Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-25-2009, 02:03 AM   #1
FIA
FluffyInAlabama
Gift Guru

FIA has disabled reputation

Default Dropping Happiness/Health/Hunger Points on Many Accounts

A WI Front Page entry has been added:

Dropping Happiness/Health/Hunger Points on Many Accounts

Many of our members are reporting that they are having a problem with the Happiness/Health/Hunger (HHH) points on their accounts. Over the past few days, members have logged on to Webkinz World to discover an unexplained and considerable drop in HHH points for their pets. WI member stripey190 always keeps her pets at full 100s, so she was shocked to log on and discover that every one of her pets had the exact same stats of 88 Happiness, 96 Health, and 80 Hunger. Similar experiences are being reported all over the site.

Click the image to open in full size.

Webkinz Insider member FroggyDoodle contacted Ganz regarding this problem:

Ganz customer service just called me back and this is what I was told. The drop in health/happiness/hunger is a new feature that Ganz has implemented....WAIT before yelling!!!...I explained to the customer service rep that I find this information hard to believe. I let her know that we have 7 accounts in our family, and that only 4 of the 7 accounts have been affected by this sudden drop. She put me on hold so she could discuss this with the supervisor multiple times (not sure why she didn't just put the supervisor on the phone), at any rate, I repeatedly explained the random nature of the drop amongst accounts...I also informed her that this is not just a problem I am having, but did mention the 100's of others experiencing the same problem, and again, I explained that it is not dependent on #'s of pets on an account, how active an account is, none of that. Again, she put me on hold and basically, the outcome was that she was going to have the supervisor call me. I explained that the info and explanation that the supervisor was giving was not at all consistent with the drastic changes being seen on some accounts versus no changes being seen on other accounts.

So, that is all I have to pass on at this time. I am supposedly going to receive a call from one of the supervisors...not sure when, but hopefully soon and if and when I do, and if and when I get any more info, I will pass it on.

Forgot to mention...the one thing she did mention is for people to hold off on spending oodles of Kinzcash, because she then said the technical staff were looking into the problem (that is like giving the run around and saying yes there is a problem without actually saying they have problem...at least in my mind) and she said that if there are that many people with the problem, they should call in....so that number is...

Telephone: 1-866-WEBKINZ or 1-866-932-5469

When you call the message says that the # does not record voice messages...but if you just stay on the line it will roll over to a messaging system...so be patient, listen the message and wait to be rolled over, then leave your message regarding random, drastic drops in health/hunger/happiness. Also, the message says to email support@webkinz.com...but don't waste your time, nothing goes through that email address and you will just receive a no-reply indicating that your message has NOT been received.

UPDATE: FroggyDoodle has not yet heard back from Ganz, but WI member My Escape has:

I just got a call back from the help desk, so they are getting the messages left for them when we call the number and wait for the answering machine. At first, I was told by the CS rep that everytime we log on, the points will drop 5 points each, which will force us to feed them. But then I told her that my account was fine, my kids' accounts weren't. At that point, she went into all of our accounts and saw that first-hand. And then I also asked why, if they go down when you sign on, why my kids' accounts had dropped when they hadn't signed on in two weeks. She had no idea and had to speak with a supervisor and asked to call me back.

So she called me back and told me that "it's a bug" andthere will be an update in the Kinzville News regarding the subject tomorrow. I asked her if our levels would be restored and she didn't know, but said it should have that info in the Kinzville News update. So, that's all I got, but was glad to hear it was a bug and not a permanent feature. And all we can do is wait to see if there really is a News update.

It's frustrating, though, that they tell you pretty much anything when they don't really know for sure what's going on. Sure hope the supervisor got it right.
FIA is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-25-2009, 02:09 AM   #2
Webkinz :)

michael08 will become famous soon enough

Default Re: GLITCH NEWS: Dropping Happiness/Health/Hunger Points on Some Accounts

Hi everyone, we too have been feeding our pets like crazy-they are really really hungry and I have even had my one pet get sick twice in one week even after buying medicine and lots of chicken soup and popsicles. Sure hope the spring comes soon and everyone should be feeling better. All the best with those hungry pets.
michael08 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 02:20 AM   #3
HRS-saveAbunnyLife

hazelcorey is on a distinguished road

Default Re: GLITCH NEWS: Dropping Happiness/Health/Hunger Points on Some Accounts

I thought I was going crazy at the phenomenal drop in health and hunger for my pets. I have been spending tons of time and KC on baths, exercise, and pet specific food. I'll stop spending KC and see what develops over the next few days.

I really hope the service rep was mistaken that this is a new feature. I don't really have the time to spend on the phone complaining about this... Hopefully, this new "feature" will be declared a "bug" and squashed!
hazelcorey is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 02:29 AM   #4
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

Originally Posted by FroggyDoodle
...the one thing she did mention is for people to hold off on spending oodles of Kinzcash, because she then said the technical staff were looking into the problem (that is like giving the run around and saying yes there is a problem without actually saying they have problem...at least in my mind) and she said that if there are that many people with the problem, they should call in....so that number is...

Telephone: 1-866-WEBKINZ or 1-866-932-5469
This is the part I am more prone to believe. It is not consistent throughout. Not everyone's pets are seeing this drop and even not all accounts in the same household. Out of 12 accounts that I manage, only 5 of them are dropping below norms in all pets.
The worst one is my daughter's account which has over 80 pets. To recover the 3XH in all pets I would have to invest in over 2000 KC for them to be at top health. That takes a LONG time to earn and I can't see them actually putting us through that kind of cruelty.
The thing that gets me is that I made sure ALL of the pets were at 100 and never before have ALL of the pets in an account been affected by a 3XH drop that was SO drastic.
I will be doing my part and calling Ganz tomorrow to see if they are mistaken (99% of the time the reps know LESS than we do )
Dixiecup is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 06:52 AM   #5

kbugsmom will become famous soon enough

My daughter experienced this problem, she has 20 pets and Saturday morning all of her pet were at 5 hunger and 15-20 health and happiness, the travel agency was gonna charge her 11,000 to make it better!! It cost about 3,000 in food and annother 1,200 for the travel agency for health and happiness. Just glad to know it was not anything she did. Hope they get it fixed soon!
kbugsmom is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 06:53 AM   #6
Jeninfla has a spectacular aura about

The most shocking thing about your customer service experience is that they didn't try to blame it on your computer and tell you to clear your cache! Thanks for taking the time to tell us about it. I hope they do get it fixed soon.
Jeninfla is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 07:27 AM   #7
kjwood51
kjwood51 is on a distinguished road

Hi! I spoke witha supervisor from Customer Support yesterday and was informed yhat accounts connected with one of thier servers is causing the problem. Tech Support is aware of this issue and is working to correct it. Also for any of you who had problems last week with the Daily Kinzcare being stucks after all five days being revealed, ( My account was stuck all week this way); That also was a server issue. They have been having alot of problems with a couple of serbers and at least one of them they are going to replace. Asking people to just be patient...they are aware of various glitches and that when a customer signs up for a Webkinz account, their account is permantly assigned a specific server. This is why size, length of membership, etc. are not related to these glitches. The assignments are random and also based on available space but that in this way they can manage to accomodate more accounts.

Hope this helps all of you. I help cancer kids with their accounts in helping them log on daily and such and I was able to give several account names which were having trouble of all 13 of the accounts were assigned to thesame server. I took that as at least a more positive confirmation that the info I got was on point.

Tech Support has also confirmed to me directly that accounts are given what the techie called a home server which basically meant whatever server you got when you joined Webkinz World was going to be the server you get when you log on each day, unless it's maxed out and then you would jump to another server...like a "hunt program." But most of the time members actually go on the same server except during high peak events. That's the scoop I got, one MS certifed tech to another. Hope it helps.
kjwood51 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 07:39 AM   #8
caprica00,
Gift Guru

TNVOLS is epic beyond epicnessTNVOLS is epic beyond epicnessTNVOLS is epic beyond epicnessTNVOLS is epic beyond epicnessTNVOLS is epic beyond epicnessTNVOLS is epic beyond epicness
TNVOLS is epic beyond epicness

We had 2 accounts affected by that non-resetting problem....thatnks for sharing the info on that!!
TNVOLS is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 07:57 AM   #9

Webkinz Mania dares to be greatWebkinz Mania dares to be greatWebkinz Mania dares to be great
Webkinz Mania dares to be greatWebkinz Mania dares to be greatWebkinz Mania dares to be greatWebkinz Mania dares to be greatWebkinz Mania dares to be great

Guess what. I want to the spa, taking away 27000 KinzCash just for this!
Webkinz Mania is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 08:05 AM   #10
icked Webbies
Gift Guru

dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!
dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!

My son's account is one affected by this problem. His babies were all below 75 in all categories, he's really upset because he is now broke and his babies are still bummed out. Poor guy!

---------- dragonbird added 1 Minutes and 55 Seconds later ----------

I just checked my daughter's account, and she has the same problem. Mine are all fine..Hope they fix this quick!

Last edited by dragonbird; 02-25-2009 at 08:05 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
dragonbird is offline Female Reply With Quote

Tags
pounder

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: