Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-24-2009, 02:32 PM   #131
ishful
Gift Guru

icucme is a WI addict!
icucme is a WI addict!icucme is a WI addict!icucme is a WI addict!icucme is a WI addict!icucme is a WI addict!icucme is a WI addict!icucme is a WI addict!icucme is a WI addict!

Default Re: EXCLUSIVE: Ganz's Official Statement On Account Bannings in Webkinz World!

View Post Originally Posted by Cappy
unless you're Ganz.
How true is that!! They have duplicated priceless items such as skater kat skateboard, stone elephant and the blue dragster for profit
icucme is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-24-2009, 02:44 PM   #132
sweetpealove22
Webkinz :)

sherbetbunny728 will become famous soon enough

Default Re: EXCLUSIVE: Ganz's Official Statement On Account Bannings in Webkinz World!

View Post Originally Posted by nmiller8
It is a little confusing. Back when the big glich happened, my son's account was hacked and ALL his items where kinzposted to other accounts (like 30+ accounts). I called Ganz as soon as I noticed, they saw what had happened and WHO did it but nothing was done to fix my sons account. Ganz even saw that my son HAD 5 BLUE racers that were the first to be mailed.

To this day my son's account is still very empty and Ganz says there is nothing they can do to give my son back his items.

Now Ganz is going to start banning accounts... why didn't they do something to the person who took my son's items?
i'm sorry to hear about your lose of webkinz items but that is CRAZY that ganz won't replace the items! they can certainly add those items to your sons account. if ganz can go into your account by you calling and giving your username to fix room glitches then they ca certainly replace stolen items. And why all of a sudden is the clubhouse keep closing????i have my pet sitting in the reading room and all of a sudden a window pops up and says sorry the clubhouse is closed! anyone else having this problem???
sherbetbunny728 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 02:45 PM   #133
Think Pink~
Gift Guru

alex1920 knows the way
alex1920 knows the wayalex1920 knows the way

I feel much better now. Ganz is handling this much more professionally than I thought. Ganz probably does earn more respect than we give them. Thanks, WI!
alex1920 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 03:20 PM   #134
sweetpealove22

yep! that's ebay for ya. honest to God, this is no joke but i had an ebay employee hack into my account and purchase over $500. worth of product while i was at work! and when i called ebay to find out what happened the guy told me..."HHMM it shows you haven't even signed onto your account today, how did that happen?" i told him i know i didn't sign onto my account because i'm at work! the moral here is everyone please be careful when buying webkinz or anything else on ebay. sorry if this was a little of topic.
Old 10-24-2009, 03:50 PM   #135

bentleyboy7000 is an unknown quantity at this point

oh my word.......... how sick are some people!!!!! turning a childs game into...... the black market!!! oh the nerve!!!
bentleyboy7000 is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 04:06 PM   #136
FIA
FluffyInAlabama
Gift Guru

FIA has disabled reputation

Selling of pet codes IS allowed. Selling of virtual items is not. --FIA
FIA is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 04:22 PM   #137
sweetpealove22

View Post Originally Posted by allthatshimmerz
Let me first say that I am very sorry to hear about your son's account. I think situations like these are hardest on the children.

I want to thank you for openly sharing and explaining what this whole thing is about. I understand there was some kind of discussion about it somewhere in the Gift section, but I wasn't privy to it because I haven't yet joined the Gift Exchange (hopefully by the end of the month this flu will be gone and I'll feel well enough...) It frightens people for a number of reasons when statements are made but no one really cuts to the core of the matter and explains what the whole mess is about. WW and WI are for my recreational enjoyment, and it's not fun if I have to worry whether or not me or my grandkids inadvertently did something wrong.

Just to clarify, Ganz is upset because one or more persons duplicated and then sold/traded these duplicated valuable items? I didn't know it was possible to even DO something like that.

I've seen at least one of the non-eBay sites where people sell virtual items. For example, one woman's kids lost interest in WW and she was selling some of their pet specific and Curio Shop rare items in their now-abandoned accounts. Is Ganz also upset about this, or only items where people exploited WW by duplicating items? And is it only sellers accounts who are in jeopardy, or does it also include the accounts of people who, for example, bought this woman's legitimate items?

I keep reading that word "exploited" and want to make sure I have a clear understanding of what it all means. Again, thank you very much for opening up and telling the rest of us what you know about it. This is the information I've been seeking ever since KinzPost was closed, statements were made, and rumors began flying.

yes ganz has rules about sell webkinz items that are of no monitay value. they clearly state on the webkinz home page if you click the Bulletinz thumbnail. that is why i was calling ganz to report people on ebay about selling their whole webkinz accounts and or other webkinz exclusive and rare items because it's against their User Agreement that everyone agrees to when joining the webkinz site.
Old 10-24-2009, 05:15 PM   #138
Lil Kinz
superchickrules is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anyone have the same questions as me...

What is an "exploit"?
And how do we know if we're an exploit?

I'm sad now.:bas:
superchickrules is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 05:19 PM   #139
FIA
FluffyInAlabama
Gift Guru

FIA has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by superchickrules
Does anyone have the same questions as me...

What is an "exploit"?
And how do we know if we're an exploit?

I'm sad now.:bas:
It means people were taking advantage of a hole in the programming to cheat.

As long as you're not cheating, you're fine.
FIA is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 05:25 PM   #140
icebear flows towards the sea of knowledgeicebear flows towards the sea of knowledgeicebear flows towards the sea of knowledgeicebear flows towards the sea of knowledgeicebear flows towards the sea of knowledgeicebear flows towards the sea of knowledgeicebear flows towards the sea of knowledgeicebear flows towards the sea of knowledge

View Post Originally Posted by FIA
It means people were taking advantage of a hole in the programming to cheat.

As long as you're not cheating, you're fine.
Well, if you have a duplicate, you get banned. Othe then that, yes your fine.

Actually, that's not what the Creative Director said. He said as long as you're not cheating, you should be fine. Just having a duplicate on your account isn't enough to get your account banned. --FIA

Last edited by FIA; 10-24-2009 at 05:32 PM.. Reason: ,
icebear is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
code wowewe, dudeness was here (:, frugal!, gp was here!, hurricanes, icky hackers, their serious people!!!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: