Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-29-2009, 11:43 AM   #1
FIA
FluffyInAlabama
Gift Guru

FIA has disabled reputation

Default Doug Returns to the Clubhouse, Continues to Steal Gems

A new front page story has been added:

Doug Returns to the Clubhouse, Continues to Steal Gems

Click the image to open in full size.

Despite Ganz' assurances that the problem with Doug stealing gems had been corrected, it appears he has returned to his old ways. On the Webkinz Newz this morning Ganz announced "We have fixed this issue", but so far this morning, every WI member who has reported on meeting up with Doug in the Clubhouse has had more gems removed from their collections than Doug said he was taking.

One WI member contacted Webkinz Customer Service this morning and had this to report:

I explained to the Rep that Doug was still "stealing" gems. She told me that the programmers were aware of the problem and that they were working on fixing it now. She said that they expected to have the feature working the way it should sometime next week. I asked her why Ganz had announced that it had been fixed, and she wanted to know where I had read that. I pulled up the Webkinz Newz page and read it to her word for word. She was surprised that the announcement had been posted when her information was that it hadn't been fixed. I asked her why Doug was even in the Clubhouse if it hadn't been fixed. She said she didn't know, but assured me that she would look into both of those issues.

So, if you encounter Doug in the Clubhouse today, our advice is that you don't trade with him. He's giving out a new prize today, Rocky Candy, but this food item still isn't worth the extra gems he is taking.

UPDATE (Friday evening): Webkinz Insider member kellyschrvr spoke with a Rep at Ganz who told her that the programmers are working on the problem with Doug. He said that they have removed Doug from the Clubhouse and that Doug will not return to the Clubhouse until the programmers have fixed the glitch, perhaps sometime next week at the earliest. He also said that everyone who had gems stolen should get all of their gems back by closing time on June 2nd.
FIA is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-2009, 11:44 AM   #2
Gift Guru

Lotamoxie is a WI addict!
Lotamoxie is a WI addict!Lotamoxie is a WI addict!Lotamoxie is a WI addict!Lotamoxie is a WI addict!Lotamoxie is a WI addict!Lotamoxie is a WI addict!Lotamoxie is a WI addict!

Default Re: Doug Returns to the Clubhouse, Continues to Steal Gems

Thanks FIA! I guess Doug needs more rehab.
Lotamoxie is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 11:47 AM   #3
Gift Trainee

76dimples has disabled reputation

The Webkinz Newzs site is showing that this will be fixed by June 2nd.. Did I miss it somewhere on the site where it said it's been fixed?

From Kinzville Newz:
If you traded gems with Doug the Dog yesterday, you may have noticed that he took more gems than he should have. We have fixed this issue, and will be returning all of the gems (including the one you were meant to give) by 5 pm on Tuesday, June 2. We apologize for any concern this issue may have caused.
76dimples is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 11:52 AM   #4
FIA
FluffyInAlabama
Gift Guru

FIA has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by 76dimples
The Webkinz Newzs site is showing that this will be fixed by June 2nd.. Did I miss it somewhere on the site where it said it's been fixed?

From Kinzville Newz:
If you traded gems with Doug the Dog yesterday, you may have noticed that he took more gems than he should have. We have fixed this issue, and will be returning all of the gems (including the one you were meant to give) by 5 pm on Tuesday, June 2. We apologize for any concern this issue may have caused.
It says "We have fixed this issue".

They told us that he wouldn't be stealing gems anymore, and that the gems he stole yesterday would be returned on June 2nd.
FIA is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 11:52 AM   #5
Gift Guru

Lotamoxie is a WI addict!
Lotamoxie is a WI addict!Lotamoxie is a WI addict!Lotamoxie is a WI addict!Lotamoxie is a WI addict!Lotamoxie is a WI addict!Lotamoxie is a WI addict!Lotamoxie is a WI addict!

From Kinzville Newz:
They changed the news then, because this morning they were saying Doug was fixed and that the gems would be returned by 5PM today.
Lotamoxie is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 11:52 AM   #6
Grandear
Webkinz :)

Mammers is on a distinguished road

Looks like Doug is not "completely rehabilitated! I think I will wait to do my trading until Doug gets accustomed to his new role and has been successful for awhile before I start giving up all of one color of my gems. I very close to my third crown; therefore, I think I will get it before I start seeking out Doug. Thanks for all the info and updates!
Mammers is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 11:52 AM   #7
kellyschrvr will become famous soon enough

Donation Award 

From Kinzville Newz:
The part that said WE HAVE FIXED THIS ISSUE.....

The GEMS were to be returned by the 2nd..

So they posted they fixed him, and he is not.
kellyschrvr is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 11:54 AM   #8
4myalika

4myalika5 is a glorious beacon of light4myalika5 is a glorious beacon of light4myalika5 is a glorious beacon of light

Great he is back to his ways again thanks doug also thanks WI member for helping us!
4myalika5 is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 11:54 AM   #9
Gift Guru

AnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellence
AnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellence

Donation Award 

I was only able to get the second gift on one account. On one of them, he asked for the same gem he asked for yesterday. Of course he wiped me out of those, so I didn't have another to trade today.
AnthonysMommy is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 12:02 PM   #10

Safire25509 is a splendid one to beholdSafire25509 is a splendid one to beholdSafire25509 is a splendid one to beholdSafire25509 is a splendid one to behold

Aww, not again. . I hope they fix this soon. I haven't even seen him yet.
Safire25509 is offline Female Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: