDOW $35
AND MANY MORE ITEMS ! IF YOU DO NOT SEE JUST ASK PLEASE !

As you can see some one can make alot of money selling things from their account. Now Imagine if they start duplicating some of their items. Well I'm done putting my two cents in.

Last edited by cainmariko; 10-25-2009 at 01:48 PM..
cainmariko is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
code wowewe, dudeness was here (:, frugal!, gp was here!, hurricanes, icky hackers, their serious people!!!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: