Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-25-2009, 08:57 PM   #21
mathmagician101
Webkinz :)

mathmagician101 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Eight eStore Exclusives to be Leaving eStore's "Regular Collection"

thanks for the info!!! that means i really need to buy the couches. i don't have them yet and i want them so badd!!!!!
mathmagician101 is offline Male Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2009, 08:51 PM   #22
amshaden is an unknown quantity at this point

Wink Re: Eight eStore Exclusives to be Leaving eStore's "Regular Collection"

Why would they want to retire those?

I REALLY WANT A COTTON CANDY BUNNY!
amshaden is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 02:05 PM   #23
jadavis1
Gift Guru

mulberry59 is cool as a bunny clownmulberry59 is cool as a bunny clownmulberry59 is cool as a bunny clownmulberry59 is cool as a bunny clownmulberry59 is cool as a bunny clownmulberry59 is cool as a bunny clownmulberry59 is cool as a bunny clownmulberry59 is cool as a bunny clown

Donation Award 

I still can't see why Ganz refuses to make these items kinz post-able. If they were, we'd all be rushing out to buy them.!

On the same topic, I too have bought items from the eStore that I no longer enjoy, and the fact that we can't even delete them, let alone sell them back for half price, is extremely frustrating.

I also have no doubt that these will show up on a regular basis as "surprise" items. Since they are virtual to begin with, there would never be a "Replica" sale so this would be it. If Ganz were going to retire them permanently, I'm sure they would have specified that to get more $$$.
mulberry59 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 03:32 PM   #24
Back in School!

JuniperBerry has a reputation beyond reputeJuniperBerry has a reputation beyond reputeJuniperBerry has a reputation beyond reputeJuniperBerry has a reputation beyond reputeJuniperBerry has a reputation beyond reputeJuniperBerry has a reputation beyond repute

View Post Originally Posted by mulberry59
I still can't see why Ganz refuses to make these items kinz post-able. If they were, we'd all be rushing out to buy them.!
Not me, I'd never buy anything at the Estore except the pets if I could potentially get it without paying for it (iie, trading). I just wouldn't feel the need or desire to shell out real money for something I could trade for. But I have no problem buying decorations to play with as the system is set up now. I make sure only buy what I like (and I do have a couple of the items mentioned above, not sorry to see them go as they've all been around since early on).

The only way I could see them making items mobile between accounts is if it was restricted to kinz posting only between accounts specified at the time of purchase. Otherwise, you run the risk of the item disappearing (kids accidentally send to a friend or trading, hacking, etc). It would also prevent the item from appearing on Ebay and the like.
JuniperBerry is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 01:44 PM   #25
jadavis1
Gift Guru

mulberry59 is cool as a bunny clownmulberry59 is cool as a bunny clownmulberry59 is cool as a bunny clownmulberry59 is cool as a bunny clownmulberry59 is cool as a bunny clownmulberry59 is cool as a bunny clownmulberry59 is cool as a bunny clownmulberry59 is cool as a bunny clown

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by JuniperBerry

The only way I could see them making items mobile between accounts is if it was restricted to kinz posting only between accounts specified at the time of purchase. Otherwise, you run the risk of the item disappearing (kids accidentally send to a friend or trading, hacking, etc). It would also prevent the item from appearing on Ebay and the like.
That's the part I don't understand. You run the same risk of kids accidentally sending your most treasured rare or retired items to friends, regardless of how you acquired them. And the hacking problem is MUCH worse for items that you cannot simply buy and replace. I was just hacked recently and they took a lot of my Trading Card items that I can't replace without buying a whole box of cards and HOPING to get the same items again. If hackers take your long retired items you may never get them back again unless you're willing to pay huge amounts of real money on Ebay.

As for Ebay, if folk's wanted to, they could simply sell the code just like those who sell trading card codes, or pet codes. However, I can't see this happening because no one would want to pay the shipping/handling fees when they could just buy the item themselves. For this reason, the eStore items would be even less likely to show up on Ebay than all the other "real" items.

I may be missing something, but as far as I can tell Ganz would make a lot more $ if we could trade items to those who cannot buy from the eStore, particularly the younger players who have no way of ever getting those items.
mulberry59 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 01:51 PM   #26
RockStar ♫
Banned
RockStar ♫ is on a distinguished road

Aw! I love the Butterfly tree! Oh well, I never buy eStore anywayz
RockStar ♫ is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 07:26 PM   #27
Back in School!

JuniperBerry has a reputation beyond reputeJuniperBerry has a reputation beyond reputeJuniperBerry has a reputation beyond reputeJuniperBerry has a reputation beyond reputeJuniperBerry has a reputation beyond reputeJuniperBerry has a reputation beyond repute

View Post Originally Posted by mulberry59
That's the part I don't understand. You run the same risk of kids accidentally sending your most treasured rare or retired items to friends, regardless of how you acquired them. And the hacking problem is MUCH worse for items that you cannot simply buy and replace. I was just hacked recently and they took a lot of my Trading Card items that I can't replace without buying a whole box of cards and HOPING to get the same items again. If hackers take your long retired items you may never get them back again unless you're willing to pay huge amounts of real money on Ebay.
I'm guessing the difference to Ganz (and it may seem like splitting hairs) is that with the Estore, you're paying for that specific item. With the cards, the lip gloss, the carriers, all the other stuff, you're paying for the physical item and the virtual item is extra, so you can do with it as you want - even though in reality, you may be purchasing the cards/lip gloss/carrier/etc just to get the code for the item.

I think it speaks to value as Ganz sees it. If a user buys a pet carrier and then that user's child sells the armoire they chose to the W Store, the user may be out the armoire but they still have the carrier they paid for. Basically, the virtual item has no value to Ganz in that scenario because the purchase was made for the carrier, not the item. It's pretty much the same with retired/rare items. The value is determined by the user. There isn't a monetary value set by Ganz. But with the Estore items, the user's money is directly tied to that virtual item, that's the value to Ganz and they can make sure it never gets lost or sold, by accident or other means by making it permanent to the account (and as an added bonus to them it also eliminates any false claims of it going missing, since it can't).

Quote:
As for Ebay, if folk's wanted to, they could simply sell the code just like those who sell trading card codes, or pet codes.
I've ready that people have indeed put Estore item codes on Ebay and people buy them, which makes little sense to me, but I guess people are always going to try and make a buck.

Quote:
I may be missing something, but as far as I can tell Ganz would make a lot more $ if we could trade items to those who cannot buy from the eStore, particularly the younger players who have no way of ever getting those items.
I don't know that you could say they'd get more sales though, since if the items were made tradeable, then some people could very well just stop buying them and wait for them to come up in trade. I know I would. I buy occasionally from the Estore but I'd stop buying items in a hot minute if I knew I could instead just try the trading rooms.
JuniperBerry is offline Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: