Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-07-2010, 06:02 PM   #31
Webkinz :)

wahm2joey is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Despite Description, Pets Cannot Swim in Internal Reflections Pond/Pool

Very misleading marketing Ganz... :-(
wahm2joey is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-2010, 06:04 PM   #32
Lol :)

Maine is the cats pajamas!Maine is the cats pajamas!Maine is the cats pajamas!Maine is the cats pajamas!Maine is the cats pajamas!Maine is the cats pajamas!

Default Re: Despite Description, Pets Cannot Swim in Internal Reflections Pond/Pool

Figures, they're ripping everyone off.
Maine is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 06:09 PM   #33

wahm2joey is on a distinguished road

The more I think about this, the madder I get - they charge an arm and a leg for the eStore stuff. I've always thought, well hey, at least for the amount of money you spend, you get something really special, above and beyond the normal Kinz store stuff. But they really think they can get away with charging highway robbery prices for something that does absolutely nothing?

I guess they figured that out themselves and then decided to use some misleading marketing to get us to buy it even though it does nothing at all...

I'm very disappointed... I mean, I know they are a company and their whole purpose is to make a profit for their shareholders, but there IS a point past which even a profit-driven company should not pass.
wahm2joey is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 07:09 PM   #34

kinzldy has a spectacular aura aboutkinzldy has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: Despite Description, Pets Cannot Swim in Internal Reflections Pond

View Post Originally Posted by sindarin
that's just wrong! false advertising, in my book...

I Fully agree with you on this subject! They promoted it AS SUCH: FOR YOUR PET TO PADDLE IN!
I bought it, and am VERY UPSET! I DO WISH, someone from GANZ gets wind of the FALSE ADVERTISING:and CORRECTS the PROBLEM!
PLEASE TECHS DO YOUR MAGIC
Peace
Kinzldy
kinzldy is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 07:24 PM   #35
~2 Days Til ~ Disney
Banned
mom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicness
mom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicness

Thanks Fia for letting us all know about this This is misleading thanks for keeping us informed
mom w charm is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 07:25 PM   #36
Bunny was awesome!
Gift Guru

kinzmom1924 is a forum hero
kinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum hero

WI Subscriber

Yeah, I was one of the ones that bought this to go with the spa theme. Tried to put my pet in it and found out I'd been "scammed". I am going to try to call Ganz and get my money back. They can keep it. I can use the rare ancient wading pool for decoration. Thumbs down Ganz!
kinzmom1924 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 07:54 PM   #37
marybess18

marybess18 has a spectacular aura aboutmarybess18 has a spectacular aura about

If I had gotten that I would be REALLY upset that I spent my points on it!

The description clearly makes you assume you can swim in it!

Just glad I read it on WI before I bought it!

Thanks again WI

I certainly HOPE to goodness that Ganz did not do this on purpose! If they did, they definetly crossed the line as someone earlier said. If it was an honest mistake...they should correct it! They should send an email to every person that bought the so called "pool" and see if they want to keep it or return it for a refund of their points. This, in my opinion, would be the best way to keep happy customers spending points AND money on the estore. If they keep things like this up they will for sure lose customers...and money!

Last edited by marybess18; 02-07-2010 at 07:54 PM..
marybess18 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 07:58 PM   #38
Do, or Do Not.

Stayontarget has a spectacular aura about

Unhappy Re: Despite Description, Pets Cannot Swim in Internal Reflections Pond/Pool

Well that's lame. Is it just me or has ganz been getting a little more sloppy with their updates?
Stayontarget is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 08:40 PM   #39

jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!

View Post Originally Posted by FIA
A new front page story has been added:

Despite Description, Pets Cannot Swim in Internal Reflections Pond/Pool

Click the image to open in full size.When the Internal Reflections Pond went on sale in the Ganz eStore this weekend, many members eagerly snapped them up thinking these items were new pools their pets could swim in. However, players quickly discovered that even though the item description mentions taking your pet for a "calming dip in the pool", Webkinz can't actually use it for swimming. It appears that this item has been programmed to be decorative, but not interactive. Please take this into consideration when spending your eStore points this month.

Click the image to open in full size.
I normally don't advocate call ganz and complain for things like this; however, this is a HUGELY misleading advertisement. It doesn't take that much data in order to allow it to where pets can swim in the pool, and I feel that they should.

This is my humble opinion only, given the misleading advertising, Ganz should either:

1. Make it where the code will allow pets to swim (mean, fix it to where the item matches the description that the pets can swim in it) or...

2. Allow those dissatisfied with it to get their points back.

Yes, these are pixel items; however, given that they're paid for via REAL cash, they should be treated as a "make the customer happy or give them their money back." If Ganz does neither, then I - who doesn't use e-Store but is considering some items in the future - might also be reconsidering those purchases. I won't help a company that will not make their customer happy, doubly for items that you don't get to keep but pay real money for (not kinzcash.)
jadewarlock is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 09:18 PM   #40
flowergoddess1200

gothfairy is on a distinguished road

it should say that its not interactive thank for the help
gothfairy is offline Female Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: