Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-24-2009, 05:29 PM   #141
hat would you do for
Webkinz :)

webkinzlover122 has a spectacular aura aboutwebkinzlover122 has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: EXCLUSIVE: Ganz's Official Statement On Account Bannings in Webkinz World!

Wow. I had no idea this was happening. Shows how much i know.
webkinzlover122 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-24-2009, 05:31 PM   #142
FIA
FluffyInAlabama
Gift Guru

FIA has disabled reputation

Default Re: EXCLUSIVE: Ganz's Official Statement On Account Bannings in Webkinz World!

View Post Originally Posted by icebear
Well, if you have a duplicate, you get banned. Othe then that, yes your fine.

Actually, that's not what the Creative Director said. He said as long as you're not cheating, you should be fine. Just having a duplicate on your account isn't enough to get your account banned.
FIA is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 05:40 PM   #143
Gift Guru

GoldenPuppy has disabled reputation

I've also found this on the bulletin of Webkinz:

Link - [url=http://www.webkinz.com/us_en/bulletinz_sales.html]Webkinz

It was read that, "Any account used in the selling of online items or listed for sale or auction will be terminated, without notice, at our discretion. We are very serious about stopping this activity."

I guess Ganz noticed this for awhile now.
GoldenPuppy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 06:22 PM   #144
caprica00,
Gift Guru

TNVOLS is epic beyond epicnessTNVOLS is epic beyond epicnessTNVOLS is epic beyond epicnessTNVOLS is epic beyond epicnessTNVOLS is epic beyond epicnessTNVOLS is epic beyond epicness
TNVOLS is epic beyond epicness

Glad to see Ganz taking a big stand on this one...Banning these types of accounts only makes WW safer for everyone overall!! Thanks for the update...wondered about the rumors(seen on other sites).
TNVOLS is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 06:42 PM   #145
ell, Hello

NR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tell
NR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tell

WOW..thanks Justin for explaining what is going on. I had no idea any of this was possible. I wondered why the kinzpost was down but never expected it was for anything illegal. So, if we have been in the trading room and traded our hard earned items for a duplicate (unknown to us), are we OK or are we in trouble?

Thanks for being such a safe and informative site for us!! Funny, I trust you guys more than some of my neighbours!!!
NR1991 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 11:20 PM   #146
Splendiferous
Gifted

thimbleina is a glorious beacon of lightthimbleina is a glorious beacon of lightthimbleina is a glorious beacon of light

View Post Originally Posted by Justin
Indeed, though the issue with item duplication has been happening for months now.
I just don't understand how it is even possible to create duplicates. The wheel of wow once gave me 2 pairs of sunglasses instead of one, but that wasn't anything I had controll of.
thimbleina is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 12:26 AM   #147
allthatshimmerz

allthatshimmerz has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by tarayvonne
Oh I forgot, is it safe to send gifts after they reopen kinzpost or will they be thinking everyone is a rare item seller now? I have several kids and friends I kinzpost my extra rares to for fun because I want to share what I have. Back when I first started I made some great friends who gave me retired things that they had extra of just to be nice. I have never forgot their kindness and now I try to "pay it forward" to friends I make in the clubhouse. Especially kids who add me as a friend and then I go to my page and look up theirs to see what they have. Usually it's nothing compared to the 180 pets I have. So when I adopt a new pet and get some rare I already have in my collection I send it to the little kids. I like to think that when they get that pretty kinzpost box their eyes light up when they open it and see something great that they couldn't otherwise get. It makes me happy to think I'm making them happy. Now all I feel is scared that Ganz will think these gifts are something other than what they really are. How do we know what is acceptable to them if we have no idea what will be considered wrong in their eyes? Now I feel as though all kinzposts will possibly be judged or watched. I honestly don't feel safe to send anything to anyone because what if? I have a huge account and it would be a great monetary loss for me if it were shut down. I even have most every estore item released so far. I just feel worried now about trading and kinzpost.
This sums up one of my biggest concern -- the future of kinzpost and whether or not we'll be able to send rare items back & forth between our accounts. I've never done anything that is "exploitive" nor broken rules, even ones I didn't know existed until today. But the kids and I have a system whereby we work together on one big mansion, buying what we can afford with the kinz cash in our "little accounts" and then kinzposting many of our rare Curio purchases and pet specific items over to our "big house." It would be a huge disappointment if we can't continue doing this, or if Ganz were to think, as you said above, that "it's something other than what" it really is.

I tried out the trading room in the clubhouse for the very first time in the past couple weeks. Like you, I've been extremely generous whenever a child has asked me to trade. I've given them items worth far more than what they can offer simply because it makes them so happy. I remember one little girl in particular who was shocked that I would actually take a couple of her items and give her an egyptian table and chair in return. Apparently no one had wanted to trade with her, and it made my heart feel good to know how deliriously happy she was. Now I'm second guessing myself and wondering if Ganz thinks I duplicated items, or whatever it is people do that gets them so upset. I don't have lava lamps, rare skateboards, or anything really old and valuable, but it's terrible feeling to wonder if your good intentions are being second-guessed.

allthatshimmerz is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 01:46 AM   #148

ladywhitehorse has much to be proud ofladywhitehorse has much to be proud ofladywhitehorse has much to be proud ofladywhitehorse has much to be proud ofladywhitehorse has much to be proud of

I've read this thread several times & I just don't get it. I do not want to know how these things are done. Don't want to stir up trouble, break any rules, or in any way be difficult. I'm guessing that we are okay since I don't even know enough to follow the conversation. Daughter doesn't know what they are talking about either. The last few days have been eventful & have left us feeling confused & a little frightened. I guess I'm looking for some answers on a 1st grade level. I do not want to do anything wrong & it is hard because I don't understand what is happening. Maybe it's just me?
ladywhitehorse is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 02:01 AM   #149
e love Red Sox!
Gifted

yazkitty has a brilliant futureyazkitty has a brilliant futureyazkitty has a brilliant futureyazkitty has a brilliant futureyazkitty has a brilliant future

Thank you so much for this accurate information!! I just heard about this a couple days ago and thought it couldn't be true...because I hadn't seen anything publicly stated by Ganz. I'm so glad they put out an official statement for this issue and that WI has shared this with all of us. I feel a LOT better now after having read this! Thanks!!!
yazkitty is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 02:11 AM   #150
elcome aboard

COONYCOON is epic beyond epicnessCOONYCOON is epic beyond epicnessCOONYCOON is epic beyond epicnessCOONYCOON is epic beyond epicnessCOONYCOON is epic beyond epicnessCOONYCOON is epic beyond epicness
COONYCOON is epic beyond epicnessCOONYCOON is epic beyond epicnessCOONYCOON is epic beyond epicnessCOONYCOON is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by allthatshimmerz
This sums up one of my biggest concern -- the future of kinzpost and whether or not we'll be able to send rare items back & forth between our accounts. I've never done anything that is "exploitive" nor broken rules, even ones I didn't know existed until today. But the kids and I have a system whereby we work together on one big mansion, buying what we can afford with the kinz cash in our "little accounts" and then kinzposting many of our rare Curio purchases and pet specific items over to our "big house." It would be a huge disappointment if we can't continue doing this, or if Ganz were to think, as you said above, that "it's something other than what" it really is.

I tried out the trading room in the clubhouse for the very first time in the past couple weeks. Like you, I've been extremely generous whenever a child has asked me to trade. I've given them items worth far more than what they can offer simply because it makes them so happy. I remember one little girl in particular who was shocked that I would actually take a couple of her items and give her an egyptian table and chair in return. Apparently no one had wanted to trade with her, and it made my heart feel good to know how deliriously happy she was. Now I'm second guessing myself and wondering if Ganz thinks I duplicated items, or whatever it is people do that gets them so upset. I don't have lava lamps, rare skateboards, or anything really old and valuable, but it's terrible feeling to wonder if your good intentions are being second-guessed.

Hi All that Shimmers!

I don't think you need to worry! It's all in the code! I don't think there is any way for them to mistake one for the other. You just need to be able to read the language and the history of an account should all be there for Ganz to read! And that is where they will be able to determine if an item was duplicated on the account or just traded for or kinzposted. They really are trying to be reassuring over this. The truth will out as the saying goes.
COONYCOON is offline Female Reply With Quote

Tags
code wowewe, dudeness was here (:, frugal!, gp was here!, hurricanes, icky hackers, their serious people!!!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: